Author Topic: Bars/Clubs in town  (Read 340077 times)

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Re: Bars/Clubs in town
« Reply #2280 on: December 30, 2020, 10:11:28 pm »
Does anyone know a good karaoke bar in town? I lived in SE Asia for 6 years where most places you go have it so grew accustomed to and then in love with it! My wife is Filipino and is even more into it than me but for one reason or another we haven’t been specifically for karaoke (as parents of 3 we don’t go out often so we’ll either go out with friends who aren’t into it or for a meal date). Obviously no chance to go for now but we’d be made up to celebrate exiting lockdown with a singsong that isn’t us 2 and YouTube   ;D
Believer

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2281 on: December 31, 2020, 03:08:35 pm »
My daughters mate and her family hire a room for karaoke in MBox in Renshaw Street. Doubt it will be open though.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2282 on: January 1, 2021, 11:53:02 am »
Cheers mate. Was hoping for more of an open night rather than a private room but it’s good to know that’s available
Believer

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2283 on: January 3, 2021, 07:41:04 pm »
Does anyone know a good karaoke bar in town? I lived in SE Asia for 6 years where most places you go have it so grew accustomed to and then in love with it! My wife is Filipino and is even more into it than me but for one reason or another we haven’t been specifically for karaoke (as parents of 3 we don’t go out often so we’ll either go out with friends who aren’t into it or for a meal date). Obviously no chance to go for now but we’d be made up to celebrate exiting lockdown with a singsong that isn’t us 2 and YouTube   ;D
Depending how you view places but Woodys is a karaoke bar with cheap ale and a laugh but it depends if you want upmarket.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2284 on: January 3, 2021, 11:08:10 pm »
Depending how you view places but Woodys is a karaoke bar with cheap ale and a laugh but it depends if you want upmarket.

Not fussy at all mate you should see some of the places we sang at in Asia!

Nice one, just googled it so will know where to go when things open up again.

Cheers
Believer

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2285 on: January 4, 2021, 12:17:43 pm »
Mbox is pretty decent, been there loads of times with groups of mates. They have private rooms but they did used to have a bigger open room downstairs as well with anyone in.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2286 on: January 4, 2021, 03:52:15 pm »
Mbox is pretty decent, been there loads of times with groups of mates. They have private rooms but they did used to have a bigger open room downstairs as well with anyone in.

good to know cheers, will bear it in mind when we're out of this next lockdown!
Believer

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2287 on: January 4, 2021, 04:22:27 pm »

The crocodile is the one you want.

Woodys also has a similar style of karaoke on but clientele a little more 'interesting'.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #2288 on: January 5, 2021, 01:13:53 pm »
Woodys also has a similar style of karaoke on but clientele a little more 'interesting'.

Fucking hell, do NOT go Woodys.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2289 on: January 5, 2021, 01:36:40 pm »

haha really?  How come?
Believer

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2290 on: January 5, 2021, 01:38:37 pm »
The crocodile is the one you want.

Nice one mate, just had a look on google images and it looks ideal
Believer

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2291 on: January 5, 2021, 04:24:43 pm »

Pina Colada on draught.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2292 on: January 7, 2021, 01:45:08 pm »
Nice one mate, just had a look on google images and it looks ideal

Woodys you have one or 2 very drunk men or women hogging the mic haha. It's a bit rough and the ale is poor but I would never slag it off too much!

The croc is well-organised but not too serious so you get a wide range of abilities on the little stage. God I miss town!

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2293 on: January 7, 2021, 03:41:46 pm »
Don't listen to them, Woody's is hilarious. Go to Cooper's too. 

