Author Topic: Park Ji-Sung and our right wing.  (Read 16580 times)

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
Re: Park Ji-Sung and our right wing.
« Reply #80 on: March 4, 2009, 09:21:16 am »
Kuyt would be a fantastic squad player.

As is Park
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Livid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: March 4, 2009, 09:33:36 am »
They don't appreciate him in the slightest, in fact every manc I've talked to has said they want him off the team.  Mr. F will probably buy another 20 million dollar winger from Brazil and ship him out for cheap though, and when he does he'd chop of his own little Mr. F before selling to us.

That's not true, he's very much appreciated and was widely considered man of the match for his performance against Barca at home last season. I don't think he was brought in to do the job he now does for us, he was a great attacking winger for PSV but he's had some injuries that have taken a yard of pace from him.
He's still a a good footballer with a great engine (hence the Three-Lung Park moniker) but his main downfall is lack of composure in front of goal. It's especially infuriating since he manages to get into fantastic shooting positions before usually whacking the ball straight at the keeper.
One thing's for sure - he wasn't a merchandising buy, that was Dong Fangzhou who was an incredibly shit footballer and a cult hero.
If it bothers you that much that your wife couldn't join the 'Coloured Society', I suggest you divorce your wife and marry a black woman.  Problem solved.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #82 on: March 4, 2009, 09:42:55 am »
Great post.

I've watched Park Ji sung lately and he's proved to me he is a class act and the poster is right it's no fluke or down to injuries that he plays th big games, he's as important to Fergie as Ronaldo or Vidic make no mistake about it.  He'll start against us.

C'mon Barcodes make our week!!
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: March 4, 2009, 09:44:36 am »
That's not true, he's very much appreciated and was widely considered man of the match for his performance against Barca at home last season. I don't think he was brought in to do the job he now does for us, he was a great attacking winger for PSV but he's had some injuries that have taken a yard of pace from him.
He's still a a good footballer with a great engine (hence the Three-Lung Park moniker) but his main downfall is lack of composure in front of goal. It's especially infuriating since he manages to get into fantastic shooting positions before usually whacking the ball straight at the keeper.
One thing's for sure - he wasn't a merchandising buy, that was Dong Fangzhou who was an incredibly shit footballer and a cult hero.

Aah, I forgot about Dong.I thought it was Manucho ;)

Livid, if you had Dirk Kuyt in your squad, where do you think he would fit in?
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Livid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: March 4, 2009, 09:58:55 am »
Aah, I forgot about Dong.I thought it was Manucho ;)

Livid, if you had Dirk Kuyt in your squad, where do you think he would fit in?

Manucho was bought for two goats and a novelty Sony Walkman. Fuck knows why.

Kuyt would be fourth choice striker after Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez.
That'd mean Welbeck would now be out on loan rather than getting a chance with the first team.
I'd rather we blood a promising youngster and have just three proven strikers.

He wouldn't play on the wing since we've got that pretty well covered with Ronaldo, Park, Giggs and Nani.

If it bothers you that much that your wife couldn't join the 'Coloured Society', I suggest you divorce your wife and marry a black woman.  Problem solved.

Offline PoorLancastrianTommy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #85 on: March 7, 2009, 12:18:33 pm »
Which is why we need a proper attacking right back supporting Kuyt in attack, imagine having Alves type rightback over-lapping Kuyt, allowing him to drift into more central positions? It would be a joy to watch IMO, and it's high-lights why signing a top quality attacking rightback is as important or more than signing a top quality right winger ... also imagine Gerrard or Yossi on the right but supported by a top quality attacking rightback ...

So whay exactly is the point of Kuyt (against the "lesser" sides who are happy to put ten men behind the ball). Why have him in the team? I would say we should just get a good right- sided player.

Besides the big four sides are aiming to have attacking full backs as well as attacking wingers

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #86 on: March 7, 2009, 12:34:10 pm »
Dirk Kuyt has punched his weight in the big games no doubt about it. As for Park Ji Sung, Utd got lucky there if he wasn't from the far east I doubt they'd have signed him.

Offline tomtom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: March 7, 2009, 01:51:21 pm »
Dirk Kuyt has punched his weight in the big games no doubt about it. As for Park Ji Sung, Utd got lucky there if he wasn't from the far east I doubt they'd have signed him.

Credit where its due, I think Ferguson bought park for the hard working player he is. If shirt sales were that important to them they would have held onto that ponce Beckham.