Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12264424 times)

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #99281 on: March 29, 2019, 12:26:18 am »
Saturday morning 11 am...Everton v LFC U18's.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #99282 on: March 29, 2019, 04:50:30 pm »
Bobby Adekanye is not happy and looks like he will be leaving.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-transfer-news-bobby-adekanye-barcelona-lazio-jurgen-klopp-video-willem-ii-a8841951.html
This is too bad, but better for his development if there is no path to playing time. I like young Bobby.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline MotownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #99283 on: March 29, 2019, 05:09:39 pm »
Way out west now..lol

Been here 50 years... :o

Retirement or you moved out young!!!!

Offline Floop

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #99284 on: March 29, 2019, 05:25:22 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1111673483430449152

Brewster played the first half of an u23s friendly today and scored twice.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99285 on: March 29, 2019, 05:32:09 pm »

Great news

Hopefully no reaction to 45 mins

Get more minutes in next game

Exciting prospect

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99286 on: March 29, 2019, 06:07:10 pm »

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99287 on: March 29, 2019, 06:24:28 pm »
Good to see. This lad looked destined to be a top prospect before getting injured. Lets hope he can pick up where he left off.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #99288 on: March 29, 2019, 06:49:20 pm »
Does anyone know when his recovery is set to be completed? What kind of contribution, if any, do you think he'll have next season? I haven't really seen much of him to be honest, but he's really highly rated and seems like a really good lad so really hope he can succeed here.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99289 on: March 29, 2019, 07:03:20 pm »
Does anyone know when his recovery is set to be completed? What kind of contribution, if any, do you think he'll have next season? I haven't really seen much of him to be honest, but he's really highly rated and seems like a really good lad so really hope he can succeed here.

He just needs to get his head down now, train hard, play the few remaining U23 games and get ready for pre-season. Use pre-season to show Klopp he can make a useful contribution next season.

Oh and not get disheartened when we inevitably buy another attacker in the summer, there will be games enough for both next season. Mane/Salah/Bobby will definitely need more rest next season.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 07:13:24 pm by blacksun »

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99290 on: March 29, 2019, 07:17:02 pm »

Hard to see him having much contribution to the first team next season. With our front 3 and the fact that we'll more than likely be looking to add attacking depth in the summer. Never know though!

Think the important thing for him is to stay healthy, get stronger and keep his head down and work hard.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99291 on: March 29, 2019, 07:56:06 pm »

Excellent news.

Top prospect

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99292 on: March 29, 2019, 08:01:45 pm »
Hard to see him having much contribution to the first team next season. With our front 3 and the fact that we'll more than likely be looking to add attacking depth in the summer. Never know though!

Think the important thing for him is to stay healthy, get stronger and keep his head down and work hard.

If it's 3 from 5 then could see him getting a semi-decent amount of minutes.

In a 50 game season that's 13,500 total minutes across the front 3. If you have 4 getting 2,500 then it still leaves 3,500 to split between others.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #99293 on: March 29, 2019, 08:12:21 pm »

If he takes his chances when he gets game time, he could end up being a really decent backup/rotation option.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #99294 on: March 29, 2019, 08:36:06 pm »
It’s his comeback... but he’s obviously waaaaaaay above that level...

Let’s hope his potential has been reached..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99295 on: March 29, 2019, 09:58:32 pm »
Retirement or you moved out young!!!!

Mum was from Sessions Road, Kirkdale. Dad was in the USAF stationed at Burtonwood.. Moved to the States when I was almost 7.

I'm the same age as King Kenny.. ;)

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #99296 on: March 30, 2019, 11:50:07 am »
1-0 at half time. Decent game. Looked like we struggled without Glatzel's presence at first. We seemed to grow into it despite their late flurry of chances.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 12:14:00 pm by Bincey »

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #99297 on: March 30, 2019, 12:35:44 pm »
This ref is going to cost us. Denied us a penalty and ignored a bad follow through tackle and then gave them a foul following a good tackle!!

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99298 on: March 30, 2019, 12:52:44 pm »
U 18's

FT

Everton 0-1 Liverpool

Liverpool joint top of the table with Derby County to play later today.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99299 on: March 30, 2019, 02:55:32 pm »
Will face spurs or arsenal in the u18 playoff if we top the north section. Theyve scored 71 and 72 goal in 18 and 19 games respectively. Not sure how much is them being great and some of the other teams being really shit.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 03:01:51 pm by Chris~ »

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99300 on: March 30, 2019, 05:40:03 pm »
Liverpool Echo reporting that we have signed (yesterday) Ben Winterbottom as a goalkeeper to compete with Jaros (not likely) or to cover for him when he is injured.  He’s 17, 18 in July so equivalent yo a young second year U18.  That still leaves a gap with no goalie in year one of the U18s, who will still play in that age group next year, so presumably we will be open to playing Winterbottom down an age group or otherwise relying on whoever is coming up through the U16s.  Oscar Kelly must be one of those since he has been on the bench for Jaros for most of the season.  Pointless playing Jaros down an age group next year, but we’ll have to free up some U23 time.   Someone, probably more than one, will have to go out of shamal George, Dan Atherton, Ben Williams (if he is still with us), and Kai.  I had hopes for Shamal at some point but he doesn’t seem to have done anything on his loans. 

