Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2787750 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
That sponsorship deal seems legit.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Ha, that's a joke.  Would love to see how much they're giving City.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
We are good enough to be at least closer. We threw points away at Brenford, against Brighton, at Leicester, against Chelsea(2x) and could have held on against them.

What you're saying is we are good enough in isolated games to end the season with a perfect record.

Which are we, in one off games.  But these aren't one off games, these form part of a season with a million different influences giving context.  City have so much in reserve that they can ride out the majority of problems without noticing.

They are causing teams to need to be perfect to stand a chance.
Dropping points in 5-6 games a season shouldn't be enough to derail a season, but it is.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
They aren't even hiding it.

Another sponsorship deal, with a hotel who shock horror happened to be owned by their owners

Gonna need a link to your ownership info as all I can find is it’s owned by a Hong Kong investment group that belongs to the Jardine Matheson group.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Gonna need a link to your ownership info as all I can find is it’s owned by a Hong Kong investment group that belongs to the Jardine Matheson group.

Owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirates_Palace

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
As John Henry once said about their sponsor deals: "I'd like to see the highest losing bid".
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
I do hope we get them in the CL at some point this season. I think our players, management and fans would prove who is England’s best football club.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
I'd like to see some kind of debate as to how to control this shit as it's going to get worse.

Nobody seems to be able to prevent the ridiculous sponsorship deals.........I'm kinda amazed that they don't have a toilet roll sponsor for the stadium.

A start would be to limit the spend on transfers to only come from TV, shirts and match-day. Ok drop the shirt idea as they would just sell $1Bn to one person for a customised shirt. Limit everything to a reasonable amount (so they cannot sell a box in the stadium for £100M or whatever).

Only allow sponsorship money to be spent on ground development etc. Ensure that all revenue, wages, bonuses etc are declared.

Yes it will be an uphill struggle but bring in certain rules that will prevent pumping money in that doesn't reflect incoming revenue from fair sources.

If not then we all may as well just sell the club to a similar owner and stick our heads in the sand.

It's "only" a game and the ruling bodies can decide on the rules. It's not up to City's lawyers to decide what rules they play to.

Get a grip on this or the game has completely gone.
#JFT97

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
I'd like to see some kind of debate as to how to control this shit as it's going to get worse.

The authorities in power don't seem to want to control it.  And, if they tried, you can bet that there would be massive lawsuits. 

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
I do hope we get them in the CL at some point this season. I think our players, management and fans would prove who is England’s best football club.

They'd be favourites. Like they are every year for the CL.

They'll bottle it. Like they do every year.  ;D

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
The authorities in power don't seem to want to control it.  And, if they tried, you can bet that there would be massive lawsuits.

The more money pumped into the league the better for them. It’s like FIFA desperate for an extra World Cup every two years, more sponsors and more money in their back pockets.

It’s a massive gravy train right now and anyone working in the game is loving life. Fairness of competition and sporting integrity comes way down the list.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
They tried but FFP spectacularly failed.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Its almost like we need a breakaway league that excludes Abu Dhabim Chelsea and the Saudis.......................

They tried but FFP spectacularly failed.

They didn't really try and being UEFA and the amount of brown envelopes passed about, I doubt they cared.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Its almost like we need a breakaway league that excludes Abu Dhabim Chelsea and the Saudis.......................

They didn't really try and being UEFA and the amount of brown envelopes passed about, I doubt they cared.
They charged them twice and banned them for 2 years with the case being settled at the CAS.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan

To be fair, UEFA had found them in breach of FFP and banned them. It was CAS, a supposedly independent tribunal that has nothing to do with UEFA, who let them get away with it.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
They charged them twice and banned them for 2 years with the case being settled at the CAS.

And they were let off on a technicality
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
And they were let off on a technicality
Not by UEFA though.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1478321398611337226?t=opsVVzylygyuARnH0p8DNQ&s=19
Ha, comparing themselves to Bayern Munich now. They wish they were even half the club Bayern are. I wish they would realise that no-one sees them as a big club, even their red neighbours cheer them on against us.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
FFP was a key and very valid consideration in FSG's strategy when they took over. Where do they go from here?

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1478321398611337226?t=opsVVzylygyuARnH0p8DNQ&s=19

Not really. The second scenario is a hypothetical situation in which someone would be using a club with six European Cups as a stepping stone to join a club with 0, which is clearly daft.

The first scenario is an actual example of someone using a club with 0 European cups as a stepping stone to joining one with five, which isn’t daft at all. So…

Offline StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
To be fair, UEFA had found them in breach of FFP and banned them. It was CAS, a supposedly independent tribunal that has nothing to do with UEFA, who let them get away with it.

SUPPOSEDLY being the key word here... Look into it...

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Speaking of sponsirships I wonder what Etisalat are gaining from their sponsorship of City.  They have 100% coverage in UAE so won't gain any more customers there from beingf associated with a PL club and the only other countries that the name Etisalat is used in are Egypt and Afghanistan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etisalat
Believer

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
That sponsorship deal seems legit.
Certainly not a related party.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
SUPPOSEDLY being the key word here... Look into it...

CAS have always been very easily persuaded, I remember the Oscar Pistorious documentary with the part when they won the appeal with CAS. They didn’t have much hope with the evidence and the opposition lawyers were shocked when CAS gave the decision to Pistorious, citing how Oscars lawyer was all guns blazing, shouting and being dramatic with lots of emotional stories about Oscars childhood finished by lobbing a fake leg on the table. He happened to be the best salesman on the day, facts get a back seat to that with these guys.

They’ve always been a joke and know to be very easily swayed by any lawyer who is decent enough at their job. Regardless of the fact City in their case also had the deck already stacked in their favour.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain

No they don't appear to really want to try and that makes it look so suspicious. The governing bodies that run a game can do whatever they want within reason (they cannot discriminate on race etc). There's nothing that anyone could do if the EPL changed their rules as long as they are fair and do not discriminate. For example they can change the number of teams in the EPL and they certainly can change the financial rules. In the past they didn't need to worry too much about financial rules as anyone running a club was trying to do it fairly.........now it just seems to be a toy for the ultra rich.

I think things are being done to try to make it fair and you'll see Newcastle and City voting against everything that is proposed.

Both Newcastle and City will claim it's anti-competitive which is a total irony. They will throw money at the issue and threaten the governing bodies but there's nothing they can do if the rule changes are fair and affect every club.

However the underlying issue is that the mega rich can take their money elsewhere and this is probably why we haven't seen things moving faster. The EPL brand needs rich owners who can bring in top players and thus make the brand more watchable worldwide. There's nothing to stop the FA changing the rules to clamp the spend per team at 150% above the average or whatever........it's a sport and the rules can be whatever the governing bodies decide.

We, the fans, want a competitive league. However the people who run the league are probably more interested in maximising the financial returns and that then leads to them turning a blind eye to what is going on. You can be sure that the new owners of Newcastle are pretty confident that they can spend their way up the league and to compete with City.
#JFT97

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

They got off on a technicality because UEFA's rules meant it was outside the period, a period set bu UEFA wasn't it?.Now, that is either incompetence, or its a bit of smoke and mirrors, ban them knowing they will get off.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
https://twitter.com/mancity/status/1478306042513694725?s=21

Manchester City welcomes Emirates Palace as Official Luxury Hotel Partner 🤝

Must be the only Hotel in the world that gets thro a 2 year pandemic delivering profits big enough to throw huge sponsorship deals out.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Must be the only Hotel in the world that gets thro a 2 year pandemic delivering profits big enough to throw huge sponsorship deals out.
Just like Etihad Airlines that has been haemorrhaging money for the last 8 years losing £2-£3 billion a year but up until 2019 they were paying Man City £140 million a year reported at the CAS hearing.

It seems Man City are immune to Covid on and off the pitch. ::)
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Has a figure for how much they are sponsoring been stated?.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

how much are man city's losses this year?

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
I suppose it depends on the cost of the Haaland deal

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
These fuckers really compared themselves to 6x European Champions Bayern Munich.  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Considering it cost £3 billion to build and the top room is £13k per night, don't be shocked when its £300 million over 5 years or such

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
Luke Shaw is the most underpaid player on that list. Can't afford enough food in a good chippy...

I'm not surprised he's underpaid. I'm surprised that Man City are paying him in the first place.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
I'm not surprised he's underpaid. I'm surprised that Man City are paying him in the first place.
Fuck, quoted in the wrong thread...   :lmao
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Are you though? They pay for all sort of weird things.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
City fans crying about us asking for a re-arranged semi final.

If only the EFL had thought about the possible need to postpone a game last season
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/carabao-cup-man-utd-city-23230860.amp?s=09

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
City fans crying about us asking for a re-arranged semi final.

If only the EFL had thought about the possible need to postpone a game last season
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/carabao-cup-man-utd-city-23230860.amp?s=09

:lmao the absolute plastic and pathetic supporter base that is Sportswash FC The Original.