Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3527562 times)

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Kit 2013/14
« Reply #120 on: May 2, 2013, 11:00:01 am »
The "Liverpool FC" in the stripes comes across a bit small time to me. We know it's a Liverpool shirt! It does have our badge embroided on it after all!

That away kit is still horrendous, looks like some Samoan shit going on there. Without that, it wouldn't been one sexy shirt and would definitely have bought it. Nice job, Warrior. Expect to lose a lot of sales.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #121 on: May 2, 2013, 11:01:07 am »
Keeper shirt should have been the away shirt.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline JayEvans

• Anny Roader
  • ☆☆☆☆☆
    • Keir Evans Clothing
« Reply #122 on: May 2, 2013, 11:05:28 am »
The "Liverpool FC" in the stripes comes across a bit small time to me. We know it's a Liverpool shirt! It does have our badge embroided on it after all!

That away kit is still horrendous, looks like some Samoan shit going on there. Without that, it wouldn't been one sexy shirt and would definitely have bought it. Nice job, Warrior. Expect to lose a lot of sales.

Its like they dont like blank space so the try and fill it with as much shit as they can
SOS #10117

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #123 on: May 2, 2013, 11:07:00 am »
I really like it, especially the keeper kit.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #124 on: May 2, 2013, 11:11:05 am »
Oh, and by the way, is there anything worse than seeing 'HE'S STAYING!!!' after seeing Suarez in the kit?
Countless times people get pictured in the kits/calendars/merchandise then leave.

:-X

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 2, 2013, 11:24:18 am »
Its like they dont like blank space so the try and fill it with as much shit as they can

Yes just like our current home kit and away kit  ::)

Offline RobinHood

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #127 on: May 2, 2013, 11:25:17 am »
Surely this means that white and black monstrosity in the mock ups can't be right, as the keeper shirt is already white.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 2, 2013, 11:31:23 am »
Surely this means that white and black monstrosity in the mock ups can't be right, as the keeper shirt is already white.
therell be an away keepers jersey too

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #129 on: May 2, 2013, 11:31:59 am »
Oh, and by the way, is there anything worse than seeing 'HE'S STAYING!!!' after seeing Suarez in the kit?
Countless times people get pictured in the kits/calendars/merchandise then leave.

:-X

This is the trouble with pre ordering, I have ordered the new home kit for my 7 year old, Suarez name and number as i'm sure thousands of other parents have, if Luis gets sold will the club do an exchange or is it just tough shit?
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Mo2000

• Main Stander
  • This is Anfield
« Reply #130 on: May 2, 2013, 11:37:16 am »
Kit looks great.  I think the moral of the story is let's not slag off club or warrior from mockups until the kit is revealed. They are paying us Ł25m a season after all :-)
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” - BOB PAISLEY

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #131 on: May 2, 2013, 11:41:38 am »
This is the trouble with pre ordering, I have ordered the new home kit for my 7 year old, Suarez name and number as i'm sure thousands of other parents have, if Luis gets sold will the club do an exchange or is it just tough shit?

Always said they should do some kind of refund offer if that happens. It's mad that they don't.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #132 on: May 2, 2013, 11:43:16 am »
About the kit -

"It exceeds what we need it to do technically while also delivering a strong visual statement,” said Rodgers.

Did he shite say that.  ;D And if he did, it was under orders from the marketing team at Warrior!

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: May 2, 2013, 11:47:09 am »
About the kit -

"It exceeds what we need it to do technically while also delivering a strong visual statement,” said Rodgers.

Did he shite say that.  ;D And if he did, it was under orders from the marketing team at Warrior!

Haha, from the man who's idea of a strong visual statement is a two in one coat with 300 blue zips. Praise indeed.

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 2, 2013, 12:02:19 pm »
Keeper shirt should have been the away shirt.

Who stops you wearing it and pretending that it's the away shirt?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 2, 2013, 12:09:12 pm »
tough im afraid

"Please note that custom printed merchandise cannot be exchanged or refunded"

http://store.liverpoolfc.tv/Home%20kitkit/pid-38074?shirtLettering=0&shirtNo=7&shirtName=Suarez

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #136 on: May 2, 2013, 12:11:21 pm »

Why not wait until the window closes and then get a number/name on the back?

Offline JollyRedHuman

• Main Stander
« Reply #137 on: May 2, 2013, 12:25:41 pm »

Prepare yourselves. Apparently the away goalkeeper shirt is predominantly pink.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 2, 2013, 12:27:09 pm »
The size guide is still the one for last year's shirt by the looks of it. Assuming this years is similar fitting but do they do size exchanges at the shop if needed, or do you have to post them back if you order online?

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: May 2, 2013, 12:30:38 pm »
Keeper jersey looks boss. 

Looks like this is the kit with champions written all over it.

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 2, 2013, 01:06:34 pm »
It looks good on the official pics.

Still really irks me that the last one only lasted one season.  Rinsing every pound they can out of the supporters...

Offline Ben_

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 2, 2013, 01:11:31 pm »

Think its tough shit now.

