Author Topic: The Boys  (Read 54237 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: The Boys
« Reply #40 on: August 9, 2019, 12:54:12 pm »
There is an ex pat sheep shearing community just outside of Brisbane who speak exactly like that, mate. They all drink in the Queen Vic tavern, wear Pearly King and Queen gear on their days off, 'sing knees ap, mavver Brarn' and scoff jellied eels washed down with gallons of Fosters. That's what I use...
What made you start that group up mate? You lonely are ye?

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #41 on: August 9, 2019, 02:17:08 pm »
I'll put the bit up about the hands once i suss how to add the spoiler box, i guess it is spoiler territory like, i didnt piece it together till i watched an interview with the comic book creator and he said why.... apologies about being cryptic.. :(
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #42 on: August 9, 2019, 02:41:39 pm »

Spoiler
sussed it, ok its to do when Homelander says to Madelyn (in the last episode) that he had been creating super villains behind her back,  he had A train running around the globe injecting individuals with Compound V, when A train ran through Hughies GF he was on his way back from creating the Syrian one (seen in episode7 aka Naquib), because the official line he was on his way back from preventing a robbery, but when they checked there was no evidence of a robbery happening, a small detail but the comic creator mentioned it quite early, so foreshadowing i suppose?
[close]
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #43 on: August 9, 2019, 02:53:16 pm »
What made you start that group up mate? You lonely are ye?

I've always been interested in dialects. Dick Van Dyke was a particular hero of mine...

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #44 on: August 9, 2019, 10:24:12 pm »
Spoiler
sussed it, ok its to do when Homelander says to Madelyn (in the last episode) that he had been creating super villains behind her back,  he had A train running around the globe injecting individuals with Compound V, when A train ran through Hughies GF he was on his way back from creating the Syrian one (seen in episode7 aka Naquib), because the official line he was on his way back from preventing a robbery, but when they checked there was no evidence of a robbery happening, a small detail but the comic creator mentioned it quite early, so foreshadowing i suppose?
[close]

Spoiler
Okay, it sounded like there was something actually to do with the hands. :P I was confused, too.
[close]
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2019, 01:36:25 am »
You played my butt like Jazz

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2019, 12:48:03 pm »
watched the final 4 episodes last night.
Spoiler
no shacks abar his missus still being alive
[close]
I thought it played out well with some nice surprioses and comedy moments. The dolphin scene was so a fish called wanda, but still hilarious and the girl riding Deep whilst deep inside her and him, was a bit strange, yet kinky at the same time.

So glad there is a second series(well there had to be with that ending) and scope for more twists and turns with the additional soop's near the end, but crediable shout outs to Homelander(Anthony Starr), Hughie(Jack Quaid), Deep(Chace Crawford) and Madelyn(Elizabeth Shue) as the stand out actors and characters.

Urban did well, but fucking hell, that accent. They need to sort that out.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2019, 01:23:12 pm »

Eden Hazard doing a great job as Frenchie

;D came here to say this

I find it's best to just pretend he's Australian

That's what's amazing with how all over the place it is, since he's kiwi. He's fun though.

Got the last two to watch tonight, fucked off I can't leave work for a few hours still

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2019, 08:15:42 am »
have watched the first 4 episodes and have enjoyed it so far

episode 3 though............ what a way to go!  :mindblown

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2019, 12:13:12 pm »

I can't remember which this is, there were too many haha

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2019, 12:44:25 pm »

I can't remember which this is, there were too many haha
Spoiler
The squished head scene with Popclaw probably :)
[close]

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2019, 01:56:09 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Yep :)

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2019, 02:02:58 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

haha, forgot that was so early. that was a good'un!

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2019, 12:36:08 pm »
That was a satisfying last episode to a great first series.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2019, 03:16:32 pm »
Brilliant show. I'll go so far as to say its the best super-hero TV show out-there.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2019, 07:30:48 pm »
Brilliant show. I'll go so far as to say its the best super-hero TV show out-there.

Agreed. I generally dislike superhero shows, but this is very very good. Homelander is a great character.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2019, 08:18:08 pm »
Agreed. I generally dislike superhero shows, but this is very very good. Homelander is a great character.

He would fit right in,in the Watchmen Universe.

Fella has some serious kinks.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2019, 11:14:28 pm »

After finishing it yesterday, its certainly up there with the likes of Daredevil S1&3 & Umbrella Academy.

Wouldn't mind reading the graphic novels but wouldn't want to spoil the show despite having to wait a year till S2.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2019, 12:11:48 pm »
Binged watched the series yesterday with my gf - both of us loved it. One of the better Prime Originals so far.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2019, 05:40:11 am »
Enjoyed the whole series

But the pinnacle of enjoyment was watching the baby laser eye scene :D that was fucking brilliant :D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2019, 08:10:45 pm »
I think the best dialogue for me was Butcher at a religious festival explaining why god’s a c*nt.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2019, 09:44:23 pm »
His accent is all over the place.

