Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 502947 times)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dejan Lovren signs new long-term Liverpool contract
« Reply #1480 on: October 3, 2017, 11:42:22 pm »
Cruel tweet I read from a Liverpool supporter but couldn't help chuckle  ;D

"How come he never misses any of our game but get to miss Croatias? This is totally unfair ffs
5:41 PM - Oct 3, 2017"
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1481 on: October 4, 2017, 02:44:47 am »
Just like to say, on the record, fair dues to Lovren if indeed he has to take meds to play. He is taking one for the team there.

Which of course highlights our screw up in the transfer market even more.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1482 on: October 4, 2017, 12:59:07 pm »
Fair play to him for trying to play through the pain, for me that shows how much he wants to be part of Liverpool and I think we can all respect that.

However, he shouldn't be doing it and the club shouldn't be allowing it. He's become the scapegoat because of his below par performances, not all will be down to playing through pain but he is making some horrendous mistakes. I've turned it hating him this year when I didn't mind him so much before, he worries and angers me when I watch him. I find it difficult to support and I certainly don't defend him anymore.

I'd much rather he admits defeat, rests and recovers. Then hopefully comes back with some fighting performances. We can moan about the transfer situation as much as we want, I wanted Sakho to stay but actually he's looked poor too, maybe that's a lack of playing time.  I'd rather see someone like Gomez in there with Matip consistently, learning and developing. I'd rather we concede goals because a player is developing and learning as opposed to someone whose older and just not getting it. I think he's dragging Matip in the gutter with him too and neither look comfortable next to each other.

Oddly, I think we've defended better in certain situations in the last few games but then we switch off at really stupid times, make mistakes and seemingly always get punished for it .

Lovren needs to stop and not play until he's 100% fit because less than average strikers are making him look very fucking silly this year.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1483 on: October 4, 2017, 01:18:52 pm »
All this talk of organisers - when he first joined I thought Matip looked very much like the type of defender who could marshall the line and direct things from the back. At the very least he was adept at calming things down. Now this constant spotlight on our defence has created an anxiety which has infected whoever plays at the back. To top it off, Lovren's off his tits on drugs having not been able to train all week with very little protection afforded to him given the way we play. Feel bloody sorry for him to be honest. Wouldn't be surprised if he was gazing up at a cloud formation thinking it looked a bit like Steven Gerard's forehead when Joselu lumbered passed him at the weekend.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1484 on: October 4, 2017, 01:24:19 pm »
All this talk of organisers - when he first joined I thought Matip looked very much like the type of defender who could marshall the line and direct things from the back. At the very least he was adept at calming things down. Now this constant spotlight on our defence has created an anxiety which has infected whoever plays at the back. To top it off, Lovren's off his tits on drugs having not been able to train all week with very little protection afforded to him given the way we play. Feel bloody sorry for him to be honest. Wouldn't be surprised if he was gazing up at a cloud formation thinking it looked a bit like Steven Gerard's forehead when Joselu lumbered passed him at the weekend.
Strange thing to say.

He runs almost straight at Matip, who neither follows him or looks to drop deep or get's his body in a position to get back quicker.

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1485 on: October 4, 2017, 05:08:29 pm »
He kept missing the odd game or two last season due to injury without any real explanation. And now he's taking pain killers and injections to play. Clearly he's had a serious and ongoing issue for a while.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1486 on: October 4, 2017, 05:28:11 pm »
I feel for him. Hopefully, it doesn't turn into an Agger like situation where his body is pretty much wrecked from playing footie.

Is there something about defenders and back injuries? Surely the constant jumping and challenging for headers can't be good for the back.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1487 on: October 4, 2017, 07:30:49 pm »
Strange thing to say.

He runs almost straight at Matip, who neither follows him or looks to drop deep or get's his body in a position to get back quicker.

Lovren is dropping a little deeper to try to cover the squared ball there.

