Author Topic: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)  (Read 452547 times)

Offline btroom

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Reply #4520 on: January 19, 2022, 06:54:21 pm »
LA knight aka Eli Drake should move up to main roster. he got all the qualities to make it up there. besides he is too old for this NXT 2.0 era

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #4521 on: January 19, 2022, 07:07:19 pm »
Best gimmick account on RAWK.
Its every thread at this rate

Offline Darkness

• Tedious WUM, loves betting on Man U
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4522 on: January 19, 2022, 07:09:41 pm »
Sorry im not trolling but what's the obsession for watching 2 hours of non-stop wrestling it's not entertaining the best part has always been the build promos and characters e.t.c hell most of the stuff I rewatch from the attitude era is the non-wrestling moments, what is so appealing about watching hours upon hours of wrestling inside the ring without anything remotely interesting behind it.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #4523 on: January 19, 2022, 07:24:46 pm »

Trying so hard to get the heel heat, but the audience just aren't biting.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4524 on: January 19, 2022, 10:09:32 pm »
Trying so hard to get the heel heat, but the audience just aren't biting.

Getting about as much heat as a NXT 2.0 heel.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4525 on: January 19, 2022, 10:26:14 pm »
He’ll never get back to his PS5 scalping level. Now that was heat
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4526 on: January 20, 2022, 04:02:07 pm »
They've abandoned the Nazi name trademark. Didn't take that one too long before the bad press took over the situation completely.

Now he's just be GUNTHER until the next line of cuts.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4527 on: January 20, 2022, 05:42:38 pm »

Moxley returned last night after 3 months in Rehab. He looks so much better.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4528 on: January 20, 2022, 07:46:07 pm »
Mox looks incredible compared to when he left, good for him.  Killer promo too.

Fun Dynamite.  The Acclaimed are coming along really nicely, Hangman looked like a star and they're using people like Christian and Sting so well.  Although Sting looked proper fucked up after his splash onto the table at the end, was staggering around like a drunk uncle at the end of a wedding.

Dunno about this Cody stuff, his promo delivery is excellent, but I can do without him explicitly saying he won't 'turn heel'.  Just allude to it, don't say it out loud like that.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4529 on: January 20, 2022, 08:36:01 pm »
On the Acclaimed, Bowens has looked real real good for a while now, and Max Caster is of course the hype man and promo (rap), but Caster is also coming along very well now too. Yeah I expect some big things for them this year, it would be a somewhat rare missfire if they don't have a good year

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #4530 on: January 21, 2022, 11:46:48 am »
The Acclaimed are one of my favourite teams, sure it was Caster's raps on entry that got them noticed but they've improved a lot in the ring (Bowens especially, who has also grown a lot in personality). I'm a bit disappointed they got launched to the#1 contender spot just to get taken out by a couple of singles guys and probably drop back down the rankings again, but main eventing Dynamite is excellent exposure for a still-young team. Titles this year? Probably not. I think the Jurassic Express reign is more a test to see if Jungle Boy gets over as a believable champion and won't be too lengthy, and it feels a couple of other teams are in line first (Santana and Ortiz definitely, and Best Friends perhaps, 'deserve' runs).

But I'd love to see them join that mix of teams that get regular exposure on TV rather than months of Dark appearances. They'd make an excellent addition to a stable down the line, which could help there.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4531 on: January 23, 2022, 11:42:43 am »
Does anyone think AEW (in particular) or WWE will be doing shows in UK soon? Would love to take my Dad who watches it.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4532 on: January 23, 2022, 12:00:23 pm »
Does anyone think AEW (in particular) or WWE will be doing shows in UK soon? Would love to take my Dad who watches it.

WWE did some fairly recently.  AEW want to but will need the pandemic to calm down a lot before booking anything.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4533 on: January 23, 2022, 12:21:13 pm »

Moxley returned last night after 3 months in Rehab. He looks so much better.

Incredible transformation and his promo was superb. I know he has had a stellar career since leaving WWE, but would have loved to see him be the one to dethrone Roman Reigns in his current guise.

