Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’  (Read 20335 times)

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’
« Reply #640 on: April 14, 2024, 08:52:16 pm »
Second half ok.  Should have won by 2 or 3 goals.  All still to play for though we are going to have to start converting chances. Hope City and Arsenal both progress midweek and have two head to heads.  Also think Arsenal are best chance of eliminating City.

As for us Gakpo looked decent as did Elliot.  Would like us to start with the finishing 11 today.  Still all to play for on Thursday and it is a free hit with the pressure off.  Get through and it will be one hell of a pick me up.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #641 on: April 14, 2024, 08:52:28 pm »
Well. That was fuckin grim and no mistake. I think it's maybe just dawned on some of these players that Klopp is off in a few weeks, because the arse has fallen out of them..................bit of a mad team selection again as well (has Jurgen gone a bit de-mob happy?)....never want to see that midfield starting again ever. ........Jones, Salah, Endo, Nunez, Diaz all simultaneously, hopelessly at sea......great to see Ali and Diogo back on the pitch though....and had to rub my eyes to make sure it was Gakpo with the speed/skill/determination/fight.....so all's not lost on that front.

All we can do is march on.....need to go to Atalanta aiming from the off to score 5 goals (not even the 4 that we need)......give it fuckin everything - the way Atalanta did last Thursday - and flip the upended, effed up season back on its feet.....a glorious comeback would have the side feeling ten feet tall - and ready for the challenge of hunting City down........unlikely maybe, but lets be honest who had both LFC and Arsenal losing at home today?. Its not over until Susan Boyle is gargling TCP.

Up the Reds
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: April 14, 2024, 09:02:05 pm »
Second half ok.  Should have won by 2 or 3 goals.  All still to play for though we are going to have to start converting chances. Hope City and Arsenal both progress midweek and have two head to heads.  Also think Arsenal are best chance of eliminating City.

As for us Gakpo looked decent as did Elliot.  Would like us to start with the finishing 11 today.  Still all to play for on Thursday and it is a free hit with the pressure off.  Get through and it will be one hell of a pick me up.

Well fair fucks to you dude ! Skipped the previous 17 pages. I'm heartbroken after today. We weren't good in the first half but gave it everything in the second half. I won't blame anyone, any individual, they are not stupid, they know what was at stake. Gonna stay away from all analysis for a couple of days.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #643 on: April 14, 2024, 09:02:16 pm »
My one little moan from today about the team selection is not playing Elliott from the start. He's the only one at the moment (maybe Gakpo also) who looks like they'd run through a wall for the cause and has the talent to produce something.

Thought Elliott for Jones was an obvious earlier sub to make as well, although the injury just after half time didn't help. Arguably should have got the nod at half time over Dom as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: April 14, 2024, 09:12:07 pm »
Conceded first 21 in 32 league games alone. A problem we haven't addressed
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #645 on: April 14, 2024, 09:42:07 pm »
Conceded first 21 in 32 league games alone. A problem we haven't addressed

Not sure that stat is correct.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #646 on: April 14, 2024, 09:43:36 pm »
I'm pretty sure I would score today if I played.
Piss poor finishing for the third game in a row.
We're our own worst enemy. Painful, painful week for us.
Let's hope we click in front of goal starting from Thursday as we still have a small chance of qualifying and winning the title, the hardest part now is keeping the belief...

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: April 14, 2024, 09:44:23 pm »
Silver lining? Ok, more like an aluminium foil one...

At least it wasn't a loss against the OFC.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #648 on: April 14, 2024, 09:44:59 pm »
Just finished watching the replay as I couldn't watch it live.  At about 35 minutes after seeing Henderson and Anderson and Hughes doing things that they've likely never done in their playing careers before, I really suspected we were going to get shut out.  Absolutely battered them for the final 45 minutes but it was "one of those matches."  You might see maybe one of those near impossible blocks on our tap-in goals every couple weeks or so.  To stack about 5 into one match defines statistical probability.   (Then again, we did have our own two improbable clearances from sure goals so maybe it all would have evened out in the end.)

Either way, when that kind of luck is going against you, you kind of have to wear it. 

There's no way we can drop out of the top four at least.....   whew...

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: April 14, 2024, 09:45:43 pm »
Not sure that stat is correct.

It’s 21 in all competitions (51 games)

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: April 14, 2024, 09:47:06 pm »
My one little moan from today about the team selection is not playing Elliott from the start. He's the only one at the moment (maybe Gakpo also) who looks like they'd run through a wall for the cause and has the talent to produce something.

Diaz is definitely in that category too.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #651 on: April 14, 2024, 09:49:11 pm »
Just finished watching the replay as I couldn't watch it live.  At about 35 minutes after seeing Henderson and Anderson and Hughes doing things that they've likely never done in their playing careers before, I really suspected we were going to get shut out.  Absolutely battered them for the final 45 minutes but it was "one of those matches."  You might see maybe one of those near impossible blocks on our tap-in goals every couple weeks or so.  To stack about 5 into one match defines statistical probability.   (Then again, we did have our own two improbable clearances from sure goals so maybe it all would have evened out in the end.)