Don't they play up to that on the show a few times? It felt intentional.
:D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2019, 10:01:26 pm »
I think this is a legit season 2 trailer...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=158&v=ovsct8lg36A

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2019, 10:18:04 am »
Really enjoyed this, binged it over the weekend

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2019, 11:02:58 am »
Hmmm, need to get give this a go it seems

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2019, 01:44:38 pm »
Binge watched this over the weekend. Excellent stuff and definitely one of the best available on prime at present.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2019, 08:51:13 am »
The dolphin and lobster scenes are incredible :lmao Could watch an entire series just of him trying and failing to save sea creatures

Online Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2019, 02:37:56 pm »
Thought it was great. Some brave decisions parodying real world politics, especially when they used three lines of a G. W. Bush speech almost word-for-word as Homeland dialogue. The use of evangelical Christianity by the bad guys is nicely done as well.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2019, 05:24:19 pm »
Quite enjoyed recognizing Boaz from Fauda after a couple of scenes from episode 2...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2019, 10:21:51 pm »
I 2nd that above about the baby laser scene.

I was almost in hysterics when i watched that scene.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2019, 11:30:43 pm »
I was reading about the comics its based on earlier and they are really brutal and unforgiving I guess things they couldn't do in a TV series like in the comics Starlight wasn't sexually taken advantage of she was gang banged by them all.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2019, 07:43:50 pm »
First show I've rewatched in a while, absolutely amazing, miles ahead of any other TV show I've seen lately.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2019, 02:47:08 pm »
Finished it last night, good fun.

I was reading about the comics its based on earlier and they are really brutal and unforgiving I guess things they couldn't do in a TV series like in the comics Starlight wasn't sexually taken advantage of she was gang banged by them all.

Friend I watched the last two episodes with has read the comics, he's obsessed. Keeps telling me how tame the series is in comparison to the comics!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 6, 2019, 05:21:41 pm »
Binge watched this over the weekend. Excellent stuff and definitely one of the best available on prime at present.

Agreed. This was brilliant.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 6, 2019, 06:18:21 pm »
Watched this this week. Its probably closer to reality if superheroes were actually real than the majority of superhero films :D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #75 on: September 6, 2019, 08:29:08 pm »
Enjoyed it a great deal, echoes of Robocop in some of the tearing away of cherished myths around super cops/heroes...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: September 6, 2019, 10:14:35 pm »
Out of every TV show I've watched, this is as good as any of a first series there has been. It's probably the sharpest script of a show I've seen since Breaking Bad. Yes, it's that good. The humour, tension, action. Everything about it is spot on. The characters instantly click, and the chemistry between them on screen is fantastic. You can tell some of the scenes in this were either ad lib or completely reactionary. The scene where Mother's Milk kisses his phone and Butcher and Frenchie crack up laughing in the background. You can tell that's genuine laughter, because I did the exact same thing. It's fucking brilliant. Can't wait for the second series of it already. I've dived into the comics to see if the source material has enough legs in it to keep the quality high. I'd say it can only get better from what I've read so far, even if the show does take massive departures from it, there's still enough reference material to dip into.

Enjoyed it a great deal, echoes of Robocop in some of the tearing away of cherished myths around super cops/heroes...
It's all social and political satire at it's core, just like Robocop was. Ennis was also writing Dredd around the time Robocop was being made, so it's not surprising to see where it comes from.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 6, 2019, 10:21:01 pm »
It's certainly more extreme, if not played a little for gratuitous shock value and a little unnecessary. I can see why some of it would be left out of the show, although most of it is actually for narrative and budgetary reasons rather than it being too shocking. One thing about the comic is that it's certainly not PC. There's a lot of 'F' and 'N' bombs being dropped, but not by the main characters, and never in a purely racist or homophobic context. It's still something that couldn't be included in TV show these days. Too risky.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 6, 2019, 10:36:45 pm »
Karl Urban’s ‘cockney’ accent is fucking terrible though. I’ve never read the comics but thought he was supposed to be an Aussie, until my friend told me no Butcher is a cockney. Managed to overlook it given how good the rest was, but I just don’t understand why they cast him if he can’t do a proper cockney accent, or even just a general English accent. So bad, really winds me up.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 6, 2019, 11:46:19 pm »
Doesn't matter about his accent, really. Urban in this is so watchable, that you don't notice it too much. He absolutely nails Butcher's character and mannerisms. In the comic, he's been living in America for about 20 years, and you don't get a full impression of what he actually sounds like unless Hughie is doing an impression of him. Speaking of which, Quaid's accent sounds nothing like a Glasgow accent at all.