Important that's he's healthy now. Mainly for his wife and child, rather than a career.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4534 on: January 23, 2022, 01:00:23 pm »
WWE did some fairly recently.  AEW want to but will need the pandemic to calm down a lot before booking anything.
Ah okay. So neither this year is likely?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4535 on: January 23, 2022, 01:06:25 pm »

Maybe during the summer for AEW?  They want to run Craven Cottage.

Online John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4536 on: January 23, 2022, 01:41:50 pm »

There's rumours WWE are planning a UK stadium show in early September.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #4537 on: January 23, 2022, 02:09:29 pm »

The plan in 2020 was for Fyter Fest (their featured Dynamite in early/mid July) to be in the UK. Don't know if Craven Cottage was planned but it makes a lot of sense. I expect they'd have taken the opportunity to run a couple of house shows in a few other cities up and down the country.

So if both the UK and US recover from Omicron at a decent rate towards the summer then maybe they'll try again this year.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4538 on: January 23, 2022, 05:32:35 pm »
The plan in 2020 was for Fyter Fest (their featured Dynamite in early/mid July) to be in the UK. Don't know if Craven Cottage was planned but it makes a lot of sense. I expect they'd have taken the opportunity to run a couple of house shows in a few other cities up and down the country.

So if both the UK and US recover from Omicron at a decent rate towards the summer then maybe they'll try again this year.

Tony has always had a plan to make Craven Cottage the UK home of AEW, which makes sense since he owns it, and like how he uses the Jaguars stadium every year for Stadium Stampede.

Can see that ending up being an annual event, Fyter Fest in the UK in July (a bit like how I expect All Out to always be in Chicago pandemic allowing)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4539 on: January 23, 2022, 05:35:36 pm »
I expect they'd have taken the opportunity to run a couple of house shows in a few other cities up and down the country.

That's the hope.  Dunno if I'd be able to get down to a London show, but if they run something round my way, I'm straight on the ticket site.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4540 on: January 23, 2022, 05:38:15 pm »
If they have it as a weekend special/pre-record I will be down to going to London for it, but if it is a Wednesday I may struggle myself

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4541 on: January 23, 2022, 07:51:58 pm »

There's rumours WWE are planning a UK stadium show in early September.
Maybe during the summer for AEW?  They want to run Craven Cottage.
Cheers all. My Dad is enjoying AEW at the moment way more than WWE so that'd be the preference. Hopefully (& in general) the virus doesn't stop it coming over and normality in general.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4542 on: January 26, 2022, 03:46:12 pm »
Check out Penta vs Yuta on Dark this week, really good little match with some very nice wrestling.  Acclaimed and Gunns vs Dark Order is really fun too, mainly for the commentary.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4543 on: January 26, 2022, 06:17:20 pm »
Check out Penta vs Yuta on Dark this week, really good little match with some very nice wrestling.  Acclaimed and Gunns vs Dark Order is really fun too, mainly for the commentary.

Was just about to post this from the commentary - needless to say, I love Taz

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1486375360652578818?s=20

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #4544 on: January 28, 2022, 12:31:32 am »
https://twitter.com/BRWrestling/status/1486509141455630338

I can't find just a gif of this cutter from Sammy Guevara so you'll have to make do with a tweet including the video.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4545 on: January 28, 2022, 09:37:41 am »
That cutter, the suplex and the crossroads off the ladder were all so clean, Sammy might be a spot monkey but he's very controlled with it.

The big story was Danhausen though, great way to introduce him.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4546 on: January 28, 2022, 10:22:52 am »
That cutter, the suplex and the crossroads off the ladder were all so clean, Sammy might be a spot monkey but he's very controlled with it.

Very nice, very evil introductionhausen.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4547 on: January 28, 2022, 11:18:45 am »

Once Sammy learns the art of storytelling - and he's not awful at it, just indulged a bit - then he has levels to rise in the game. You get the impression that he can do almost anything in a wrestling ring.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4548 on: January 28, 2022, 11:34:22 am »
Once Sammy learns the art of storytelling - and he's not awful at it, just indulged a bit - then he has levels to rise in the game. You get the impression that he can do almost anything in a wrestling ring.

