Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3432123 times)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #16080 on: May 26, 2017, 11:49:50 pm »
He was quietly decent this season and he fills a home-grown quota spot.
Which is why they never challenged for the league since he joined them. They need people to dominate in this league not to be quietly decent. Due to that quota both him and Stones will be their bench options instead of being sold.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #16081 on: May 27, 2017, 01:14:22 am »
Good player ... not better than what they already have though. Slightly odd move for them - guess they don't care money wise

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #16082 on: May 27, 2017, 01:19:09 am »
Good player ... not better than what they already have though. Slightly odd move for them - guess they don't care money wise

Long term replacement for Daveed.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16083 on: May 27, 2017, 01:24:49 am »
I don't see how Bernardo is a long-term replacement for David, at least not while Guardiola is there. Guardiola played Silva as more of a CM last season and I don't think that position would suit Bernardo Silva that much, Bernardo is more of a winger that likes to dribble with the ball whereas David is really just an out and out playmaker now. Who knows where Guardiola will play Bernardo Silva though, probably at CB.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #16084 on: May 27, 2017, 01:58:17 am »
He controlled the Etihad game from the inside right. We're seeing a lot of wide playmakers in the game lately. He will compose the offensive play for City, that's all I'm saying!

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16085 on: May 27, 2017, 02:14:16 am »
Damn, didn't see that coming. Good signing; he's class. They've got quite an assembly of creative attacking talent at the minute.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #16086 on: May 27, 2017, 04:52:54 am »
Re-Bernardo Silva, he is my type of player. Love attacking mids with good technique.

Txiki has been upping his game as of recent. From spending 50m on Mangala and 30m on Bony to signing Gundogan, Bernardo Silva and Gabriel Jesus for very reasonable price. Great pieces of business. Looking at the asking price for Mbappe, there is no way that Gabriel Jesus' market price is less than 100m in today's market. Pep's pulling power and much criticized Txiki have to be praised here.

KDB was 74m Euros.  2 years ago that wasn't cheap.  In fact City blew Bayern out of the water on that transfer. 

Sterling was 62.5m Euros.  Otamendi was 45m.  Stones was another 55m Euros.  Don't forget Nolito, Claudio Bravo etc who were bad transfers.   Yes, G Jesus looks like decent value at merely 32 million, but City have had a bunch of horrible signings.  Plus we don't even know what kind of wages City are offering. 

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16087 on: May 27, 2017, 06:15:11 am »
You probably don't care only if you look up the match results online once a week. But if you and watch, I bet you care. Even if you watch on TV.

The fact that ManU fans care is evident from the sacking of Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal. Also, there have been lots of threads on redcafe criticizing Mourinho for the style of football. I am saying, the calls for sacking aren't louder only because of the smaller trophies (which Mourinho disrespected and called non-achievement himself earlier in his career). They all perfectly understand it that it is a gimmick, an excuse to be patient. There is no way they are happy or think their season or current situation is any better than ManCity's.

Another fact is, a lot of ManU fans tried to avoid being all too critical of Mourinho for one major reason. A lot of times, in those discussions, the question is "if not Mourinho, who do we hire next?" There is no clear answer to that, so they are afraid of situation getting even worse. I am sure if they believed that a top tier manager is available, more than half of them won't make a fuss if Mourinho is kicked out.

Can't agree with this eeither.  There's no way Pep's first season in England can be viewed other than a failure.  He himself declared a few weeks ago that he would have been fired at a big club like Barcelona or Bayern!   He didn't compete in the league or any of the cups, he was miles away from the title and miles from the elite teams in Europe.  In the cups he got knocked out by Wenger ffs - the worst Arsenal of the last 20 years!

Mourinho was a failure as far as quality of football goes, but he did manage to win Europa league and the league cup.  Style was super negative though United have been playing boring football since 2012 (that includes Ferguson's last couple of seasons, Moyes, Giggs and of course vanGaal). 

I think Conte has been the best in England, followed by Pocchetino and Klopp.  Then Mourinho followed by Pep and Wenger.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16088 on: May 27, 2017, 07:53:57 am »
^I agree that Pep's first season is a failure.

Disagree with other points. Absolutely no way Europa League saves Mourinho's season being anything other than a failure. I'd want to poke my eyes out if I were a ManU fan. They are really crap, and 1-2 small trophies do not change that.

The devil in the detail, the fact is, in England, nobody really had a "superb" season save for Conte. Conte and Klopp didn't have European football this season. Liverpool's season is a bit meh for me overall, if I am honest. So for me, Mourinho, Klopp, Guardiola and Wenger are all in the same boat pretty much. If I am honest, I am not all too impressed by Pochettino either. Spurs are decent, but I am still not convinced about them. Would I be surprised if they finished 6th next season? No.

