Author Topic: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches  (Read 349361 times)

Re: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches
« Reply #2720 on: April 12, 2011, 01:37:08 pm »
Sell Johnson (always unreliable) and buy Jose Enrique or Vargas. Play next season Kelly and Flanagan on the right or spend money on someone who can play as a wing-back and defend properly. Sell Agger (injury prone and Skrtel at least is more often available) and buy Cahill or Sakho. Sell Aquilani and buy Toivonen or... someone else as a second choice striker (i like Danny Graham). After all these, open the wallet and go for a world class wide player. Someone like Ribery. By the way, I will keep dreaming of Gareth Bale in a Liverpool shirt.
I just wanted to share some thoughts and find out what you guys think. Greetings from Greece.
Pretty shitty first post mate, no too late to re-register and try again

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #2721 on: April 12, 2011, 01:38:19 pm »
So much depends on what Carra's going to do in the next couple of seasons. I hope we'll start to rotate Carragher a bit and not just be an automatic starter to let Kelly get comfortable.... Like you said, that's very unlikely, and who knows? He could be the hoofing Maldini? :P

Ha ha. I can just see the "I can play till i'm 60" headlines in the papers now :P

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgĺrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2722 on: April 12, 2011, 01:40:59 pm »
The big issue like ever will be actually signing any of these players....You can see United being in for Young and Adam and City will be sniffiing around Cahill. I just hope our transfer business is being conducted right now as normally once the window re-opens in the summer most big deals have already been agreed

Im certain we have a long list of potential, top class targets; if we can't get one, we'll get another of equal or similar quality (hypotherical example - if we can't get Young, we'll get Gervinho, or that Dzudzack fella)

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2723 on: April 12, 2011, 01:41:34 pm »
I think being realistic:
Dzsudzsák -----> Jovanovic
Enrique ---------> Konchesky
Cahill ------------> Skrtel 
Adam ------------> Cole
M'Vila ------------> Aquilani 
Young -----------> Maxi
Stekelenberg --> Reina (If he desperately wants to go)

I think that'd do a good job of balancing out the squad without a huge outlay in the transfer market. Perhaps none of them are world class but all certainly add something to the squad. Given contract situations I think we'd have a fair chance of getting them all for under 30m (after player sales).

I'd be delighted if this was how our summer went. Bar the last one if Reina sticks around, and for Dzsudzsák it seems we're looking at a variety of options for that position.

Offline Jason_King

• Legacy Fan
  • Inspector of Wizard's sleeves and yawning donkeys
« Reply #2724 on: April 12, 2011, 01:42:41 pm »
Cant see us getting Cahill.

John Terry isnt going on forever, Alex is a ponderous semi injured carthorse- so I reckon they will be in and able to outspend us.

City- They are sniffing around and can throw daft money at Bolton

Plus he is English, which is important squad wise and adds a few Łm onto the price
A champion is someone who gets up when he can't

« Reply #2725 on: April 12, 2011, 01:43:00 pm »

I think being realistic:

Afellay ----------> Jovanovic
Cahill ------------> Agger
McCarthy ------------>Cole
M'Vila ------------> Poulsen 
Young -----------> Maxi

Sorry bout Agger but would rather have Cahill/Skrtel all season than Cahill/Agger for few games and Cahill/Carra for most games

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:46:21 pm by hugoboss »

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2726 on: April 12, 2011, 01:45:11 pm »
Ha ha. I can just see the "I can play till i'm 60" headlines in the papers now :P

We should start an Istanbul reunion team and sign Shevchenko, Djimi and Riise, whilst bringing Cafu, Maldini, Nesta, Hamann all back from retirement.

Back on topic though, I honestly think that Carra's continued first team status will prevent Liverpool moving on in terms of the style and the quality of football played
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #2727 on: April 12, 2011, 01:46:04 pm »
I think being realistic:
Adam ------------> Cole
Young -----------> Maxi

I think that'd do a good job of balancing out the squad without a huge outlay in the transfer market. Perhaps none of them are world class but all certainly add something to the squad. Given contract situations I think we'd have a fair chance of getting them all for under 30m (after player sales).
Very good list there.And definitely gettable.We'd be 3 fold better.

Offline neel2108

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the king.
« Reply #2728 on: April 12, 2011, 01:46:47 pm »
Reading the stories about City getting a hold of Sanchez, would be absolutely devastating if that happens. Really believe he is going to be on of the best players on the planet very soon. I remember watching him play right wing for Chile, and even though he's played more centrally for Udinese recently, I think he'd be EXACTLY what we need. He's fantastic in the wide area's, and he's very strong in the middle. Him playing the way Kuyt and Suarez did yesterday would be a dream.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrryWFt7SII

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"With one swing of his gifted right boot Steven Gerrard says, Champions League, Knockout Stage, Here we come!!"

Just can't get enough...........

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #2729 on: April 12, 2011, 01:46:56 pm »
Even if we get Afellay,we'd need 2 more wingers.Dzsudzsak and Young fit the bill nicely.

« Reply #2730 on: April 12, 2011, 01:49:42 pm »
Based on how well Flanagan did last night night, I'd love to see us save the money and swerve going for Enrique. I honestly think Robinson would do just a good a job on the left and they should both be given a chance. Kenny spoke of damaging their confidence too soon but Flanagan asked every question asked of him

United and Arsenal have blooded young full backs and in my opinion now would be the time with an old head like Carra still there. I'd honestly give Flanagan a run in the team until Johnson / Kelly were fit and see how he does

Robinson may even get his chance as Aurelio can't usually play a few games on the trot

I don't think they should play all games but I honestly think Flanagan and Robinson would be more than able number 2'/3's already. When you consider we have Johnson, Carra, Aurelio, Wilson and Agger who can also play at left back, I just don't see it as a priority and would prefer the extra 6-8m or whatever it would cost for Enrique to be spunked on a proper attacking talent like Sanchez, Turan etc

I feel the same about a centre half too. We've plenty of talent coming through and I think it would be a waste of money to spend big on a centre half. We've got Kelly, Wilson, Ayala and could even give young Wisdom a chance there if the game permitted

Let's see if they have what it takes to make it - we've wasted too much money on 'squad players'
No doubt he'll end up like Insua, Flanagan did ok but was largely untested. You need to have an experienced player ahead of the youngsters.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #2731 on: April 12, 2011, 01:50:59 pm »

Back on topic though, I honestly think that Carra's continued first team status will prevent Liverpool moving on in terms of the style and the quality of football played

True, although i did notice he hoofed it far less last night and kept it simple, either giving the ball to Lucas or passing it along the back line when there were no other options. I think the problems start when he finds himself playing at RB and feels he has to hit long balls forward for our attackers to run onto because ha can't take players on and go past them and when he is playing CB and there are no real full backs/wing backs playing.

« Reply #2732 on: April 12, 2011, 01:51:03 pm »
Flanagan and Robinson, although both very talented should only be a 3rd choice RB/LB at the moment imo. Its about strength in depth and with Konchesky leaving and Aurelio permanently injured, we need a first choice LB to come in. Aurelio can be 2nd/3rd choice in a rotation system with Robinson and whoever the new LB is.  We may even buy another left back, maybe someone like Vargas who has that bit of versatility
Yeah, for me Kelly, Johnson, Enrique, Flanagan and Robinson can cover the fullback positions well enough

« Reply #2733 on: April 12, 2011, 01:54:59 pm »
Much rather keep Agger, and limit him to 1 game a week, then keep Sktrel.

Sktrel is a liability.
Nah make, Skrtel plays well alongside good players. Agger does his with more style and that's why we all love him but can we really afford to have a player who is unavailable so much? It doesn't matter how many games he plays, his injuries are mostly impact injuries not like hamstrings or groins

Offline a glass of wine Sir?

• Kopite
  • NESV..."thank you" x
« Reply #2734 on: April 12, 2011, 01:57:05 pm »
True, although i did notice he hoofed it far less last night and kept it simple, either giving the ball to Lucas or passing it along the back line when there were no other options. I think the problems start when he finds himself playing at RB and feels he has to hit long balls forward for our attackers to run onto because ha can't take players on and go past them and when he is playing CB and there are no real full backs/wing backs playing.

my thoughts exactly, at cb he has both full backs and a cm to give him an outlet. at full back, as he is genuinly more advanced, his outlets tend to be reduced and doesn't trust his ability to carry the ball forward, hence the long balls up to Carroll
Take us back to the champions league....

http://twitter.com/#!/TimGale031181

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgĺrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2735 on: April 12, 2011, 01:58:10 pm »
Seems to be, but is sportingo a bad source, because it is linking us to Hummels for 9 mil

« Reply #2736 on: April 12, 2011, 01:59:01 pm »
Even if we get Afellay,we'd need 2 more wingers.Dzsudzsak and Young fit the bill nicely.
If we do sign 3 wingers one of them will be free. Also feel Kenny likes using mobile CMs in wide positions so I think Kuyt and Meireles might alternate on the right next season

Offline Baz Smythe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2737 on: April 12, 2011, 01:59:17 pm »
I think being realistic:
Adam ------------> Cole
Young -----------> Maxi

That would be an amazing summer except from the Reina one obviously.

