Author Topic: Ozark (Netflix Series)  (Read 36751 times)

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ozark (Netflix Series)
« Reply #80 on: September 7, 2018, 02:14:11 pm »
They say Chicago politics is the dirtiest in America and the wife is totally in her element politicking in the Ozarks.

I agree on Ruth,her character he has been the best thing this season,the actress playing her has been fantastic,especially the scenes with her Prick of a Dad were riveting.

Just reading on the show last night ,i didn't realise the show was filmed in Georgia,apparently the producers chose the location for the tax breaks.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #81 on: September 7, 2018, 02:50:28 pm »
They say Chicago politics is the dirtiest in America and the wife is totally in her element politicking in the Ozarks.

I agree on Ruth,her character he has been the best thing this season,the actress playing her has been fantastic,especially the scenes with her Prick of a Dad were riveting.

Just reading on the show last night ,i didn't realise the show was filmed in Georgia,apparently the producers chose the location for the tax breaks.

Up to episode 8, in addition to Ruth, Mason has been a phenomenally-acted supporting role, very believable and rounded character in comparatively short screen-time...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #82 on: September 7, 2018, 03:32:51 pm »
Popping in just to say I love this show. I am trying to encourage people I work with to watch as it seems it hasn`t really caught on yet. I am loving this series so far with the slow darkening of Marty's mood. Reminds me an awful lot of the basic character traits and progress in Breaking Bad. Great show.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: September 7, 2018, 06:49:27 pm »

The actress who plays Ruth is great at switching between being a little kid around her Dad to a strong woman on her own terms in the workplace. Great acting.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #84 on: September 8, 2018, 07:11:01 am »
Seems like a very petty thing to pick up on given some of the other non-spoilered content in this thread.

You yourself said the show is tense and sinister. Now I know the show is going to be tense and that some of the characters are going to be sinister. Dammit.
Ok

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 8, 2018, 08:20:59 pm »
Spoiler
This series definitely gave a more sympathetic view of Jacob Snell.
[close]

Spoiler
I thought this second series does give more depth to and development of each character in the family. The son has been taking his own path towards crime, albeit copying his dad (but that’s to be expected if he’s learned his behaviour from him) while showing less reluctance than his dad. The daughter has struggled with their life and even went as far as ‘divorcing’ from her parents. Wendy has shown an increased aptitude for crime using her political talents to advance their plans, and as shown by her now wanting to stay rather than running away to exile. She has started to take over the role as head of the criminal family.
[close]
Fair enough.

Spoiler
I think their son is an interesting character they can/should expand on. It is strange that the kids go to school but seem to have no connection with the school they go, classmates, friends, teachers.

Their daughter has a connection with a kid, and is a big annoyance for me. I felt they could do a bit more with the kids.
[close]

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #86 on: September 8, 2018, 10:08:25 pm »
Popping in just to say I love this show. I am trying to encourage people I work with to watch as it seems it hasn`t really caught on yet. I am loving this series so far with the slow darkening of Marty's mood. Reminds me an awful lot of the basic character traits and progress in Breaking Bad. Great show.
Yeah, I've not met many people who've watched this. It's top quality.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #87 on: September 9, 2018, 02:27:33 pm »
Just getting into the new episodes now, 2 down. This is a quality series, the pale girl with curls is brilliant.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2018, 03:04:09 pm »
I'd say this is the best Netflix original I have seen so far - certainly in terms of a drama.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #89 on: October 8, 2018, 11:08:10 am »
Just a quick tip.

Once you have watched season 2, go back and watch season 1 again. I just did it and it was great to recap the early episodes but also to see some early hints at character and plot development.

It also made me crave a third season...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2018, 05:49:29 am »
I'd say this is the best Netflix original I have seen so far - certainly in terms of a drama.

forgetting Narcos?  ;D

I'm 3 episodes in, hooked already.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2018, 06:00:45 am »
Seen both the seasons, loved every bit of it. Waiting for the 3rd season to arrive. Quality performances by both the lead actors.  The man and woman playing the hillbilly couple were pretty believable too.

Best drama i have seen on Netflix after bloodline and Animal Kingdom. 
Phuk yoo

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2018, 01:04:37 pm »
This show is brilliant.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2018, 08:56:52 pm »
Seen both the seasons, loved every bit of it. Waiting for the 3rd season to arrive. Quality performances by both the lead actors.  The man and woman playing the hillbilly couple were pretty believable too.

