Author Topic: Tapatalk  (Read 28770 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #120 on: May 2, 2021, 12:37:32 pm »
Very minor thing and don't know if it's possible but would be handy if after you've read a thread you had the option of the "unread posts" button without having to click back to the main forum page for it.

What button is this and where it is on the thread layout?

The mobile and desktop are the same thing, the only thing changing is css. If it appears on a thread view then I don't see why it wouldn't be there in both views but I don't see such a thing on mine, but I do have a variety of extra stuff cos I have admin permissions so I might just be being blind.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #121 on: May 2, 2021, 01:05:30 pm »
What button is this and where it is on the thread layout?

The mobile and desktop are the same thing, the only thing changing is css. If it appears on a thread view then I don't see why it wouldn't be there in both views but I don't see such a thing on mine, but I do have a variety of extra stuff cos I have admin permissions so I might just be being blind.

I think what she means is the "unread posts" link at the top of the page. It's there on desktop and it's there when viewing horizontally on mobile but not vertically.

Horizontal:

Vertical:

I assume it's being hidden by the responsive design.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: May 2, 2021, 01:27:02 pm »
How do I get the black background please?

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #123 on: May 2, 2021, 01:57:51 pm »
@Claire, what a star!

Happy to test if you still need testers.

iPhone / iPad with Safari or Chrome.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: May 2, 2021, 02:13:33 pm »
How do I get the black background please?

If you go to your Profile and then Modify Profile > Look and Layout you can change it there - though think you have to have been added as a test user.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #125 on: May 2, 2021, 02:16:53 pm »
I think what she means is the "unread posts" link at the top of the page. It's there on desktop and it's there when viewing horizontally on mobile but not vertically.

Horizontal:

Vertical:

Thanks Jason, that's what I meant although I didn't realise it was there on horizontal view as I never use that! I had meant that it's there on every page of the original desktop version, not this test version.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 2, 2021, 03:11:11 pm »
If you go to your Profile and then Modify Profile > Look and Layout you can change it there - though think you have to have been added as a test user.

Thanks mate 👍

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 2, 2021, 11:03:04 pm »
Just a minor thing but text within Spoiler tags is still appearing in non-dark mode so you get white boxes in the middle of a black screen when you open them.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 3, 2021, 09:06:34 am »

Ah okay so it’s just the generic link, yeah, it’s being hidden because of space concerns, can maybe stack that though.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 3, 2021, 04:43:55 pm »
I love the mobile version. The only thing I find hard is distinguishing between stickied and non-stickied threads - there's not quite enough difference there for me. Not sure if stickies can have a slightly different shade of red or not? Probably not. That and image distortion/stretching are the only little issues with the mobile version. Otherwise  :thumbup
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: May 6, 2021, 09:34:52 pm »
Tapatalk user here, how I go about getting. A link to the mobile version being discussed? !

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: May 9, 2021, 09:06:58 am »
Can somebody tell me the url to use for the mobile version of the forum. My browser it seems only loads the desktop version.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 9, 2021, 09:12:25 am »
Can somebody tell me the url to use for the mobile version of the forum. My browser it seems only loads the desktop version.

I think Claire needs to add it to your profile mate rather than you do it.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: May 9, 2021, 09:14:33 am »
I think Claire needs to add it to your profile mate rather than you do it.
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

@Claire. would it be possible to have mobile access added to my account please?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2021, 11:56:23 pm »
Can't wait for this to be rolled out after I foolishly set the web browser back to the old theme and it changed it for mobile as well ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2021, 05:33:39 pm »
I did say I was happy to test it but forgot, my set up hasn't changed so maybe  it has changed back???

Still happy to test if required!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2021, 08:51:49 pm »
Just noticed that if a YT video is posted, you can only see the left hand half of it along with any of the comment that is written in the same post, unless you turn your phone landscape. Don't know if it should resize to fit a phone screen or if this is how it should be!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2021, 08:05:48 pm »
I’d love to test too if possible. I’ve been struggling with Tapatalk for years now to be honest, you’ll see that on the other Tapatalk thread. Thanks for the work put into it it looks great.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2021, 09:41:04 pm »
Is there any chance of RAWK being able to work with Tapatalk again? It won't let me login and for all the talk about it being slow etc. at least its usable. RAWK just isn't usable without a laptop and the mobile version that was mentioned in here a few months ago hasn't been released yet or maybe it will never be.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2021, 09:56:32 pm »
Is there any chance of RAWK being able to work with Tapatalk again? It won't let me login and for all the talk about it being slow etc. at least its usable. RAWK just isn't usable without a laptop and the mobile version that was mentioned in here a few months ago hasn't been released yet or maybe it will never be.

