Author Topic: Tottenham Hotspur  (Read 116868 times)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Re: Tottenham Hotspur
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2020, 01:07:29 pm »
What were people’s opinions of the new stadium?

I was really impressed with the ground from the outside, it looks great inside. The atmosphere wasn't great and I thought the concourse was shit, took ages to find a toilet.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2020, 01:22:21 pm »
Typical of all new grounds as in the atmosphere is not great I hardly heard there fans. Bit of a walk after also back to our coaches.   So glad we stayed at Anfield and never moved to a new ground.

At least for Spurs it’s on the site of the old one so it’s not like they’ve had to travel to a completely new area. That has to count for something in that fans can still stick to their old pre match routines (unless they’re booked in the cheese room).

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2020, 01:37:40 pm »
From a TV point of view the camera was way too wide, could basically see every player on the field, thought atmosphere was flat, especially our away support at times which is rare cause thought it’s been good for most of the season

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2020, 02:13:11 pm »
Thought the ground was fantastic. Somewhere built with fans in mind at all times. Felt really close to the pitch, thought concourse was great (especially the upstairs part) , and its in the same area so not lost the traditional match day feel around it. 

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2020, 09:04:54 pm »
Was decent, as it should be for a brand new stadium. But the concourse is quite small, imo it should be bigger.

There are electronic scanners for the turnstiles, no walls between each scanner, the same as the Wanda in Atletico Madrid's stadium.

Away fans being kept in the same tier is good but there was a big enough distance between each side as the rows were only 23 deep, so the away section was quite wide.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline KM519

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2023, 03:13:04 pm »
First time going to Spurs today. What’s a good Reds pub in the area? Thanks