Online Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16089 on: May 27, 2017, 08:39:46 am »
Bernardo Silva. Mendy and Fabinho soon to follow. City aren't pissing about are they.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16090 on: May 27, 2017, 08:41:28 am »
Fabinho is an obvious signing for them. A full-back that can play in midfield, we know Guardiola likes one of those

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #16091 on: May 27, 2017, 11:35:06 am »
Had Bernardo Siva's name been linked to City prior to yesterday?

Bernardo Silva. Mendy and Fabinho soon to follow. City aren't pissing about are they.

Exactly my point. No pointless or prolonged briefing to journos, just getting things done outright.

Silva seemed a cracking little player at Monaco but 1)he's not a guaranteed success 2) not that sure he will oust Sterling . He plays on the wing but I reckon Guardiola wants him in the midfield playmaking position.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16092 on: May 27, 2017, 11:39:45 am »
So looks like Sterling out of the team...

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16093 on: May 27, 2017, 11:54:57 am »
That Zabaleta video had me in bits - fucking hell!

Anyway, Manchester Evening News says Guardiola has been given Ł300m to spend. In addition to Bernardo Silva they want Mendy and Walker for the full back spots, Bonucci or Van Dijk in central defence, Fabinho or William Carvalho for midfield and Alexis Sanchez as another attacking option. Plus a goalie to compete with Bravo

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sanchez-arsenal-transfer-list-guardiola-13101151

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16094 on: May 27, 2017, 12:01:23 pm »
Ł43 million hahaha.

I know they have been fiddling with turnover accounts when they created another company house to divert a chunk of the players wages to to get past FFP,but paying Ł43 million for him makes me wonder how they managed that. ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16095 on: May 27, 2017, 12:01:39 pm »
Had Bernardo Siva's name been linked to City prior to yesterday?

Exactly my point. No pointless or prolonged briefing to journos, just getting things done outright.

Well, it is much easier when you buy a player directly from the agent, and not from a club. Personally, I want LFC as far as possible from Jorge Mendes.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #16096 on: May 27, 2017, 12:03:49 pm »
Well, it is much easier when you buy a player directly from the agent, and not from a club. Personally, I want LFC as far as possible from Jorge Mendes.
Didn't know Mendes owned him. Yeah, I think LFC do stay away from him. Have we ever bought from him? Don't think so.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16097 on: May 27, 2017, 12:03:58 pm »
Ł43 million hahaha.

I know they have been fiddling with turnover accounts when they created another company house to divert a chunk of the players wages to to get past FFP,but paying Ł43 million for him makes me wonder how they managed that. ;D

Have to agree. Monaco want over Ł120m for mbappe. No way on earth they sell their second best player for Ł43m. Just not having it.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16098 on: May 27, 2017, 12:05:10 pm »

Anyway, Manchester Evening News says Guardiola has been given Ł300m to spend. In addition to Bernardo Silva they want Mendy and Walker for the full back spots, Bonucci or Van Dijk in central defence, Fabinho or William Carvalho for midfield and Alexis Sanchez as another attacking option. Plus a goalie to compete with Bravo

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sanchez-arsenal-transfer-list-guardiola-13101151

If he doesn't win the league with that. He should never manage a football club again.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16099 on: May 27, 2017, 12:09:56 pm »

why would bonucci want to leave juve, cash aside?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16100 on: May 27, 2017, 12:16:47 pm »
Have to agree. Monaco want over Ł120m for mbappe. No way on earth they sell their second best player for Ł43m. Just not having it.

The magic words are "percentage from future sale" and "image rights". That is how the super agents are bypassing the third party ownership regulation. And that is why Mino Raiola has got Ł41 million from the Pogba transfer to Man Utd.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16101 on: May 27, 2017, 12:30:55 pm »
why would bonucci want to leave juve, cash aside?

If Juve win the CL, think might be time for both club and player to cash out.  What else is he going to do in Italy, win another Serie A?

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16102 on: May 27, 2017, 12:32:01 pm »
The magic words are "percentage from future sale" and "image rights". That is how the super agents are bypassing the third party ownership regulation. And that is why Mino Raiola has got Ł41 million from the Pogba transfer to Man Utd.

Football is in a bubble.  If there was a way to trading it, I'd short it big time

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #16103 on: May 27, 2017, 01:08:43 pm »

That kid at the end :(

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16104 on: May 27, 2017, 01:30:11 pm »
If Juve win the CL, think might be time for both club and player to cash out.  What else is he going to do in Italy, win another Serie A?
fair point I guess, then again his son is a Torino fan so maybe he can move and get his lad to support the same team

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #16105 on: May 27, 2017, 02:25:25 pm »

they don't need to, they just pay whatever the fee is and whatever the players agents demand for wages. 

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16106 on: May 27, 2017, 02:33:26 pm »

Disagree with other points. Absolutely no way Europa League saves Mourinho's season being anything other than a failure. I'd want to poke my eyes out if I were a ManU fan. They are really crap, and 1-2 small trophies do not change that.

