Author Topic: The Anfield Index Thread  (Read 39132 times)

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Anfield Index Thread
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2017, 06:16:09 pm »
I give these pods a listen if i'm ever commuting. They have some very good contributers like Gags Tandon, Nina, and Harinder (i do enjoy the Desi podcast) - but they also have some seriously shit ones. And when i say shit, i mean really shit.

I find them more real, than TAW - who imo can be overly positive to the point it's not objective anymore, which is not a style i like (eg, spending a nonsensical hour discussing how we were in for Mbape and how it all meant we were top dogs, or youtilzing over FSG, etc).

AI also have some good pods on other areas - like movies, tv shows, etc - which can be enjoyable.

Not keen on them going behind a paywall though - the quality for all the shows isn't that great to warrant such a move.

Offline AI Pro

• Kemlynite
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2017, 06:27:32 pm »
Thanks for the comments, note than none of the shows you mentioned will be going behind a paywall, AI Pro is all about new shows in addition to what's always been free on AI - the AI Pro shows will all be with professionals including players, journalists, coaches, sports scientists etc.

Online Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2017, 07:37:55 pm »
Thanks for the comments, note than none of the shows you mentioned will be going behind a paywall, AI Pro is all about new shows in addition to what's always been free on AI - the AI Pro shows will all be with professionals including players, journalists, coaches, sports scientists etc.

Good luck with your evolution. Not sure which one of you this is. I listen to some of your shows and I think they can be really good. There are some excellent presenters. Unlike Aaron above (whom I disagree with on just about everything) I really rate TAW and really appreciate the way they address issues, particularly after defeats but that is not the point of this thread.
Congrats Gags & Co.

Offline AI Pro

• Kemlynite
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2017, 07:45:43 pm »
Cheers Dougle, and agree wholeheartedly for what it's worth.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2017, 09:31:54 pm »
Jonathan Northcroft is a good one to listen to. Really liked the latest pod with him.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline AI Pro

• Kemlynite
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2017, 09:36:28 pm »
Cheers Willie, glad you liked it - always great to have Jon on the show; keep your ears plugged to Media Matters, some cracking guests in the coming weeks and months.

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2017, 06:39:15 am »
Thought the tactics pod with Paul Dalglish was excellent. My knowledge on the finer details of tactics leaves much to be desired so it was both enjoyable and educational.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline AI Pro

• Kemlynite
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2017, 10:06:47 am »
Paul Walsh discusses that Dejan Lovren Substitution on our post match podcast looking at the Spurs shambles  :butt

Listen now...  http://bit.ly/2gC5KCC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2017, 03:25:36 pm »
Have to say that there is a lot of good content coming out on the Index now. They have managed to recruit some top top people. From legends like Mölby, to tactical brains like Paul Dalglish. And journos like Jonathan Northcroft too.

I like what I'm getting for my buck I have to say and I urge y'all to check it out.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline AI Pro

• Kemlynite
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2017, 06:56:41 pm »
Our Media Matters show is out at 9pm tonight (25th Oct) and the journo in the hot seat is none other than Duncan Castles - a man who rightly so carries little credibility with LFC fans!

Gags and Sachin give Duncan a proper grilling on his seemingly "close" relationship with Mourinho plus apparent loathing of LFC and Klopp - there are some fireworks!

Nobody is being forced to listen but if you want to get the answers to those questions not answered until now, head over to http://anfieldindex.com/join

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2017, 09:43:10 pm »
Our Media Matters show is out at 9pm tonight (25th Oct) and the journo in the hot seat is none other than Duncan Castles - a man who rightly so carries little credibility with LFC fans!

Gags and Sachin give Duncan a proper grilling on his seemingly "close" relationship with Mourinho plus apparent loathing of LFC and Klopp - there are some fireworks!

Nobody is being forced to listen but if you want to get the answers to those questions not answered until now, head over to http://anfieldindex.com/join

The first 5 mins  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Howling!
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2017, 11:30:38 am »
Come on. Share something from that with us.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2017, 10:56:10 pm »
In its home thread
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:12:04 am by Harindergeist »
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline AI Pro

• Kemlynite
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2017, 04:45:53 pm »
As many of you may know Peter Beardsley has been doing a weekly podcast on Anfield Index this season called Legends Lowdown, some truly great insight.

Anyhow, our founder Gags Tandon met up with Peter this week and he's giving away one of his signed 1989/90 LFC shirts in a Twitter competition at https://twitter.com/AnfieldIndexPro/status/925036704830017536.

Offline AI Pro

• Kemlynite
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2017, 01:42:00 pm »
Some pretty comprehensive podcast coverage of Virgil van Dijk signing over on AI:PRO which has been receiving some incredible feedback!!

MUST LISTEN - Not 1, not 2, 3 but 4 great podcasts you can listen to absolutely FREE on your favourite podcast device...