I'd prob keep Skrtel too and swap that one for Soto
Follow me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/1chrissmith1

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2738 on: April 12, 2011, 02:09:00 pm »
If we could sign only three players this summer mine would be Enrique, Sanchez and Young.

Now I would have said a CB was a priority but if we move Kelly to that position and promote Flannagan as Johnson's back-up that would leave us with;

Kelly
Agger
Skrtel
Carragher
Wilson

at CB (presuming we sell Kyrgiakos). That's not too bad if Kelly could stay injury free.

Left back is obviously a priority and Insua should be brought back IMO, but only as cover for Enrique. I'd keep hold of Aurelio just because when he is fit he can produce performances like last night. I'd bring back Aquilani and have Gerrard playing on the right or in the hole more often.

My 25 man squad would look like this:

Reina
Jones
Gulacsi
Johnson
Flannagan
Agger
Skrtel
Kelly
Carragher
Wilson
Enrique*
Aurelio
Insua
Gerrard
Sanchez*
Lucas
Aquilani
Meireles
Shelvey
Young*
Pacheco
Carroll
Suarez
Kuyt
Ngog

Three new signings but with the addition of Aquilani and Insua it would feel more like 5, without the outlay or bedding in periods that often come with new signings. This would also be a very adaptable squad with the likes of Kelly, Agger, Wilson, Carragher, Aurelio, Gerrard, Sanchez, Young, Aquilani, Meireles, Pacheco, Kuyt and Suarez all able to interchange poisitions quite freely.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #2739 on: April 12, 2011, 02:12:01 pm »
I think this summer we'll sign Adam, Young, Enrique and maybe a CB. I'd much rather we get Baines obviously but it's looking more nailed on that it's Jose.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #2740 on: April 12, 2011, 02:14:31 pm »
Sell Johnson (always unreliable)
:o
Not the best first post I've seen.

• Kopite
  • NESV..."thank you" x
« Reply #2741 on: April 12, 2011, 02:24:05 pm »
If we could sign only three players this summer mine would be Enrique, Sanchez and Young.

Now I would have said a CB was a priority but if we move Kelly to that position and promote Flannagan as Johnson's back-up that would leave us with;

Kelly
Agger
Skrtel
Carragher
Wilson

at CB (presuming we sell Kyrgiakos). That's not too bad if Kelly could stay injury free.

Left back is obviously a priority and Insua should be brought back IMO, but only as cover for Enrique. I'd keep hold of Aurelio just because when he is fit he can produce performances like last night. I'd bring back Aquilani and have Gerrard playing on the right or in the hole more often.

Reina
Jones
Gulacsi
Johnson
Flannagan
Agger
Skrtel
Kelly
Carragher
Wilson
Enrique*
Aurelio
Insua
Gerrard
Sanchez*
Lucas
Aquilani
Meireles
Shelvey
Young*
Pacheco
Carroll
Suarez
Kuyt
Ngog

Three new signings but with the addition of Aquilani and Insua it would feel more like 5, without the outlay or bedding in periods that often come with new signings. This would also be a very adaptable squad with the likes of Kelly, Agger, Wilson, Carragher, Aurelio, Gerrard, Sanchez, Young, Aquilani, Meireles, Pacheco, Kuyt and Suarez all able to interchange poisitions quite freely.