Either way, when that kind of luck is going against you, you kind of have to wear it. 

There's no way we can drop out of the top four at least.....   whew...

The blocks were a joke.

We were poor and could have been 2-0 down on a couple of occasions but the finishing was so annoying.

Haaland tries a shot that is going for a throw on Saturday and smacks their lad in the face and goes in!
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #652 on: April 14, 2024, 09:51:49 pm »
Just back from the game and it's been a long, long day and I am tired and irritable. My mood is not improved by the knowledge that, had LFC done their job we would be clear at the top of the table.

So, as I saw it.

Backline
Becker, not at fault for the goal, one great save to keep the score down.
Bradley, targeted all game long and struggled with the more physical Palace forwards. Not helped with Salah failing to drop back, but the difference when TAA came on was night and day.
Konate, struggled all game, poor passing and out-muscled more than once.
VVD, the same except better passing
Robertson, Olise gave him a torrid time, but he was the only one of a few to emerge with any real credit from that debacle.
TAA, was great to see him back and he made a big difference, genuine rolls royce of a player.

Midfield
This was where the game was lost in the first half.
Endo, was very poor, besides the piss passing, the sideways slowing of the game and the lack of physicality, he kept dropping deep and running out of ideas. TAA, in his little cameos in the middle did more and better than Endo in his entire half.
MacAllister, it didn't help Endo that Mac took up bad positions flat to Endo and behind the opposition, effectively hiding all game. Again, another poor performance, particularly when he lost the ball.
Jones, bit of a mixed bag, gave it some guns in the first half, but was generally caught out of position as he ran around like a headless chicken, and made a lot of mistakes. Missing a 1 on 1 was criminal.
Szlob, really perked things up when he came on and made a difference, just not enough of one.
Elliott, tried and was tricky and helped, but not enough sadly. Still, must be considered unlucky not to start.

Forwards
Diaz, no end product, though lots of graft
Nunuez, a conundrum, missed a great chance, no balls stuck to him, but he was having balls hawked forward to him and surrounded by three players. He was poor, but too much attention is on him, Salah was far worse today.
Salah, was on a go slow, work to rule today. Utterly ineffective and uninvolved. Didn't track back, made no runs, was generally not involved at all. Deserved to be subbed, but wasn't.
Jota, hardly involved, no surprises since he was just back.
Gakpo, fight and determination, he did really well, started whipping in dangerous balls when the rest were fannying around with 2 and 3 yard passes. Deserved longer and should be starting ahead of Nunez and Salah at this point.

I think the most worrying part for me being at the game was the atmosphere. It was real bad, toxic at times. The crowd were nervous and tetchy. The players, well. Jones ran around like a mad thing and then screamed at the forwards for not closing with him. All very performative, but also idiotic as he was leaving gaps all over. VVD was throwing his hands up in frustration with the ref. Nunez threw a little strop after being subbed. Even the subs looked a little cheesed off with either not starting or not getting on (Gravenberch had disappointment etched all over his face). Endo had three players run at him and dispossess him and he just looked beaten and worn down as they disappeared over the horizon. In contrast only TAA, Szlob, Robertson and Gakpo looked full of determination and spirit. The rest just looked beat. That was pretty distressing. Konate didn't want the ball and was just hoofing it away from him. They looked miles off league leaders. They looked miles off Europa Cup winners. It will take a huge turnaround in attitude to get back what has been lost in the last few games.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: April 14, 2024, 10:25:49 pm »
There were moments in this game - really quite early on even - where I literally was thinking to myself 'we are going to lose this game'.

Something just felt off about it and when certain goals are being saved quite miraculously and defenders just so happen to be in the right (wrong) place you just get that sense intuitively that today isn't going to be our day.

I've never had that this season and despite our recent stumbles against Man U and in the Europa remained confident in the team's incredible ability to overcome setbacks.

But I think we all know in our heart of hearts that you can't win titles by continuously starting slow and needing to go a goal behind before the team gets going.  At some point that catches up with you.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: April 14, 2024, 10:33:26 pm »
Palace had two other huge chances. Ali made a wonder save although VVD was fouled and Robbo cleared off line.

But we missed at least 6 clear cut chances
Yes one because of the Virgil slip. Palace basically created on their own 2 huge chances scored one and was gifted one but Liverpool created enough to score 2 if not 3 goals

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: April 14, 2024, 10:35:19 pm »
Bad result but we move on.

Just one if those days where nothing went out way, sometimes you grub a 1-0 or 2-1 despite it and sometimes you don't

The most disappointing things, though, are supporters leaving the stadium with quite a bit of time left, the atmosphere being patchy again and a deluge of negativity and abuse towards the players and even the manager on these boards.

I'd have snapped your hand off in the summer if you'd told me that we'd win he league cup, be 2 points off top with six games to go, and be back in the Champions league next season.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #656 on: April 14, 2024, 11:47:29 pm »
I think...
Playing away from Anfield might do them some good for a bit..
Was abit toxic today where I was.

Gakpo needs to replace nunez in starting lineup.
Drop Endo for a game or two...Dom's ability to cover alot of ground is very useful even if his actions in final third a bit lacking..

