Author Topic: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU  (Read 329094 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU
« Reply #3560 on: December 9, 2018, 04:45:54 pm »
The news James Gunn movie I am shocked DC let them get away with it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LQ-vR4k9vkQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LQ-vR4k9vkQ</a>

Ultraman origin story, nice.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3561 on: December 10, 2018, 03:34:31 pm »
I still watch Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legends...all of them because of OCD. Even if you gave up on them, the Elseworlds crossover between Arrow/Flash/Supergirl that started last night is easily accessible, and started with a cracking episode, well worth a watch.

It’s out Wednesday I think. Looks shite to me.

It came out in China this past weekend.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 04:22:28 pm by Brain Blissed Selection Box? Quality Street my arse. »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3562 on: December 10, 2018, 07:07:45 pm »
Am I the only one who has been watching Titans ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3563 on: December 10, 2018, 10:24:19 pm »

I watched the first few episodes, it started well but then just slowed down a bunch, I'll probably go back to it once the first season is nearly finished.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3564 on: December 11, 2018, 02:01:07 am »

I have it bookmarked will watch it when the series is finished so I can binge watch it then........ if it keeps my interest.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #3565 on: December 11, 2018, 09:56:57 am »

Think its coming to Netflix soon if i'm not mistaken? Its got a pretty high score on imdb but I know to take their ratings with a pinch of salt. So what do you think of it so far?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3566 on: December 11, 2018, 05:46:46 pm »
Think its coming to Netflix soon if i'm not mistaken? Its got a pretty high score on imdb but I know to take their ratings with a pinch of salt. So what do you think of it so far?

Enjoying it mate,a couple of episodes are slow but that's because they're introducing the characters and their backstories.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3567 on: December 12, 2018, 11:00:45 pm »
Saw Aquaman today. Tidy.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #3568 on: December 13, 2018, 04:25:28 pm »
Aquaman is an enjoyable film. Draws on all sorts of influences, from Tron to Flash Gordon, with a bit of Indiana Jones and a touch of Lord of the Rings. When you bring so many pieces together you generally end up with something that really stands up on its own merits, or a total mess. Happy to say Aquaman is the former.

There are a few issues, but the design and ambition of the thing make it very difficult to dislike. Momoa throws himself into it with gusto and you feel like you're being taken along for the ride. It's not Wonder Woman, but definitely a positive addition to the DCEU slate.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3569 on: December 15, 2018, 03:25:00 pm »
I have it bookmarked will watch it when the series is finished so I can binge watch it then........ if it keeps my interest.

Oh you'll love it,made for binge watching & Minka Kelly is just WOW.

Only 2 episodes left.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3570 on: December 16, 2018, 06:21:03 am »
Aquaman is an enjoyable film. Draws on all sorts of influences, from Tron to Flash Gordon, with a bit of Indiana Jones and a touch of Lord of the Rings. When you bring so many pieces together you generally end up with something that really stands up on its own merits, or a total mess. Happy to say Aquaman is the former.

There are a few issues, but the design and ambition of the thing make it very difficult to dislike. Momoa throws himself into it with gusto and you feel like you're being taken along for the ride. It's not Wonder Woman, but definitely a positive addition to the DCEU slate.

Said that to my missus - the costumes and campiness was certainly very Flash Gordon (The Film) and the effects in Atlantis very were Tron-like.

They've picked and sorted through a lot of ideas to come up with a camp actual comic book story.

I'd say the only downside was just how invunerable everyone was. Stabbed with a giant trident? Run it off. Dropped into lava? Flesh wound.. Head exploded? A couple of band aids and a lie down and you're sorted mate.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3571 on: December 21, 2018, 12:23:11 am »
Aquaman is an enjoyable film. Draws on all sorts of influences, from Tron to Flash Gordon, with a bit of Indiana Jones and a touch of Lord of the Rings.

Glad you mentioned Indiana Jones. I got that vibe at certain parts too. 

You have to be a gamer to get this, but I also got a massive 'Uncharted' deja vu about the movie.

