Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2771423 times)

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #43840 on: May 11, 2017, 01:11:14 am »
Bit of an update. Turns out my cousin was offered a contract with the Saints but is still weighing up his options. Bit gutted but he's been about the place. Currently training with the Patriots.

This is the latest if anyone cares to have a look.

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/nesn.com/2017/05/nfl-rumors-australian-ex-rugby-player-earns-tryout-with-patriots/amp/
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 05:55:02 am by SwissV »
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43841 on: June 7, 2017, 02:58:45 pm »
Just under 9 weeks until the start of pre season[Hall Of Fame game], 13 weeks to the start of the regular season, feels like the SB was yesterday.
#Sausages

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43842 on: June 7, 2017, 03:28:24 pm »
Brett Favre talking about Nickel defenses and generally about Xs and Os is always entertaining

https://twitter.com/ZachSDunn/status/872164308880326656

:D
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #43843 on: June 7, 2017, 03:40:31 pm »
13 weeks to the start of the regular season, feels like the SB was years ago.

Yes, yes it does.

4 games for me this year, only 1 of which is in London :D
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #43844 on: June 7, 2017, 04:08:10 pm »
Looks like the Jets are going into full meltdown/rebuild mode this season. 1-15?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #43845 on: June 7, 2017, 08:33:19 pm »
Looks like the Jets are going into full meltdown/rebuild mode this season. 1-15?
With the first pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the New York Jets select Sam Darnold, quarterback, USC.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43846 on: June 12, 2017, 09:58:06 pm »
Love that the Ravens managed to sign Maclin to a 2 year deal. We needed to get either him, Decker or possibly even Boldin. Somehow, we're still considered front runners for Decker too but that's going to take some master cap manipulation from Ozzie to get that done considering we're close to running on empty.

So gutted that Dixon is missing for the first 4 games, I hope West can get the job done until he's back.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #43847 on: June 15, 2017, 07:06:26 pm »

They are a mess and it's great to watch.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 12:20:22 am by LFC_1981 »

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43848 on: July 1, 2017, 09:08:56 pm »
Binge watched season 2 of All of nothing. Not as good as the last one but still really good. At least it was different following a losing team and the Coach getting sacked. Also forgot they went 3-1.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #43849 on: July 1, 2017, 09:11:55 pm »
it's the last non-NFL month of the year.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43850 on: July 1, 2017, 09:28:14 pm »
it's the last non-NFL month of the year.

Amazing how quickly it comes around. I was so burned out this year, now I can't wait.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #43851 on: July 1, 2017, 10:52:55 pm »
Binge watched season 2 of All of nothing. Not as good as the last one but still really good. At least it was different following a losing team and the Coach getting sacked. Also forgot they went 3-1.

I enjoyed reliving the Twickenham game ;D
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43852 on: July 1, 2017, 11:25:34 pm »

Watching that now.

Hopefully Season 3 has a team in I'm actually interested in.

Who could give a shit about the Cardinals? and the Rams are a disaster.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43853 on: July 2, 2017, 01:03:42 am »
Watching that now.

I've been watching a few episodes of the Arizona series. Just finished watching an episode where they face the Bengals and the narrator says: "the Bengals are no joke, they have Super Bowl aspirations of their own." :lmao They can't even win a playoff game nevermind get to the Super Bowl.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43854 on: July 2, 2017, 12:57:20 pm »
I've been watching a few episodes of the Arizona series. Just finished watching an episode where they face the Bengals and the narrator says: "the Bengals are no joke, they have Super Bowl aspirations of their own." :lmao They can't even win a playoff game nevermind get to the Super Bowl.

Can't believe the Bungles haven't fired Marvin Lewis yet, other franchises would have fired him a couple of years ago, so many playoff failures you can now set your calendar by it, his record at winning primetime games is shocking as well.
#Sausages

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #43855 on: July 3, 2017, 09:43:59 am »
He has dirty photos of the owner. It's a well known fact for years now.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43856 on: July 3, 2017, 01:41:59 pm »

Watching that now.

