Author Topic: Taking back control and getting Brexit done.  (Read 56978 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: Taking back control and getting Brexit done.
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2020, 01:13:57 pm »
13 million people who didn't care enough about their future to go and vote. Has there ever been any analysis what the Remain/Leave ratio was in that group?

My 2p worth is that it was complacent Remainers who thought Remain would easily win rather then Leavers as they seemed more motivated - I guess you always would be when you are voting to change something rather then the status quo.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2020, 01:32:56 pm »
Well we have 11 months and its in everyone's interest so a deal will be done. A deal to suit all parties. We're all major trading partners and democratic countries. Any issues will get worked out. I trust the civil service to get this done.

We are no longer a major trading partner. The EU is a massive trading bloc and the UK is now a 'third country' run by idiots who are looking to do more trade with geographically distant countries.

You obviously don't have a great understanding of how deals are done. They don't all sit down and say "ok, what's the best for you on the other side of the table?..." It is dog-eat-dog and the biggest dog gets the best deal. And countries will look after their own interests before making life easier for a country that has shot itself in the foot and created havoc for the last few years.

Only an idiot would go into a negotiation with a weaker bargaining position (no longer being part of a 28 country trading bloc) and expect to get a better deal.

Oh, and just a reminder that Cummings is looking to disrupt and fuck up the Civil Service.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2020, 01:50:15 pm »
We are no longer a major trading partner. The EU is a massive trading bloc and the UK is now a 'third country' run by idiots who are looking to do more trade with geographically distant countries.

You obviously don't have a great understanding of how deals are done. They don't all sit down and say "ok, what's the best for you on the other side of the table?..." It is dog-eat-dog and the biggest dog gets the best deal. And countries will look after their own interests before making life easier for a country that has shot itself in the foot and created havoc for the last few years.

Only an idiot would go into a negotiation with a weaker bargaining position (no longer being part of a 28 country trading bloc) and expect to get a better deal.

Oh, and just a reminder that Cummings is looking to disrupt and fuck up the Civil Service.
Lets wait and see they say, nobody knows what will happen. well most countries are refusing to roll over the deal we have now as members of the EU, do people really expect us to get better deals when we can't even keep the ones we have now.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2020, 02:46:03 pm »
Well we have 11 months and its in everyone's interest so a deal will be done. A deal to suit all parties. We're all major trading partners and democratic countries. Any issues will get worked out. I trust the civil service to get this done.

You sound like a Johnson mouth piece.

You clearly don't have a great understanding of reality.

We haven't negotiated a trade deal in over 40 years!

The major economies of the world are the EU, US and China, we are now a much smaller country who will struggle to get deals with favourable terms.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2020, 02:58:04 pm »
Given circa half the country did not vote for Brexit it may have been expected the ‘exit’ today would be relatively low key.  But probably not, wouldn’t be surprised to see gloating aplenty later from London. Already underway no doubt with Frottage et al.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2020, 03:07:34 pm »
It makes me laugh how idiots still mention the “....everybody's interest” line.

It was in everybodys interest that we stayed in the EU. Ultimately its in the EU’s interest that we do terribly outside that bloc.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2020, 03:30:09 pm »
Tea tonight of Yorkshire pudding, Cumberland sausages and a cup of beans with HP Sauce for me!

And I will enjoy it all over a sparkling glass of red English wine.

"Mmmmmm, English wine," said... nobody ever  ;D

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2020, 03:55:49 pm »
Has to search around for that:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/01/29/european-parliament-ratifies-brexit-deal-paves-way-britain-leave/

The national humiliation is in being represented by gobshites like Frottage. The fucking state of them all.
How embarrassing is that, even if you are a pro leave you've got to think that they are a bunch of c&nts?
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2020, 03:57:30 pm »
Announced yesterday apparently ‘duty free’ will apply from Rep of Ireland to GB, but won’t apply from Rep of Ireland to Northern Ireland.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2020, 03:59:35 pm »
What I want to know is does this mean the end of the awful Brexitcast?

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2020, 04:04:05 pm »

I've never got more than thirty seconds into one of those cringeworthy fuckers.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2020, 04:06:09 pm »
I've never got more than thirty seconds into one of those cringeworthy fuckers.

Katya Adler is ok but the other 3 are absolutely fucking awful. One thing good about Boris getting a majority as well is that hopefully we see less of Laura Kuensberg.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2020, 04:34:35 pm »

11 months is absolutely fuck all time for any agreement to go through the process of modern diplomacy. Let alone one as wide-ranging as the future relationship will need to be on factors such as; tax systems, fishing policies, regional security, visas and air traffic rights.

I am a chartered tax advisor and can tell you that the process to abolish the 'tampon tax' across the EU started in March 2016 and will come into effect from Jan 2022. Any suggestion that 'a deal can be done' on all these topics in 11 months is absolute folly.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2020, 05:01:53 pm »
It's a total fantasy any significant trade deal happens by December if you understand the timescales of these things.

