Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1922529 times)

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Newcastle United thread - Benitezless
« Reply #14200 on: July 18, 2019, 10:41:48 am »
I am guessing that FatHead will sign 2-3 ManU/Everton/Sunderland rejects, and there will be at least one who is a former United and Everton, or Everton and Sunderland player.

Welbeck is available on a free. He was loaned to Sunderland by United, so he probably counts.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14201 on: July 18, 2019, 10:50:05 am »
I can`t see being constantly reminded that he shagged his daughters best mate while his wife was dying with cancer could amuse anyone?

He's clearly not arsed about it either though is he?  If he wasn't he wouldn't resort to such attention seeking trolling because he knows it will be the first thing thrown at him in response.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14202 on: July 18, 2019, 03:16:49 pm »
He'll be making eyes at Woodward in a few weeks when United finally sack Solsjkaer off.  He'll probably resign again claiming his head's not right. (Which it isn't, obviously!)

Oh god imagine 😂

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: NUFC - Commence Operation Destroy & Exit!
« Reply #14203 on: July 18, 2019, 03:20:38 pm »
Welbeck is available on a free. He was loaned to Sunderland by United, so he probably counts.

Lee Cattermole was released by Sunderland. A perfect Bruce replacement for Longstaff when he's sold for a bunch of magic beans.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14204 on: July 18, 2019, 03:33:17 pm »
I can`t see being constantly reminded that he shagged his daughters best mate while his wife was dying with cancer could amuse anyone?
It's that he gets people wound up enough to do that that amuses him. He's probably had that said to him literally thousands of times on Twitter and it doesn't make him change his behaviour so clearly doesn't bother him or else he'd stop trying to wind everyone up. People are free to do what they want but hurling insults at a troll who thrives on it just seems a waste of time, personally.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #14205 on: July 18, 2019, 03:33:20 pm »
He's clearly not arsed about it either though is he?  If he wasn't he wouldn't resort to such attention seeking trolling because he knows it will be the first thing thrown at him in response.

I think he rather enjoys the abuse since it is some kind of attention, which is more than what he gets now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14206 on: July 18, 2019, 03:40:16 pm »
Lee Cattermole was released by Sunderland. A perfect Bruce replacement for Longstaff when he's sold for a bunch of magic beans.

I hate that tucked in shirt wearing short arse tart

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14207 on: July 18, 2019, 03:51:25 pm »
It's that he gets people wound up enough to do that that amuses him. He's probably had that said to him literally thousands of times on Twitter and it doesn't make him change his behaviour so clearly doesn't bother him or else he'd stop trying to wind everyone up. People are free to do what they want but hurling insults at a troll who thrives on it just seems a waste of time, personally.
You're missing the point; the joy isn't in 'getting' at him; I doubt he even reads the responses now, the fun is in the hilarious and creative responses that people come out with, and the sheer unceasing shared relentlessness of it.

We are a broken and divided nation, and a splintered world, with further dispiriting evidence of our mass estrangement and fractured, solipsistic alienation bombarding our minds every day. But at least we have one thing we all share: at least we know, and can be reminded regularly, that we as a human race all agree that Keyes is an irredeemable unglabrous fuckheaded gimp of the worst, most slimy, most despicable kind.

It's kind of beautiful in its way, and maybe healing...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 09:05:51 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #14208 on: July 18, 2019, 04:09:48 pm »
That.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14209 on: July 18, 2019, 08:11:54 pm »
"Steve Bruce 'was the 11th choice' for the Newcastle job and not even on their original shortlist"

Surprised he wasn't the 111th choice.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14210 on: July 18, 2019, 08:55:00 pm »
"Steve Bruce 'was the 11th choice' for the Newcastle job and not even on their original shortlist"

Surprised he wasn't the 111th choice.

Well you only have to look at who turned them down.  Basically they hired a mercenary with no loyalty and no fucks given about their own, non existent managerial reputation.  Somebody who wont care how they're treated.  Reckon at this point even Hodgson would have more self respect than to consider the Toon.

