3 (1.4%)
Rebecca Long Bailey
20 (9.1%)
Lisa Nandy
18 (8.2%)
Jess Philips
11 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 220

Author Topic: Labour leadership contest: Who is your choice?  (Read 53483 times)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: Labour leadership contest: Who is your choice?
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2020, 11:45:38 pm »
Keir Starmer has to win for Labour to have a chance of rebuilding and depriving the Tories of a free run at the next two or three elections.

People are tarring him with the 2nd referendum option within the manifesto and claiming that killed any chance Labour had!

When Brexshit goes tits up, as it may well do by 2024, that brush may not be quite so well tarred by then.

I don't think Labour will have too much difficulty winning back seats from the Tories that they lost in December with any candidate beside Long-Bailey.

I like Jess, just don't think she'd go down well in an election so I can't back her

Lisa Nandy is a decent second choice and her winning would at least allow Labour to put to bed the fact that they've never had a female leader but making the party credible is the only thing on the agenda for me. Elect the wrong person as the last two incumbents have been and that could really be the end.

I have rejoined Labour to vote in this election and I shall be backing Keir Starmer as leader, and ABB (Anyone But Burgon) for deputy. I am tempted by Iain Murray, as he spoke very well in a newsnight interview earlier and he could attract back some much needed support north of the border. I suspect I may vote for Angela Rayner though
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2020, 11:55:45 pm »
These are the MPs/MEPs who nominated Richard Burgon

Richard Burgon – 22 nominated

Diane Abbott
Apsana Begum
Richard Burgon
Ian Byrne
Dan Carden
Mary Foy
Rachel Hopkins
Imran Hussain
Ian Lavery
Andy McDonald
John McDonnell
Ian Mearns
Claude Moraes
Grahame Morris
Kate Osborne
Yasmin Qureshi
Bell Ribeiro-Addy
Zarah Sultana
Jon Trickett
Claudia Webbe
Beth Winter
Mohammed Yasin

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2020, 06:45:12 am »

Spoiler
Diane Abbott
Apsana Begum
Richard Burgon
Ian Byrne
Dan Carden
Mary Foy
Rachel Hopkins
Imran Hussain
Ian Lavery
Andy McDonald
John McDonnell
Ian Mearns
Claude Moraes
Grahame Morris
Kate Osborne
Yasmin Qureshi
Bell Ribeiro-Addy
Zarah Sultana
Jon Trickett
Claudia Webbe
Beth Winter
Mohammed Yasin
[close]

Another loon who could never win a GE.  :butt
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2020, 07:21:46 am »

Diane Abbott
Apsana Begum
Richard Burgon
Ian Byrne
Dan Carden
Mary Foy
Rachel Hopkins
Imran Hussain
Ian Lavery
Andy McDonald
John McDonnell
Ian Mearns
Claude Moraes
Grahame Morris
Kate Osborne
Yasmin Qureshi
Bell Ribeiro-Addy
Zarah Sultana
Jon Trickett
Claudia Webbe
Beth Winter
Mohammed Yasin
At least two of them are merseyside MPs, no shock dan ‘Venezuela solidarity’ Carden is one of them, ditto lavery

Do find it funny that you can nominate yourself, the most Burgon thing imaginable

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2020, 07:59:30 am »
At least two of them are merseyside MPs, no shock dan ‘Venezuela solidarity’ Carden is one of them, ditto lavery

Do find it funny that you can nominate yourself, the most Burgon thing imaginable

Thats the same for all leadership candidates.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2020, 09:24:46 am »
@DanCardenMP: I support @RLong_Bailey for Leader and @AngelaRayner for Deputy Leader. Ange was typically supportive when I lent my nomination to our friend @RichardBurgon to ensure he made the ballot. A range of voices should be heard in the debates. It's for the members to decide.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2020, 09:41:46 am »
Starmer for the sole reason that most everyone I know - including, depressingly, my sisters who "hated Corbyn" - find him electable

I'd rather have a watered down Labour in power than Yet More Tories

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2020, 10:04:07 am »
Starmer for the sole reason that most everyone I know - including, depressingly, my sisters who "hated Corbyn" - find him electable

I'd rather have a watered down Labour in power than Yet More Tories
What gives you the impression Starmer will be watered down labour?

