Author Topic: It's always sunny in Philadelphia  (Read 55000 times)

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: It's always sunny in Philadelphia
« Reply #160 on: August 1, 2013, 03:25:47 pm »
Article about the new season. http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/07/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-comic-con-2013-panel/

There's going to be an episode written by Benioff and Weiss, who write Game of Thrones, bizarrely! And, best news ever, a Lethal Weapon 6!

Offline Ben J

• Legacy Fan
  • You Win or You Die
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2013, 01:15:39 am »
Started watching this recently, probably up with Peep Show as my all time favorite modern comedies.  Haven't hit a run of bad episodes yet, the odd one or two which makes me chuckle instead of double over with laughter but on the whole it's incredibly consistent.

Currently at the end of Season 6, some crackers: The Halloween episode (Mac seeing Dee as an ostrich in his flashback), Jason Sudeikis, Dee giving birth (and the mad coke party) and just the whole damn Christmas episode is amazing.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2013, 10:00:41 am »
Only in the middle of season 3 and can't believe I didn't get into this sooner.

Knew about it but never took the plunge, so glad I did.

Wasn't sure about DeVito's introduction but he's excellent, last episode I saw was 'In Love With a Priest' - boss.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Ben J

• Legacy Fan
  • You Win or You Die
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2013, 02:11:25 pm »
DeVito is quite weird as, for me, he makes the show without being the best or funniest character.  He just gives the rest of the gang so much to work with that it allows them to be so much better.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #164 on: September 8, 2013, 09:17:08 pm »
Its back on peeps. You can get episode 1 of the new series at your usual places.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: October 9, 2013, 09:34:08 pm »
What're we thinking of the new season so far then?

Honestly i'm still finding it consistently funny, I keep all the episodes in a file on my desktop and must knock out about 2-3 re-run eps a day, definitely one of my favourite shows of all time.

The third ep of the new season where they were having digs about never having won an award was one of the best yet for me, Charlie's song after he escapes from the basement? i musta re-watched it 10 times and still laugh as much as the first time i saw it.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #166 on: October 9, 2013, 09:38:11 pm »
Country Mac was a god damned angel
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #167 on: October 9, 2013, 09:38:30 pm »
What're we thinking of the new season so far then?
Flattering to deceive for me, but I think I'm just a bit tired of the gand. I'll stop watching this new series now and pick it up sometime in the future.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2013, 10:25:32 am »
Flattering to deceive for me, but I think I'm just a bit tired of the gand. I'll stop watching this new series now and pick it up sometime in the future.
Yeah, I did the same before watching this season. I'd stopped watching for a while until I really wanted to and I've really enjoyed it again.

Loved Country Mac. That and the broken Dee episodes were really good. Dennis in the Dee episode was so weird and good. I love when Dennis is weird because its not the normal quirky weird, he's properly weird.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2013, 11:29:22 am »
The new season was disappointing until 'Country Mac', which was brilliant.

Spoiler
I Was nearly crying with laughter during Mac's Karate competition
[close]

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2013, 02:09:53 pm »
A bit late, but if you've not watched The Gang Saves The Day yet, get on it. It's the 100th episode, and is incredible. The funniest episode since the Lethal Weapon spoof I reckon. Won't say anymore for fear of spoilers (it's best to go in blind).

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2013, 03:10:22 pm »
A bit late, but if you've not watched The Gang Saves The Day yet, get on it. It's the 100th episode, and is incredible. The funniest episode since the Lethal Weapon spoof I reckon. Won't say anymore for fear of spoilers (it's best to go in blind).
I thought it was just okay. Spent most of the episode waiting for Charlie.

By the way, theres an episode coming up this season called 'The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6'.  :D

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2013, 03:14:13 pm »
I stopped watching after season 4 - sacrificed it as I was watching far too many shows.

Randomly downloaded season 9 eps out of boredom the other day and was surprised to see that the show is still pretty funny.