It'll end up being capitulation sold as victory when these deals start being announced a few years down the line. Expect lots of talk of simple verbal "agreements" being passed off as an actual trade deal too.

Brexit will end up being a momental and mendacious bait and switch exercise.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 05:04:20 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2020, 05:09:05 pm »
Tea tonight of Yorkshire pudding, Cumberland sausages and a cup of beans with HP Sauce for me!

And I will enjoy it all over a sparkling glass of red English wine.

"Mmmmmm, English wine," said... nobody ever  ;D

There are some decent English white wines and sparkling wines.

I've noticed that Downing Street is having English sparkling wine and Shropshire Blue tonight. Don't see why that should be a big thing. The British Givernment should always promote British food. I'm looking forward to them selling of the huge stocks of vintage French wine they have and donate the proceeds to food banks.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2020, 05:09:22 pm »
11 months is absolutely fuck all time for any agreement to go through the process of modern diplomacy. Let alone one as wide-ranging as the future relationship will need to be on factors such as; tax systems, fishing policies, regional security, visas and air traffic rights.

I am a chartered tax advisor and can tell you that the process to abolish the 'tampon tax' across the EU started in March 2016 and will come into effect from Jan 2022. Any suggestion that 'a deal can be done' on all these topics in 11 months is absolute folly.

A programme I saw a few months back had a trade expert on. He said the absolute minimum just to get the framework and basics into place would realistically take 24 months.

The UK is going for a no-deal Brexit. I think the EU know that so will continue their preparations.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2020, 05:27:39 pm »
Bit preaching to the choir, but Robert Saunders (historian of all things constitutional, including EU membership) has a good post on his blog on why we joined in the first place and the questions re-opened by leaving. Obviously applies to the more practical disruptions and longer term consequences which have been mentioned.

For the big strategic questions have not gone away. What is Britain’s economic future, as a medium-sized economy in a world dominated by China and the United States? What is Britain’s diplomatic role, in a world without an empire? How can Britain maximise its sovereignty over its internal decision-making – which is not an unworthy ambition – in a world in which trade rules are set internationally, in which companies like Google and Facebook have larger GDPs than many countries, and in which issues like climate change render national borders irrelevant?

Europe may have been the wrong answer to those questions – though that is not my own view – but Brexit means we are going to have to find new answers, under perhaps less favourable conditions. If we pretend those dilemmas do not exist, or if we simply go back to old answers because we have forgotten why they were rejected in the first place, disaster lies ahead. Brexit requires a fundamental recasting of Britain’s national strategy. Achieving that will require more imagination, more humility and a more clear-eyed appreciation of the options than anyone has yet offered in Britain’s tortured Brexit debate.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2020, 05:29:05 pm »
Even with EU funding, the UK is an absolute pit outside of central London in comparison to many Dutch & German cities. Fuck knows what the likes of already very grey Birmingham & Manchester will look like in 20 years.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2020, 05:34:18 pm »
Just posted this in the politics thread: Maybe it should have gone in here:
As 'Madness' might say this will be " One Step Beyond" for the nation.  :wave

With a man leading this country with zero morals, a serial liar, a man described as the laziest Foreign minister in recent history, a man linked to corruption on so many fronts, an elitist prig and bully who thinks nothing of making racist comments and the actions that follow from his words. :wanker

So looking at that everything will be 'peachy' what could possibly go wrong?

At least the Bananas will be as bent as him and his party now.

Just to add Javed has already made more Uturns on future trade and finance criteria than a lost blind man doing Uturns on Spaghetti Junction.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2020, 05:52:08 pm »
Fucking hell, so depressing. 

Saw this quote from Boris earlier -
"This is the dawn of a new era in which we no longer accept that your life chances – your family’s life chances – should depend on which part of the country you grow up in."

As if that were the EU's fault ?

I don't even live there anymore and have already gotten another passport but this makes me so sad.  I'm going to ignore the news this weekend and drown my sorrows nice bottle of portuguese wine and some french cheese.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:21:02 pm by Slick_Beef »

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2020, 05:59:38 pm »

yes the last episode was last night after question time

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2020, 05:59:45 pm »
A programme I saw a few months back had a trade expert on. He said the absolute minimum just to get the framework and basics into place would realistically take 24 months.

The UK is going for a no-deal Brexit. I think the EU know that so will continue their preparations.

I keep saying it, but with Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson backer Crispin Odey having £299 million in bets on that scenario, then that is what will happen. Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson prorogued parliament on his advice.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2020, 06:01:20 pm »
Even with EU funding, the UK is an absolute pit outside of central London in comparison to many Dutch & German cities. Fuck knows what the likes of already very grey Birmingham & Manchester will look like in 20 years.

Ironically of course those cities that appear to be in better shape (visually at least) compared to what they were in 70s/80s and early 90s (I include Liverpool in that) have improved generally due to EU funding.  Fat chance Tory governments would have funded widespread regeneration outside the EU. 

