Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 319726 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #6360 on: April 21, 2024, 04:28:47 pm »
Sheep Euros/Copa Draft mate.  And with it being end of the season we'll get 16 people or more to join in.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6361 on: April 21, 2024, 05:34:40 pm »
I'm not building a sim for that!  ;D

Ha! Truth be told I prefer snake drafts to sheep ones so would be happy to run this one if we do it. Think it's one for later on in the summer as the Olympics are quite late on and end just before the season starts.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6362 on: April 21, 2024, 07:09:58 pm »
Ha! Truth be told I prefer snake drafts to sheep ones so would be happy to run this one if we do it. Think it's one for later on in the summer as the Olympics are quite late on and end just before the season starts.

I always wanted to do a draft where we each get to pick something like 8 greatest ever sports people from 8 different sports (at least one female). e.g. Football, Boxing, Tennis, Rugby, Cricket, Snooker, F1, Swimming, Track & Field, Bob Sled etc. But didn't feel like there was enough interest in it.

Maybe an Olympic-centric one would be more popular, though part of me feels like whoever gets Usain Bolt will auto-win.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6363 on: April 21, 2024, 07:11:25 pm »
Lets start the Simulator one before Olympics Draft is even on the table for fucks sakes. Betty's been trying to get one done since 2012.   ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6364 on: April 21, 2024, 07:45:26 pm »
Lets start the Simulator one before Olympics Draft is even on the table for fucks sakes. Betty's been trying to get one done since 2012.   ;D

The sim draft isn’t starting for a few weeks. Surely time for an itty bitty draft  ;D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6365 on: April 21, 2024, 07:59:13 pm »
I always wanted to do a draft where we each get to pick something like 8 greatest ever sports people from 8 different sports (at least one female). e.g. Football, Boxing, Tennis, Rugby, Cricket, Snooker, F1, Swimming, Track & Field, Bob Sled etc. But didn't feel like there was enough interest in it.

Maybe an Olympic-centric one would be more popular, though part of me feels like whoever gets Usain Bolt will auto-win.

See I'd want an Olympic draft to be centered around individuals/teams who contributed to moments that have gone down in history. It wouldn't necessarily need to be focused on who has the most medals. Bolt obviously is a legend but there are so many more that I don't think whoever has him would be a lock.

I think it's one to think about by the time the Olympics comes around but let's let Samie have his one before he gets banned for abusing everyone.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.