I'd look to move Ngog on aswell, even if it is out on loan. Try and get another player in, a Hernandez like player, or if not, Suarez, Kuyt and of course Carroll can all do the job up top

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #2742 on: April 12, 2011, 02:26:03 pm »

Kelly
Agger
Skrtel
Carragher
Wilson

Reina
Jones
Gulacsi
Johnson
Flannagan
Agger
Skrtel
Kelly
Carragher
Wilson
Enrique*
Aurelio
Insua
Gerrard
Sanchez*
Lucas
Aquilani
Meireles
Shelvey
Young*
Pacheco
Carroll
Suarez
Kuyt
Ngog

That's a nice looking squad, esp with the names (and wages) removed. Be a big sell to get Sanchez I fear, I expect him to be the top of most teams list come the summer.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #2743 on: April 12, 2011, 02:31:19 pm »
:o
Not the best first post I've seen.
Why is it such a bad suggestion? Kelly is clearly a massive improvement on johnson and should keep him out of the side when fit. The way flannagan played last night I'm not sure he won't be better than johnson in the future
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2744 on: April 12, 2011, 02:31:30 pm »
Exactly ... Douchez is a very solid keeper, but nowhere near the level of Reina ... If the report is true, it probably means that we are selling Jones, and Gulasci is to be loaned ...
Reina stay.
Gulacsi on loan.
Douchez #2 until Gulacsi is ready.

Good plan. :)

*No I haven't seen him play but the same plan with any similarly experienced, good, cheap keeper would do.
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2745 on: April 12, 2011, 02:32:01 pm »
Pretty shitty first post mate, no too late to re-register and try again
;D
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2746 on: April 12, 2011, 02:32:34 pm »
Think we should put in a cheeky bid for Adam Johnson during the summer. Still think he is class.

Offline rastaferio

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2747 on: April 12, 2011, 02:37:09 pm »
Bojan is out for 6-8 weeks with a posterior cruciate ligament tear, and it's rumoured that Barca are looking to sign Giuseppe Rossi. Might be worth a punt.

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2748 on: April 12, 2011, 02:38:34 pm »
Why is it such a bad suggestion? Kelly is clearly a massive improvement on johnson and should keep him out of the side when fit. The way flannagan played last night I'm not sure he won't be better than johnson in the future
Amazes me how under appreciated Johnson is!

Stop listening to the Sky/England pundits who say Johnson can't defend and actually watch a game!

His defending has never been his strength obviously but it wasn't as bad as some people will have you believe. Since Kenny/Clarke came in, his defending has been near flawless!!!

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2749 on: April 12, 2011, 02:38:42 pm »
pretty knee jerk reaction considering flannagan has only played one 1st team game. The worst that could happen is a insua type of moment aka thrown in to the deep end because of lack of depth  and then all the fans get on his back for not playing so well.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2750 on: April 12, 2011, 02:38:55 pm »
Think we should put in a cheeky bid for Adam Johnson during the summer. Still think he is class.

Would be good, but no real imperative for it to happen. Perhaps a cheeky bid for Balotelli then?
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2751 on: April 12, 2011, 02:40:01 pm »
If City get Sanchez, he'd probably be available at a good price too!

How are City doing for their home grown quota?

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2752 on: April 12, 2011, 02:40:01 pm »

love his game...would suit us perfectly...cutting in and going for goal.brilliant player
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2753 on: April 12, 2011, 02:40:51 pm »
Would be good, but no real imperative for it to happen. Perhaps a cheeky bid for Balotelli then?

Causes more problems than he's worth. Dunno if I like playing with 10 men every game.
No real imperative for Johnson.How so? We need people who can run down the wing and whip balls into the box for Carroll to head home.

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2754 on: April 12, 2011, 02:41:53 pm »
Balotelli!!!??? Did you not watch last night?

Makes Ronaldo look like a team player!

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #2755 on: April 12, 2011, 02:42:30 pm »
Agree completely with this
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

• Kopite
  • NESV..."thank you" x
« Reply #2756 on: April 12, 2011, 02:45:38 pm »

I'd rather lick my own arsehole

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2758 on: April 12, 2011, 02:47:10 pm »
Causes more problems than he's worth. Dunno if I like playing with 10 men every game.
No real imperative for Johnson.How so? We need people who can run down the wing and whip balls into the box for Carroll to head home.

to be fair he hardly does this for city.if you want him as an out and out winger hell have to play left.i was thinking more in the line of suarez and him playing off carroll and the wingbacks providing width.
man c wont let him near us though
The West is finished, China is the future

« Reply #2759 on: April 12, 2011, 02:51:18 pm »
And in the mean time have only Kelly and Flanagan as our RBs? Flanagan looks a good prospect but he just played one game when he was largely untested, people need to get real