Author Topic: The 2021 Formula 1 “Gives you whinge…”  (Read 314765 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: The 2021 Formula 1 “Gives you whinge…”
« Reply #6720 on: December 3, 2021, 02:07:39 pm »
think Rosberg was leading but his car just went to pieces

soldiered on so slow he didnt even get a point

even if he won hamilton only had to finish 10th

think hamilton was 49 ahead going into race
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline 50 Pence

• Thanks to a slightly better exchange rate, he's a higher value rapper...
  • Kopite
« Reply #6721 on: December 3, 2021, 02:17:14 pm »
Tight & twisty looking track

LewIs will need to qualify and stay in front of Max if he's going to win this one I feel.... Can't see a good outcome if he has to try & overtake him on track as one of both will end up in the wall
I wish I'd be a bit more spontaneous. Sometimes I feel like going out, stealing a traffic cone, putting it on my head and saying, "Look at me, I'm a giant witch."

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #6722 on: December 3, 2021, 02:19:11 pm »
fuck knows where there's going to be any overtaking. maybe the first and last corners.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #6723 on: December 3, 2021, 03:15:18 pm »
It's Saudi Arabia so I'll presumably give it a miss.

Think Hamilton's basically won the title already anyway, that car is a missile when flat out and both tracks have long straights.
Linudden.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6724 on: December 3, 2021, 03:43:05 pm »
That track looks absolutely lethal, the entire second half is pretty much flat out but with no visibility. Looks like the Mercedes power advantage should make it easy for them but there's going to be all sorts of variables with safety cars etc.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #6725 on: December 3, 2021, 03:59:47 pm »

Think Hamilton's basically won the title already anyway, that car is a missile when flat out and both tracks have long straights.
how has won the title already when with two races to go he isnt even leading it
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #6726 on: December 3, 2021, 04:37:30 pm »
That car never breaks, it's dry weather and long straightaways. I can't see Max winning either race.
Linudden.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6727 on: December 3, 2021, 04:43:25 pm »
That car never breaks, it's dry weather and long straightaways. I can't see Max winning either race.

If Max stops Lewis getting fastest lap and then comes second this weekend, he has the lead going in to the final race.

And who knows what can happen in the final race.

I'm not sure that points on the board is ever a disadvantage.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6728 on: December 3, 2021, 04:49:45 pm »

Bookies agree with your assessment that Hamilton is more likely, but the odds are close enough that there's still good money to be had if you are that certain!
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #6729 on: December 3, 2021, 05:26:02 pm »
despite all that, verstappen can win the championship on sunday.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #6730 on: December 3, 2021, 05:41:15 pm »
That track looks absolutely lethal, the entire second half is pretty much flat out but with no visibility. Looks like the Mercedes power advantage should make it easy for them but there's going to be all sorts of variables with safety cars etc.
Not sure who thought building a street track that is apparently 75% at full throttle was a good idea. I'm honestly a bit worried about driver safety, it takes one small mistake and someone is into a barrier at full speed.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #6731 on: December 3, 2021, 05:42:13 pm »
Holy shit some actual F1 chat at last.

Can't see it happening for Max this weekend, but stranger things have happened this season!

Really hoping that it goes down to the last race, just for the spectacle. Would be a shame if it didn't if only for how much the Max v Lewis thing has rumbled on all season.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #6732 on: December 3, 2021, 06:16:47 pm »
Big shunt for Charles that. Certainly looks like a track that could cause accidents and safety car deployments on Sunday.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #6733 on: December 3, 2021, 08:28:45 pm »
Looks way too dangerous for modern F1 cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLRIO6gF_wk

(can't embed it due to it being blocked so need to watch original link)

I have a bad feeling there could be a ricochet similar to Hubert's fatal crash in particular in the case of a puncture. Another bad piece of sportswashing gone really wrong. While continuously driving for more than an hour, it could also cause nausea for the drivers due to the insane g-forces with little time to rest like Texas Motor Speedway with CART in 2001, further risking serious accidents if someone's vision gets blurry.

We'll see if the drivers make a fuss because they really ought to. The FIA really gave this circuit a sham license.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2021, 08:37:18 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6734 on: December 3, 2021, 08:46:24 pm »
Overtaking looks really difficult and likely to cause accidents. So either no over taking or risking it and endangering drivers and bringing out safety cars the whole race..either way looks like a poor race. Even qualifying could catch so many out because there are so many blind corners if your on a slow lap your going to interfere
« Last Edit: December 3, 2021, 08:48:59 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6735 on: December 3, 2021, 08:55:09 pm »
Overtaking looks really difficult and likely to cause accidents. So either no over taking or risking it and endangering drivers and bringing out safety cars the whole race..either way looks like a poor race. Even qualifying could catch so many out because there are so many blind corners if your on a slow lap your going to interfere

