Author Topic: Liverpool City Council  (Read 111650 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: Joe Anderson Mayor of Liverpool
« Reply #320 on: December 4, 2020, 07:02:04 pm »
« Last Edit: December 4, 2020, 07:08:23 pm by Pissedoffchrimbotoblerone »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #321 on: December 4, 2020, 07:03:38 pm »
He’s a waste of fucking space and an embarrassment to the City. That’s allowed isn’t it? :D

:thumbup

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #322 on: December 4, 2020, 07:05:05 pm »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #323 on: December 4, 2020, 07:09:05 pm »
He’s a waste of fucking space and an embarrassment to the City. That’s allowed isn’t it? :D

Fair comment.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #324 on: December 4, 2020, 07:37:48 pm »
Will take a brave CLP to unseat him, regardless of the outcome. He has incredible support from the unions.

Plus as has proved lately (rightly or wrongly), the Labour party's disciplinary processes are pretty toothless.

If he's charged and convicted I think they'll find it pretty easy to do

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: December 4, 2020, 08:21:13 pm »
Allegedly.

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: December 4, 2020, 08:30:23 pm »
Mad... Wonder if the building contract in question is anything to do with some kind of non-starter project, perhaps located somewhere near a body of water that is synonymous with the city?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #327 on: December 4, 2020, 08:59:29 pm »
Mad... Wonder if the building contract in question is anything to do with some kind of non-starter project, perhaps located somewhere near a body of water that is synonymous with the city?

Nah, it’s not even got an application in yet so nowt to do with that.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #328 on: December 4, 2020, 09:58:01 pm »
I did wonder why I saw some fellas throwing kebabs over the wall of Walton Jail this evening as I drove past.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #329 on: December 4, 2020, 11:07:00 pm »
Nah, it’s not even got an application in yet so nowt to do with that.
Something on the old flyover site I wonder?
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: December 4, 2020, 11:46:57 pm »
Easy to make jokes (and some of them are very funny, #chippytits trending on Twitter!) but this is terrible for the reputation of the city

Although obviously if it has merit, then it's good it's come to light as things need to change

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: December 5, 2020, 12:18:28 am »
Easy to make jokes (and some of them are very funny, #chippytits trending on Twitter!) but this is terrible for the reputation of the city

Although obviously if it has merit, then it's good it's come to light as things need to change
Yep, it's horrible for the city. It's all over the national news tonight.

If he's innocent, the sooner he's cleared, the better. If not, the sooner he's gone, the better for the City of Liverpool.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #332 on: December 5, 2020, 12:58:45 am »
Just noticed that the former deputy leader of the council in 1980s turns 73 in January, he looks good for his age does he not.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: December 5, 2020, 01:05:17 am »
Yep, it's horrible for the city. It's all over the national news tonight.

If he's innocent, the sooner he's cleared, the better. If not, the sooner he's gone, the better for the City of Liverpool.

Agree. If anything dodgy has been going on then it's fairly clear that the corruption has been going on for quite some time, and that nobody has made much of an effort to interfere with it.  That alone raises questions.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #334 on: December 5, 2020, 01:07:29 am »
A police statement said those arrested include two men, 33 and 62, both from Liverpool, on suspicion of conspiracy to commit bribery and witness intimidation.

A 46-year-old man from Ainsdale has also been arrested on suspicion of the same offence.

The other two arrested men are a 72-year-old man from Liverpool and a 25-year old from Ormskirk, who have been arrested on suspicion of witness intimidation.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #335 on: December 5, 2020, 02:39:00 am »

My first instincts too (I found out a bit late in the day, so the jokes were already trending) - we're a city that has to work so much more than we should on external perceptions, and this sort of thing is infuriatingly unhelpful.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: December 5, 2020, 02:43:55 am »
My first instincts too (I found out a bit late in the day, so the jokes were already trending) - we're a city that has to work so much more than we should on external perceptions, and this sort of thing is infuriatingly unhelpful.

You're totally right.  And I get the feeling that these individuals have used this very same perception to capitalise for their own benefit, which pisses me off even more.

Popcorn's Art

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: December 5, 2020, 02:54:26 am »

And it goes much more than idiots calling us criminals on Twitter

This is about the international reputation of a city who's mayor has just been arrested on charges of being corrupt. I don't imagine that sort of thing is very attractive to encouraging investment in the city

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: December 5, 2020, 03:25:11 am »
Think people care overly about the optics here.