1. Paul Dalglish: Coach/Ex-Player View
2. Jan Molby: Reds Legend View
3. Jeremy Wilson: Journalist thoughts from the man who broke the story in The Telegraph
4. Dave Hendrick: Fan Media View as Dave makes his podcast return

::) Listen to these great podcasts and much more with our AI:PRO 7 DAY FREE TRIAL at http://www.anfieldindex.com/join
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 02:01:21 pm by AI Pro »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2017, 08:42:01 pm »
Some pretty comprehensive podcast coverage of Virgil van Dijk signing over on AI:PRO which has been receiving some incredible feedback!!

MUST LISTEN - Not 1, not 2, 3 but 4 great podcasts you can listen to absolutely FREE on your favourite podcast device...

1. Paul Dalglish: Coach/Ex-Player View
2. Jan Molby: Reds Legend View
3. Jeremy Wilson: Journalist thoughts from the man who broke the story in The Telegraph
4. Dave Hendrick: Fan Media View as Dave makes his podcast return

::) Listen to these great podcasts and much more with our AI:PRO 7 DAY FREE TRIAL at http://www.anfieldindex.com/join

I've listened to the Jeremy Wilson one so far and it was very interesting indeed.

Will get on the Paul Dalglish one next.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2018, 10:20:39 am »
A couple of times a year, me and a couple of fellow Swedes do a podcast for Anfield Index.
This time we had a guest on who lives and breathes LFC every hour of the day, every day of the week.

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_151652984302513&key=429a02f67254a527b838c2ecd6420336&libId=jcompiny01025w6r000MA1xzi4g30&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fanfieldindex.com%2Fpodcasts&v=1&out=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.acast.com%2Ftheanfieldindex%2Fswedishaipodcast-halftime&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fanfieldindex.com%2F&title=Podcasts%20-%20Anfield%20Index&txt=%3Ci%20class%3D%22material-icons%20primary-color%22%3Eplay_circle_outline%3C%2Fi%3E%20Listen

We're just some average Joes who love to talk about Liverpool FC so don't expect any earth shattering analysis.

If you have nothing else to do today, give us a listen.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2018, 08:22:38 am »
Eyes peeled for a pod with the King.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2018, 11:01:17 am »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline AI Pro

• Kemlynite
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2018, 09:44:50 pm »
🆕 The Player, The Manager, The Legend & now the for the 1st time...
the Podcaster - Sir Kenny Dalglish 👑 shares his thoughts on Liverpool FC start to season

‼️ Episode 1 of 'The King & AI' by Anfield Index Pro with Sir Kenny & Paul Dalglish for the Marina Dalglish Appeal.

🎧 Listen to this & all other AI:PRO shows FREE with our 7 day trial offer, see http://anfieldindex.com/join for details.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2018, 02:40:16 pm »
Has no-one listened to this? What did you think if you did?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2020, 09:55:35 pm »
Interested in giving this a go now. Has anybody got any info on the overall set up? Are there free pods or is it all paid subscription and what is the recommended way to listen?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2020, 08:21:37 am »
You get a trial subscription mate, then it’s a fiver a month I think.

The analytical stuff is excellent. A couple of characters that are too abrasive for my taste (Hendrick and Brundish) but Dans Rhodes and Kennett are worth giving it a try I would say. I don’t think TAW has made any real meaningful use of their statsbomb link up.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2020, 09:37:49 am »
Interestingly, Mike Nevin, has joined AI which I think is an excellent addiction to the team.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2020, 09:40:32 am »

The analytical stuff is excellent. A couple of characters that are too abrasive for my taste (Hendrick and Brundish) but Dans Rhodes and Kennett are worth giving it a try I would say. I don’t think TAW has made any real meaningful use of their statsbomb link up.

I think Brundish is the best in the business for statistical analysis.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2020, 10:35:23 am »
Glad someone else finds TAW a little too positive. And when one of them is a bit negative (Firmino needs to score more goals and should be dropped is a recent one) it's normally an astonishingly bad take.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2020, 11:40:33 am »
Glad someone else finds TAW a little too positive. And when one of them is a bit negative (Firmino needs to score more goals and should be dropped is a recent one) it's normally an astonishingly bad take.

If you can’t be positive when 14 points clear with a game in hand, when can you be? :D

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2020, 02:06:49 pm »

AI is very positive just now too. It's the tendency to pick arguments over nonsense that makes me want to switch off. I get enough of that off of the 9 year old if he's gotten out of the wrong side of bed of a morning. The last show featured a misanthropic set to about Armand Traore that was pretty much needless, for example. I can't be arsed with people like that.

Dan Kennett has always been a gent to deal with in my experience btw, just so it's clear I'm not talking about him.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2020, 02:17:02 pm »

Cheers mate. I'm going to give the trial a whirl then and see what's what at the end of that. What I do know is that I'll only pay for one of them.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2020, 02:18:17 pm »
Good news that AI have Mike Nevin. Might give them a go again. Tried AI in the past and wasn't convinced it was for me. I'm not necessarily someone who is interested in listening to pods about stats. I think the stats angle is their USP so it will appeal massively to some fans. I also had the same issue that Royhendo has described above. Some of the contributors were so antagonistic or adamant their opinion was correct that I found it a turn off on the occasions I've tried to listen.