Popcorn's Art

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14211 on: July 18, 2019, 09:30:26 pm »
Well you only have to look at who turned them down.  Basically they hired a mercenary with no loyalty and no fucks given about their own, non existent managerial reputation.  Somebody who wont care how they're treated.  Reckon at this point even Hodgson would have more self respect than to consider the Toon.
I won't be surprised if he starts terrible with them and gone by end of 2019.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14212 on: July 18, 2019, 09:32:32 pm »
I won't be surprised if he starts terrible with them and gone by end of 2019.

I wouldn't be surprised either.  But equally I wouldn't be surprise if he starts terrible and stays.  Ashley hasn't hired Bruce to keep them in the Premier League.  He's hired him because he was the first (only?) guy who said yes, and it was better to go into the season with somebody rather than nobody.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #14213 on: July 18, 2019, 10:38:32 pm »
He`s one weird c*nt if he can handle that thrown at him multiple times a day and still finish the day with a smile on his face!

Fuck me when you think about it, he shagged his daughters best mate which destroyed his marriage to his dying wife and he still engages in winding up the masses for laughs in the knowledge his ultimate betrayal will be brought up time and again. What a fucking crank  :o

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14214 on: July 18, 2019, 11:02:00 pm »
He`s one weird c*nt if he can handle that thrown at him multiple times a day and still finish the day with a smile on his face!

Fuck me when you think about it, he shagged his daughters best mate which destroyed his marriage to his dying wife and he still engages in winding up the masses for laughs in the knowledge his ultimate betrayal will be brought up time and again. What a fucking crank  :o

When you put it like that, he's quite capable of smiling.  Weirdo.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14215 on: July 18, 2019, 11:54:24 pm »
Wish the odds were better on them getting relegated.  Almost a cinch and the markets already reflect that.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14216 on: July 23, 2019, 06:07:38 pm »
Joelinton. £40M.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14217 on: July 23, 2019, 06:26:51 pm »
I feel almost worried for Joelinton going there with that pricetag  ;D  It's obviously is a signing that has sod all to do with Bruce, but now he's going to be getting coached by that dinosaur.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #14218 on: July 23, 2019, 06:33:37 pm »
Interesting they can spend 40 mil on a Hoffenheim player.

Where was this money for Rafa?

Or are there outgoings to balance the books?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #14219 on: July 23, 2019, 06:40:49 pm »
They just flogged Perez for £30m-odd and never signed Rondon, so he’s just covering them.
AHA!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14220 on: July 23, 2019, 06:58:46 pm »
They just flogged Perez for £30m-odd and never signed Rondon, so he’s just covering them.

Forgot about Perez.

I wonder if Joelinton was one of Rafa's picks had he stayed?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14221 on: July 23, 2019, 07:01:00 pm »
Forgot about Perez.

I wonder if Joelinton was one of Rafa's picks had he stayed?

media seem to claim that he wasn't that keen, cos he though the fee was far too high.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14222 on: July 23, 2019, 07:02:43 pm »
media seem to claim that he wasn't that keen, cos he though the fee was far too high.

Could be, but it's one thing to think a player could fit your system, and another to let the player go because the fee is too high, though.

What I'm saying is that I wonder if Newcastle are going through Rafa's scouting list rather than Bruce's right now (if this was indeed a move that was started pre-Bruce)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14223 on: July 23, 2019, 07:28:54 pm »
Could be, but it's one thing to think a player could fit your system, and another to let the player go because the fee is too high, though.

What I'm saying is that I wonder if Newcastle are going through Rafa's scouting list rather than Bruce's right now (if this was indeed a move that was started pre-Bruce)

it was clearly in the pipeline before Bruce, they've been linked with him for ages. Bruce probably has never heard of him  :P

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14224 on: July 23, 2019, 07:33:28 pm »
it was clearly in the pipeline before Bruce, they've been linked with him for ages. Bruce probably has never heard of him  :P

He probably thinks he's a young Scunthorpe prospect called Joe Linton.