If it turns out he's charged with a crime and found guilty, it's good news for the city that he's been arrested and tried - rather than criminal activity just quietly going on in the background, but not making the media.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #339 on: December 5, 2020, 07:13:53 am »
´Rumours´ have been flying around for years, and I reckon I know (and probably others here  as well) the name of at least one other of those arrested. I earned a rebuke on here one time for posting something about said rumours, and now I know why!!

Yep it´s a shocker for sure. And not just the reputation of the city, but perhaps more damagingly, the reputation of local government in general at a time when it is vital that we give political power back to localities and away from Westminster.

If it does prove to be well founded though, as others have said it is good that there will be a halt put to it and hopefully some of the more questionable wider development dealings in the city.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2020, 07:24:09 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #340 on: December 5, 2020, 10:56:44 am »
Think people care overly about the optics here.

If it turns out he's charged with a crime and found guilty, it's good news for the city that he's been arrested and tried - rather than criminal activity just quietly going on in the background, but not making the media.
And if he's innocent the PR campaign will begin - calendars with semi-naked photos of him queuing up at the chippy etc.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #341 on: December 5, 2020, 11:28:12 am »
Let the law take its course

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #342 on: December 5, 2020, 12:37:11 pm »
Regardless of the upshot of these latest arrests, Anderson and his questionable, bootlicking entourage need to go....
the image of Liverpool has been tarnished (again) and this will only serve to compound the negative perceptions - and lack of real investment that has characterised his embarrassing and bombastic regime...it's time for Liverpool to find the genuine, competent leadership it deserves..

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #343 on: December 5, 2020, 05:46:34 pm »
don't worry about this dragging the city down - as has been said, it's good that this has been found out and acted on

corrupt officials - come on guys it's like saying the grass is green

and who cares what nobheads on twatter are saying?

investors in the city will invest money if they see a good return full stop - fuck me most will step over their dying granny for an opportunity so no need to worry there

if anderson is found guilty then this city ain't going to die - over him? get real will yer

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: December 5, 2020, 06:11:36 pm »
don't worry about this dragging the city down - as has been said, it's good that this has been found out and acted on

corrupt officials - come on guys it's like saying the grass is green

and who cares what nobheads on twatter are saying?

investors in the city will invest money if they see a good return full stop - fuck me most will step over their dying granny for an opportunity so no need to worry there

if anderson is found guilty then this city ain't going to die - over him? get real will yer

I think many just find it so frustrating when a man that supposed to represent us and our best interests then, allegedly, supplies our detractors yet another stick to beat us with.

You're right though. Liverpool was around long before Anderson became Mayor, and it will be around and thriving long after he's gone too.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: December 5, 2020, 08:24:59 pm »
I think many just find it so frustrating when a man that supposed to represent us and our best interests then, allegedly, supplies our detractors yet another stick to beat us with.

You're right though. Liverpool was around long before Anderson became Mayor, and it will be around and thriving long after he's gone too.

Exactly.  It pisses me off.  On the other hand, it's not like our detractors really need a valid reason to go after us either. 

If he's found guilty then he's brought shame upon the city and disgraced his office, but it's not the first time we've been shown up by those who are supposed to be in charge.  Just infuriates me that we have to go through this again and again and again.  It's reflects badly on us as a city that this is the calibre of person that ends up in a position of authority in the first place.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: December 7, 2020, 10:57:21 am »
Exactly.  It pisses me off.  On the other hand, it's not like our detractors really need a valid reason to go after us either. 

If he's found guilty then he's brought shame upon the city and disgraced his office, but it's not the first time we've been shown up by those who are supposed to be in charge.  Just infuriates me that we have to go through this again and again and again.  It's reflects badly on us as a city that this is the calibre of person that ends up in a position of authority in the first place.
Totally agree with this.

Offline ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #347 on: December 7, 2020, 01:02:01 pm »
After he compared families' life savings to his childhood Christmas toys on that £1 house show, this is hardly a surprise.
Ye wha la.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: December 7, 2020, 04:50:10 pm »
And it goes much more than idiots calling us criminals on Twitter

This is about the international reputation of a city who's mayor has just been arrested on charges of being corrupt. I don't imagine that sort of thing is very attractive to encouraging investment in the city

Maybe its good for investment - a city where all you need to do for a planning permission is grease some hands.

Reckon it could explain the amount of insanely ugly and out of place buildings that have been given the go ahead
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: December 7, 2020, 04:57:03 pm »
I'd really like to know more about the deal that to the demolition of The Futurist now.... that's one of the few developments that seemed to go up in record time with no apparent problems? It's actually out of step with what usually happens. It's honestly ridiculous the number of construction projects that have collapsed in the city, to be picked up by someone else.

Did a lot of them go through the same guy? Seem to recall it might have been discussed on here in the past. I don't know if what Liverpool has experienced on these projects is just typical of a major city.

Popcorn's Art

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #350 on: December 8, 2020, 08:27:22 am »
corrupt deals and corrupt building projects and corrupt people go hand in hand

doesn't make the city corrupt

does london loose its appeal when the banks screw us over or there's rife corruption throughout the city? no

we are a city that is above any one person or any one thing

for fucks sake we've a dodgy slave trading past and people still flock here for the other stuff (as well as that too to be honest)

we need to look forward but we also need to look at how easily our heritage has been compromised

we had a thread about the zip wire on here - maybe that deal was/is linked to all this too

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: December 8, 2020, 09:08:24 am »
corrupt deals and corrupt building projects and corrupt people go hand in hand

doesn't make the city corrupt

does london loose its appeal when the banks screw us over or there's rife corruption throughout the city? no

we are a city that is above any one person or any one thing

for fucks sake we've a dodgy slave trading past and people still flock here for the other stuff (as well as that too to be honest)

we need to look forward but we also need to look at how easily our heritage has been compromised

we had a thread about the zip wire on here - maybe that deal was/is linked to all this too

You're right. We have to remember, though, that London's character hasn't been routinely assassinated by the media.

Popcorn's Art

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: December 8, 2020, 01:38:12 pm »
You're right. We have to remember, though, that London's character hasn't been routinely assassinated by the media.

Might be a slight oversimplification.

It hasn't had the 'managed decline' smoking gun, although it's had a great deal of the same inequality issues - but at the same time, as with many capital cities, its firmly in the crosshairs for criticism from other parts of the country.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #353 on: December 8, 2020, 02:58:26 pm »
Yeah, but it's not like the mayor of London has ever....oh hang on.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: December 8, 2020, 05:40:50 pm »
Might be a slight oversimplification.

It hasn't had the 'managed decline' smoking gun, although it's had a great deal of the same inequality issues - but at the same time, as with many capital cities, its firmly in the crosshairs for criticism from other parts of the country.

I get what you're saying, and yes it's an oversimplification.  But oversimplification is what the media - and a lot of people who consume that media - deals with (see Brexit).  When you're the capital city, the seat of government, and plenty of well to do areas and a lot of art and culture and tourism concentrated in the area, criticism from other regions is surely water off a duck's back? 

There are a lot of deprived areas in London, but I've felt there was a bit of a disconnect - where it's part of London, but also not exactly London, if you get my meaning?

Liverpool has routinely taken shit off the media, and other regions we might expect to have more solidarity with; where our name seems to have become synonymous with negativity. 

If the two cities were people, London could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and walk away from it, whereas Liverpool could get shot in the back for walking suspiciously.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #355 on: March 22, 2021, 03:07:04 pm »
Interesting..

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/ulygzrWgmpo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/ulygzrWgmpo</a>
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #356 on: March 22, 2021, 03:13:24 pm »
Interesting..

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/ulygzrWgmpo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/ulygzrWgmpo</a>

Who was that speaking?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #357 on: March 22, 2021, 03:22:13 pm »
Who was that speaking?

Laurence Kenwright, chairman of Signature Living.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #358 on: March 22, 2021, 03:53:32 pm »
It's interesting. But he's not exactly a paragon of virtue when it comes to dealing with building developments. He's purely a 'borrow from Peter to pay Paul' developer.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: March 22, 2021, 05:53:21 pm »
It's interesting. But he's not exactly a paragon of virtue when it comes to dealing with building developments. He's purely a 'borrow from Peter to pay Paul' developer.
But isn't that the nature of the beast. They all do , to greater or lesser margins.  Nobody uses soley their own money.