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #2294 on: January 7, 2021, 04:32:50 pm »

Cooper's is like a throwback to One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, I was in there once with a few mates and a lad dressed in a firefighters uniform (not the helmet and tunic, but the shirt and kecks) absolutely nailed that Labi Siffre song on the karaoke, he was as good as a pro. I said "you guys do a cracking job and you're a boss singer, let me buy you a short" and he took it.
Fook me wasn't he on the front of the Echo a few weeks later as some Walter Mitty type who pretends he was a firefighter, bus driver, copper, the loon had stole a bus and collected fares off passengers hahah!!!
« Last Edit: January 7, 2021, 04:34:25 pm by AlphaDelta »
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2295 on: January 7, 2021, 04:59:07 pm »
Cooper's is like a throwback to One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, I was in there once with a few mates and a lad dressed in a firefighters uniform (not the helmet and tunic, but the shirt and kecks) absolutely nailed that Labi Siffre song on the karaoke, he was as good as a pro. I said "you guys do a cracking job and you're a boss singer, let me buy you a short" and he took it.
Fook me wasn't he on the front of the Echo a few weeks later as some Walter Mitty type who pretends he was a firefighter, bus driver, copper, the loon had stole a bus and collected fares off passengers hahah!!!

;D ;D

I was only half joking about going in there. Everyone should experience it. Proper nutty little pub with the regulars to match.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2296 on: January 7, 2021, 09:36:57 pm »
Woodys you have one or 2 very drunk men or women hogging the mic haha. It's a bit rough and the ale is poor but I would never slag it off too much!

The croc is well-organised but not too serious so you get a wide range of abilities on the little stage. God I miss town!

Haha sometimes I’m the pissed (friendly) twat hogging  the mic!

Will defo try The Croc in the first instance though, when possible.

Thanks again to everyone for the tips
Believer

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2297 on: January 7, 2021, 09:44:54 pm »

Whenever I've been in Cooper's there's a lad on the karaoke with a full Sinatra repetoire. Bit like being in Goodfellas.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2298 on: April 7, 2021, 03:46:15 pm »
Little quiz someone from somewhere put out there  :D ...illustrations of local pubs.

One is dead easy  ;D

Go 'ed then.

Edit: A few are open to question..dont have the full list.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2021, 03:50:39 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2299 on: April 7, 2021, 04:36:55 pm »
Little quiz someone from somewhere put out there  :D ...illustrations of local pubs.

One is dead easy  ;D

Go 'ed then.

Baltic Fleet - Railway? - x - Coopers - x - Dr Duncan's

Big House? - x - Ship and Mitre - x - x - The Grapes

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #2300 on: April 7, 2021, 06:50:45 pm »
Top right looks more like the 'Big House' to me ? Surely not the 'Ship & Mitre' ?!!  :o    Bottom row, to left of S&M is that Shenanigan's - and to right of S&M could be Pogue Mahone.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2301 on: April 7, 2021, 07:37:37 pm »
Will allow a little bit of time to post what I think the anwers are in case anyone else wants a go.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2302 on: April 8, 2021, 08:25:43 am »
Bottom left is the Philharmonic
Believer

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2303 on: April 8, 2021, 10:56:40 am »
Yeah bottom left defo the Philharmonic, can't believe I couldn't see that.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #2304 on: April 8, 2021, 11:37:47 am »

Woody's can be a laugh if you go in the week, weekends though it's full of beaked up aggro wools.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #2305 on: April 8, 2021, 11:38:58 am »

:lmao

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #2306 on: April 8, 2021, 01:41:34 pm »
In that pub illustration quiz above - I think that third from left top row is the Excelsior.

On second thoughts could be The Lion Tavern
« Last Edit: April 8, 2021, 02:24:38 pm by Thepooloflife »

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2307 on: April 8, 2021, 02:49:58 pm »
Answers below I believe are correct.

Spoiler
1. The Baltic Fleet

2. The Railway

3. The Lion Tavern

4. The Poste House

5. Ye Hole in the Wall

6. Dr Duncan's

7. The Philharmonic

8. Shenanigans

9. The Ship and Mitre

10. The Belvedere Arms

11. The Globe

12. The Grapes

[close]

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #2308 on: April 8, 2021, 04:06:37 pm »
Answers below I believe are correct.