He’s gambled, if he’d gambled on clearing off the line he’d have got it...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1488 on: October 4, 2017, 07:59:57 pm »
Strange thing to say.

Looking at that replay on telly it struck me as well that a fit CB from his starting point sprints back into position, anything could have happened, Joselu hits the post or Mignolet saves and there's a loose ball deflected into his area etc. But you would expect him to track back at least.

Defo looked like Lovren gave up on it as soon as Matip was off in chase which the more you study it just looks worse and worse for him.

That he was feeling an injury seems likely but then the question is why did he start although I didn't notice him struggling throughout the rest of the game although on the whole we bossed possession so he didn't have a lot to do to be fair.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1489 on: October 4, 2017, 08:07:44 pm »
Lovren is dropping a little deeper to try to cover the squared ball there.

He’s gambled, if he’d gambled on clearing off the line he’d have got it...
I'm not sure Lovren could have made it back before the ball crosses the line.

For me if Matip is side on he'd have been able to challenge Joselu before he made the area. His starting position is so bad and then he makes a weak tackle.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1490 on: October 4, 2017, 08:09:22 pm »
Strange thing to say.

He should have been bursting his bollox to get by the keeper and try clear the ball off the line, he gives up . Shocking a player with no pace has left out 2 center backs for dirt .

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1491 on: October 4, 2017, 08:20:44 pm »
^^ not sure if its been discussed but I have no clue why Mignolet is starting so deep when the centre backs are playing so high and the ball is where it is

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1492 on: October 4, 2017, 08:27:41 pm »
It’s an absolutely grim goal, all round.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1493 on: October 4, 2017, 08:32:00 pm »
He should have been bursting his bollox to get by the keeper and try clear the ball off the line

Like Phil Babb?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1494 on: October 4, 2017, 08:39:17 pm »
He should have been bursting his bollox to get by the keeper and try clear the ball off the line, he gives up . Shocking a player with no pace has left out 2 center backs for dirt .
When you watch it back yes...

But that’s a gamble, he’s gambled the other way and guessed that it will get squared.  It didn’t.  The wrong choice in hindsight, but the right choice if the ball had been squared. 

Would he have got back in time? I don’t think so...  anyway, that goal is more Matip’s fault.... although I thought he was excellent for the rest of the game.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1495 on: October 4, 2017, 10:55:15 pm »

Would he have got back in time? I don’t think so...  anyway, that goal is more Matip’s fault.... although I thought he was excellent for the rest of the game.
I'd say entirely Matip's fault not more mate. People simply like to make Lovren blameworthy.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1496 on: October 4, 2017, 11:04:08 pm »

But that’s a gamble, he’s gambled the other way and guessed that it will get squared.  It didn’t.  The wrong choice in hindsight, but the right choice if the ball had been squared. 

Oh i Agree it was totally on Matip , just when you see him throw his hat it while Matip is closing in ,it is a bit annoying. We wouldn't even be talking about it had Sturridge just controlled a simple pass, he did the same thing alater in the game but we got away with it. These small lapses that other teams seem to get a way with are killing us at the moment. 

Offline ANFIELDGATES

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1497 on: October 4, 2017, 11:11:07 pm »
I'd say entirely Matip's fault not more mate. People simply like to make Lovren blameworthy.
does anyone here believe lovren is getting more stick as he wasnt a klopp buy?Matip for me has been as bad at times but its always lovrens fault when we concede.Matip isnt as good as i thought hed be and hes a bit too casual aswell.As for questioning why we let sakho go, well just look at his performance last week vrs the mancs,shocking stuff.