Still, taking back control and a return to managed decline or something.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2020, 06:20:17 pm »

I live in Trafford and everywhere looks like shit already, potholes everywhere, the drains are blocked so everywhere floods, leaves aren't swept up so there are piles of rotted crap everywhere, fuck knows what it will be like in 5 years at this rate.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2020, 06:23:24 pm »
What? We have excellent relations with Ireland and Northern Ireland. There will be a system in place within 11 months to satisfy all parties.
Mmm. Took 600 years to sort out a peaceful relationship with the English. Can’t see the Irish being so accommodating this time around.

Let’s face it. It was a public school Tory clusterfuck of an idea, and it was sold to the country as a means of “sending them back”.
It has set this country back many years.

All the lies can’t disguise the fact that we are about to be bent over and fucked at the negotiation of trade deals. And the rich pricks who made fortunes on the markets won’t be the ones to suffer.
Already we have been told that Austerity is now normality.
10 more years of austerity plus  no EU funding, because the £bus money is earmarked for tax cuts for the rich.
and Anne Widdecome will be delighted
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2020, 06:28:36 pm »

"This is the dawn of a new era in which we no longer accept that your life chances – your family’s life chances – should depend on which part of the country you grow up in."

I don't even live their anymore and have already gotten another passport but this makes me so sad.  I'm going to ignore the news this weekend and drown my sorrows nice bottle of portuguese wine and some french cheese.

Says the guy who went to Eton.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2020, 06:32:51 pm »
yes the last episode was last night after question time

Brilliant news. Good riddance.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2020, 06:44:32 pm »

I don't even live their anymore and have already gotten another passport but this makes me so sad.  I'm going to ignore the news this weekend and drown my sorrows nice bottle of portuguese wine and some french cheese.

And when your life is still shit after leaving the EU who are you going to pin the blame on then?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2020, 06:55:08 pm »
The media will be gutted. They love Brexit, its brought in the viewing figures. It will be hilarious how they try to big up and get the public interested in trade talks. They will fail of course because from this point most people wont give a shit.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2020, 07:07:59 pm »
Its a fucking dark horrible day.
The numpties, the racists and the tax evaders won and this country is going down the shitter.
Someone should nail Frottage by his bollocks to nelsons column.

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2020, 08:07:21 pm »
And when your life is still shit after leaving the EU who are you going to pin the blame on then?

what's left of the migrants that are still here.

Though in reality I think what will happen is the same level of migrants will come to work here but it will probably be larger numbers from outside of Europe once the government realises there is no one to fill jobs in Costa, McNasty's, Greggs etc.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2020, 08:15:28 pm »
Its a fucking dark horrible day.
The numpties, the racists and the tax evaders won and this country is going down the shitter.
Someone should nail Frottage by his bollocks to nelsons column.

There was a picture of Frottage in the Metro. Auctioning a portrait of himself (for charity supposedly). Standing next to him was Jim Davidson, like they were best buddies. Says it all.

Reality is there are way too many people in this country who want to be told what to do by the upper classes and believe that they will do what's best for them. If there was a vote tomorrow for this country to be ruled by a king/Queen from now on, i bet it would be a close vote and most of the idiots would probably think it's not a bad idea. Unless of course it was Meghan.

For the most part it is uneducated people quoting 3 word slogans as that is all they are capable of remembering. Keep people stupid and you can rule them forever
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2020, 09:27:35 pm »

Poor people* and immigrants, the timeless classic!

*Other poor people.  They'll probably sort some reruns of benefit street to keep everyone focused.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2020, 10:25:15 pm »
Tomorrow is the time for maturity. Tonight is the time for celebration.

So in the spirit of celebration I hope all those who voted for Brexit lose their jobs and that those Brexiteers already without jobs are forced into the fields to pick fruit and potatoes.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2020, 10:30:42 pm »

So in the spirit of celebration I hope all those who voted for Brexit lose their jobs and that those Brexiteers already without jobs are forced into the fields to pick fruit and potatoes.

Let the dogs have their day.  This is their moment in the spotlight.  All downhill for them from now on.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2020, 10:36:31 pm »
Had to turn the news off. Every brexiteer interviewed came across as a stupid, deluded c*nt spouting the same old meaningless sound bites.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2020, 10:40:09 pm »
Been without the telly for four days now, can't say I'm missing it at the moment.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2020, 10:40:36 pm »

The supermarkets are free to get rid of quality control on vegetables now we've left. one old woman tonight says the EU have no right to tell us what shape vegetables should be.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2020, 10:41:52 pm »
The supermarkets are free to get rid of quality control on vegetables now we've left. one old woman tonight says the EU have no right to tell us what shape vegetables should be.

Maybe they think they will get straight bananas now.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2020, 10:51:54 pm »

Benefit claimants?