Just need to get yourself into the beta testing group... haven't missed Tapatalk at all since I got to start using the new mobile site.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2021, 12:01:35 pm »

Isnt it? I think I use it through Safari on my shitty old iphone 7 more than I do on a laptop and its perfect
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2021, 01:55:13 pm »
RAWK just isn't usable without a laptop

I mean it 100% is.

Also, maybe consider throwing something in the coffers before having a whinge.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2021, 03:51:13 pm »
Just need to get yourself into the beta testing group... haven't missed Tapatalk at all since I got to start using the new mobile site.
This sounds promising hopefully development is t dead and it will be released to everyone in the future.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2021, 04:11:25 pm »
Isnt it? I think I use it through Safari on my shitty old iphone 7 more than I do on a laptop and its perfect
I don't have an iPhone maybe Safari formats the page and enables word wrap but on Android you have to constantly zoom in and out to read posts and/or scroll back and forth to read each line of a post. It seems when replying it can only show up three lines that have been typed on Android.

Maybe isn't usable was the wrong word because it is on Android anyway if you have the time. Isn't practical maybe a better word as it's very time consuming.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 04:22:43 pm by dakid »

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2021, 04:20:26 pm »
I mean it 100% is.

Also, maybe consider throwing something in the coffers before having a whinge.
I didn't know there were coffers. Do you have a link and I will try to contribute when I can afford? It was more of a question than a whinge. If I didn't add the bit at the end I would have been asked why not just use use my mobile or a laptop.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2021, 04:30:00 pm »
I didn't know there were coffers. Do you have a link and I will try to contribute when I can afford? It was more of a question than a whinge. If I didn't add the bit at the end I would have been asked why not just use use my mobile or a laptop.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=74199.0

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2021, 08:25:16 am »
This sounds promising hopefully development is t dead and it will be released to everyone in the future.

Really busy at the min but will come back to it at some point.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2021, 12:41:53 pm »
I don't have an iPhone maybe Safari formats the page and enables word wrap but on Android you have to constantly zoom in and out to read posts and/or scroll back and forth to read each line of a post. It seems when replying it can only show up three lines that have been typed on Android.

Maybe isn't usable was the wrong word because it is on Android anyway if you have the time. Isn't practical maybe a better word as it's very time consuming.

I've a Galaxy S10 and hardly use any other device to read or post. Seems perfect try usable to me and I can see the full body of all posts without having to scroll left or right.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2021, 02:00:59 pm »
I've a Galaxy S10 and hardly use any other device to read or post. Seems perfect try usable to me and I can see the full body of all posts without having to scroll left or right.
yep same for me, I pretty much exclusively use RAWK on my Galaxy phone and I've never had any issues with using it
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2021, 03:17:48 pm »
I'd be happy to test the mobile theme too if possible! Looks great from the screenshots.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2021, 06:46:17 am »
Really busy at the min but will come back to it at some point.
Hi Claire, that's great, the mobile theme sounds very promising. If you get a chance could I be added to the test group please. Really struggling with my device and RAWK since tapatalk access went.
 At this stage I don't really login anymore hence the slow reply as I am only seeing yours now.

Offline trevor1973

• Main Stander
  • "and Kenny Dalglish the creator supreme"
« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2021, 09:19:43 pm »
Hi

Thanks for all  the word you do
Is it possible to try the mobile version of the site

Thx 🙏 in advance

Trev

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2021, 09:52:04 pm »
Hi, could I be added to the test group as well if possible please Claire, thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 09:54:24 pm by Shady Craig »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2021, 03:52:39 pm »
Is something happening with the new format only mine keeps going back to the old way where it's so tiny I can't read it then I get logged out and have to login again and it's back to normal again.

It's been doing it since yesterday.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2021, 10:59:44 pm »
Is the mobile site still on to the go? Would still like to test it out if it is. Desperately looking for a user friendly mobile site!
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2021, 10:24:57 pm »
Does everyone just use the desktop site? Just curious as I find it a pain to navigate on mobile. Is there an alternative to tapatalk on the go?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2021, 08:51:14 pm »
Has anyone started using FacePub?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline mkdRED

• Main Stander
  • King of Europe!
« Reply #157 on: December 5, 2021, 07:27:41 pm »
Any news on a more user friendly mobile version of the Forum?

Can't login to the site with Tapatalk. App shows forum threads, but on every opening it resets read status on first post of the thread.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2021, 07:37:28 pm by mkdRED »

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2022, 12:49:26 am »
Any news on a more user friendly mobile version of the Forum?

Can't login to the site with Tapatalk. App shows forum threads, but on every opening it resets read status on first post of the thread.
I presume since you got no answer it is dead. That is disappointing and it's extra disappointing because Tapatalk doesn't work it and without that the site is barely usable from a mobile device for me.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2022, 06:56:39 pm »
It's not dead, I've not had any time with one thing or another.