Offline James Boyd

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1498 on: October 4, 2017, 11:20:19 pm »

At no point was there any chance that it would be squared. The other Newcastle player was miles behind. He might not stop the goal, but he should have made an effort to get back.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2017, 11:22:43 pm by James Boyd »

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1499 on: October 4, 2017, 11:47:21 pm »
Cruel tweet I read from a Liverpool supporter but couldn't help chuckle  ;D

"How come he never misses any of our game but get to miss Croatias? This is totally unfair ffs
5:41 PM - Oct 3, 2017"
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Offline gloves

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1500 on: October 5, 2017, 02:57:34 am »
^^ not sure if its been discussed but I have no clue why Mignolet is starting so deep when the centre backs are playing so high and the ball is where it is

If I remember correctly on seeing that replay from behind Mignolet's goal he was on the edge of his box but backed off a bit on seeing the situation. At least that's how I remember it. The annoying thing is that Joselu had so little confidence that if Matip hadn't gotten back there's a good chance that our keeper saves it or at least makes it difficult for him so that he delays in shooting (which he had done anyway until Matip recovered).

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1501 on: October 6, 2017, 08:36:57 am »
People simply like to make Lovren blameworthy.

He manages that pretty well himself.

For me, if they read the game properly, they take a step up and he's miles offside.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1502 on: October 6, 2017, 10:07:17 am »
Strange thing to say.

Surely the central defensive pair is never supposed to allow any centreforward to bisect the line between them with nobody between him and the goalkeeper?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1503 on: October 6, 2017, 12:13:25 pm »
Baffling comnents from Klopp when he said we'd watched Davinson Sanchez numerous times and concuded he wasn't of the required level.

Watching him lately he looks to be far too aggressive and physical in the box, he seems like a walking yellow card and will give away penalties for them.
That's not saying he isn't a very competent defender, just making the point that he looked that way to me in the few games he's played since he arrived.
Although Poch might calm him down.

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1504 on: October 6, 2017, 12:15:41 pm »
Watching him lately he looks to be far too aggressive and physical in the box, he seems like a walking yellow card and will give away penalties for them.
That's not saying he isn't a very competent defender, just making the point that he looked that way to me in the few games he's played since he arrived.
Although Poch might calm him down.
So, exactly what we need? :P

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1505 on: October 6, 2017, 12:17:05 pm »
So, exactly what we need? :P

To an extent but I think he's been lucky not to have given away a pen or been sent off recently. I think our problems are more fundamental mistakes from experienced players
who you would expect more from at this level.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1506 on: October 14, 2017, 11:55:50 pm »
Guy just turns into a monster whenever Lukaku is on the pitch. It's like his goal in life is to just fuck up Lukaku's day whenever he sees him. Had to rid his pockets of him twice last season too.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1507 on: October 15, 2017, 12:03:49 am »
Fair play to him, made Lukaku look ordinary today. They were shite but they looked to him for an outlet today and Lovren constantly just cut him off and frustrated him. Got taken on out wide early on (Think Lovren always looks shaky out wide) and the chance Lukaku had was well worked by them but other than that Lovren dealt with him well

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Lovren
« Reply #1508 on: October 31, 2017, 01:57:49 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41818083

Dejan Lovren: Liverpool defender angry after 'Instagram death threat'

Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren says a "disgusting" death threat against his family was sent to him on social media.

The 28-year-old Croat was heavily criticised for his performance in the Reds' 4-1 Premier League defeat at Tottenham on 22 October.

In an Instagram story, he shared a screengrab of a private message in which the sender said they would "murder" the footballer's family.

"I cannot ignore when my family is threatened," said Lovren.

"I just can't and won't accept that."

Lovren was at fault for Tottenham's opening two goals at Wembley, and was substituted by Reds boss Jurgen Klopp after just 31 minutes.

He was set to start Saturday's home game against Huddersfield, but withdrew through injury in the warm-up of a game Liverpool won 3-0.

Before the match, Klopp compared the media reaction to Lovren's performance to people "watching an accident".

"You are the kind of people standing around with smartphones instead of helping," said the German. "I'm not this kind of person.

"Of course it's not the nicest week in Dejan's life but it's only football. People don't become a better or a worse person through making a mistake in a football game."

