Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2872520 times)

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
Re: Liverpool FC complete signing of Mohamed Salah
« Reply #1240 on: October 19, 2017, 03:29:55 am »
Mane and Salah sorts our wide areas for years to come. Pace and goals. Brilliant. One left footed, one right footed. Both only 25 too.

Beautiful, isn't it? Not long ago (15-16) we had a very slow squad with only Ibe as a true wide midfielder. Now we've got two of the best this league has to offer - chuffed!
The change is cast

Offline Entropicity

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1241 on: October 19, 2017, 03:51:39 am »
Mane and Salah sorts our wide areas for years to come. Pace and goals. Brilliant. One left footed, one right footed. Both only 25 too.

If you remember how devastating Ribery and Robben were for Bayern... I hope we can see this for us too.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #1242 on: October 19, 2017, 11:26:15 am »
Maybe it's just me but I see Salah as less of a wide player with every game. He looks like a busy old school number 10 who's dangerous in the box, in that Keegan ilk. I think with Ribery and Robben they're both technically midfielders, Ribery is more like a less clinical Coutinho than Mane and Mane is probably more like Robben. Salah is a different breed, almost - to extend the Bayern reference - like what Muller was a few years back. He's a hard working footballing super computer and I can't help but think he only gets better the more focused his role in the side becomes.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1243 on: October 20, 2017, 12:28:41 am »
I love that story today of a rich Egyptian businessman wanting to give Mo Salah a holiday villa in recognition of what he did in taking Egypt to the WC. But Mo turned it down politely and asked if the businessman would make a donation to his home village instead  8)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-winger-mo-salah-turns-13786636

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1244 on: October 20, 2017, 12:34:33 am »
New pic from the night he took them to the world cup.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1245 on: October 20, 2017, 01:46:15 pm »
You will have to get in line mate, there are probably 104 million Egyptians who would love to have that honor ;D

The official population of Egypt is 95.69 million and some of them are probably men so it seems statistically improbable ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1246 on: October 20, 2017, 02:35:03 pm »
I love that story today of a rich Egyptian businessman wanting to give Mo Salah a holiday villa in recognition of what he did in taking Egypt to the WC. But Mo turned it down politely and asked if the businessman would make a donation to his home village instead  8)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-winger-mo-salah-turns-13786636

Fantastic,the best answer from Mo.  :)

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1247 on: October 20, 2017, 03:23:16 pm »
New pic from the night he took them to the world cup.

Keep it as a reminder for when the whining about international breaks come.
Playing for their national team is huge for a lot of our players.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #1248 on: October 20, 2017, 11:28:14 pm »
This lad has it all. With slightly better finishing and decision making he'll be world class. Even if those two attributes don't improve, I'd still start him every week. Loving Mo.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: October 21, 2017, 09:37:19 am »
A great signing for us so far and has really contributed to our team. Excellent threat that keeps the opposition thinking as another chess piece they have to stop. Our attack really has so many options now and just needs another striker piece to round it all off.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: October 21, 2017, 11:27:45 am »
 Suarez with Mane and Mo on the winds would be so filthy that teams would get court orders to ban them playing against the teams in the same line up.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1251 on: October 21, 2017, 03:14:54 pm »
Crazy Egyptian fuckers did it again.  ;D

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #1252 on: October 21, 2017, 04:16:41 pm »
Such a good player.  Will always be underappreciated by many when Mane/Coutinho are playing, but for my money he epitomises what we're trying to be.  Hope he keeps it going.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #1253 on: October 21, 2017, 08:50:40 pm »
hope this guy really utilises the width of the pitch tomoz, the channels and wing will be key to opening these up
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: October 21, 2017, 09:00:54 pm »
I love him.

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #1255 on: October 21, 2017, 10:03:40 pm »
hope this guy really utilises the width of the pitch tomoz, the channels and wing will be key to opening these up
Not really that type of player tho

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #1256 on: October 21, 2017, 10:29:03 pm »
Great player, great guy.

"Chelsea flop", lmao.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1257 on: October 21, 2017, 10:52:15 pm »
Crazy Egyptian fuckers did it again.  ;D

and a Turk with 33%,shows how well the Egyptians are doing beating the turks that good

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: October 21, 2017, 11:06:05 pm »
Ultimate compliment from Diego Maradona.  8)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-star-mohamed-salah-even-13789863

Mohamed Salah's performances for Liverpool have been earning widespread praise this season.

But perhaps his biggest compliment of this season has come from iconic World Cup winner Diego Maradona!

The Reds winger has won back-to-back Player of the Month awards for August and September and is currently Liverpool 's top scorer this term with eight goals.

