Author Topic: Peaky Blinders - Season 5 - 25th Aug 2019 9pm - BBC1  (Read 59133 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Peaky Blinders - Season 5 - 25th Aug 2019 9pm - BBC1
« Reply #400 on: February 15, 2022, 11:17:38 am »
Back next Sunday 27th.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: February 15, 2022, 11:52:27 am »
Back next Sunday 27th.

Lift the league cup then Peaky's at night.  Lovely stuff

My lad worked as a runner on this last series.  He seems to think his name will be in the credits but not sure yet.  He says Paul Anderson (Arthur) is a top bloke in real life.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: February 20, 2022, 12:04:15 pm »
Never watched this. Put the first episode on there and have no idea what accent anyone is trying to use.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #403 on: February 20, 2022, 01:00:28 pm »
Never watched this. Put the first episode on there and have no idea what accent anyone is trying to use.

Yep that's true. First season is pretty bad for dodgy brummie accents

Keep watching I guess? There is more to it...  ;D

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #404 on: February 20, 2022, 01:40:13 pm »

I wasn´t a big fan when I first watched it. Think I got 3-4 episodes in and then just kind of trailed off. Felt more style over substance, and I also didn´t like the use of modern music for the 20s period (because I´m a fussy fucker!!). And yeah I also found the poor accents a turn off. Tried again a year later and same thing.

Then for whatever reason I thought I´d give it another go last year and got really into it. Watched them all. It´s not my favourite ever show, but it has lots of good moments and I find the time period fascinating.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: February 20, 2022, 03:18:59 pm »
I don't know if the accents improved as the actors got used to em or I just stopped noticing, but yeah, it seems a barrier but it does go away!

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: February 21, 2022, 08:07:45 pm »
Series six

27th Feb

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: March 5, 2022, 10:05:04 am »
Enjoyed the first episode on it's return.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: March 5, 2022, 10:42:10 am »
Enjoyed the first episode on it's return.

Yeah me too.

Although, Arthur contributed fuck all to the episode!!  Sort him out Tom!! :)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #409 on: March 5, 2022, 10:46:51 am »
That shot of him lying in the mud was beautiful.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: March 5, 2022, 12:00:34 pm »
That shot of him lying in the mud was beautiful.  :D
It was good wasn't it. They've always made it visually appealing

Yeah me too.

Although, Arthur contributed fuck all to the episode!!  Sort him out Tom!! :)
Tommy returning to England should help that ;D Think there will be more Anya Taylor Joy this season.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: March 5, 2022, 02:59:31 pm »
I really, really disliked season 5 and even by season 4 I was kind of losing interest but I have kept watching and am pleased to say I enjoyed a lot of the first episode of season 6. The show is much better when Tommy is at the bottom fighting up. The stuff in previous seasons with him becoming an MP and mixing with politicians/Mosley etc was crap.

The show will miss Polly/Helen though - the other female characters don't hold up.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #412 on: March 9, 2022, 01:53:44 am »
It was good wasn't it. They've always made it visually appealing

.Tommy returning to England should help that ;D Think there will be more Anya Taylor Joy this season.

Man that chick bugs me, I hope she’s just a great actress. But her eyes are weird as...
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #413 on: March 9, 2022, 08:39:31 am »
Man that chick bugs me, I hope she’s just a great actress. But her eyes are weird as...

She's a brilliant actress, Couldn't stand her character in Peaky Blinders but I think that' the point. She was brilliant in the Queens Gambit, Morgan, The Witch etc.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: March 9, 2022, 09:42:57 am »
The show is much better when Tommy is at the bottom fighting up. The stuff in previous seasons with him becoming an MP and mixing with politicians/Mosley etc was crap.

I assume you haven't watched episode 2 yet then? :(

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #415 on: March 9, 2022, 09:57:26 am »
In the last few seasons before polly died I don’t think they knew what to do with her. For some reason and I don’t know why they did this, they seemed to be focusing / caught up in the whole #metoo movement and every scene she was in was like a grand entrance like that war battle scene in Avengers Endgame when all the women Superheroes walk into shot. All the women in this show are strong characters anyway so was a bit of a mess. All a bit try hard. Her character was one of my faves up until that point but I’d say they didn’t really give her anything to work with like the earlier seasons. Arthur’s basically finished in this an all. He’s doing nothing of note and hasn’t for a while
« Last Edit: March 9, 2022, 09:59:29 am by Capon Debaser »

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: March 9, 2022, 10:00:01 am »
In the last few seasons before polly died I don’t think they knew what to do with her. For some reason and I don’t know why they did this, they seemed to be focusing more on #metoo and every scene she was in was like a grand entrance like that war battle scene in Avengers Endgame when all the women Superheroes walk into shot. Her character was one of my faves up until that point but I’d say they didn’t really give her anything to work with like the earlier seasons. Arthur’s basically finished in this an all. He’s doing nothing of note and hasn’t for a while

Agreed on Arthur, the whole Linda thing does my head in too.