Croatia international Lovren has made 121 appearances for Liverpool in all competitions since joining from Southampton in a £20m deal in July 2014.

Merseyside Police are aware of the matter but say there has been no complaint.

Been a shit week for him, but I think we can atleast help him a bit when we're at Anfield, none of the groans etc. when he gets around the ball. Klopp sums it up well: "People don't become a better or a worse person through making a mistake in a football game"...

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
Re: Lovren
« Reply #1509 on: October 31, 2017, 01:59:57 pm »
Personally if I had any level of fame I wouldn't touch social media, at least under my proper name.  Would be more sensible for players to get rid. No excuse for threats but it easier for keyboard warriors to operate

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1510 on: October 31, 2017, 02:01:23 pm »
No-one should ever get a death threat for playing a football game. Fucking disgusting and that person should be hunted down and prosecuted.

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1511 on: October 31, 2017, 02:08:33 pm »
Couldn't agree more, just totally out of order to go onto social media and start sending threats, or anything to them really. I hope the police track whoever did it and take action.

That said, Klopp is right, it was like watching an accident, the problem is, with Lovren, it always feels like drink driving, an accident waiting to happen. I don't believe Lovren has the game intelligence to be a top level centre back at this club.

That said - nobody should be tweeting/facebooking him unless its either to congratulate or as a personal friend to message. He's just a footballer, earning lots of money. Nobody should feel threatened, and nobody should threaten ones family over something so trivial.

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #1512 on: October 31, 2017, 02:08:55 pm »
Repugnant.

At the end of the day football's a game. Family is life.

Must've been some unprincipled little gobshite. :wanker
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1513 on: October 31, 2017, 02:09:36 pm »
It's pretty horrible behaviour, you know that whoever it was (are there Death-Threat-Bots???) is a weasel behind the screen who wouldn't be able to look him in the eye.

Revealing things behind the scenes such as this is currently in vogue (and quite rightly), wouldn't surprise me if more footballers revealed some of the crap they get sent.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1514 on: October 31, 2017, 02:11:37 pm »
No need for this type of thing... it's cowardly and also what is the actual point? Cos he fucked up in a game? Not really worthy of a death threat now is it? We however live in an age whereby internet warriors have that ability to write stuff such as this and have absolutely no comeback whatsoever.

Personally if I had any level of fame I wouldn't touch social media, at least under my proper name.  Would be more sensible for players to get rid. No excuse for threats but it easier for keyboard warriors to operate

I think that's easier said than done in reality. Players nowadays like to be on social media as much as anyone else, and they like to have platforms to update their fans on, so they have to utilize stuff like this. It's not acceptable though for someone to utilize social media to then threaten someone, it has no place and there should be some comeback towards whichever nob jockey sent such message to him.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1515 on: October 31, 2017, 02:11:38 pm »
Unbelievable how far some people take it. I wouldn't imagine going on his instagram and calling him shit, never mind sending him a death threat. Some people need to get a grip.

Offline Koprich

• Fan categorisation police.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1516 on: October 31, 2017, 02:19:41 pm »
The person in Lovren's screenshot has already been found. Some dumb kid, presumably with a behavioural disorder to go with his immaturity.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1517 on: October 31, 2017, 02:21:36 pm »
Absolutely disgusting some people have zero sense.

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #1518 on: October 31, 2017, 02:22:01 pm »
The person in Lovren's screenshot has already been found. Some dumb kid, presumably with a behavioural disorder to go with his immaturity.

Yeah apparently he's 14. Doesn't excuse his behaviour or words but now he's exposed his family to all kinds of abuse.

Social media is an unforgiving judge.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #1519 on: October 31, 2017, 02:22:52 pm »
Yeah apparently he's 14. Doesn't excuse his behaviour or words but now he's exposed his family to all kinds of abuse.

Social media is an unforgivable judge.
:rash