Author Topic: Rafa vs Chelsea fans  (Read 31125 times)

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rafa vs Chelsea fans
« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2013, 11:09:28 pm »
Watched it now and cannot understand the fuss about it. How was this a rant? He stays polite and attacks nobody, really. He says they should support the team and not worry about him and waste time.

The journos want him out of this country as they are twisting everything he says and use it against him. The english football doesn´t deserve this gentlemen, just as a lot of our own fans didn´t.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2013, 11:09:31 pm »
Hope he is still manager for his return to Anfield. Massive love from the Kop.
While this would be nice for Rafa, I wouldn't want Rodgers left feeling unloved or unwanted.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2013, 11:09:47 pm »
Congratulations. I think that's the biggest load of bollocks I've read on here in ages.
I missed his whining. Welcome back Keith3.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2013, 11:10:14 pm »
I don't recall any anti Hodgson chants or banners, even near the end... and definitely not within the first month of his arrival.

CONTEXT. I was refering to the post that said how we'd 'show how to respect a previous manager' on his return.  I doubt we'd give Roy a big loving welcome if he ever managed a club side coming back to Anfield.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Carlos: Very Kickable

• Pompous Twat. Scourge of Pinko Liberalism. Attitude to Cyan Conservatism is unclear. Lives in a Monochrome world and is baffled by colours.
  • Legacy Fan
  • As Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus would say...
« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2013, 11:10:14 pm »
I know you struggle with reading comprehension Carlitos, but do try to pay attention

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2013, 11:10:21 pm »
Good man and hes right but he knew what he was getting into.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2013, 11:10:50 pm »
I expect Rafa's next move after Chelsea will be something like this:

1. Spend the next 12 months out of work, telling us he's turned down countless opportunities over the months while he waits for the "right project".
2. In the mean time, he'll write a book or two detailing how he turned the Istanbul tie on its head. A lot of emphasis on what he said at half time and Finnan's injury.
3. Could probably do with another website. His broad beaming face on the front page. A lot of articles on tactics and reminders of the Istanbul win. Djimi was in the shower.
4. Fireside chats. Lotss of them. £50 a head. Hear him talk about..himself.

Then the next sugar daddy/reigning CL champ/bitter rival will pop up and he'll have a bite of it. Their fans will hate him. The results will be poor. He'll be gone. Rinse and repeat.

Rafa, break the cycle. Lower your expectations. Go for a normal club. Preferably one where you haven't already insulted the fans, or one where they aren't on the back of a treble winning season and have expectations. You're destroying your reputation with these stints.

http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2013, 11:10:57 pm »
While this would be nice for Rafa, I wouldn't want Rodgers left feeling unloved or unwanted.
He shouldn't feel unloved, he'll be here next season, he's fine. If the fans sing songs for both of them it'll be fine
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11:11 pm »
Rafa is someone who will fight fight and fight again for the club.

What he needs is the fans to fight with him.

That's all he asks.

Now, they didn't want him in the first place, I suppose I get that, but a big chunk of them haven't even given him half a chance and it does effect the team.

He wont care if they slaughter him, but he'll care if it effects results.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11:29 pm »
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11:53 pm »
Not subtle at all, i like BR and i think he'll take us far, signs are there that we're improving although not consistently, however i wouldn't be opposed to Rafa being at the club as manager in the future, just not at the moment or in the next few years.

After how his last 3 jobs have ended I think the owners(whoever they are) would be greatly opposed to it.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11:57 pm »
Nope, that's different.

Apparently.

You should have seen the A4 sheet I scribbled on for the Arsenal game.

Offline himynameisntmark

• itsalgernonmuckbucketjuniorthethird
  • Kopite
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11:59 pm »

1. Spend the next 12 months out of work, telling us he's turned down countless opportunities over the months while he waits for the "right project".
2. In the mean time, he'll write a book or two detailing how he turned the Istanbul tie on its head. A lot of emphasis on what he said at half time and Finnan's injury.
3. Could probably do with another website. His broad beaming face on the front page. A lot of articles on tactics and reminders of the Istanbul win. Djimi was in the shower.