They changed one of mine years ago when Gerrard went from 17 to 8, but haven't seen many examples since then.
The match kicks off in 30 minutes ya silly twat

"This European Cup final is won, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 0."

"This scoreline is absolutely staggering, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 3!" - Five Live

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #142 on: May 2, 2013, 01:12:27 pm »
New shirt is quality.  This season's was the best we've had in 20+ years but I think this one is even better.

That white GK shirt would be better as the new away shirt and then Pepe could wear a long-sleeved version of the rumoured away top instead.  Those crazy patterns would put defenders off!

Seriously wonder how one design team can come up with the two home kits they've produced and then garbage like this season's third shirt and the rumoured away/third shirts for next season.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #143 on: May 2, 2013, 01:13:37 pm »
Seriously wonder how one design team can come up with the two home kits they've produced and then garbage like this season's third shirt and the rumoured away/third shirts for next season.

Got to be deliberate and for some reason unknown to us!

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #144 on: May 2, 2013, 01:21:06 pm »
Got to be deliberate and for some reason unknown to us!

They probably celebrate finishing the home kit with some experimental drugs and then finish off the other two whilst still off their faces. It is the only reasonable explanation.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: May 2, 2013, 01:28:42 pm »
#BlameNozHyde

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #146 on: May 2, 2013, 01:42:13 pm »
Why not wait until the window closes and then get a number/name on the back?

Or just go with Liverpool for the name and 5 for the number. He will never leave.
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #147 on: May 2, 2013, 02:03:17 pm »
Or if you are feeling really optimistic get the number 6 and then if we win it again you can say you were an ITK

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 2, 2013, 02:09:27 pm »
Or if you want to put pressure on the team get number 19.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #149 on: May 2, 2013, 02:14:47 pm »
Think its tough shit now.

They changed one of mine years ago when Gerrard went from 17 to 8, but haven't seen many examples since then.

Could depend on the player too really, Bendtner bought a new shirt for everyone who got his old number whilst at Arsenal I seem to remember.

Be a hell of a goodwill gesture considering how many shirts that would be though...

Offline Fredo C

• Anny Roader
« Reply #150 on: May 2, 2013, 02:19:31 pm »

I don't think the club will exchange it.

Although I remember this story from a few years ago where Bendtner refunded all the Arsenal supporters who had bought his shirt just before he decided to change his number.

EDIT: Emitime just posted the same  :P

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #151 on: May 2, 2013, 02:25:40 pm »
Could depend on the player too really, Bendtner bought a new shirt for everyone who got his old number whilst at Arsenal I seem to remember.

Be a hell of a goodwill gesture considering how many shirts that would be though...

Somebody got Bendtner on the shirt?? Why?

I wish people wouldn't boost his ego any further. He already thinks he is Fowler's gift to football.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #152 on: May 2, 2013, 02:26:25 pm »
Probably cost Bendtner 90 quid as only his mum and dad bought one..

Offline RobinHood

• Kopite
« Reply #153 on: May 2, 2013, 02:30:20 pm »

Yes, I've never seen the 1st gk shirt clash with an away shirt before though, just seems a bit odd.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #154 on: May 2, 2013, 02:34:53 pm »
if it's true, then the away and the 3rd kit are the same with this,which we all thought was photoshop job

http://www.thisisanfield.com/wp-content/uploads/2013-2014-kit.jpg

If you look closely, you can see that it's been made on fucking Pro Evolution Soccer.

But they are the legitimate kits.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #155 on: May 2, 2013, 02:35:16 pm »
Home kit is very nice. If only the keeper one was the away kit. From a practical point of view, a white GK kit? For the player who spends the most time on the ground? Green, Yellow, Black. Yashin is not happy.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #156 on: May 2, 2013, 02:43:51 pm »
Home kit is very nice. If only the keeper one was the away kit. From a practical point of view, a white GK kit? For the player who spends the most time on the ground? Green, Yellow, Black. Yashin is not happy.

Always liked the yellow keeper shirt that Brucie wore sometimes in the 80's. Does anyone know why he only wore it occasionally?

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #157 on: May 2, 2013, 02:47:04 pm »

Agreed. Would have made a great away kit.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 2, 2013, 02:55:16 pm »
Yes, I've never seen the 1st gk shirt clash with an away shirt before though, just seems a bit odd.
i was a bit surprised by it. pleasantly i might add

Always liked the yellow keeper shirt that Brucie wore sometimes in the 80's. Does anyone know why he only wore it occasionally?

i love that photo. classic kit. i suppose we did have an away yellow and first choice was green. couldnt have been many green jersies back then. Sheffield wednesday sometimes had green for an away kit, why they had to wear it against us (88/9 for instance) i dont know.

Offline alxhix

• Kemlynite
« Reply #159 on: May 2, 2013, 03:11:27 pm »
Or just go with Liverpool for the name and 5 for the number. He will never leave.

Well, in a few years he may change his number to 6 ...

And has anyone mentioned yet how great it would be for the goalkeeper kit to be the away kit?  ::)