The devil in the detail, the fact is, in England, nobody really had a "superb" season save for Conte. Conte and Klopp didn't have European football this season. Liverpool's season is a bit meh for me overall, if I am honest. So for me, Mourinho, Klopp, Guardiola and Wenger are all in the same boat pretty much. If I am honest, I am not all too impressed by Pochettino either. Spurs are decent, but I am still not convinced about them. Would I be surprised if they finished 6th next season? No.

1-2 small trophies, wow that's arrogant. Whereas Man Utd where very lucky to get an easy ride in the Europa, its not a small trophy. Sad when fans proclaim it as such.

Lumping Guardiola and Mourninho in with managers who don't have unlimited budgets isn't really showing the whole picture either. There is no way around it, Guardiola had a really poor first season. Mourinho despite the rotten football, won a major trophy, and Pochettino and Klopp punched above their weight.

Pressure is on to deliver next season for him for sure. And he will, cos they'll spend a ridiculous amount on buying elite talent for the positions they feel they are lacking in.

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16107 on: May 27, 2017, 02:38:09 pm »

How did your two horse race end you arrogant wanker? Oh that's right not even the greatest thing since Jesus Christ could win you any trophies....can't wait until the TV money gets shared about fairly in la liga....so you can get off your high horse. Bellend.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #16108 on: May 27, 2017, 02:48:14 pm »
The mega-rich clubs doing massive deals between each other again. What odds on one of PSG/Monaco/Chelsea spending mega bucks on a Man City outcast?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16109 on: May 27, 2017, 02:53:46 pm »

1-2 small trophies, wow that's arrogant. Whereas Man Utd where very lucky to get an easy ride in the Europa, its not a small trophy. Sad when fans proclaim it as such.

Lumping Guardiola and Mourninho in with managers who don't have unlimited budgets isn't really showing the whole picture either. There is no way around it, Guardiola had a really poor first season. Mourinho despite the rotten football, won a major trophy, and Pochettino and Klopp punched above their weight.

Pressure is on to deliver next season for him for sure. And he will, cos they'll spend a ridiculous amount on buying elite talent for the positions they feel they are lacking in.

Not that I wouldn't want to win the Europa League, but there's a bigger version of it (Champions League) so "small" isn't necessarily wrong.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16110 on: May 27, 2017, 03:02:29 pm »
Not that I wouldn't want to win the Europa League, but there's a bigger version of it (Champions League) so "small" isn't necessarily wrong.

its just arrogant though, I hate the belittling of some competitions, usually by fans of the super clubs.

It's not a small trophy, it's probably the 3rd biggest, 3rd only to a league title and the CL.  The league cup, granted, that's a small trophy, but obiouly still worth winning.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #16111 on: May 27, 2017, 03:25:05 pm »

How did your two horse race end you arrogant wanker? Oh that's right not even the greatest thing since Jesus Christ could win you any trophies....can't wait until the TV money gets shared about fairly in la liga....so you can get off your high horse. Bellend.

Come on, there is no need for that.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #16112 on: May 27, 2017, 03:32:51 pm »

No , the financial doping is in full flow again
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16113 on: May 27, 2017, 03:38:05 pm »
No , the financial doping is in full flow again

That's a big reason why I'm not as passionate about the game as I once was.

Football is somewhat of a farce nowadays.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16114 on: May 27, 2017, 03:39:24 pm »

Actually there is. XXavi tends to look down on everything  that doesn't shine out of Barca's or Pep's arse.

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16115 on: May 27, 2017, 03:42:51 pm »

You're probably right, so I apologise....but reading his incessant 'art thou houlier than thou' bollocks over the past decade (ish) gets tiresome....he joined the board in a purple patch of his teams history and patronises anyone and everyone using that as a barometer of football, Paisley's Liverpool would have wiped their arse with the best they've ever had...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16116 on: May 27, 2017, 03:44:18 pm »
That's a big reason why I'm not as passionate about the game as I once was.

Football is somewhat of a farce nowadays.

yeah I'm the same. And its one reason why I enjoy another league far more than the premier league these days.  Premier leagues gets more souless by the season.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16117 on: May 27, 2017, 03:56:59 pm »
Who gives a fuck? Hardly struggling for good creative AM types are they?

Makes Coutinho worth a shitload more as well, Christ knows what he'll be worth in a few years when this guy and Pogback are going for the fees they have.
Yup, we have other positions to focus on. If they sign Van Dijk then we can get pissed off  ;D
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16118 on: May 27, 2017, 04:04:04 pm »
Maybe we can get Sterling back off them?
Nah you're alright.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16119 on: May 27, 2017, 04:11:45 pm »
Nah you're alright.

Pretty much, not been tearing up many trees worth 50m...