Although, he might also think it's a character from Wuthering Heights :D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14225 on: July 23, 2019, 07:54:52 pm »
He probably thinks he's a young Scunthorpe prospect called Joe Linton.

Although, he might also think it's a character from Wuthering Heights :D

Heathcliff Steve Bruce, it's me, Mike Ashley...
Let me in through your window
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14226 on: July 23, 2019, 07:54:56 pm »

Nah mate he's heard of him; Joelinton bears a strong resemblance to one of the South American characters in SWEEPER starring Steve Barnes, manager slash really fit man with good exam scores slash murder detective slash did he mention fit?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #14227 on: July 23, 2019, 08:27:47 pm »
Was looking at stats a while back finding a striker who most compared to our Bobby, and Joelinton kept coming up as very similar in his ability to defend from the front, and he played for Hoffenheim. Very interested to see more of him play now he’s over here
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14228 on: July 23, 2019, 08:48:37 pm »

Bruce's current scouting list is Tyne river barber shops that use lawnmowers...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14229 on: July 23, 2019, 08:59:03 pm »
Bruce's current scouting list is Tyne river barber shops that use lawnmowers...

"Bob on the Tyne is all mine, all mine
Bob on the Tyne is all mine..."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14230 on: July 23, 2019, 09:08:01 pm »
Heathcliff Steve Bruce, it's me, Mike Ashley...
Let me in through your window

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14232 on: July 23, 2019, 09:35:40 pm »
At about £10m cheaper Joelinton be a typical LFC signing in the mold of Mane and Firmino.  22, under performed xG with xG+xA/90 over .50 with ~2 tackles/interceptions a game to boot.  If NUFC get relegated wouldn't surprise me at all if we were to go for him assuming he performs to the same level.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14233 on: July 26, 2019, 10:47:10 pm »
Ashley is in some degree of financial trouble, to the extent he's been sailing close to the wind with the Stock market.

Now is the time for Newcastle supporters to take action, and hit him financially by any means possible. Make his ownership of NUFC financially problematic to go with his other anxieties, and you might just get him to sell up. If you sit on your hands during this opportunity, then I have no sympathy. It might have been understandable to shrug when he was in a stroking position, but he is uniquely weak right now.

Break out the Internet terrorism. Make him see you as a serious problem.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/26/sports-direct-shares-fall-results-delay-mike-ashley
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14234 on: July 27, 2019, 01:12:53 am »
Ashley is in some degree of financial trouble, to the extent he's been sailing close to the wind with the Stock market.

Now is the time for Newcastle supporters to take action, and hit him financially by any means possible. Make his ownership of NUFC financially problematic to go with his other anxieties, and you might just get him to sell up. If you sit on your hands during this opportunity, then I have no sympathy. It might have been understandable to shrug when he was in a stroking position, but he is uniquely weak right now.

Break out the Internet terrorism. Make him see you as a serious problem.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/26/sports-direct-shares-fall-results-delay-mike-ashley

You're wildly overestimating the average football fan.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #14235 on: July 27, 2019, 02:50:00 am »
I wondered where I'd seen Steve Bruce before.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ABml9AvVXQ4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ABml9AvVXQ4</a>
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #14236 on: July 27, 2019, 07:47:18 am »
See Ashley is pointing the finger at Rafa in the Mail in a desperate bid to save face.... ::) Ballbag.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #14237 on: July 27, 2019, 08:07:11 am »
At about £10m cheaper Joelinton be a typical LFC signing in the mold of Mane and Firmino.  22, under performed xG with xG+xA/90 over .50 with ~2 tackles/interceptions a game to boot.  If NUFC get relegated wouldn't surprise me at all if we were to go for him assuming he performs to the same level.

Exactly what I was thinking. A season of being lost under fat heads coaching and tactics, surely we are only paying £25m next summer?!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14238 on: July 31, 2019, 10:28:16 am »
10 years since Sir Bobby passed away. RIP. :(

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14239 on: August 8, 2019, 05:50:29 pm »
Carroll gone back on a free
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA