Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
What about Alphonso Davies? No link at all. Having a bit of contact stalemate at Bayern, but at the quoted $40million will be bring our looking for value approach.
He is at a good age with upside, good pace with attacking attributes, play in attacking position for Canada. Defensively he is sound from the limited matches I watched him played.

He's going to Real.
What about Alphonso Davies? No link at all. Having a bit of contact stalemate at Bayern, but at the quoted $40million will be bring our looking for value approach.
He is at a good age with upside, good pace with attacking attributes, play in attacking position for Canada. Defensively he is sound from the limited matches I watched him played.
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: 23/24 TV Fixtures
« Last post by Alf on Today at 08:04:15 pm »
The way you avoid caveats is have Arsenal & Man City play on Saturday and not schedule games for Thursday night. Seen the Premier League were quick enough to point the finger at TFL as Spurs vs Forest has been moved today from Monday night to Sunday 6pm on 7 April because of the tube strike. They want to look in the mirror first.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara
« Last post by Garlic Red on Today at 08:01:42 pm »
For his next team.

Those that remember Shanks accurately, know that he'd've been sent Spain to recover on his own once there was no chance of him playing for us ever again.

One of the most bizarre takes I’ve seen on the internet, this.
The Boozer / Re: The 'Eeeek...buying/saving for a house' thread
« Last post by rob1966 on Today at 08:00:23 pm »
I wouldn’t discount leasehold on an older property , most have 999 year leases and ground rent that never increases . I have a house that I bough in 1998 it’s £50 a year for the next 970 years . It’s the newer ones and flats that can double or rise with inflation

We've got over 900 years on ours at £5 a year. They offered to sell us the leasehold for £800, I was going to do it until I saw how long was left on it
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Larry Lloyd dies aged 75
« Last post by Speedy Molby on Today at 07:58:09 pm »
Larry Lloyd's final match for the Reds, when he was substituted by Peter Cormack (see reference in profile above) also marked the beginning of a unique Liverpool tradition: the number 5 playing in midfield. Initially it was Cormack, then continued for 20 years by Ray Kennedy and Ronnie Whelan before being pleasingly revived in recent times by Gini Wijnaldum. For those too young to remember the 1-11 days, at every other club the number 5 was a centre-half.
The Boozer / Re: Money money money
« Last post by damomad on Today at 07:57:59 pm »
I once worked for a charity who's doors almost closed until they got left £2m in some randomer's will, he had seen an advert on TV for the charity and it always stuck with him.

You'd be amazed at how many of the smaller charities survive on bequests. I'm sure there are some made to get around inheritance taxes but even so, a lot people wealthy people will wait until after their last breath to make an impactful donation. Maybe trying to correct for past sins, in the hope that someone looks the other way at the pearly gates.
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by 4pool on Today at 07:57:30 pm »
It's virtually always empty. One time I went past the only person in there had a Liverpool shirt on. Presumably buying a blue cousin from Rhyl a present.

It begs the question as to how much money is the place losing?
Rent
Compensation to Staff
Few customers.

Only ego and supporter blue fewm if they close the place keeping it open.
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by SvenJohansen on Today at 07:56:41 pm »
For What's It Worth - Buffalo Springfield

What's Your Name? - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10