Author Topic: Ultimate Multi Club Draft  (Read 21508 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Ultimate Multi Club Draft
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2021, 10:09:59 am »
I tried making a shortlist and got to about 8 goalkeepers and thought this is fucking pointless :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2021, 10:25:42 am »
I tried making a shortlist and got to about 8 goalkeepers and thought this is fucking pointless :D

;D

I’ll share a couple of gems I’ve found…

Ron Benson - Plymouth Argyle
Tony Hedges - York City
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2021, 10:31:29 am »
I will NOT be playing 4 4 fucking 2!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2021, 10:34:46 am »
When a player is picked and their chosen club becomes ineligible, is that just for the person picking, or for everyone in the draft?!

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2021, 10:37:34 am »
When a player is picked and their chosen club becomes ineligible, is that just for the person picking, or for everyone in the draft?!

Everyone I think!

So once Stevie is picked, no-one else could pick Trent (for example) as Liverpool would be gone. But someone could pick Robbie Fowler and use Man City as his club.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2021, 10:40:45 am »

Yeah, there's no absolutely no way I'm making a list in this. By the first round 90% of it will be gone anyway. This is definitely one to do on the fly.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2021, 10:40:59 am »
Everyone I think!

So once Stevie is picked, no-one else could pick Trent (for example) as Liverpool would be gone. But someone could pick Robbie Fowler and use Man City as his club.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2021, 10:50:06 am »
Yup, it will be gone for everyone!

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2021, 11:41:36 am »
Oh, go on. I need something to drag me away from my work hellhole for a few minutes each day.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2021, 11:42:11 am »
Ha ha. Madness. I though it would only go for that poster.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2021, 11:45:26 am »

Come on, Nick. You know you can't resist.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2021, 11:55:19 am »
176 teams is defo gonna be interesting!!

I do wonder if we should maybe open it up to any club a player has played for as long as its over 50 games (so Ronaldo would be eligible for Inter, Real, Corinthians and PSV rather than just the first two)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2021, 12:07:34 pm »
I definitely think we should but Adz seems pretty adamant that's not happening  :-X
Linudden.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2021, 12:12:07 pm »
Come on, Nick. You know you can't resist.

I’m in if required.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2021, 12:12:22 pm »
This is probably the only draft I've done where there's no point writing a huge list of players down prior to drafting. I like it and it unnerves me at once. It's basically about examining which superstars you want to nab early and who might be still eligible by being a great at a big club who have more obvious legends, but is eligible for their previous teams.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2021, 12:15:36 pm »
We’re at 16 - so are we happy proceeding with what we’ve got or are we still waiting for some people to respond / the likes of Nick to just say yes?

I definitely think we should but Adz seems pretty adamant that's not happening  :-X

I’m not adamant about anything…

I said I would prefer just the 2 club tweak but was happy to go with the majority. Lastrador said he preferred just the 2 clubs, likewise Betty seemed to hint at that too.

Some said they weren’t bothered either way. Obviously appalled has just raised this again and we know you’re keen on the any over 50s.

So again, what would people prefer? ;D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 12:17:56 pm by Adz LFC »

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2021, 12:16:58 pm »
I’m in if required.

Would take us up to 15/16 active posters if you were included :wave

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2021, 12:17:24 pm »
I’d say in for a penny, in for a pound, make it just their top two. But I say that having given no thought to how hard that could get!

Either way it’s going to be a bastard keeping on top of which clubs are excluded, especially you get into the obscure ones.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2021, 12:23:19 pm »
I’d say in for a penny, in for a pound, make it just their top two. But I say that having given no thought to how hard that could get!

Either way it’s going to be a bastard keeping on top of which clubs are excluded, especially you get into the obscure ones.

I’m adding you to the list ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2021, 12:25:14 pm »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2021, 12:28:46 pm »
Yeah defo just crack on with the majority rules (or the organiser rules!!)

Its gonna be tricky anyway so 2 top clubs for each player defo plays into the theme!

