Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Brighton 3 Trossard 4', 17', 83', Bobby 33', 52', Webster 62'  (Read 38277 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
At long last we resume our stop start Premier League season with a Saturday afternoon visit from Brighton.

Our last league fixture was played on the 3rd September when the Queen was still alive, and Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson was still PM.

If you can remember 4 weeks ago, we drew 0-0 at Goodison Park !!

We haven't started the league season fantastically well, but it's early days , but we can't really afford too many more slip ups. We are in 8th place, strangely our opponents have outperformed us so far and lie in 4th, 4 points ahead having played the same number of games, so I don't think this will be easy at all.

Match Officials

Referee: Andy Madley. Assistants: Derek Eaton, Steve Meredith. Fourth official: Tony Harrington. VAR: Simon Hooper. Assistant VAR: Darren Cann.

Brighton & Hove Albion

Whilst we laboured to a goalless draw at Everton, Brighton's last fixture was on the same weekend an emphatic 5-2 home win over an ailing Leicester City. Similar to ourselves they have had both subsequent fixtures called off.

Now the big change at Brighton......Graham Potter did want to go to Chelsea having done excellently in his time at Brighton. His replacement is Roberto De Zerbi, a 43 year old Italian, for whom Saturday will be his 1st game in charge of the Seagulls.

I don't now too much about De Zerbi, but Brighton have got their recent managerial appointments spot on. He was a bit of a journeyman player mostly for lower ranked Italian teams , and has managed Palermo, Benevento, and a successful spell at Sassuolo, which led him to get the managers job at Shakhtar Donetsk, whom he led to the league title before resigning as a result of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

We have played Brighton 10 times in the PL era, winning 7 , drawing 2 , with our only defeat being at Anfield during our nightmare run of home defeats during the Covid season.

Last season we drew 2-2 at Anfield, losing a 2 nil lead.....we would  have found those lost 2 points very useful as it transpired.

Within the Brighton squad, we welcome back Adam Lallana to Anfield....however to the surprise of nobody he is presently injured.

They do have some very good players within the squad....Alexis Mac Allister can hit a great free kick, Trossard is a current Belgian international.

Liverpool....

It goes without saying that we really need to pick up a win here....we've dropped more points than we'd ideally like, and our season hasn't really got going yet.

On the injury front Konate should be fit again, whilst Henderson turned out for England in the week. Robertson remains out as far as I am aware.

Maybe......Alisson, Trent, VVD, Matip, Tsimikas, Fabinho, Thiago, Elliott, Salah, Jota, Diaz,

Hopefully a Liverpool win......2-0 is my prediction.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 04:43:39 pm by jillc »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool v Brighton
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2022, 02:08:59 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2022, 02:09:49 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2022, 02:57:45 pm »
Players coming out.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 1, 2022, 03:00:59 pm »
0 We kick off.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 1, 2022, 03:02:41 pm »
2 We attack from the start, pressing really high up, Brighton so far managing to defend. Tsimikas put in a half decent cross, but it is defended.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 1, 2022, 03:03:59 pm »
3 We are really going for it, Brighton messes up on one of their clearances but then Bobby is adjudged to have fouled the defender.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool v Brighton 1 Trossard 4'
« Reply #7 on: October 1, 2022, 03:05:26 pm »
4 Brighton take the lead in their first attack. We don't clear, Trossard puts it past Alisson.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v Brighton 1 Trossard 4'
« Reply #8 on: October 1, 2022, 03:08:06 pm »
6 We attack with plenty of determination but it's our final ball that's just not the right choice at the moment.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 1, 2022, 03:10:34 pm »
7 Salah getting more into the game. Brighton is looking a bit suspect at times; we just have to make the right choices.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 1, 2022, 03:11:37 pm »
10 Another chance for Brighton, which Alisson manages to save but at one stage it looked as though he was going over the line. Still 0-1.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 1, 2022, 03:12:30 pm »
11 A great chance for Bobby there, dances past a defender but his shot is blocked.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 1, 2022, 03:13:40 pm »
12 This is such an open game, another chance there for Brighton but Alisson sees it and comes running off his line really quickly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 1, 2022, 03:15:11 pm »
14 Stupid refereeing decisions continue as Bobby gets a free kick against him for completely nothing.  ::)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 1, 2022, 03:17:07 pm »
16 Some really good linking work there from Bobby, but Brighton manages to block the shot.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 1, 2022, 03:18:33 pm »
18 Trossard puts the ball in the net, but it looked offside to me. But yet again too easy from us.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 1, 2022, 03:20:27 pm »
If we’re being honest Brighton should be 3-0 up by now.