I don’t see that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2020, 10:11:26 am »
@DanCardenMP: I support @RLong_Bailey for Leader and @AngelaRayner for Deputy Leader. Ange was typically supportive when I lent my nomination to our friend @RichardBurgon to ensure he made the ballot. A range of voices should be heard in the debates. It's for the members to decide.
FFS that's exactly how Corbyn got on the ballot paper in 2015. When will they ever learn!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2020, 10:25:32 am »
FFS that's exactly how Corbyn got on the ballot paper in 2015. When will they ever learn!
those who nominated burgon don’t see the last few years as a mistake, as widening the debate gives a chance for one of their muppets to win whereas the PLP would normally keep them out due to them being idiots

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2020, 10:34:57 am »
They also forget that the general public is watching. The moe air time that is given to airheads like Burgon the more difficult it becomes to persuade people that Labour isn't still orbiting Saturn.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2020, 10:39:05 am »

Worked a treat in 2015, no unintended consequences.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2020, 10:44:06 am »
If L-B and Burgon get elected then we all might as well go home.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2020, 10:44:16 am »
They also forget that the general public is watching. The moe air time that is given to airheads like Burgon the more difficult it becomes to persuade people that Labour isn't still orbiting Saturn.
Good point. He's going to embarrass and piss off so many prospective voters.

You've got to love how Carden's praising himself for doing it too. Talking about cronyism like it's a virtue, and then not a positive thing to say about Burgon except that he's a mate.

The whole point of the election process, as set up by the NEC, is to wittle down the choices so the members have only good options to vote for. This guy can't even handle the responsibility of giving his support to the person he wanted to (Raynor). Talk about lacking the courage of your convictions.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2020, 11:22:21 am »
What gives you the impression Starmer will be watered down labour?

I don’t see that

I don't know a great deal about his policy positions but what I have seen seems to indicate he is economically from the left of the party, fortunately he doesn't have the baggage on the foreign policy/security side of things that Corbyn had however.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2020, 11:22:42 am »

He voted for Long Bailey. He is on that side of the party.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2020, 11:44:42 am »
He voted for Long Bailey. He is on that side of the party.

But he said himself that he is supporting Raynor. Just couldn't cope with all the responsibility of going with his preference. Or succumbed too easily to an awkward request from a friend or someone like McDonnell. Absolute mentality minnow

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2020, 11:45:05 am »
When Brexshit goes tits up, as it may well do by 2024, that brush may not be quite so well tarred by then.

I don't think Labour will have too much difficulty winning back seats from the Tories that they lost in December with any candidate beside Long-Bailey.

Both are quite wild assumptions - that Brexit will have such a negative effect on the economy to swing ex-Labour seats where there's very little youth vote around and where people are mad at Labour more than anything else.

The likes of Crewe & Nantwich, Dudley North, Great Grimsby, Newcastle-under-Lyme and Scunthorpe for example don't look like assailable majorities to me. Let alone those the Tories flipped in 2017 against the national swing (Stoke South, Middlesbrough South, Walsall North and Mansfield).

If Labour start going after those seats while ignoring the seats they narrowly lost in 2019 that they didn't previously hold or narrowly held. Going all-out to win back "Bolsover coz it's Labour" for emotional reasons is not what Labour need. Preventing a majority is going to be done by winning back the Birmingham seat they lost along with Burnley, Bury, Peterborough, Stoke Central, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton et cetera. Lots of suburban London seats are also in that category. Way more fertile ground for the party.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:47:34 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2020, 11:48:11 am »
But he said himself that he is supporting Raynor. Just couldn't cope with all the responsibility of going with his preference. Or succumbed too easily to an awkward request from a friend or someone like McDonnell. Absolute mentality minnow

Maybe, but I very much doubt he clearly gives a shit if Raynor or Burgeon get in. Thats unlike 2015 where even Corbyn sceptics voted for him.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2020, 12:01:35 pm »
I don't know a great deal about his policy positions but what I have seen seems to indicate he is economically from the left of the party, fortunately he doesn't have the baggage on the foreign policy/security side of things that Corbyn had however.
Don't worry, the media will soon dredge up something from his days at the CPS will will suddenly attain Watergate levels of importance.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2020, 12:17:43 pm »
Don't worry, the media will soon dredge up something from his days at the CPS will will suddenly attain Watergate levels of importance.