It's definitely back on my watch list.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 03:17:46 pm by Roopy »

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2013, 04:09:11 pm »
I thought it was just okay. Spent most of the episode waiting for Charlie.

By the way, theres an episode coming up this season called 'The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6'.  :D

I thought the same, the first bit went on way too long.

The latest episode was really good, Frank was brilliant as usual. The show isn't as offensive as it used to be and is a bit more strange, but still really funny.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2013, 04:46:48 pm »
Season 9's been the best season for a while imo.

Fucking love this show.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2013, 09:54:23 pm »
Enjoyed the Flowers for Algernon piss-take this week.

Have to agree it's been an excellent season
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:21:13 am by filopastry »

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2013, 11:17:34 am »
Only discovered this in the last week or so and it is the best hangover tele ever. I lay on the sofa yesterday and watched the entire first series while hating myself.

I can see this fast becoming my favourite programme, am i right in thinking the last series was in 2012? Are there plans to make any more?

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2013, 11:26:41 am »
Only discovered this in the last week or so and it is the best hangover tele ever. I lay on the sofa yesterday and watched the entire first series while hating myself.

I can see this fast becoming my favourite programme, am i right in thinking the last series was in 2012? Are there plans to make any more?

Series 9 is currently airing in the states (and obviously 'available' the morning after).  After a slowish start it's really hitting it's mark, the last three have been brilliant.  From what I gather, there will be a season 10.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2013, 12:50:57 pm »
Series 9 is currently airing in the states (and obviously 'available' the morning after).  After a slowish start it's really hitting it's mark, the last three have been brilliant.  From what I gather, there will be a season 10.

Excellent, i've seen up to series 8 is on Netflix. My hangovers are well catered for for the foreseeable future.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2013, 06:54:21 pm »
Clip of this weeks ep here:

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/sunny

The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6. :D
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 2, 2013, 01:11:56 pm »
Lethal Weapon 6 was awesome, I wouldn't mind a feature length version to be honest.  Really found it's form again.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: November 2, 2013, 01:28:46 pm »
Just looking at Dee had me laughing for minutes, so wonderfully offensive.

Offline Jimmy10Men

• Legacy Fan
  • California......Here we come!
« Reply #182 on: December 3, 2013, 01:09:24 pm »
I started watching this a couple weeks ago and am halfway through Season 5. Fabulous stuff. Full on rapist / Intervention. Glorious. Season 4 & 5 in particular have had me rolling on the floor.

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2014, 06:43:49 pm »
Came across this on netflix, having raced through arrested development to about halfway through s4, needed a break and oh my days, how the hell did I arrive to this party so late, too many funny moments to mention now, every episode makes you laugh but be prepared the show consists of the most obnoxious, want to win at all costs regardless of the situation people you should never associate with in real life. Rude, crass, insensitive, politically incorrect and utterly Hilarious, this is highly recommended.

I'm on s3, just watched the dance off episode...

Technology has failed me
I'm off to grind a homeless guy
There's enough cough medicine in there to kill a gorilla, Charlie.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2014, 02:09:35 am »
LOVE IT when someone discovers this programme. You always get a glowing review of it. Recommended it to quite a few people who also love it too. Just amazed at how it hasnt been picked up in the UK. Bravo showed the 1st series donkeys ago, and that was it.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2014, 07:33:14 pm »
Don't know if anyone else has seen the bloopers for this show, some really funny moments, so funny that I nearly cried.

Looks like that link didn't work, sorry.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f218/its-always-sunny-philadelphia-seasons-outtakes-season-2-7-a-1848705/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:05:46 am by rafa4eva »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2014, 01:09:08 pm »
LOVE IT when someone discovers this programme. You always get a glowing review of it. Recommended it to quite a few people who also love it too. Just amazed at how it hasnt been picked up in the UK. Bravo showed the 1st series donkeys ago, and that was it.
Only started recently but WOW. Absolutely amazed by the show and I'm into season 9 already. Very, very dark and some delicious bad taste humour but deceptively clever with it.