Pressure is a little off...as it was a damaging result. Buy they've seen Arsenal wobble too so hopefully won't think the world is against them.

Just try and win the game in Atalanta...start off trying to keep a clean sheet first and foremost and take it from there.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 11:49:23 pm by redk84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #657 on: April 14, 2024, 11:50:06 pm »
Diaz is definitely in that category too.

I think Diaz can be in that category when he is on it but when not, you barely see him.

In saying that too many players looked out of sorts today and on Thursday evening.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that we are able to turn around the 0-3 deficit on Thursday but it is looking unlikely.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that we are able to win our final six games but it is looking unlikely unless this team suddenly rediscover their mentality monster mindset.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #658 on: April 15, 2024, 12:02:34 am »
At least we're not Manchester United
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: April 16, 2024, 08:49:43 am »
One thing that may have been forgotten is that Alisson had a low cross and a shot on goal to deal with in the first minute. That follows on from Atalanta and Sheffield United having good attempts very early.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #660 on: April 16, 2024, 09:09:48 am »
One thing that may have been forgotten is that Alisson had a low cross and a shot on goal to deal with in the first minute. That follows on from Atalanta and Sheffield United having good attempts very early.

Yes, we concede early on into the Kop goal on more occasions than I can ever remember.

The opposition are fresh so press us hard near our area as we try to pass out. Maybe it’s time to play it longer until we settle into the game and they tire. In the second half we don’t get hemmed in the way we do in those first frantic 15 minutes.

I still can’t understand the difference in the play of Eze on Sunday compared to the player I was keen to watch a week earlier against Man C. He didn’t play well at all that day, in fact it looked as though he didn’t want to be there and was rightly subbed. Nothing like the fast skilful player I saw at Anfield.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: April 16, 2024, 10:21:32 am »
Yes, we concede early on into the Kop goal on more occasions than I can ever remember.

The opposition are fresh so press us hard near our area as we try to pass out. Maybe it’s time to play it longer until we settle into the game and they tire. In the second half we don’t get hemmed in the way we do in those first frantic 15 minutes.

I still can’t understand the difference in the play of Eze on Sunday compared to the player I was keen to watch a week earlier against Man C. He didn’t play well at all that day, in fact it looked as though he didn’t want to be there and was rightly subbed. Nothing like the fast skilful player I saw at Anfield.
We used to mix it up a lot more.  I can't remember which bitter opposition manager accused us of being a long ball team (I'm guessing Guardiola or Mourinho).  We have a lot of pace in attack but we don't make much use of it.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: April 16, 2024, 11:46:16 am »
What I don't get is how lethargic we look. When you look at the minutes played of our squad compared to Arsenal and City, we have done a much better job of rotation (partially through worse luck with injuries). Admittedly I didn't watch the Arsenal-Villa game so maybe its caught up with them too.

Positives
Alisson - straight back into and looks like he hasn't missed a day
Robbo - right back to his best after some doubts whether that would happen
Gakpo - thought he should have started after Thur, and thought he did well again. Surely deserves a couple starts now
Jota - I know he missed chances but he really looks fit and sharp when I thought he might take time to get back into it.

Negatives
Konate - has to be carrying an injury or had his pre-match meal dowsed in Guinness, made me long for the days of Skrtel or Lovren
Bradley - I think we are seeing the results of opposition having tape on him now. Was doing OK, and has been fantastic for us, but TAA coming back is in the nick of time IMO
Endo/Jones - stinkers if I'm honest. So bad that I feel they dragged Macca down with them
Nunez - needs left out for at least the next game for his own good.

Salah I was quite neutral about. Missed chances but I did think he looked fitter and sharper than before so fingers crossed he has turned a corner.

Online Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #663 on: April 16, 2024, 11:50:33 am »
The last game I got to watch was the FA Cup loss against United, as I've been away on holiday.

What has happened to us in the past month?

Offline ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #664 on: April 16, 2024, 03:02:47 pm »
Feels a bit like this season is catching up to us. Too many players out injured for too long, putting an increased workload on the rest. Saw a list the other day showing a total of 21 players having missed a total of 285 matches between them, with half of them being out for 10 or more matches. You'd need a squad the size of "115" in order to get through such a season unscathed. In addition it seems like they are putting a bit too much pressure on themselves and tying themselves into knots to insure Klopp can go out with a bang. At least that would go some way to explain how so much of our play seems rushed at times.
Or it could be a whole host of other reasons from poor form to low confidence. If I knew, I'd probably be working in football :D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 08:09:37 pm by ArcticRed »

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #665 on: April 16, 2024, 04:06:10 pm »
Nothing's impossible, I have found
For when my chin is on the ground
I pick myself up, dust myself off
And start all over again
Can't lose my confidence if I slip

Kern and Fields (1936)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #666 on: April 16, 2024, 06:35:18 pm »
watched the game again yesterday

the defending for the palace goal really was shocking

too many players were just jogging around

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: April 16, 2024, 06:44:12 pm »
watched the game again yesterday

the defending for the palace goal really was shocking

too many players were just jogging around

Yeah it resembled the defending we'd see against someone like Preston during the first game of preseason.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."