What I find interesting on RAWK is that the TAW thread has about 570 pages whereas the AI thread is on page 4. Is that indicative of their popularity for RAWK posters? Looking at the amount of followers each have on Twitter that disparity doesn't look as obvious (~100k versus ~240k followers)
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2020, 02:28:40 pm »
I can take or leave a lot of the AI content but;
Under Pressure
Tactics Weekly

are excellent. Well worth the price of £5 a month.

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2020, 04:32:28 pm »

It's such a shame that they have Hendrick and Mo Chatra on there because as you say, their analytical stuff is fantastic. They spoil what could be a great thing with bluffers and blaggers discussing other things - Hendricks bs is legendary and Chatra passes himself off as some sort of financial analyst but shows a clear lack of understanding of all things finance whenever he opens his mouth or writes something. Brundish can rub people up the wrong way, particularly on twitter but at least he offers some insightful views.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2020, 05:39:11 pm »
TAW and Anfield Index couldn't be more different really. I tried AI again recently, but there's loads I struggle with. Think it all being done over Skype (or whatever) affects the quality of discussion, and that's a massive advantage for TAW which - for the most part - has all contributors in one room.

There's just loads of small things that turn me off. Don't like having to listen to music at the start of every pod, and then they seem to spend ages introducing the contributors. I like that on TAW you just have Neil saying "I've got Mel, Paul, Gibbo etc with me."

I think what does work is that it represents a different part of the fanbase. Obviously plenty of the people on it go to the game, but from what I can tell there's lots of contributors from overseas and that's a real point of difference from TAW.

And yeah, would echo what some have said about the more antagonistic contributors. Some just have a real air of seriousness which is offputting. Sure there's plenty of good stuff amidst that, but I think their strengths are better suited to written content. I read almost nothing on TAW aside from Neil's post match stuff, but find myself reading a few AI pieces a week.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2020, 08:02:49 pm »
Anfield Index is well worth the subscription,think I pay £39.00 a year,love all the stats stuff and analysis.

Offline AI Pro

• Kemlynite
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2020, 04:40:12 pm »
Thanks for the feedback on AI folks, we are pleased that Mike Nevin has joined us and we'll definitely take all the other feedback on-board  ::) 

Mike Nevin will be doing a local show, recorded face-to-face with a host of guests from within the city itself, it's a shift for AI but one based on feedback just like Reds are leaving here on RAWK.

To those who aren't aware there is a notable difference to the regular free AI channel (3 or 4 shows per week), and our best content which is behind the paywall on AI:PRO (30+ podcasts per month) - so if you haven't tried the PRO side before give a whirl with the FREE TRIAL at https://anfieldindex.com/join - you can cancel during the trial period if it's not for you; after the trial it's £4.99 per month or you can bag a whole year for £39.99. 

FREE APPS for iOS, Android etc + can listen on all popular podcasts apps.

Many people say Under Pressure (Dan Kennett, Gags Tandon, Simon Brundish & Dan Rhodes) is worth the subscription alone, it's a proper deep-dive on LFC match stats, but we get it's not for everyone. We're biased obviously but nobody else is doing anything like this on a podcast with stats.

Added to that we have a few other strong points that we think are worth your time...

* The King & AI - Monthly show with Sir Kenny Dalglish

* Molby On The Spot - Weekly analysis with Jan Molby taking the questions from Trev Downey

* Media Matters - James Pearce, Neil Jones, Gab Marcotti, Jonathan Northcroft, Graeme Hunter and others

* Post Match RAW - Around 1 hour after of raw reaction after every Reds match.

+ Loads more!!

We also do live podcasting and chat/debate with our podcasters in our FREE LFC Discord community at https://anfieldindex.com/discord

Hopefully a few on RAWK prepared to give it a go, 7 DAY FREE TRIAL at https://anfieldindex.com/join

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2020, 09:04:26 pm »
Hang on, what?

Kenny Dalglish?

Monthly?

Offline AI Pro

• Kemlynite
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2020, 09:11:48 pm »
Hang on, what?

Kenny Dalglish?

Monthly?

Indeed Mactavish, see https://anfieldindex.com/?s=king+and+ai for some of the podcasts King Kenny has recorded so far, next one due very soon.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2020, 02:47:18 pm »
Mike Nevin is one of the people i can listen to any day of the week....can only think of it as a positive that they have him on there now

don't always agree with his views but his knowledge on the reds is unreal
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline AI Pro

• Kemlynite
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2020, 12:26:47 pm »
🔥 Debut podcast episode of 'Scouser Tommies' is OUT NOW folks...

🎙️ 'The Reunion' with Jim Boardman & Mike Nevin - recorded in Liverpool last night and it's a belter!

🆓 Join the lads for a fun ride, new weekly podcast - signup FREE to listen now at http://AnfieldIndexPro.com

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2020, 12:48:23 pm »
i guess there's no way to listen to that episode without doing signup
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.