I saw Corbyn supporters doing that about him yesterday. Something about 'going after scroungers'

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2020, 12:31:39 pm »
I saw Corbyn supporters doing that about him yesterday. Something about 'going after scroungers'

He's anti-Royal Family? Never knew that.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2020, 12:40:47 pm »
Both are quite wild assumptions - that Brexit will have such a negative effect on the economy to swing ex-Labour seats where there's very little youth vote around and where people are mad at Labour more than anything else.

The likes of Crewe & Nantwich, Dudley North, Great Grimsby, Newcastle-under-Lyme and Scunthorpe for example don't look like assailable majorities to me. Let alone those the Tories flipped in 2017 against the national swing (Stoke South, Middlesbrough South, Walsall North and Mansfield).

If Labour start going after those seats while ignoring the seats they narrowly lost in 2019 that they didn't previously hold or narrowly held. Going all-out to win back "Bolsover coz it's Labour" for emotional reasons is not what Labour need. Preventing a majority is going to be done by winning back the Birmingham seat they lost along with Burnley, Bury, Peterborough, Stoke Central, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton et cetera. Lots of suburban London seats are also in that category. Way more fertile ground for the party.
You may well be right and the fact Labour can't win back these voters shows just how useless they have been over the last few years.
People won't be won over by the negative effect on the economy, we should have learned this lesson a few yrs back. arguing GDP will fall just falls on deaf ears. we have already lost more than $170 biil since the vote to leave shrunk the economy. that's more than we have sent the EU in 47 yrs of EU membership. yet whose bothered, people will still claim we are going to save millions every week when we stop sending the EU money.
I think the government have some very serious problems ahead that will affect millions of people in the pocket, it will affect millions personally, that's when people will start to react, it's up to Labour to lay the full blame for this on the Tories.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 12:52:10 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2020, 01:16:49 pm »
Momentum's desire for "democratisation of the party" raises yet more eyebrows as they release their ballot to get some semblance of a mandate from the membership to use their resources to campaign for Long Bailey and Rayner.

Spoiler

[close]
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2020, 03:14:49 pm »

So?

If hes competent, he would would have his rebuttals ready and move the debate on. That's what any good leader would do.

Corbyn was dreadful at this.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2020, 03:37:41 pm »
You may well be right and the fact Labour can't win back these voters shows just how useless they have been over the last few years.
People won't be won over by the negative effect on the economy, we should have learned this lesson a few yrs back. arguing GDP will fall just falls on deaf ears. we have already lost more than $170 biil since the vote to leave shrunk the economy. that's more than we have sent the EU in 47 yrs of EU membership. yet whose bothered, people will still claim we are going to save millions every week when we stop sending the EU money.
I think the government have some very serious problems ahead that will affect millions of people in the pocket, it will affect millions personally, that's when people will start to react, it's up to Labour to lay the full blame for this on the Tories.
there's been minimal impact on people's jobs so far. That will likely change once the full impact of Brexit is felt, at that point Labour need to go for the jugular. If it doesn't happen then Brexit won't have been as bad as the economic assessment implied

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2020, 03:43:42 pm »

well we'll have to wait and see, if Brexit isn't as bad as many are predicting then seats like Workington, Redcar etc may well stay with the Tories. If it is as bad as predicted and people start losing their jobs then any credible Labour leader should at least be able to reverse some of the losses in order to prevent a Tory Majority.

What they then need to do is reform the voting system that prevents the Tories ever governing alone again

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2020, 04:14:01 pm »
there's been minimal impact on people's jobs so far. That will likely change once the full impact of Brexit is felt, at that point Labour need to go for the jugular. If it doesn't happen then Brexit won't have been as bad as the economic assessment implied
Maybe we need another thread covering Brexit but certain negative impacts are impossible to escape. they will make UK companies far less competitive and inefficient. loss of frictionless trading is now certain. companies will no longer be able to guarantee delivery dates.
We know agriculture imports will be allowed in tariff free so thats UK farming wiped out, we shall see what the government do when it comes to enforcing WTO tariffs on all imports.
There will be a big negative impact starting in 2021. we have already heard some of the Tory excuses, how these companies were already in trouble anyway, bad management looking for excuses pointing the finger at Brexit when they should be grasping all those glorious opportunities.
Will we still have a weak Labour leadership unable to fight this propaganda, how will they react when the facts tell us things are going to get worse.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2020, 05:03:04 pm »
Just on the 'red wall' seats, and the pull they have, thing to keep in mind is that the whole concept of them is that they were places where Labour were significantly overperforming given the make-up of the electorate in those constituencies in comparison to similar ones elsewhere in the country. To win them back, now the cultural aspect of voting Labour is diminished, means addressing the problems which meant Labour struggled all over the country. Brexit may be one strand of doing that but the impact may be a bit boiled frog with the additional problem that the concept of the policy is popular/not seen as wrong by those who voted for it. Eerily similar in some ways to Labour's problems around austerity - not only in failure to oppose effectively initially but then in framing a counterargument which works.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2020, 06:44:51 pm »
Keir Starmer has to win for Labour to have a chance of rebuilding and depriving the Tories of a free run at the next two or three elections.

People are tarring him with the 2nd referendum option within the manifesto and claiming that killed any chance Labour had!

Keir Starmer for me. It is my opinion that had he been Labour leader, Labour would be in power right now. Unfortunately Corbyn just didn't appeal to the wider demographic, irrespective of Brexit.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2020, 07:08:40 pm »
Starmer for me.

If he becomes leader he'll have a competent shadow cabinet and he's the only person that will be able to scrutinise Boris and co. Suspect he will be pretty ruthless at PMQ's and he'll cross examine the buffoon articulately. The number of times the previous regime never held the incompetent government to account was negligent.

He's been quite reserved and I've no doubt he will have Blair in his ear at times although I don't see a huge swing back to nu labour or centre straight away.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2020, 07:16:07 pm »
Still not sure about Starmer's charisma factor, if he does win they will need to create a shadow cabinet that includes all the party, i would maybe have Benn as Foreign minister as he reminds me of a geography teacher minus the patched elbow jacket.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2020, 07:16:19 pm »
I just want the fucking Tories out of power.

If that means being elected on some watered down nonsense then I can accept that.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2020, 08:14:09 pm »
Still not sure about Starmer's charisma factor, if he does win they will need to create a shadow cabinet that includes all the party, i would maybe have Benn as Foreign minister as he reminds me of a geography teacher minus the patched elbow jacket.
It depends what we mean by charisma I guess.  That hideous baboon Johnson is said to have charisma.

In Starmer’s case I think he comes across as honest straightforward and trustworthy...  which might be a great contrast to the bull shot Meister.

Phillips probably isn’t ready for it,  uk she’s got real charisma too (although in some cases this might be off putting for people).  I don’t think I’ve ever seen Nancy speak to be honest, so I can’t comment on her.  As for the other candidate, she’s got the charisma of an undertaker.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2020, 08:34:13 pm »
I just want the fucking Tories out of power.

If that means being elected on some watered down nonsense then I can accept that.
But it is not "watered down nonsense". Politics is - and always should be - the art of the compromise. No minority (or majority) group should get exactly what they seek.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2020, 08:35:57 pm »
It depends what we mean by charisma I guess.  That hideous baboon Johnson is said to have charisma.

In Starmer’s case I think he comes across as honest straightforward and trustworthy...  which might be a great contrast to the bull shot Meister.

Phillips probably isn’t ready for it,  uk she’s got real charisma too (although in some cases this might be off putting for people).  I don’t think I’ve ever seen Nancy speak to be honest, so I can’t comment on her.  As for the other candidate, she’s got the charisma of an undertaker.
do you mean the posh Hattie Jacques lookalike , not sure why she bothered
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2020, 08:36:12 pm »

I think that's an insult to undertakers.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2020, 08:53:33 pm »
I forgot there were two others... both have zero charisma..... (well, to the public as a whole anyway, I’m sure in their own office they’re lovely).
W

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2020, 09:16:09 pm »

Ooooooh matron!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2020, 06:34:53 pm »
Tim Bale's written about what his survey of Labour members shows about who was supporting which candidate and, more intriguingly, some of the reasons 'why'. Obviously, this is still the start of the whole campaign for leader...

https://theconversation.com/labour-leadership-race-survey-shows-momentum-members-arent-unified-behind-rebecca-long-bailey-130000

Thought this was interesting conclusion too.

Judging by the campaign so far, Starmer’s team is doing its very best to stress to Labour members that he also believes in something. This is a wise move. Historically, when picking leaders, parties have taken candidates’ convictions into account but have tended to put more of premium on their perceived ability to unite the party and then on their supposed appeal to voters. Nowadays, when members rather than MPs matter most to the decision a party makes, convictions can really count.