I only really like Alfie Solomon and Tommy now, I have enjoyed the first 2 episodes although I'm not quite sure whats going on ;D

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #417 on: March 9, 2022, 10:06:11 am »
Agreed on Arthur, the whole Linda thing does my head in too.

I only really like Alfie Solomon and Tommy now, I have enjoyed the first 2 episodes although I'm not quite sure whats going on ;D
Im glad
Spoiler
Michaels been locked up. Can’t fucking stand the shit muzzied little twat
[close]
  ;D

Not a fan of Solomon to be honest. Can’t fucking stand Hardy. Taylor Joys weird in this an all. I’m usually a fan. Still enjoying it like  ;D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #418 on: March 9, 2022, 04:08:16 pm »
I watched the first and thought it was OK. Lost interest during the second series as it got more daft.

Whenever I've caught the odd 15 mins in subsequent series, I'm baffled and glad I bailed.

Saw some of the episode this week with him meeting some American fascist, with Cillian Murphy talking about being close to Churchill, and just chuckled.

Just how many sharks have been jumped across the whole show?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: March 9, 2022, 04:09:53 pm »
Agree with Capon and everything stated above. My favourite series was the one with the Mafia involved even though it was over the top it was entertaining.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: March 9, 2022, 05:33:22 pm »
In the last few seasons before polly died I don’t think they knew what to do with her. For some reason and I don’t know why they did this, they seemed to be focusing / caught up in the whole #metoo movement and every scene she was in was like a grand entrance like that war battle scene in Avengers Endgame when all the women Superheroes walk into shot. All the women in this show are strong characters anyway so was a bit of a mess. All a bit try hard. Her character was one of my faves up until that point but I’d say they didn’t really give her anything to work with like the earlier seasons. Arthur’s basically finished in this an all. He’s doing nothing of note and hasn’t for a while

The guy who played John Shelby left because “it’s Cillian’s show” and he felt his character was just going nowhere.

I’ve only just started watching. I found the whole Churchill storyline ridiculous, but I understand they needed something more than a Birmingham bookies. Also, why were they speaking Romanian in the first series? Did they just assume Romany people speak Romanian?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: March 9, 2022, 06:08:37 pm »
I only watch now because the missus likes it, find it a bit over the top with the slow-mo shots and close-ups.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #422 on: March 9, 2022, 08:32:10 pm »
If ever a show was style over substance it’s this ….It’s a load of over the top baffling overacted scenes and that one with Tom Hardy, I mean what the fuck was that all about ..I wish I’d bailed years ago but the missus watches it so I do too..

My nephews and nieces love it even though I try and fail to get them to watch The Sopranos …Maybe one day when they get older they’ll watch a bonafide classic series about gangsters

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: March 10, 2022, 03:56:30 pm »
Totally agree with most of the last few posts from Capo et al

Episode 2 the other night was arguably the worst episode across all series.    It seems to be seriously missing a super villain, unless something happens quickly or this Jack Nelson guy steps up in the nasty stakes.  We were spoilt with bastards like CI Campbell, Billy Kimber, Father Hughes, Luca Changretta and even Alfie Solomons as series 1-4 Antagonists.

Mosely the despicable bounder and a cad in series 5 and 6 is all well and good but unless the producers seriously rewrite history then we all know full well that Oswald Mosely will not get his deserved comeuppance and in fact lives to a ripe  old age sunning himself in France.

I want to see that Jimmy McCavern from the Billy Boys gang back.

May as well finish it now like.  We've all come this far.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: March 14, 2022, 10:46:38 am »
The silence in here is deafening.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: March 14, 2022, 01:15:31 pm »
Its very very 'meh' at this point. Only good bit from last nights episode was
Spoiler
the American completely ignoring Mosely
[close]

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: March 14, 2022, 01:24:16 pm »
The dialogue is fucking terrible, in the little meeting they all had, the words 'I've done a bit of research on you' was repeated 3 times to lazily get around characters knowing stuff about other characters without reason.

Such a common theme over the last few years to see brilliant TV Shows turn to shit in the final season or two.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #427 on: March 14, 2022, 01:28:08 pm »
Thought the first two episodes were decent

I reckon that Tommy would have deffo bumped Arthur off by now but..