Yeah he's still finding his feet, character-wise.  He's a natural cocky heel and the sooner the Inner Circle disbands, the better.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4549 on: January 28, 2022, 12:26:02 pm »
Yeah he's still finding his feet, character-wise.  He's a natural cocky heel and the sooner the Inner Circle disbands, the better.

He could also be a really good face. You are right, like the rock or shawn Michaels, I think he can do the face stuff to the highest degree, but has that extra level as a heel. Those are my predictions for him anyway

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #4550 on: January 28, 2022, 02:03:14 pm »
He could also be a really good face. You are right, like the rock or shawn Michaels, I think he can do the face stuff to the highest degree, but has that extra level as a heel. Those are my predictions for him anyway

It does feel like the Inner Circle is the last vestige of AEW's 'year one' and the landscape around them has evolved quite rapidly and massively. It's long past time to split them up and make TV space for some new groups.

I've seen Sammy say before that he highly prefers playing a heel. Whether that plays into how the Inner Circle do split, I don't really know. Kingston is 100% correct that Santana/Ortiz have spent too much time involved in Jericho's battles rather than going for tag gold (which they are certainly at the level to believably win), but if that's the crux of the issue then which side are the fans going to get behind, and where does either leave Sammy (who is still wearing the jacket even if he hasn't been present recently).

And where even is Jake Hager? I don't think he's been seen since all that America Top Team crap, which was quite a while ago now.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4551 on: January 28, 2022, 02:09:08 pm »
Wonder if they'll quietly let Hager go, but that's tricky to do if they're going to make a big song and dance about the break up of the Inner Circle.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4552 on: January 28, 2022, 03:31:35 pm »
From the Observer:

John Laurinaitis called Jeff Hardy to get him back a few weeks ago, including an offer to put him in the 2022 Hall of Fame class. Hardy turned it down and asked for his drug test results because he knew he wasn’t going to test positive for recreational drugs. It took Hardy and his wife six weeks to get the results back. There is a feeling right now that this is one guy they don’t want in AEW because of the realization the Hardy Boys will be revitalized as an act given the level of teams like the Young Bucks, FTR, Santana & Ortiz, Penta & Fenix and so many others. Hardy is still under contract with WWE through 3/9 so AEW can’t make a legal offer to him, but the belief is that unless he goes back to WWE, which at this point doesn’t look like it will happen, he would be AEW bound

Really don't want the Hardyz in AEW unless it's a short program and then they're off.  Matt's got Shawn Michaels knees and Jeff can't be trusted.  At least Matt has a good mind for the business and can help out backstage at the moment, no interest in either of them wrestling.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #4553 on: January 28, 2022, 05:05:36 pm »
Wonder if they'll quietly let Hager go, but that's tricky to do if they're going to make a big song and dance about the break up of the Inner Circle.

I think he debuted on the first Dynamite so if he was given a 3 year deal then he's got 8-9 months left to run. Enough time to involve him in the breakup without too much else and then he can sit out the remainder like Brian Cage seems to be doing. As AEW don't prevent their talent working elsewhere it would be up to him if he wanted to work indie dates or do MMA stuff.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4554 on: January 28, 2022, 05:07:21 pm »
Is it true Cody wants the "Starrcade" name for AEW? I don;t think Vince would give that up.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4555 on: January 28, 2022, 10:26:47 pm »
Is it true Cody wants the "Starrcade" name for AEW? I don;t think Vince would give that up.

He's been after it for years. He's been trying to get Tony Kahn to stump up the cash

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4556 on: January 29, 2022, 10:32:27 am »
Rumble on tonight is it? I’ve massively fell off with it all, but will always watch the Rumble.
AHA!

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4557 on: January 29, 2022, 11:04:45 am »

It's a use it or lose it situation with WWE at the moment, and sometimes they let these things lapse.

And sometimes they do in fact give up trademarks, for example they allowed Cody to regain the trademark for Rhodes

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4558 on: January 29, 2022, 03:15:30 pm »
Rumble on tonight is it? I’ve massively fell off with it all, but will always watch the Rumble.

How come it's been shifted to a saturday?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4559 on: January 29, 2022, 04:36:38 pm »
How come it's been shifted to a saturday?
NFL Championship games tomorrow. Not woken up for a WWE PPV since something like 2009, might actually get up for this as it's gaining a lot of hype