Best drama i have seen on Netflix after bloodline and Animal Kingdom. 
Jacob Snell is Peter Mullan — Scottish actor https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0611932/

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2018, 06:11:06 am »
Jacob Snell is Peter Mullan — Scottish actor https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0611932/

I could've sworn he was a legit hilbilly going by his accent! Incredible how good some of these actors are at picking up accents and personas...

Loved the guy playing the teenage son too as well as the old dude inhabiting their basement...
Phuk yoo

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2018, 09:38:46 am »
I could've sworn he was a legit hilbilly going by his accent! Incredible how good some of these actors are at picking up accents and personas...

Loved the guy playing the teenage son too as well as the old dude inhabiting their basement...
Yeah, Mullan's hillbilly accent is so good. It's a little cartoonish in some respects but it's a fine study.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2018, 11:03:42 am »

I thought he was excellent in Westworld too.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2018, 11:10:08 am »

Brilliant actor. Recommend Tyrannosaur to anyone, grim viewing but Mullan is great.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2018, 11:22:49 am »
He was great in Quarry as well but the fuckers canceled it after just one season.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2018, 11:30:53 am »
He was great in Quarry as well but the fuckers canceled it after just one season.

I heard that's why Dave5516 left RAWK, in furious protest at Quarry being cancelled ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2018, 11:44:59 am »
Just finished the second season.  Really good, quality tele.  I thought the the episode where...

Spoiler
Darlene Kills Jacob was brilliantly done, with the use of Wichita Lineman at both the beginning an the end of the epsiode, to the conflicting backdrops and the way that they themselves were presented something of a masterstroke
[close]

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2018, 03:04:57 pm »
Brilliant actor. Recommend Tyrannosaur to anyone, grim viewing but Mullan is great.
Superb film - upsetting in places. The scene when the husband returns home from the pub an Olivia Coleman is asleep. That really unsettled me.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2018, 03:36:41 pm »
I thought he was excellent in Westworld too.

Genuinely just realised that it’s the same person. Wow, and.. Thank you!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2018, 05:48:23 pm »
Fucking hell what an ending to season 1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2018, 04:08:44 pm »
Petty is one fucked up individual.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2018, 07:12:06 pm »
Loved this. Really fucking loved this series. Roll on series 3.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2018, 07:43:38 pm »

I bet you didn't know he played Swanney in the film Trainspotting.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2018, 07:44:40 pm »
Loved this. Really fucking loved this series. Roll on series 3.

Me too. Best thing on Netflix.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2018, 08:31:41 pm »
Me too. Best thing on Netflix.

The amount of people I've recommended this to is crazy. I still don't think enough people are talking about this!
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2018, 09:02:35 pm »
I bet you didn't know he played Swanney in the film Trainspotting.

But did you know he was Peter the Warlock in Rab C. Nesbitt?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2018, 09:34:01 pm »
But did you know he was Peter the Warlock in Rab C. Nesbitt?

No, I didn't, but I do now.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2018, 09:35:13 pm »
No, I didn't, but I do now.

I didn't until I imdb'ed him :P
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2018, 09:42:15 pm »

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 1, 2018, 08:41:01 pm »

Tyrannosaur is a belter of a film. Very, very good.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2019, 10:01:54 am »
So Of course very late as usual to this party. Just thought it would be worth the mention though. The unexpected outcome of watching Episode 1 is it has converted me to Radiohead. The use of Decks Dark from Moon Shaped Pool made me listen to the whole album, where I have previously admired them without managing any emotional involvement, this just clicked, and as soon as the album ended, I started it again, something I had not done since my teens I suspect. Will be checking out the back catalogue from now on as well.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2019, 05:39:44 pm »
So Of course very late as usual to this party. Just thought it would be worth the mention though. The unexpected outcome of watching Episode 1 is it has converted me to Radiohead. The use of Decks Dark from Moon Shaped Pool made me listen to the whole album, where I have previously admired them without managing any emotional involvement, this just clicked, and as soon as the album ended, I started it again, something I had not done since my teens I suspect. Will be checking out the back catalogue from now on as well.
About bloody time on Radiohead. ;)
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 7, 2019, 03:27:38 pm »
Does the second half of S2 pick up? I struggled to get into it after loving S1
cyas

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #117 on: May 7, 2019, 03:45:05 pm »

Yup
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 7, 2019, 06:07:00 pm »

I thought the same, started quite well but dipped in the middle but picked upon the last 3 or so episodes.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: March 7, 2020, 05:18:50 pm »
Season 3 is out on March 27th. :scarf

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oNDTOy5bU_4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oNDTOy5bU_4</a>