Why in god's name would you use a circuit with little overtaking in the second last race of the season? Max had better be sitting on pole then.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6736 on: December 3, 2021, 08:59:52 pm »
Not sure who thought building a street track that is apparently 75% at full throttle was a good idea. I'm honestly a bit worried about driver safety, it takes one small mistake and someone is into a barrier at full speed.
And if someone goes into the barrier, the guy behind them who's also going full speed is not going to see them until it's too late. Real potential for something nasty to happen.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #6737 on: December 3, 2021, 09:05:34 pm »
I’m only going with what I have read as I didn’t watch the practice sessions but if it’s that hard to overtake why fucking go there (it’s a rhetorical question, we all know exactly why they are there)? We’re stuck with Monaco and Hungry because they have been on the calendar for so long but we don’t need to add more to these. On the one hand they change the regulations to try and allow cars to race closer together but there’s no point if the circuits are making it harder.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6738 on: December 3, 2021, 09:06:17 pm »
Petro dollars, no one is immune to them, FIA taking that money over safety is no surprise.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6739 on: December 3, 2021, 09:07:16 pm »
Why in god's name would you use a circuit with little overtaking in the second last race of the season? Max had better be sitting on pole then.  ;D

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That’s why.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #6740 on: December 3, 2021, 09:10:36 pm »
There’s three DRS zones so overtaking should be possible (although I’m glad it’s not me)

This looks amazing to drive in qualifying and practice, going flat out racing to a time delta. But in the race going side by side through some of those corners looks a death trap.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2021, 09:12:54 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #6741 on: December 3, 2021, 10:50:18 pm »
Right so if I'm paying more in the country I live in are you gonna give me money back?

No, why would they? But you'd not owe a penny to the UK. The idea is to remove the attraction of tax havens.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6742 on: December 4, 2021, 03:42:11 am »
No, why would they? But you'd not owe a penny to the UK. The idea is to remove the attraction of tax havens.
The trouble is you pay tax in different ways in different countries. I don’t know about Monaco, but Dubai for example is 0 income tax, which sounds great.

However you have to pay for medical insurance and schooling, there is some form of council tax and it’s just under £1k a year for a visa. Everything you do- ID cards, driving license, car registration etc there are inflated government fees to pay. There’s a low VAT of 5%, but eat out and you pay an extra 10% service and 7% municipality fee, and that’s on top of import tax of between 5 and 50%- and almost everything is imported. Boat loads on sun tan lotion too! It does work out better here, and more advantageous the more you’re earning, so especially in the context of f1 drivers, but it’s not just 0 tax.

I also don’t use any services in the UK and don’t particularly plan on ever moving back. The idea that I’d financially tied for the whole of my life to a country that I don’t have much to do with seems mad to me.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6743 on: December 4, 2021, 03:52:13 am »
Petro dollars, no one is immune to them, FIA taking that money over safety is no surprise.

Exactly. A sporting organisation selling out to a scumbag, despot state. Hmm, where have we seen that before?  Good on Lewis for wearing the rainbow helmet again. That will stick in their throats.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6744 on: December 4, 2021, 11:40:15 am »
This track is so dangerous.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6745 on: December 4, 2021, 12:02:47 pm »
Think the safety car will need a couple of fresh sets of tyres during the race.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6746 on: December 4, 2021, 12:28:49 pm »
This track is so dangerous.

As I said earlier I didn’t see the practice sessions yesterday but I saw one of Verstappens laps on the F1 Twitter feed and it does look incredibly dangerous, there a successions of flat out corners with little or no run off and what looked like solid concrete walls everywhere. It’s a disaster waiting to happen.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6747 on: December 4, 2021, 12:33:30 pm »
As I said earlier I didn’t see the practice sessions yesterday but I saw one of Verstappens laps on the F1 Twitter feed and it does look incredibly dangerous, there a successions of flat out corners with little or no run off and what looked like solid concrete walls everywhere. It’s a disaster waiting to happen.

I looked at a video of the track yesterday and was shocked to see the lack of run off areas in certain places, it's a recipe for disaster. It just looks utterly dangerous to me and for the life of me I cannot see the attraction of it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6748 on: December 4, 2021, 12:38:12 pm »
Needless to say, the drivers love it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #6749 on: December 4, 2021, 12:51:18 pm »
it does look like fun to drive.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6750 on: December 4, 2021, 12:56:30 pm »
Needless to say, the drivers love it.

I doubt their insurance companies do!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6751 on: December 4, 2021, 12:59:17 pm »
Looks like your typical narrow, close walled, street circuit. I can see why the drivers love it.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #6752 on: December 4, 2021, 02:47:38 pm »
This track looks fast as fuck.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #6753 on: December 4, 2021, 02:53:54 pm »
Watching them is terrifying. A bit silly from Lewis driving so slowly around this track, lucky Mazepin took evasive action.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #6754 on: December 4, 2021, 02:56:02 pm »
The Alpha Tauris are up there.

Aston Martins are way down there

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6755 on: December 4, 2021, 02:57:40 pm »
Gasly had been incredibly consistent in the latter half of the season.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #6756 on: December 4, 2021, 02:59:58 pm »
Watching them is terrifying. A bit silly from Lewis driving so slowly around this track, lucky Mazepin took evasive action.

No flags on the screen in that sector. Mix of Lewis being silly and the FIA not having the flags flashing

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #6757 on: December 4, 2021, 03:06:19 pm »
Gasly had been incredibly consistent in the latter half of the season.

he's had a very good year. unfortunately he's stuck.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #6758 on: December 4, 2021, 04:02:12 pm »
hamilton called to the stewards (twice!) so he's getting a penalty.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6759 on: December 4, 2021, 04:09:44 pm »
hamilton called to the stewards (twice!) so he's getting a penalty.

Be interesting if he does given there appeared to be a lack of flags.