Dennis Reynold's (I don't know how to put this) 'predatory' side has had me in tears so many times. Two specific moments stand out (Spoilered just in case) -
Spoiler
When he offers to 'frame bang' the lawyer's wife so as to frame her of infidelity and he fails to see the further darker connotations of the act. And his 'implications' talk with Mac when they buy a boat.
[close]
So dark and I find myself a bit worried and disgusted at how funny I find it, but then I just keep laughing anyway. Love the show.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2014, 01:13:11 pm »
Only started recently but WOW. Absolutely amazed by the show and I'm into season 9 already. Very, very dark and some delicious bad taste humour but deceptively clever with it.

Dennis Reynold's (I don't know how to put this) 'predatory' side has had me in tears so many times. Two specific moments stand out (Spoilered just in case) -
Spoiler
When he offers to 'frame bang' the lawyer's wife so as to frame her of infidelity and he fails to see the further darker connotations of the act. And his 'implications' talk with Mac when they buy a boat.
[close]
So dark and I find myself a bit worried and disgusted at how funny I find it, but then I just keep laughing anyway. Love the show.

Hahaha, oh yes, another convert :D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2014, 01:29:53 pm »
I'm also very much a fan of Mac's homo-erotic tendencies, which were just explicitly put forward by the Gang in Country Mac. Always talking about 'tacking on mass' or 'cultivating mass.' The scenes with him and Rex are just excellent as well.

And Dee's gagging. So many little things.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2014, 01:44:27 pm »
As you say mate, there so many things. Its just fantastic. Have you watched The League?

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2014, 09:37:15 pm »
As you say mate, there so many things. Its just fantastic. Have you watched The League?

I love it always sunny and started watching the league a couple of months ago.  It's decent but a bit to annoying and no where near as good as this show.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2014, 09:42:46 pm »
The gang go to the Jersey Shore episode ins one of my favorites.

The two hobos banging under the pier haha. Amazing show.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2014, 11:04:22 pm »
I love it always sunny and started watching the league a couple of months ago.  It's decent but a bit to annoying and no where near as good as this show.

Nowhere near as good, maybe not, but close in my eyes. Rafi is an amazing character.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2014, 08:58:54 pm »
Nowhere near as good, maybe not, but close in my eyes. Rafi is an amazing character.

To many crap ideas (bobbum man being the best example) however 100% agree on Rafi, love the episodes he is in.

Offline Jimmy10Men

• Legacy Fan
  • California......Here we come!
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2014, 09:21:00 am »
Taco is an absymal character in that.

The League is decent....but not on the same level as Philadelphia. Not close either, for me.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 09:22:43 am by Jimmy10Men »

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #195 on: May 1, 2014, 09:11:34 pm »
Did you fuck my mum Santa Claus?
In tears of laughter when I watched, brilliant that.

It's always Sunny consistently makes me laugh. The interaction makes it so good, you can have any 2 of the 5 characters together and they're always hilarious together.

Sweet Dee is amazing too, easily the funniest female character I've encountered.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2014, 09:15:11 pm by Popcorn »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #196 on: May 1, 2014, 10:49:40 pm »
In tears of laughter when I watched, brilliant that.

It's always Sunny consistently makes me laugh. The interaction makes it so good, you can have any 2 of the 5 characters together and they're always hilarious together.

Sweet Dee is amazing too, easily the funniest female character I've encountered.

Yup. It amazes me that Sky/BT/Terrestrial TV havnt picked this up. The amount of shite American 'comedys' they do show ::)

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 14, 2015, 11:10:40 am »
Back tonight Stateside, should be 'available' in the morning.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #198 on: January 14, 2015, 12:24:10 pm »
Awesome, thanks
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #199 on: January 14, 2015, 02:03:12 pm »
Boss.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.