The Liverpool FC Forum > The Away Ground Guide

Wembley: Anfield South

<< < (15/17) > >>

Danny Boy:
Kilburn/West Hampstead are good options too. Decent nightlife, easy access into the West End and also on the Jubilee line just a few stops from Wembley

Danny Boy:
FYI if planning to get train from Watford Junction:

LONDON OVERGROUND: Sunday 4 August, no service between Euston and Watford Junction. Use local bus or Underground services between Euston and Queen's Park and the Bakerloo line between Queen's Park and Harrow & Wealdstone. Replacement buses operate between Queen's Park and Harrow & Wealdstone and between Harrow & Wealdstone and Watford Junction.

Replacement buses operateService BL-1 (4 buses per hour): Queen's Park - Kensal Green - Willesden Junction - North Acton (Tube) - Harlesden - Stonebridge Park - Wembley Central - North Wembley - Preston Road (rube) for South Kenton - Kenton - Harrow & WealdstoneService BL-2 (4 buses per hour) 09:00-19:00 only: Queen's Park - Kensal Green - Willesden Junction - North Acton (Tube) - Harlesden - Stonebridge Park - Wembley Central - Harrow & Wealdstone Service H: Harrow & Wealdstone - Headstone Lane - Hatch End - Carpenders Park - Bushey - Watford High Street - Watford Junction.

Booze And Glory:

--- Quote from: Danny Boy on July 19, 2019, 03:54:21 pm ---FYI if planning to get train from Watford Junction:

LONDON OVERGROUND: Sunday 4 August, no service between Euston and Watford Junction. Use local bus or Underground services between Euston and Queen's Park and the Bakerloo line between Queen's Park and Harrow & Wealdstone. Replacement buses operate between Queen's Park and Harrow & Wealdstone and between Harrow & Wealdstone and Watford Junction.

Replacement buses operateService BL-1 (4 buses per hour): Queen's Park - Kensal Green - Willesden Junction - North Acton (Tube) - Harlesden - Stonebridge Park - Wembley Central - North Wembley - Preston Road (rube) for South Kenton - Kenton - Harrow & WealdstoneService BL-2 (4 buses per hour) 09:00-19:00 only: Queen's Park - Kensal Green - Willesden Junction - North Acton (Tube) - Harlesden - Stonebridge Park - Wembley Central - Harrow & Wealdstone Service H: Harrow & Wealdstone - Headstone Lane - Hatch End - Carpenders Park - Bushey - Watford High Street - Watford Junction.

--- End quote ---

Stupid me already bought a return on Virgin to Watford Junction before knowing all this  :butt ideally now need to go to Euston and get to Wembley from there, but oddily enough I can't actually buy a ticket from watford Junction to Euston travelling on a virgin train, as they don't sell them. What are the chances they'll check my ticket once I arrive at Euston, as I really don't want to be buying a whole new ticket for the sake of an extra stop and 15 mins journey time  :no

stoz:

--- Quote from: Booze And Glory on July 23, 2019, 11:07:00 am ---Stupid me already bought a return on Virgin to Watford Junction before knowing all this  :butt ideally now need to go to Euston and get to Wembley from there, but oddily enough I can't actually buy a ticket from watford Junction to Euston travelling on a virgin train, as they don't sell them. What are the chances they'll check my ticket once I arrive at Euston, as I really don't want to be buying a whole new ticket for the sake of an extra stop and 15 mins journey time  :no

--- End quote ---

Just get off at Watford Junction, and walk over to Watford tube, for a direct Underground train to Wembley Park. The tube journey will be pretty cheap with a contactless card, as you're not going to/from Central London. 

If you do go to Euston, it's unlikely they'll check you when you arrive, but it's possible. On the way back they're much more likely to check everyone getting on at Euston.

bradders1011:

--- Quote from: stoz on July 24, 2019, 03:57:19 pm ---Just get off at Watford Junction, and walk over to Watford tube, for a direct Underground train to Wembley Park. The tube journey will be pretty cheap with a contactless card, as you're not going to/from Central London. 

If you do go to Euston, it's unlikely they'll check you when you arrive, but it's possible. On the way back they're much more likely to check everyone getting on at Euston.

--- End quote ---

Do be aware that the walk between Watford Junction and Watford Tube is about 25 minutes though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version