Salah has also been earning rave reviews on international duty after firing a brace - including a 95th minute penalty - to send Egypt to their first World Cup since 1990 earlier this month.

Michael Owen and Thierry Henry are just two former Premier League superstars who have been impressed by Salah's emergence this term.

And the 25-year-old has now been given high praise from none other than legendary former Argentina star Maradona.

"Salah is a brilliant player who can move right and left, and he can score goals using his leg as well as his head," Maradona is quoted."Salah learnt more of his talents in Italy (with Roma and Fiorentina) and his performance looks like the Italians."

Salah's last-gasp spot-kick against against Congo earlier this month was enough to secure a crucial 2-1 win to send the Pharaohs to their first World Cup since Italia '90.

And the iconic Maradona, who won 1986 World Cup with Argentina, has told Salah and his international colleagues to "enjoy" their stay at next summer's tournament in Russia.

He added: "I advise the Egyptian national team to enjoy participating in the 2018 Russia World Cup.

"To participate in the World Cup is a big target for many national teams, so Egypt have to enjoy reaching the World Cup finals."

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1259 on: October 21, 2017, 11:13:02 pm »
Ultimate compliment from Diego Maradona.  8)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-star-mohamed-salah-even-13789863

I saw that that was Maradona quoted, and read the first bit you'd bolded as "he can score goals with his leg as well as his hand."

Nice that he's getting recognition from one of the very greatest of all time.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: October 22, 2017, 02:40:47 pm »
Hand of Pharaoh.  ;D

Maradona is at Wembley today.  I really hope we get a solo goal from Mo today.  ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: October 22, 2017, 06:07:33 pm »
Our best player once again. He never hides and he puts in a good shift.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1262 on: October 22, 2017, 06:08:41 pm »
Our best player once again. He never hides and he puts in a good shift.

He's Suarez esque... relentless work, relentless desire to be a threat ... constant danger ...running to take corners at 1-4 down
He's absolutely immense - has every right to lose his shit with the rest of his team

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: October 22, 2017, 07:05:30 pm »
He's such an important player for us already!

Can't wait to see both him and Mane up front for us together again.  They both have the same toughness and desire that some other players sorely lack.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1264 on: October 22, 2017, 08:47:49 pm »
Played well again and never gave up today. Set a great example.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1265 on: October 22, 2017, 10:28:19 pm »
I loved his fighting spirit right until the bitter end. Keep it up Mo.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: October 30, 2017, 10:50:20 am »

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1267 on: October 30, 2017, 11:29:37 am »
Great numbers, and many of the others get a fair few from set pieces. The crazy fact is that he has been far from clinical. He could have scored quite a bit more actually.

His skills and speed are great, but ability to time his runs and pop up at the right place is incredible. It's the type of stuff you normally see from elite strikers.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #1268 on: October 30, 2017, 12:05:56 pm »
He is fucking amazing and doing his stuff when Liverpool are without Mane, Coutinho and Lallana. Considering Chamberlain is starting to look the part, Sturridge is back scoring goals and Solanke is beginning to get minutes (not to mention Ings is back in training) the attacking prowess of Liverpool at the moment is phenomenal.

It's the reason I have so little patience with all the grinches moaning about Klopp not setting Liverpool up properly. Normally getting the attacking talent is so much harder, but Liverpool is legion with fast, skillful, hard-working scorers. After that it should be relatively easier to identify 2-3 defenders and a holding midfielder to take the team to the next level. It's like Klopp and the TC have done all the hard work and now, just as they are about to move to the easier stage fans are impatient because they  did it the other way around.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: October 30, 2017, 01:21:58 pm »
He is fucking amazing and doing his stuff when Liverpool are without Mane, Coutinho and Lallana. Considering Chamberlain is starting to look the part, Sturridge is back scoring goals and Solanke is beginning to get minutes (not to mention Ings is back in training) the attacking prowess of Liverpool at the moment is phenomenal.

It's the reason I have so little patience with all the grinches moaning about Klopp not setting Liverpool up properly. Normally getting the attacking talent is so much harder, but Liverpool is legion with fast, skillful, hard-working scorers. After that it should be relatively easier to identify 2-3 defenders and a holding midfielder to take the team to the next level. It's like Klopp and the TC have done all the hard work and now, just as they are about to move to the easier stage fans are impatient because they  did it the other way around.

Couldn't agree more.

Its not that attack is more important than defence, but I think its traditionally harder to put together a really potent attacking half of a team.

We've done that......and some.

Its not easy to get the defence right, but historically even the 'lesser' teams have been able to put defensive units together easier than the attacking side of things.

Fingers crossed as you say we can now add the defensive nous to what is an incredible spoil of riches in the attacking half.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1270 on: October 30, 2017, 01:39:14 pm »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #1271 on: October 30, 2017, 01:47:00 pm »
Another invaluable forum contribution.