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99301 on: March 31, 2019, 03:22:30 am »
DALLAS, Texas (Wednesday, Mar. 27) –  The Dr Pepper Dallas Cup, the oldest and most prestigious international youth soccer tournament in the United States, has announced the matchups for 2019’s opening day triple-header at Cotton Bowl Stadium, along with the brackets for the twelve teams that make up this year’s Gordon Jago Super Group. The Super Group participants include top academies from seven countries and features three former Super Group champions. Eight of the twelve teams are currently in first or second place in their respective academy divisions.

The Dr Pepper Dallas Cup’s 40th Anniversary Tournament kicks off on April 14 with a full day of soccer action at the historic Cotton Bowl Stadium. The marquee game of the opening day triple-header is a matchup between the Premier League’s Liverpool FC and defending Super Group champion Tigres at 6:30pm. The day will start at 12:30pm with first-place FC Dallas squaring off against La Liga side Villarreal CF, also in first place in Spain’s División de Honor Juvenil. At 3:00pm, Liga MX’s CF Monterrey will hit the pitch against current U18 Premier League leader Arsenal FC. The annual “Welcome World” Opening Ceremonies and Parade of Nations, featuring all 244 Dr Pepper Dallas Cup 40th teams, will start at 5:00pm.  Ticket prices for the opening day triple-header range from $15 for adults to $5 for youths 13 and under. Tickets are available at www.dallascup.com.

Group A

Liverpool FC (England)

Tigres UANL (Mexico)

Ikapa Sporting FC (South Africa)

New York City FC (USA)

Notable Group A Facts: Liverpool FC is making their first trip to the Dallas Cup since winning the Super Group title during their lone appearance in 2008. The Reds’ academy team is currently in second place of the North division in the U18 Premier League, while the senior side sits atop the Premier League table. Defending Gordon Jago Super Group champion Tigres hopes to become just the fifth team to repeat as champions of the Super Group. The Mexican side currently sits in first and second place of the senior and U20 Liga MX standings, respectively. Hailing from South Africa, Ikapa Sporting is the first African side to compete in the Super Group since 1999 (Jomo Cosmos). 2017-2018 U.S. Soccer Development Academy U18/U19 national champion, New York City FC, hopes to make a strong tournament debut in the 2019 Gordon Jago Super Group. The academy’s success has rolled into the 2018-2019 USSDA campaign, as they currently sit in first place of the Northeast Division.

Group B

Arsenal FC (England)

CF Monterrey (Mexico)

Toronto FC (Canada)

Real Salt Lake (USA)

Notable Group B Facts: 2018 Gordon Jago Super Group runner-up, Arsenal FC, will make their third Dallas Cup appearance this spring. With the 2018-2019 U18 Premier League campaign underway, the Arsenal U18 side currently sits atop the South division. CF Monterrey has the most Dallas Cup championships all-time, but is still seeking their first Super Group title. Rayados currently sit in third place of the 2019 Liga MX Clasura standings. The 2019 Dr Pepper Dallas Cup will mark Toronto FC’s fourth Super Group appearance. The Canadian side is currently in second place of the Mid-America Division for the 2018-2019 USSDA season, and are unbeaten in their last nine games, scoring a whopping 41 goals during that span. Currently in second place of the USSDA Southwest division, Real Salt Lake is set to make their fifth Super Group appearance. The MLS academy side will replace Brazil’s Cruzeiro, who will not be able to participate due to scheduling conflicts with domestic cup play.

Group C

Villarreal CF (Spain)

Queretaro FC (Mexico)

Red Bull Brasil (Brazil)

FC Dallas (USA)

Notable Group C Facts: Making their Dallas Cup debut, La Liga’s Villarreal CF will vie to become the first Spanish Super Group champion since Real Madrid’s back-to-back titles in 1993 and 1994. The Spanish side is currently in first place of Group VII of the 2018-2019 División de Honor Juvenil, the top level of Spain’s youth soccer system. The 2019 Dr Pepper Dallas Cup will mark Querétaro’s third Gordon Jago Super Group appearance in the past four years as they hope to become the second consecutive Mexican side to win the prestigious title. Red Bull Brasil returns to the Dr Pepper Dallas Cup for the third consecutive year after debuting in the tournament in 2017. FC Dallas is the only MLS academy to hoist the iconic Super Group “Boot and Ball” trophy, a feat they accomplished in 2017. The local side is in first place of the Frontier Division for the current USSDA season, scoring a league leading 60 goals in 18 matches.

====================================

Our U19's will have the  hardest match first with Tigres who won this last year. And the first side of Tigres also won the LigaMX. So these are not going to be easy.