Spoiler
1. The Baltic Fleet

2. The Railway

3. The Lion Tavern

4. The Poste House

5. Ye Hole in the Wall

6. Dr Duncan's

7. The Philharmonic

8. Shenanigans

9. The Ship and Mitre

10. The Belvedere Arms

11. The Globe

12. The Grapes

[close]

Ha - I got 3 right (and that includes S&M !!) ! Plus, I knew 1, 7 &  12 that others have said.  :-\

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2309 on: April 8, 2021, 07:04:44 pm »

One is dead easy  ;D

Go 'ed then.

Baltic Fleet - Railway - The Lion - Poste House - Hole in Ye Wall - Dr Duncan's

Philharmonic - Shenanigans - Ship & Mitre - Belvedere - The Globe - The Grapes

Boss little quiz that! 😎👍
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2310 on: April 14, 2021, 05:01:16 pm »
Do any of our esteemed drinkers know anywhere around Castle Street where I can pre-book for afternoon beers and food? I don't fancy this 'just walk in' because everywhere will be rammed.

Ta
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2311 on: April 14, 2021, 05:34:52 pm »
Do any of our esteemed drinkers know anywhere around Castle Street where I can pre-book for afternoon beers and food? I don't fancy this 'just walk in' because everywhere will be rammed.

Ta

What sort of food?

El Negro has extended their outside space in Exchange Flags but I didn’t think it was all that good (loads of others rave though).

Castle St itself you need the side that Ginos is on as that’s where the sun is. So you’ve got Ginos, Rudys and Castle St Townhouse. I’ve eaten at all 3 a few times and they’re all pretty good to be honest.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2312 on: April 14, 2021, 06:08:56 pm »
What sort of food?

El Negro has extended their outside space in Exchange Flags but I didn’t think it was all that good (loads of others rave though).

Castle St itself you need the side that Ginos is on as that’s where the sun is. So you’ve got Ginos, Rudys and Castle St Townhouse. I’ve eaten at all 3 a few times and they’re all pretty good to be honest.

Cheers skipper, Rudy's is a shout, I'll try that. Nice one.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2313 on: April 16, 2021, 07:50:27 pm »
Is Liverpool town centre full of hookers.in the bars pubs too? As last few times me and brv .been down for a match .a few times ave thought kopped of here ..only to be asked it will be cost me money wtf :-\?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2314 on: April 16, 2021, 08:26:19 pm »
Is Liverpool town centre full of hookers.in the bars pubs too? As last few times me and brv .been down for a match .a few times ave thought kopped of here ..only to be asked it will be cost me money wtf :-\?

Live in the centre, can’t say I’ve ever experienced that.

Then again it might be down to your over extravagant use of full stops. They must think you’re rolling in it throwing them around like that.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2315 on: April 16, 2021, 08:34:03 pm »
Honestly man .it's true sorry can't see the full stops my eyes are that bad these days.)

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2316 on: April 16, 2021, 08:47:10 pm »
Nah, I go out a lot in town and it’s no worse than anywhere else. In fact in my experience at least it’s better because I’ve never been propositioned like that here, but have in quite a few other places.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2317 on: April 16, 2021, 09:12:04 pm »
Nah, I go out a lot in town and it’s no worse than anywhere else. In fact in my experience at least it’s better because I’ve never been propositioned like that here, but have in quite a few other places.
are no worries maby it's just me  .3 times happened to me .. :-\

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2318 on: May 21, 2021, 08:52:24 am »
I had the pleasure of going back in my beloved Cross Keys after work last night, the pleasure of sitting inside a pub, not ordering all sorts of food and being allowed to sit as long as you wanted. I nearly cried haha  :'(

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2319 on: May 21, 2021, 09:14:00 am »
Live in the centre, can’t say I’ve ever experienced that.

Then again it might be down to your over extravagant use of full stops. They must think you’re rolling in it throwing them around like that.

Perhaps the ladies in question were going through their menstrual cycle?