::)

Maybe he just likes laughing?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1272 on: October 30, 2017, 01:59:30 pm »
9 goals by the end of October. On course for a 30 goal season.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: October 30, 2017, 11:58:58 pm »
The stint in Italy did him a world of good. I've said this before, but missing out on him was good in hindsight, he is a much better and different player to what he used to be at Basel.

He will score 20 at this rate without a problem.

I see a lot of people say this, but I don't buy into it. If you look at his goals and assists to minute ratio at Chelsea, it's pretty much exactly the same as he has always performed. And when he eventually went on loan to Italy there wasn't a bedding in period, he was producing right away

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: October 31, 2017, 01:15:39 am »
I see a lot of people say this, but I don't buy into it. If you look at his goals and assists to minute ratio at Chelsea, it's pretty much exactly the same as he has always performed. And when he eventually went on loan to Italy there wasn't a bedding in period, he was producing right away

I buy into it because I saw how he played in Italy, and how he developed, he even said so himself. He only had 19 appearances for Chelsea, and scored two goals. He had a solid year at Fiorentina, but he really stood out dramatically in his first year at Roma.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1275 on: October 31, 2017, 02:28:39 am »
I buy into it because I saw how he played in Italy, and how he developed, he even said so himself. He only had 19 appearances for Chelsea, and scored two goals. He had a solid year at Fiorentina, but he really stood out dramatically in his first year at Roma.

I believe he's developed. But I also think he was probably misused at Chelsea.

I believe he would have been better for us under Rodgers than he was for ultra defensive Mourinho. He would have fit that 13-14 team like a glove.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #1276 on: October 31, 2017, 03:08:07 am »
He did okay at Chelsea, at least when taking into account how and how sparringly he was used.
Then did good for Fiorentina for half a season and became elite at Roma for two years before we finally got him. It's certainly possible he'd be as good if he came here three years ago and stayed, but I don't it's likely. I'm convinced his experiences with Chelsea, Fiorentina and Roma in terms of motivation and ambition have been a major factor in his development in the past three years.

None of that matter now though. He's ours for the next 5 years or so.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #1277 on: October 31, 2017, 09:17:49 am »

Agreed.
I think it's a case of habit. We''ve been nurtured over the latter 15 years or so to prioritise team building starting from the defense and then moving to the forward position. To the degree whereby we'll heavily value improvements that sprout from the defensive side of the game (i.e how many more clean sheets this season vs last) rather than the improvement on our attacking displays. I've got a tremendous amount of respect for Rafa (t-r-e-m-e-n-d-o-u-s!), however, under Rafa whenever we played a top side, more often than not we let them control the ball and we controlled the pitch. With Klopp, we're playing against top sides and actually dominating posession against them. We're creating chances galore, and rather than complaining about not creating enough chances (think Rafa years), we're complaining about not being clinical enough. The system is working, however it requires the right players within it to truly see it flourish.

It's frustrating to see us concede silly goals on a consistent basis. Goals that we'd never, ever, EVER, have conceded under Rafa or Houllier, and that might be the crux of the matter. We're just not used to being weak defensively, and strong going offensively. I would have loved us to have pushed a defensive target this past summer, but it seems the club and Klopp prioritised the attacking targets (Salah+ locking up Keita) rather than the defensive side. But that's how Klopp wants to build his team, and I can't judge the picture until I see all the pieces of the puzzle.

Just remember, under Rafa we failed to bring in any sort of winger that resembled Mane or Salah. In fact, that was our biggest gripe during that time, why aren't we bringing in a quick attacking winger with goal scoring in their resume. Apparently, that wasn't how Rafa saw the game, or rather, that wasn't how Rafa prioritised his targets. Closest signing to them I can remember was Riera (not as fast, not a goal scoring) and Kewell (actually come to think of it, he was the closest, though he was injured most of his time here and we never found a similar like-for-like replacement). Maybe that's just how it is, every manager has an achilles heel that they'll have to overcome. Success tends to be closely connected with their ability to taper over their blindspots.

Personally, I think it's easier to find defenders than it is to find wingers like Mane and Salah.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1278 on: October 31, 2017, 09:24:02 am »
Following on from Doc I can remember the winger type players we were linked with during Rafa's time. None of whom signed - is Simao still on that plane?

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #1279 on: October 31, 2017, 09:34:37 am »
Following on from Doc I can remember the winger type players we were linked with during Rafa's time. None of whom signed - is Simao still on that plane?

We've gone from monitoring and almost signing wingers under Rafa, to monitoring and almost signing defenders under Klopp. ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.