Author Topic: PL Spurs 0 v Liverpool 1 ‘36 Bobby  (Read 43186 times)

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL Spurs 0 v Liverpool 1 ‘36 Bobby
« Reply #400 on: January 11, 2020, 08:35:01 pm »
I just love how we control games and get the job done. Everyone else describes it as we’re hanging on but we controlling them brilliantly and barely giving opposition teams a sniff.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #401 on: January 11, 2020, 08:36:21 pm »
I have watched
In my sixty plus years real life and in my Liverpool Time Machine I have watched from memory Sam Hardy, Elisha Scott, Arthur Riley, Matt McQueen, Tommy Lawrence, Bruce Grobbelaar, David James, Pepe Reina, Jerzy Dudek and The Fantastic Ray Clemence.

Take a Bow Alisson Ramses Becker because you are..

...The Greatest...

Some statement that & difficult to argue against it!
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: January 11, 2020, 08:36:41 pm »
Duncan Castles having a meltdown.  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #403 on: January 11, 2020, 08:38:06 pm »
Huh??  :o

it's an acronym: Greatest Of All Time

G.O.A.T.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #404 on: January 11, 2020, 08:38:29 pm »
I just love how we control games and get the job done. Everyone else describes it as we’re hanging on but we controlling them brilliantly and barely giving opposition teams a sniff.

Totally agree, we had one or two nervy moments, but on the whole the game was controlled by us.  I think if we'd have got a couple of goals in the first half then it wouldn't have looked as much like we were hanging on like some teams do.

Alisson makes things look easy.  Some keepers would have spilled those shots that he took.

Get in.................

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #405 on: January 11, 2020, 08:38:50 pm »
Mourinho has always been a sore loser. He will focus on small, contentious incidents to detract and distract from his team’s shortcomings, or his opponent’s clear superiority.

Fuck him, and Spurs.

We were superior by far, but in truth, our decision making in their box was poor by our standards.

Final thought - Mane was superb again, particularly without the ball. His defensive play is on a different level and it was brought into focus when Origi replaced him. Origi did ok, but the levels of defensive awareness are chalk and cheese.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #406 on: January 11, 2020, 08:40:02 pm »
Tactics Tim talking utter shite as usual.

He was spot on from what I heard; He said they were fucking shit and if they kept playing like this, hit was only a matter of time before the natives got restless and things turning sour in the cheese room.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: January 11, 2020, 08:40:05 pm »
Totally agree, we had one or two nervy moments, but on the whole the game was controlled by us.  I think if we'd have got a couple of goals in the first half then it wouldn't have looked as much like we were hanging on like some teams do.

Alisson makes things look easy.  Some keepers would have spilled those shots that he took.

Get in.................

That one from Aurier(?) in the second half, don't know how he caught it, most keepers would have parried it out or spilled it if they tried to catch it. He's incredible.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #408 on: January 11, 2020, 08:42:05 pm »
Jamie Redknapp wondering why Spurs didn’t go out and buy the two or three players a couple of seasons ago that would have taken them to the next level.

He’s sat in the reason they didn’t. It’s right in front of him! Twit.
Yeah. Pottechino got the bad end of the stick. He was pushing for 2 seasons to get rid of the current defense and to buy another striker, among other reinforcements as well as to shift the likes of Eriksen, Rose and Lamela, but Levi seems to want to run transfers as much as the manager.

They fatigued and dropped points and then Levi sacked him for it.
What.a.prick

Anyway- we handled them like professionals.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:44:14 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #409 on: January 11, 2020, 08:43:05 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: January 11, 2020, 08:43:13 pm »
Nothing lasts forever in life let alone football, so enjoy every second watching this side play.

Klopp mentioned how rhythm is an issue when there is a longer break than usual

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #411 on: January 11, 2020, 08:43:39 pm »
Those were his tactics, I'm sure you're not surprised. That's why Lucas Moura was falling with the breeze. Every man and his dog knows that Dele A lli and Lamella are obvious divers, so he went on for Lucas to play that role. He targeted players to have sent them off.
There was a point in the second half where Moura was so determined to take a dive that even after none of the three Liverpool players that surrounded him came quite close enough to him, he couldn't prevent himself from going into a sort of death spiral - very whimsical actually.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #412 on: January 11, 2020, 08:43:52 pm »
Nothing lasts forever in life let alone football, so enjoy every second watching this side play.

Klopp mentioned how rhythm is an issue when there is a longer break than usual

Yep. I can see that. But it's a long, long season.

That little rest will really help (I hope!)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: January 11, 2020, 08:44:31 pm »
Our players and manager won’t say it in public, because we’re a fucking incredible team and it’s only a small set of ‘fans’ who feel like they must provide balance and label us as having played badly when we haven’t. But if you go and have a look at his interviews after we beat Villa you’ll see a lot closer to him saying we played badly.

Listen to the tone of VVD in that interview, speaks volumes. 

The only small set of 'fans'  Im part of are the ones who actually go the game.
But it’s cool, you’re wrong and we move on. 16 clear.   

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:53:28 pm by Kenny's Jacket »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #414 on: January 11, 2020, 08:45:32 pm »
Maureen wants robbo sent off :lmao

Oh and we are lucky. Twat

purely to deflect from the fact that he has turned spurs into bus parkers. Spurs fans must be horrified that they have gone from Poch's style of footy to this shite.

Anyway we were much the better team and spurs fans have now got that shite to look forward to every week. We are 31 points ahead of them... that is fucking mental!
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #415 on: January 11, 2020, 08:45:33 pm »

Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving person

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: January 11, 2020, 08:47:17 pm »

I can't remember, is he Mourinho's fluffer?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: January 11, 2020, 08:49:08 pm »
Oh yeah, Atkinson was a complete meff.  How Spurs didn't get a single card in that game I have no fucking clue.  Brought down one of our players right in front of him and he just stared. Not even a booking for simulation.  :no
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #418 on: January 11, 2020, 08:50:06 pm »
I have watched
In my sixty plus years real life and in my Liverpool Time Machine I have watched from memory Sam Hardy, Elisha Scott, Arthur Riley, Matt McQueen, Tommy Lawrence, Bruce Grobbelaar, David James, Pepe Reina, Jerzy Dudek and The Fantastic Ray Clemence.

Take a Bow Alisson Ramses Becker because you are..

...The Greatest...

I'm glad you mentioned Ray Clemence because as a young lad he's my abiding memory of my first game, to be honest because of how big his nose was compared to how it looked on Match of the Day but he was one of my favourites and I was fucking pissed off when Shilton kept getting the nod for England. (To the younger ones, England mattered to a few of us back then.)
As I grew older and started having a bit of nous about the game, it dawned on me how good he was, how there was never any panic from the defenders because they were aware of the class that they had behind them. Well we're seeing this phenomenon again. Alisson could yet be the best there ever was. He was so good today, I reckon most people have no idea.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: January 11, 2020, 08:50:17 pm »
Ok thought there must have been some reason behind it, because he was making some great tackles and steals defensively and didn’t seem tired.
He seems to be on a mission even if his body hurts he's dragging us to that title.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: January 11, 2020, 08:50:18 pm »
Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving person

Bestest

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: January 11, 2020, 08:52:54 pm »
Our goal was fucking brilliant, Henderson’s header was very committed and at a hight where some players might think twice about going for it. Mo’s touch to take it down was silky smooth and his quick feet gave him the room to find Bobby, who dropped the shoulder to get the ball out of his feet to hammer it home all in the space of 3 seconds in a tightly crowded box. I enjoyed that.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2020, 08:53:23 pm »
In all seriousness, don’t give him the attention. It’s pretty clear he’s just trying to get people on his feed so they listen to his podcasts and whatnot.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2020, 08:55:17 pm »
Who was MOTM tonight?
Mine was Wijnaldum, but again, I am sur ehis work will go unnoticed.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #424 on: January 11, 2020, 08:55:28 pm »
Not that long ago, Spurs were a fluent attacking team who had good midfield players.

Today they were a mid-table team who were more intent in not conceding. It really was a much more comfortable game than many people are saying. We just passed the ball around and won it back easily. If we had taken our chances then it would have been 3-0. Yes Spurs had some chances but it wasn't as it they were carving them out.

I don't think any of their first team would get onto ours.
#JFT97

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #425 on: January 11, 2020, 08:56:23 pm »
Who was MOTM tonight?

Mane for me although Gini was a close second.
#JFT97

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: January 11, 2020, 08:57:49 pm »
A well-deserved win and but for some poor finishing and loose final passes we'd have been over the hill and far away before Spurs ventured more than two players over the halfway line.

Loving van Dijk and Gomez coming off the pitch with scowls, then van Dijk giving an interview where the first thing he says is that they want to analyse the performance.  I don't think they were too happy with our game management towards the end!

Martin Atkinson was absolutely terrible again.  Surely this has to be his last season in the top flight.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: January 11, 2020, 08:57:53 pm »
Who was MOTM tonight?

Alisson for me.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #428 on: January 11, 2020, 08:57:55 pm »
Who was MOTM tonight?

Gini, Sadio and Bobby where all excellent.  So one of them for me! Hard to pick one of them really. A good solid performance from the team without being really great, just did what was needed, and managed the lapses. Virgil and Gomez where both good too as was Ali of course.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #429 on: January 11, 2020, 08:58:13 pm »
Who was MOTM tonight?

I’d go Allisson, much the same sort of display as the CL Final. Didn’t need to make any amazing saves but he was so secure, held everything.

Gini, Hendo, Sadio and Mo were all really good too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: January 11, 2020, 08:58:15 pm »
In all seriousness, don’t give him the attention. It’s pretty clear he’s just trying to get people on his feed so they listen to his podcasts and whatnot.

It's part funny and part sad to watch a man, most likely in his 40s, behaving the same way as a 12 years old in order to get attention.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: January 11, 2020, 08:58:38 pm »

Klopp full of praise for Spurs...

“Thank you to whoever built this stadium because the away dressing room is the best I’ve ever seen. Normally when people build new stadiums the away dressing room is small. This is excellent.”

Don't give them too much credit Jurgen, it'll only be because of NFL rules!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: January 11, 2020, 09:00:15 pm »
Those were his tactics, I'm sure you're not surprised. That's why Lucas Moura was falling with the breeze. Every man and his dog knows that Dele A lli and Lamella are obvious divers, so he went on for Lucas to play that role. He targeted players to have sent them off.

Anything snide we can get away with I'm happy with because they were being a gang of cnuts the entire match. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #433 on: January 11, 2020, 09:01:09 pm »
We've all been in those situations when you get caught up in the moment and you know that you should pull out but you don't.....

Yeh and 200k later they are still living in your house and eating all your food. Kids eh.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #434 on: January 11, 2020, 09:02:02 pm »
Don't give them too much credit Jurgen, it'll only be because of NFL rules!

There are two sets of dressing rooms and the NFL ones are much bigger.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: January 11, 2020, 09:02:09 pm »
Maureen wants robbo sent off :lmao

Mourinho wants sectioning

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: January 11, 2020, 09:02:49 pm »
It's good to have an edge to our play and players that you just know opposition supporters hate.  Robbo is treading a fine line though and we don't want to end up losing him to a daft red card and a three game ban.

For me there was absolutely nothing in the 50/50 near the corner flag but he was daft to have a nibble at Alderweireld when the ball was nowhere near.  Again, not a red card offence but why give someone like Atkinson the opportunity?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: January 11, 2020, 09:03:25 pm »
The Reds won in dominating fashion again. A performance sufficient of a 1970's style win, yet in our past few seasons we'd have celebrated one point there. The entire club has moved forward at ridiculous pace. A tangible golden thread of expected success.

The fun things about us being so boss is we can ponder less acerbically about the absolute nonsense we all have to endure.

We have Martin Tyler abandoning his actual job as a commentator and fretting about Son hitting the post in October 1919 and "what would have been", and we have Martin Atkinson not having his worst game but still being absolutely atrocious at his job.

We climbed the hill in our own way.

These Reds. Best in the world now. Best ever.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: January 11, 2020, 09:03:45 pm »
Cracked up when we smashed it up once from a clearance and the fans shouted hoof, they literally long balled in hope half the fuckin match.
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)