I took a shine to the Cardinals one, I loved it. Wasn't to fussed on the Rams one, probably because they had a Hard Knocks one. Bye bring an NFL fan still enjoyed them.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43857 on: July 3, 2017, 02:51:14 pm »
I took a shine to the Cardinals one, I loved it. Wasn't to fussed on the Rams one, probably because they had a Hard Knocks one. Bye bring an NFL fan still enjoyed them.

I definitely preferred Series 1. The Rams one was just watching a team fail, with a coach who had no idea how to fix the problem.

Now if that had involved a team like the Steelers or Patriots it would be funny, but just felt sad for them.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43858 on: July 3, 2017, 03:08:33 pm »
I liked season 1 but I won't even bother watching season 2. The Rams Hard Knocks series was painful enough I can only imagine that the All or Nothing series was even worse.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43859 on: July 3, 2017, 05:01:49 pm »
Yeah it was probably worst than the Hard Knocks one.

Online slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43860 on: July 3, 2017, 10:44:16 pm »
after the rams being on hard knocks i have no urgency to watch this. if it was a different team i would have already watched them all. Tampa Bay will be good on hard knocks. a real up and coming team.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43861 on: July 4, 2017, 12:37:16 am »
Hopefully their hard knocks end with a game one defeat.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43862 on: July 4, 2017, 02:01:37 pm »
I liked season 1 but I won't even bother watching season 2. The Rams Hard Knocks series was painful enough I can only imagine that the All or Nothing series was even worse.

It was truly embarassing. In the last episode they have a where are they now catch up. Talking to the sacked coaches and dumped players about the season.

They talk like it was a great experience and the time of their lives ....

Don't know if it's an American thing to polish a turd but if I was a Rams fan I would have been reaching for a sick bucket.

They were a disgrace to the shirt, the defeats getting heavier as the season went on. Not even a rally at the end, or a sniff of improvement.

Not sure what the makers were expecting of the season but it was a massive misjudgment on their part. Because of the quality of season 1 I will give the next one a go, but it will be the last if they produce another flop.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #43863 on: July 5, 2017, 03:10:08 am »

Don't know if it's an American thing to polish a turd

Generally, it is
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43864 on: July 25, 2017, 11:07:08 pm »
A few thoughts on our new cornerback Alterraun Verner: I know he was a part-time starter and role player the past 2 years in Tampa Bay. I still expect the fast-rising Xavien Howard to start opposite Byron Maxwell. But Verner is a good veteran presence to push Howard and also has enough starting experience to fill in if there is an injury.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43865 on: July 26, 2017, 12:17:16 am »
It was truly embarassing. In the last episode they have a where are they now catch up. Talking to the sacked coaches and dumped players about the season.

They talk like it was a great experience and the time of their lives ....

Don't know if it's an American thing to polish a turd but if I was a Rams fan I would have been reaching for a sick bucket.

They were a disgrace to the shirt, the defeats getting heavier as the season went on. Not even a rally at the end, or a sniff of improvement.

Not sure what the makers were expecting of the season but it was a massive misjudgment on their part. Because of the quality of season 1 I will give the next one a go, but it will be the last if they produce another flop.

If it wasn't for the Rams moving back to LA they'd have fired the useless Jeff Fisher after the 2015 season was over, as the Rams didn't want the hassle of moving City, as well as looking for a new Head Coach, Fishers comments after games last season were straight out of comical Ali.
#Sausages

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43866 on: July 28, 2017, 10:54:13 am »
We're almost back.  And that means the best preview series for any sport is here

Drew Magary's Why Your Team Sucks from Deadspin - and we naturally enough start with the Browns
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #43867 on: July 28, 2017, 12:37:33 pm »
We're almost back.