We are too open, but Brighton have been lucky with their defending at time.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 1, 2022, 03:21:44 pm »
20 Trent has a shot but it's wide of the goal.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 1, 2022, 03:23:44 pm »
Guardian sayig 2-0?

It is 0-2 a Trossard double.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v Brighton 2 Trossard 4', 17'
« Reply #19 on: October 1, 2022, 03:25:03 pm »
24 Now that was better a great low ball in from Trent and Brighton put in out.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 1, 2022, 03:26:10 pm »
25 The corner was cleared, we get the ball in again but Brighton just about manages to smuggle it away.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 1, 2022, 03:27:48 pm »
26 Mo spending some time on the left wing today, but we are still not making the right decisions at the end.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 1, 2022, 03:29:27 pm »
28 We are are not making the Brighton keeper work hard enough. Can someone tell me why the ref has allowed the game to stop for a Brighton player to tie up his boot laces? He is yellow carded.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 1, 2022, 03:31:01 pm »
30 The nearest we have come to a goal, but Sanchez in the Brighton goal was equal to the shot of Salah.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 1, 2022, 03:32:49 pm »
31 Too many of our players are panicking like Fab there were he puts a ball out. But the frustration of the crowd is starting to get to the players now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 1, 2022, 03:33:50 pm »
33 Bobby has put the ball into the net, but a late flag goes up. It will go to VAR. Goal is given VAR does work sometimes you know!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 v Brighton 2 Trossard 4', 17', Bobby 33'
« Reply #26 on: October 1, 2022, 03:35:33 pm »
Such a brilliant assist from Salah there, he did brilliantly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 1, 2022, 03:37:05 pm »
36 That should have been 2-2, Salah took the shot, but had he passed it would be 2 all.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 1, 2022, 03:39:02 pm »
38 It's mainly Liverpool now, as we are winning more of the second balls, just have to be ruthless and make the right choices at the end.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 1, 2022, 03:40:30 pm »
39 Some great work there between Salah and Carvalho, but the young lad's control lets him down and Brighton clear. Unlucky.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 1, 2022, 03:42:54 pm »
42 We are playing much better but can't get that last shot in so are having to move it around a lot. A lovely ball in by Trent, Salah was clipped but no foul says the ref.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 1, 2022, 03:44:40 pm »
43 Brighton fans appeal for a free kick for the ball touching Salah, none of their players appealed though.  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 1, 2022, 03:45:58 pm »
45+3

Into added on time.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 03:49:17 pm by jillc »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 1, 2022, 03:47:00 pm »
46 Tsimikas put a great ball in there, but no one was there.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 1, 2022, 03:48:04 pm »
47 The linesman is a disaster area the ball goes off a Brighton boot and they get the ball!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 1, 2022, 03:49:06 pm »
48 Half time score 1-2 to Brighton with us having some heavy artillery to come on in the second half.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 1, 2022, 04:04:28 pm »
45 Brighton gets back underway.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 1, 2022, 04:06:09 pm »
46 Strong start from the Reds with both Salah and Bobby having chances, but Brighton deal with them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 1, 2022, 04:08:08 pm »
48 Diaz is on for us and is involved straight away in a good move. Carvalho subbed.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 04:12:11 pm by jillc »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 3 v Brighton 2 Trossard 4', 17', Bobby 33', 52', Diaz 62
« Reply #39 on: October 1, 2022, 04:09:40 pm »
50 A good move there between Diaz, Salah and Trent which Brighton are forced to block away.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 04:24:10 pm by jillc »