Just back from a 3D IMAX screening.  Loved it.  Visually stunning as you'd expect and SO much fun.  Didn't get bored for 1 minute and came out of the cinema with a smile.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #3572 on: December 21, 2018, 03:45:30 am »
Think Aquaman was superb

Better than Avengers for me.Enjoyed every minute

An i fucking loved Avengers

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3573 on: December 21, 2018, 06:07:18 am »
Really enjoyed Aquaman, got the Mosasaur action Jurassic World 2 didn't deliver!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3574 on: December 21, 2018, 09:45:12 am »
The Aquaman Soundtrack is pretty cool too

'Its no Good' by Depeche Mode.  Forgot how good that track was.  And Roy Orbison's 'She's a Mystery to me' is a beautiful song.

Also, the closing credits song is really good and I was wrongly convinced it was the female vocalist from Eminem's 'Love the way you lie".  I now know it was Rihanna with Eminem on this track.   

The closing track on Aquaman ('Everything I need') is sung by Skylar Grey who actually wrote Eminem's 'Love the way you Lie'!!

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #3575 on: December 23, 2018, 02:54:16 am »
Saw this again today and the 2 films(franchises) it reminds me of the most are LOTR and Star Wars.

The sounds/efx etc are reminiscent to me of the 2nd trilogy of star wars movies as are the graphics(Like on the clone planet where Boba Fett is in)

The armour and the fight scsnes later in the film remind me of Sauron/Saurons mouth and the battle scsne were the King takes the ring,chopping off Saurons hand...The score(not the normal pop stuff) is very very similar to that of LOTR

When we are introduced to Patrick Wilson the music is very similar to that of when we see Saruman and the Uruk Hai.Basically theyve just played the same music

People see Neon an think off Tron but its Star Wars for me

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #3576 on: December 23, 2018, 02:58:09 am »
Basically,Patrick Wilson looks like a shiny Lord of the Nazgul in his get up

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3577 on: December 24, 2018, 07:42:21 pm »
Just watched Aquaman didn't feel it at all, the humor was really clumsy , the love interest plot was just embarrassing  and unfunny and the soundtrack really got on my nerves.

A very disappointing film.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3578 on: December 28, 2018, 12:37:04 pm »
Aquaman was alright but they went too big for their first film - where do you go next with the character? It had a million ideas in it and was about 4 different films crammed into one.  I liked it and enjoyed it when it was world building and exploring the characters but the action scenes just existed to be action scenes and started to drag after a while with little attention paid to what was happening in favour of the visual spectacle.

The pop song soundtrack was absolutely appalling and dated the movie immediately which was a shame because some scenes had this awesome synth score.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 12:44:14 pm by wampa1 »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3579 on: January 15, 2019, 06:54:08 pm »
Watched Titans on Netflix. Pleasantly surprised by it. It's not Daredevil, but it doesn't try to be. Still a lot more substance to it than all the Arrowverse stuff. And some fun surprises, too.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #3580 on: January 15, 2019, 09:11:27 pm »
Can we talk about the comics here, or just the TV side of things? Because I got "Batman: White Knight" by Sean Murphy over Christmas. And its really, really good. Well recommended.
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3581 on: January 15, 2019, 09:27:24 pm »
Watched Titans on Netflix. Pleasantly surprised by it. It's not Daredevil, but it doesn't try to be. Still a lot more substance to it than all the Arrowverse stuff. And some fun surprises, too.

I enjoyed it,was a lot darker than I expected it to be & it got a 2nd season.

Looking forward to the spin off "Doom Patrol"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 09:29:36 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3582 on: January 15, 2019, 11:13:56 pm »
Can we talk about the comics here, or just the TV side of things? Because I got "Batman: White Knight" by Sean Murphy over Christmas. And its really, really good. Well recommended.

I quite liked it too, although they jerk off Joker way too much these days IMO.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #3583 on: January 16, 2019, 11:14:43 am »
I quite liked it too, although they jerk off Joker way too much these days IMO.

In what way do you mean?

Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3584 on: January 16, 2019, 04:19:36 pm »
In what way do you mean?

In every comic he's the smartest toughest coolest genius ever. It's insane.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3585 on: January 16, 2019, 05:11:16 pm »

He sounds like me.

• Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #3586 on: January 16, 2019, 10:10:11 pm »

Yeah, I get what you mean. I guess because he is the main villain, but to keep the air of supremacy (for want of a better word) they probably should use him less.

Have you seen Batman Ninja? They all end up in feudal Japan, yet all the villains only get a piece of the action because Joker allows it.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #3587 on: January 30, 2019, 05:26:55 pm »
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/matt-reeves-batman-film-will-noir-tale-rogues-gallery/

Things have been awfully quiet on the Batman front, with Planet Of The Apes director Matt Reeves preferring to keep working on the script rather than offer constant updates. But now in a career profile interview with The Hollywood Reporter, he's talking more about what is still – at least for now – known simply as The Batman.

"It's very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale," Reeves tells the trade mag. "It's told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it's going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It's more Batman in his detective mode than we've seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He's supposed to be the world's greatest detective, and that's not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I'd love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it's going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation."

The Dark Knight, of course, will need crimes to investigate, and Reeves has plans on that front too. "There will be a Rogues Gallery. The casting process will begin shortly. We're starting to put together our battle plan. I'm doing another pass on the script and we'll begin some long-lead stuff to start developing conceptual things."

Reeves is mum on the casting for Batman himself – so we still don't know whether Ben Affleck will be back in the cowl. He also shoots down the idea that this new Bat-tale will have to tie in with any wider DECU framework, which, given the heavily mixed reactions to the crossovers, seems smart right now.

Finally, when can we actually expect to see the movie itself? "We haven't been dated. I wouldn't commit to this, but we're thinking the movie would probably be for 2021, late spring or summer. Warner Bros. has been incredibly supportive and given me a lot of time and shared the same passion that I do for this story." For more from Reeves, head to The Hollywood Reporter.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3588 on: January 30, 2019, 05:36:15 pm »
Sounds good. If Affleck doesn't do it I wonder who is left out there that hasn't played a superhero?

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3589 on: January 30, 2019, 05:39:02 pm »
Sounds good. If Affleck doesn't do it I wonder who is left out there that hasn't played a superhero?

Is that essential? Can see Warners just throwing cash at Robert Downey Jr.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3590 on: January 30, 2019, 05:45:27 pm »
I'd love John Hamm in the role, he could easily pull off the duality of the character. But, if Affleck is out as possibly being too old, that rules out Hamm.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #3591 on: January 30, 2019, 06:18:56 pm »
Id love to see someone like Sharlto Copley play Batman.

Everyone will probably say hed be good as a baddie but hes such a good actor id like to see him as Bruce Wayne

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3592 on: January 30, 2019, 10:20:19 pm »
I'd love John Hamm in the role, he could easily pull off the duality of the character. But, if Affleck is out as possibly being too old, that rules out Hamm.

They'd have to digitally alter the imprint of his cock out of every scene, way too expensive.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3593 on: January 31, 2019, 12:09:02 am »
probably a black female character will get the part. maybe trans too, seems to be the way things are going. i think it would be inspirational myself.....
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 12:10:33 am by PROPER crazyemlyn72 »

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #3594 on: January 31, 2019, 12:16:13 am »
probably a black female character will get the part. maybe trans too, seems to be the way things are going. i think it would be inspirational myself.....
Were they a white male pre op?

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3595 on: January 31, 2019, 12:34:06 am »
Were they a white male pre op?

no. it hasnt actually happened yet. but if it can happen in ghostbusters.....

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3596 on: January 31, 2019, 09:16:56 am »
Has anyone else been watching the new Young Justice? Doesn't really seem to have the focus of the other series and the new regulars aren't really doing it for me, but it is still watchable and they had a guest appearance from Doom Patrol in a dream sequence. See if you can recognise the voices:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/__abCwptZyQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/__abCwptZyQ</a>

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3597 on: January 31, 2019, 11:57:07 am »
Affleck has confirmed he won't be returning for The Batman.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3598 on: January 31, 2019, 02:00:22 pm »

Yes. I cant remember the last film I saw with a white man in it  ::)
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

• Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #3599 on: January 31, 2019, 02:15:06 pm »
Affleck has confirmed he won't be returning for The Batman.

Pity, as I actually quite liked him as Batman.