This is the last week of the year without NFL (if you count preseason games). Can't wait :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 12:41:00 pm by Midget »

Online slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43868 on: July 28, 2017, 11:13:52 pm »
For me, the excitement for the start of the NFL regular season pisses all over the start of the Premier League. NFL sundays are the highlight of the sporting calendar. 6pm till 5am for 17 sundays, fucking magic. cant wait.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #43869 on: July 28, 2017, 11:23:11 pm »
If it wasn't for the Rams moving back to LA they'd have fired the useless Jeff Fisher after the 2015 season was over, as the Rams didn't want the hassle of moving City, as well as looking for a new Head Coach, Fishers comments after games last season were straight out of comical Ali.
Have only seen the first two episodes. Does Fisher have anything else to say than tedious motivational lines like "You're great guys and a great team"?

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
Re: T :lhe NFL Thread
« Reply #43870 on: July 29, 2017, 02:09:58 am »
Have only seen the first two episodes. Does Fisher have anything else to say than tedious motivational lines like "You're great guys and a great team"?

I question whether anybody has ever been motivated by him. "We're not a 8-8 team, a 7-9 team or even a 10-6 team. I'm working with a double digit win team".  :butt

"This move thing isn't an excuse, this move thing is an advantage." What a load of shit :lmao

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43871 on: July 30, 2017, 09:37:19 am »
We're almost back.  And that means the best preview series for any sport is here

Drew Magary's Why Your Team Sucks from Deadspin - and we naturally enough start with the Browns
This is the series that got me into the NFL. And as a Bears fan, probably my favourite time of the season too.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43872 on: July 30, 2017, 08:57:50 pm »
For me, the excitement for the start of the NFL regular season pisses all over the start of the Premier League. NFL sundays are the highlight of the sporting calendar. 6pm till 5am for 17 sundays, fucking magic. cant wait.

I love on Sundays you have footy from 1-5pm then turn over to watch NFL from 6pm until the early hours Monday.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #43873 on: August 1, 2017, 12:23:33 am »
Rob Ninkovich has called it a day as a New England Patriot. Didnt see this coming, sad to see him go. A phenomenal player for us
YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43874 on: August 2, 2017, 09:23:07 pm »

Reading the Bears article one of the responses from a Bears fan is.

I’m a bad parent because I’ve afflicted my son with my love for this organization that has no interest in putting out a decent fucking team, much less loving me back. For years the kid begged to go to a game and I said no. Why take him to see the Bears get their asses beat in person at well over a $100 per ticket? Last year I kind of relented and took him to a pre-season game against the Broncos because I still didn’t want to pay for regular season ticket for a first grader. Of course the Bears got shut out 22-0. Fuckers couldn’t be bothered to put up a field goal even in 4th string garbage time. We had to stay to the end because my son was desperate to see any scoring by the Bears.

This year, as a reward for some good school work, I told him I’d take him to a regular season game. My friend with season tickets told me the Panthers and 49ers games were available and I told my son to choose. He chose the 49ers cause there is at least a better chance he could see them score once this time. Can’t argue with his logic.

:lmao :lmao
#Sausages

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43875 on: August 3, 2017, 07:09:52 am »
Sounds like an Evertonian.

"Those Packers and their deal with Satan"

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43876 on: August 3, 2017, 05:30:40 pm »
Tannehil went off injured in practice, same left knee doesn't look good for his career now.

Looks like the love/hate with Kaepernick coming to us has just been turned right up.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43877 on: August 3, 2017, 09:02:33 pm »
Tannehil went off injured in practice, same left knee doesn't look good for his career now.

Looks like the love/hate with Kaepernick coming to us has just been turned right up.

Jeez, that`s bad. Time for Matt "The Saviour" Moore?

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43878 on: August 3, 2017, 11:25:30 pm »
He was seen walking again not long after. He seems to be alright now.

Kaepernick's girlfriend isn't the brightest is she? She posted the following on Twitter earlier on...

Any chance he did have of being signed by the Ravens has now vanished. I can only see other interested teams looking at stuff like this - along with all the other drama - and thinking 'fuck that'.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43879 on: August 4, 2017, 06:01:48 am »
Looks like Tannehill will either play injured or be done for the season. No idea why he didn't get his knee fixed after their season ended, but then again it's not like Tannehill is known for good decision making.

I'm excited for the man they call Cutler to take over the mantle.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.