Btw..all Refs are FIFA Internationally qualified and come from multiple countries.

To win this, you'll play 5 matches in 8 days.  :o :o
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 03:25:56 am by 4pool »

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99302 on: April 1, 2019, 12:36:12 pm »
Did I read somewhere that Camacho and Jones will have 1 year left on their contracts from this summer? I guess if they don't sign extensions they won't be going out on loan.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99303 on: April 1, 2019, 01:01:48 pm »
Did I read somewhere that Camacho and Jones will have 1 year left on their contracts from this summer? I guess if they don't sign extensions they won't be going out on loan.
Yes. Longest first deal they can sign is until the end of the season they turn 19. Camacho should already be looking for a loan/move in the summer. Jones the same depending on assurances/transfers.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99304 on: April 1, 2019, 10:42:01 pm »
Out of interest, up to what age can you sign a player out of a transfer window and still get them registered to play for you.  I’m referring to Ben Winterbottom who seems to be a permanent signing rather than an emergency loan like we had for the Fulham England youth goalie we had for the semi final of the FA Youth cup?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #99305 on: April 3, 2019, 10:51:11 pm »
BBC were reporting that Paul Glatzel has scored a hattrick for Heidenheim in their 5-4 DFB Pokal loss to Bayern Munich. I rushed in here to see if the lad had made an unexpected loan that I hadn’t heard of. A quick google later and it’s Robert Glatzel they’ve got on their books, not the name dropped Paul.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #99306 on: April 6, 2019, 12:32:24 pm »
When are these two games in a day being played? I think U18 and U23

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99307 on: April 6, 2019, 12:53:25 pm »
When are these two games in a day being played? I think U18 and U23

Seems to be today - U18s against Wolves, it's 0-0 at half-time (the game started at 12) and the U23s against Chelsea starts at 3.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99308 on: April 14, 2019, 12:17:17 pm »
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Joe Gomez and Rhian Brewster start for Liverpool U23s in their Premier League 2 clash with Leicester City this afternoon.

The first-team trio are set to take another step forward in their respective recoveries from injury by playing in the tie at the King Power Stadium, which kicks off at 1pm BST.

Rafael Camacho, Curtis Jones and Ben Woodburn also feature for Neil Critchley’s team.

Stay logged on to Liverpoolfc.com for a match report from Leicester later on Sunday.

Liverpool U23s: George, Gomez, Lewis, Hoever, Johnston, Coyle, Camacho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Brewster, Woodburn, Jones.

Substitutes:
Christie-Davies, Atherton, Masterson, McAuley, Gallacher.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/345862-oxlade-chamberlain-gomez-brewster-liverpool-u23s-leicester

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99309 on: April 14, 2019, 12:43:53 pm »
Great looking side that with Camacho and Woodburn just a passing mention and the Hoever not mentioned at all!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #99310 on: April 14, 2019, 12:46:14 pm »
A shame they are not covering the under 23 game, would have been a good watch. Good luck to all the returnees.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99311 on: April 14, 2019, 01:13:37 pm »
Brewster scores in the 6th minute.  Good start then

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99312 on: April 14, 2019, 01:19:16 pm »
A shame they are not covering the under 23 game, would have been a good watch. Good luck to all the returnees.

Andy kelly @andyk_livnews, who is watching for the Echo, says you can Watch if you register with lcfc

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #99313 on: April 14, 2019, 01:22:46 pm »
Woodburn penalty, after Brewster fouled in the box.
AHA!

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #99314 on: April 14, 2019, 01:34:42 pm »
Just registered and got the game, just missed Curtis Jones' 3rd grrr.

Their kit looks like Chelsea, a similar three goals up before half time would suit me fine  8)

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #99315 on: April 14, 2019, 02:13:45 pm »
I tell you what, we have a big number of youngsters who could potentially go on to really good things

We're up to 5-0 by the way lol
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 02:20:08 pm by [new username under construction] »

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #99316 on: April 14, 2019, 03:17:52 pm »
0-6 FT

Men against boys really.

Brewster 2
Camacho 2
Woodburn (Pen)
Jones

Camacho may claim a hat-trick, not sure if Brewster's second was over the line before Camacho bundled it in.

Joe Gomez looked good and it was an AOC piledriver that the keeper couldn't hold for Brewster's first.

Jones brilliant going forward but lost concentration a couple of times to let Leicester in.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #99317 on: April 14, 2019, 03:40:58 pm »
Good news, thanks Redsnappa
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #99318 on: April 14, 2019, 03:42:47 pm »
Brewster made one goal with a bone crunching 50:50 challenge.

Looked really really sharp.

He’s pretty much ready for the bench now.  Could he make an impact? Chamberlain is too far away, but Brewster......?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99319 on: April 15, 2019, 07:36:04 am »
Our u19 side lost 4-2 in the Dallas cup overnight sadly.  Given yesterday’s result for the firsts, I don’t think I’m too disappointed.   :)

They play again today.