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2021, 01:10:40 pm »
I would say, it's tough as it is, so I believe it would make things a bit better if all clubs greater than 50 league apps should be open.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2021, 01:16:35 pm »
I am for running the gauntlet with top 2 only. I already don't think it's as hard as people are expecting it to be. You've just got to be willing to look past the usual suspects and go bit further back in time.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2021, 01:24:05 pm »
I am for running the gauntlet with top 2 only. I already don't think it's as hard as people are expecting it to be. You've just got to be willing to look past the usual suspects and go bit further back in time.

I'm ready to go further back in time, but as we know Rawk, those players don't get voted well.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2021, 01:25:57 pm »
Look forward to us getting this started in 2022 ;D

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2021, 01:27:34 pm »
I’ll keep a running count…

(6) Top 2 - Adz, Lastrador, Betty, Nick, Appalled, Hazell

v

(3) Any over 50 - Linudden, Poetry, Sangria

Max was in the “put me down for whatever camp”
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 02:16:09 pm by Adz LFC »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2021, 01:33:02 pm »
I'm ready to go further back in time, but as we know Rawk, those players don't get voted well.

Well, we'll all probably end up with a few of them! I don't mean the dark dark ages anyway, there are loads of 70s and 80s legends at obscure clubs.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2021, 01:35:27 pm »
So are we up and running well in time for the end of the afternoon?  :wave
Linudden.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2021, 01:37:42 pm »

I agree with this. 176 different clubs seems ridiculous but when you crunch the numbers and go through the ideas that have been posted around this draft it’s easily doable. I was originally suggesting just the single club with most appearances for as well ;D

I’ll be keeping an updated list of the selected clubs as we go to make it easier for others :wave

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2021, 01:38:20 pm »
So are we up and running well in time for the end of the afternoon?  :wave

We could be if you didn’t want to keep changing things ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2021, 01:41:41 pm »
If the first pick is Messi, that then rules out Maradona for anyone else because Barca is now off the list?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2021, 01:43:33 pm »
I’ll keep a running count…

(5) Top 2 - Adz, Lastrador, Betty, Nick, Appalled

v

(2) Any over 50 - Linudden, Poetry

Max was in the “put me down for whatever camp”

Have a feeling I'm going to be complaining about this later but in the Top 2 camp .

But whatever people ultimately decide is fine by me :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2021, 01:44:17 pm »
If the first pick is Messi, that then rules out Maradona for anyone else because Barca is now off the list?

Nope. Argentinos and Napoli are available at that point. Since Maradona is not available for Barcelona (3rd on his list) he can't be blocking the tax fraud either.
Linudden.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2021, 01:44:47 pm »
Nope. Argentinos and Napoli are available at that point. Since Maradona is not available for Barcelona (3rd on his list) he can't be blocking the tax fraud either.

Got it, ta.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2021, 01:48:43 pm »

No, you could still pick him next. Actually looking at him as an example you couldn’t pick him as Barca anyway as he made more appearances for two other clubs.

But as an example, if Maradona had Barca as his most appearances, you could still pick him after Messi by selecting him as an Argentinis Juniors player (and then no one else could pick anyone who had played for them).

Plenty of players out there with a niche second club if we do enough digging.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2021, 01:51:29 pm »

Additionally, Messi being picked would only rule out players who exclusively played for Barcelona and/or with no other clubs for more than 50 league games. So, Puyol is out of the picture. But Nadal could be picked for Mallorca who he played 100+ games with.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2021, 01:55:31 pm »
We could be if you didn’t want to keep changing things ;D

Nah crack on now mate I'd say, get the selection thread started, get the order sorted and we'll hopefully have one pick each by tomorrow evening

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2021, 02:09:17 pm »
Personally would open it up to all clubs a player's had 50+ League Apps for, as I'm not sure that changes it all too much. I'm not fussed too much either way though.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2021, 02:10:13 pm »
Yeah just let it roll off as soon as possible and see what happens  :wave
Linudden.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2021, 02:16:57 pm »
Just about to head out the door, but when I get back I’ll randomise the draft order / knockout stages with a view to starting this a bit later on then :wave

(We’ll go with the top 2 clubs unless I come back and everyone is wanting me to change it to any over 50!)