Spoiler

The only thing saving Arthur are the flashbacks and fits that Tommy is having himself - otherwise Arthur would be toast I reckon

[close]
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: March 14, 2022, 01:38:12 pm »
my sisters partner is playing one of Isaiah's cousins, not much speaking but pretty cool to get on the show.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #429 on: March 14, 2022, 02:06:40 pm »
Dont know what the fuck that was. A mess that.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #430 on: March 14, 2022, 02:07:27 pm »
my sisters partner is playing one of Isaiah's cousins, not much speaking but pretty cool to get on the show.
Nice one :D

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: March 14, 2022, 02:38:53 pm »
The dialogue is fucking terrible, in the little meeting they all had, the words 'I've done a bit of research on you' was repeated 3 times to lazily get around characters knowing stuff about other characters without reason.

Such a common theme over the last few years to see brilliant TV Shows turn to shit in the final season or two.

I honestly didn't think it could (or would) get worse than episode 2.  I was wrong

Last nights episode was nothing short of atrocious. 

I'm obviously not going to pack it in after 5.5 series, but Jesus they are going to have to pull off the kind of comeback only LFC are accustomed to.

The ultra-violent street gang known as the Peaky Blinders is now being strategically run and ordered about by Ada Thorne-Shelby. That's after her lecturing a notorious Boston gangster and giving lip to one of the most eloquent and influential politicians of the time.  Operation "Box ticking exercise" complete.  I suppose if you drop the F-Bomb enough, your good to go.

They'd have been better bringing Esme back to Birmingham to kick some ass if that's the route they insisted on taking.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: March 14, 2022, 03:03:22 pm »
Yeah I had (false) hopes after S6E1 was decent in parts, but its become a bigger mess than ever during the last episode. As someone said above, the show has always been about style over substance but now there is no substance whatsoever. Obviously with only 3 eps left I will stick it out but I can't wait for it to end.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #433 on: March 14, 2022, 03:06:10 pm »
I've only seen 1 and 2 from this series.

After reading that, not expecting much from ep. 3 :D

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: March 14, 2022, 03:13:14 pm »
I've only seen 1 and 2 from this series.

After reading that, not expecting much from ep. 3 :D

Sorry mate, I should have stuck some of my post in spoiler tags but I honestly feel it wont spoil the episode.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #435 on: March 14, 2022, 03:34:51 pm »
Sorry mate, I should have stuck some of my post in spoiler tags but I honestly feel it wont spoil the episode.

:)

No worries. My missus has enough problems keeping up even if she had the completed script.

I don't understand the decision..

Spoiler

To stick Tommy on that island with the build-up and the potential for all sorts of deeply involved plots, actions and reactions - when the next thing to happen was for him to fuck off to Boston then tail it come again.

If the Island meant that little then why even the meeting, the fight, the comrade from the war and the rest of it?

I'd have watched that story as the gangster who drank and fought and killed turned into a shadowy real underworld figure that on the surface was respectable.

I'm also a bit confused with the four year gap and him coming straight back as an MP (Unless I'm missing something)

It's like those four years were a different four years in an alternate reality

[close]

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: March 14, 2022, 05:00:40 pm »

I'm hoping they have a reason to be introduced, otherwise another weird scene that doesn't really give anything to the show

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #437 on: March 14, 2022, 05:07:43 pm »
I honestly didn't think it could (or would) get worse than episode 2.  I was wrong

Last nights episode was nothing short of atrocious. 

I'm obviously not going to pack it in after 5.5 series, but Jesus they are going to have to pull off the kind of comeback only LFC are accustomed to.

The ultra-violent street gang known as the Peaky Blinders is now being strategically run and ordered about by Ada Thorne-Shelby. That's after her lecturing a notorious Boston gangster and giving lip to one of the most eloquent and influential politicians of the time.  Operation "Box ticking exercise" complete.  I suppose if you drop the F-Bomb enough, your good to go.

They'd have been better bringing Esme back to Birmingham to kick some ass if that's the route they insisted on taking.

I think that's a bit over the top.  :D It's not like Ada has never covered for Tommy before, they are probably the closest considering Arthur spends most of his time off his head. She's never been slow to stand up for herself in a number of situations on other series.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 09:08:45 pm by jillc »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: March 28, 2022, 11:28:40 am »
Thought last nights episode was one of the best in a long while. Loved the scene between Tommy and Duke.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: March 28, 2022, 12:28:24 pm »
I'm convinced Duke is a plant.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill