Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2787903 times)

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
Spot on that mate :thumbup

Even when we and then utd dominated the league teams would give us a challenge and a scare regularly.
It was never a foregone conclusion with almost 100 points and a procession nearly every year.
Chelsea started the rot but now even they can no longer match City's level of cheating with the fake sponsorships, off the books payment, buying up the media and applying political pressure at all levels.
Allowing rotten oil states to own our football clubs will simply kill the game.

Offline calvin

• Anny Roader
Man City 2020-21 finances - revenue up 19% to £569.8 million. Profit £2.4 million

From Rob Harris. Making a profit in the middle of a pandemic with no fans in stadiums. Of course. Nothing to see here..

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Man City 2020-21 finances - revenue up 19% to £569.8 million. Profit £2.4 million

From Rob Harris. Making a profit in the middle of a pandemic with no fans in stadiums. Of course. Nothing to see here..

Very logical!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Unbelievable fucking cheats.

Not even self reliant, the only part of their turnover that is not self reliant is the TV revenues and the reason they get that high a TV revenue is the two other streams of commercial and  matchday  is so reliant on their owners boosting by owner linked self inflated commercial deals and the Abu Dhabi state wiring money so it looks like they are maximising match day revenues that push them high up the PL and qualify for the CL.

Fake AF turnover, laughable.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
I'm a professional accountant and I don't normally bother about the financial statements of clubs. There is absolutely no way these should turn a profit last season in "normal circustances".

They pay big wages and spent big money last season and their matchday revenue was insignificant because games were being played behind closed doors. However, common sense doesn't seemingly apply to these oil clubs because it's dodgy and should ordinarily alert regulators.

I'll give their account a read and revert.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
At least they saved football though.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

3key sponsorship kicked in?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
3key sponsorship kicked in?

I think a couple of new totallydefintely100%notAbuDhabibacked deals were signed. and the huge global fanbase probably bought merch to help support a struggling team.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
I've gone through it. It's mainly due to an increase in their tv revenue by about £100m and them making £30m more profit on player sales. The tv revenue is fair because it would been thoroughly audited and I think the EPL forfeited part of it during project restart. They also reached the Champions League final.

Did they sell anyone last season?

Their commercial recenue increased by around £30m ;D

« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 05:54:08 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've gone through it. It's mainly due to an increase in their tv revenue by about £100m and them making £30m more profit on player sales. The tv revenue is fair because it would been thoroughly audited and I think the EPL forfeited part of it during project restart. They also reached the Champions League final.

Did they sell anyone last season?

Their commercial recenue increased by around £30m ;D

Transfers here:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-city/transfers/verein/281

« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 06:04:29 pm by red1977 »

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan

Offline taylorb1991

• Main Stander

This is getting ridiculous. What's going on with the Premier League investigation into these cheats??? The judge ruling it's a matter of public concern and yet we've heard nothing since last summer

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan

This is getting ridiculous. What's going on with the Premier League investigation into these cheats??? The judge ruling it's a matter of public concern and yet we've heard nothing since last summer
The profit on the players they sold helped but they don't normally sell that well. Their accounts are fair.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
The profit on the players they sold helped but they don't normally sell that well. Their accounts are fair.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
It doesn’t really matter if their accounts are fair at the moment. They cheated to get where they are so will always be considered cheats.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan

That's a relief,I thought for a second there might be something a little underhand going on with this lot.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 08:25:59 am by Slippers »

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
Is that Xavi the pep fan boy?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

The numbers on the screen might add up, but that doesn't mean the accounts are fair. They've been cooking the books for a decade
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
The numbers on the screen might add up, but that doesn't mean the accounts are fair. They've been cooking the books for a decade
It's easier for the cheats to appear "sustainable" after years of cheating. Losses have actually wiped out around half of their capital.

Chelsea, for example, have 300 players out on loan and a good youth set up. This means that they can always spend big by selling a few youngsters because sales carry more weight than signings.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 10:44:49 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan

Correct. Still can't fathom why so many of the footballing world, and especially reds, take these things at face value, when it's literally been proven legally that these are cheats. Their creative accounting is still absolutely off the scale. Whether that's paying their players/manager a good chunk of wages off the books or signing ridiculous sponsorship deals with related companies or selling a bunch of players no one has heard of for £60m, they're at this shit all the time. Stop fucking excusing them for fucks sake. They and their ilk are the worst thing that's happened to football.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
And Lance Armstrong's victories are all legit as he still rode that bike.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
Part of the enjoyment of football, a big part, is the uncertainty. When you know your club is going to spend hundreds of millions every year and are virtually guaranteed success because you have such an unfair playing field, due to being owned by a despotic state whilst all the other clubs are properly owned and run, it absolutely would be joyless. Unlimited state funds eradicate risk. Yes some fans will love it for a while as they’ve not really had success before, but at what point does this guaranteed success begin to eat away at your enjoyment?
Football needs to be erratic at times, there needs to be an element of risk , in transfers, in the actual game . Without this it becomes dull and joyless. Using Man City as an example, this risk free approach is even evident in their play. It is dull and joyless. When Utd were winning I would always watch their games and obviously root for the opposition but you knew it would likely be a good game. I just can’t sit through a full Man City game, watching them make a hundred passes then cut it back for someone to shoot. It is dull and joyless.
I’m one of the fans on here that call out our owners due to lack of investment but I would still rather have what we do than be guaranteed to spend hundreds of millions every year and buy success. It would bore the fuck out of me.

Spot on. There's no way it can possibly mean that much to them anymore. I mean, I'm sure winning the title in 2012 was great for their fans, especially with the way it happened and getting to steal it from under their city rivals' noses. But there's absolutely no chance most of their fanbase (the ones who aren't thick children at least) aren't aware on some level of how meaningless it all is now. Its like completing the video game on cheat mode - yeah it was fun to see the whole thing and get to watch the end sequence (showing my 'legacy fan' age there), but it's empty and you don't feel like there's any meaning in doing it again and again. Deep down the vast majority of City fans know that they've earned nothing and that without the cheat codes they'd be absolutely nowhere. It's why they're one of the most prickly and defensive fanbases going now.

It's why I hope we never go down the same road of having oligarch or nation state ownership. Even if it meant we could compete on a level playing field with the likes of City, ultimately it would render everything that happens just that bit less meaningful. 'This Means More' is a bullshit slogan, but it genuinely does mean far more when you win the big prizes the right way, especially when you've beaten cheats to do it. I'll take not winning if I can feel that we're at least a real club, instead of a gaudy, undignified propaganda vehicle for horrendous people.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 11:16:23 pm by decosabute »

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan

Sorry, but that's laughable. Wake up for fucks sake.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Sorry, but that's laughable. Wake up for fucks sake.
I went through it because I doubted how they turned a small profit but saw fair reasons why. That is after taking all bias out of it and analysing it professionally. With the way they operate, they'd have still made a loss in most years. It's the unusual profit on sales that made them turn a small profit.

As far paying off the books is concerned, it's a possibility that obviously won't be reflected in their accounts. They are still  cheats anyway.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 11:28:48 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Details were not given about their commercial revenue which is an area where they have manipulated things in the past as proved by the articles in Der Spiegel. That area is dodgy as earlier pointed out.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 11:29:39 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
Details where not given about their commercial revenue which is an area where they have manipulated things in the past as proved by the articles in Der Spiegel. That area is dodgy as earlier pointed out.

As is expenditure, particularly wages which do not all go through this companies P&L.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
As is expenditure, particularly wages which do not all go through this companies P&L.
You are correct. If it's proven, that's fraud.

Can you send me a link?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 11:37:46 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You are correct. If it's proven, that's fraud.

Can you send me a link?

You seem very defensive of them
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
You seem very defensive of them
You can check my earlier posts in this thread.  I don't like going through club accounts because it puts me in work mode where all sentiments are put aside.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
I went through it because I doubted how they turned a small profit but saw fair reasons why. That is after taking all bias out of it and analysing it professionally. With the way they operate, they'd have still made a loss in most years. It's the unusual profit on sales that made them turn a small profit.

As far paying off the books is concerned, it's a possibility that obviously won't be reflected in their accounts. They are still  cheats anyway.

you can't analise Abu Dhabi’s accounts professionally, all the real accounts aren't for public consumption.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Are we talking about the profit or the prophet, I get confused...  The Prophet might be fair.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
You can check my earlier posts in this thread.  I don't like going through club accounts because it puts me in work mode where all sentiments are put aside.

Here in UAE there is no statutory requirement to file accounts like in the UK.

As proven with the Mancini double salary incident, I can imagine Peps contract talks went as so

Pep: I want 300k per week please
Sheikh: Can't do that into your English account, how about you set up a bank account here in UAE. We can pay you 200k through the books and a 'consultancy fee' of 100k a week into your UAE account if you show my nephew how to dribble round some cones

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
Everything about them is a sham.  The sponsorship deals are a joke, all over inflated deals with companies that their owners have a hand in, the wages are paid off the books and their match day revenue is the biggest piss take of the lot as they post full houses every game when you can clearly see there are thousands upon thousands of empty seats.  They don’t call it the Emptyhad for nothing.  They are a fuckin joke of a football club, end of.   

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Here in UAE there is no statutory requirement to file accounts like in the UK.

As proven with the Mancini double salary incident, I can imagine Peps contract talks went as so

Pep: I want 300k per week please
Sheikh: Can't do that into your English account, how about you set up a bank account here in UAE. We can pay you 200k through the books and a 'consultancy fee' of 100k a week into your UAE account if you show my nephew how to dribble round some cones
Really?
 :shocked

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Their accounts are definitely fair when you put inflated sponsorships, off the book payments and dodgy transfer dealings to one side. 
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
So in the past week, this lot have signed a dodgy self sponsorship deal, their player accused of seven counts of rape has been released on bail and the club won a case against eight former players abused by a City scout but all we hear about is our covid false positives.
Despite all that you mentioned, they are still going on about our game being postponed because of these false positive tests like it is the worst thing that has ever happened in football.
Absolute bellends the lot of them.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
See their official Twitter account posting that they're now the 4th most valuable brand in world football? Made me laugh out loud, I have to say. The sport it is a-washing.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
See their official Twitter account posting that they're now the 4th most valuable brand in world football? Made me laugh out loud, I have to say. The sport it is a-washing.
How do they define ‘valuable’? Value to companies linked to the country that owns them or proper market value to companies that have no links to the country that owns them?

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

But they spent more on bringing players in than they made on players sold in 2021, no?. The Grealish fee alone was more than they brought in. Where has the profit on player transfers come from? Is there a simple explanation? Or even a source? was it Loan fees? Undisclosed fees?. Can’t see how they have done it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 09:18:25 am by red1977 »

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How do they define ‘valuable’? Value to companies linked to the country that owns them or proper market value to companies that have no links to the country that owns them?

I think it means they have been “given” the most money, when you balance that against the actual size of the club (or lack of) they come out fourth. Take away the handouts and they are more like 44th most valuable.