Then the next sugar daddy/reigning CL champ/bitter rival will pop up and he'll have a bite of it. Their fans will hate him. The results will be poor. He'll be gone. Rinse and repeat.

Rafa, break the cycle. Lower your expectations. Go for a normal club. Preferably one where you haven't already insulted the fans, or one where they aren't on the back of a treble winning season and have expectations. You're destroying your reputation with these stints.

:lmao

My god, what a load a shite

Offline gav91v

• Kopite
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2013, 11:13:05 pm »

If Rafa songs were sung or we paid tribute to Rafa, I think Rodgers would realise that it isn't anything against him, just appreciation for Rafa

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2013, 11:13:07 pm »
As I'm sure there are chelseas fans who are the same.

They don't like Benitez, we didn't like Hodgson. It's comical how people try and justify one action and ridicule the other. When they are both the same.

Hoping for your team to lose and your manager to be sacked is not what you would call classy by any strecth of the imagination, to be fair.

I don't recall our ground having Hodgson out posters from day one, do you?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2013, 11:13:14 pm »
Rafa only has himself to blame.
Never should have went there as there is nothing in it but money.

Offline Shannon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2013, 11:13:16 pm »
Give them what for Rafa, however haven;t really a lot of sympathy for him, he knew what Chelsea fans were like before he joined the club and what would you expect from a pig but a grunt.
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” Martin Luther King

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2013, 11:13:32 pm »
Did anyone expect this to be anything but a car crash!?

Hope he's still in charge when we play them, on the one hand to be able to say thank you to Rafa ( we never got the chance) and secondly to wind Chelsea fans up to the point they may actually think its really the fault of Roman to put them in this situation , but then again they won't...cos they know they can never do that, they have to take it..no matter how much he rams it down their mouths, its his club,  he can appoint a manager the world knew they hated ......and he didnt give a fuck about them!

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2013, 11:13:50 pm »

What, like we did with Hodgson?

Have you heard the shite they've sang about him en masse? Hardly fucking comparable is it.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2013, 11:14:11 pm »
After how his last 3 jobs have ended I think the owners(whoever they are) would be greatly opposed to it.

As were most when BR took over yet he's turning things around slowly.

If he's given the time that Rafa had then he'll win things at Liverpool, same if Rafa ever came back and was given time, the fella had a dream start with us and it built a winning mentality, BR has got it much much tougher yet is making great strides in such a short space of time.

We're lucky we've had a manager who had a main goal in mind and we're even luckier to now have a manager with the same determination and the same goal. It's not to win the league, it's to win everything.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2013, 11:14:36 pm »

You would be one of the bellends I referred to previously then. One of the biggest piles of shite I have read on here.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2013, 11:14:54 pm »
Oh dear,looks like he's trying to force the club to sack him like he did at Inter.You have to wonder if he's more interested in collecting payoffs then winning matches.

Really?
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2013, 11:14:56 pm »

You'd have to have a pretty low opinion of Rodgers to think he wouldn't understand or would be bothered by a show of support for a former manager.

If he's that insecure, then he'll struggle hugely here.

Luckily there's almost no chance that he is.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2013, 11:15:46 pm »
Exactly, he's a humble man and he is just telling them its not about me its about YOUR team, so support. Maybe they just prefer a manager who thinks it is all about me, me, me.

I think I know who, that guy that everybody here is on a first-name basis with, that liverpool fans, despite what he has said, refer as "Jose".

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2013, 11:15:53 pm »
Link to the presser: http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606,00.html

Top man, top manager. It won't happen but I'd love to see him back here in another role. He's probably got better options on the continent. He's too good to have to deal with our media every week.

Rafa's looking angry. I hope he gets a job in a proper club next...

YNWA Rafa
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2013, 11:16:14 pm »
I don't recall our ground having Hodgson out posters from day one, do you?
Flags, banners, piss-take songs, whats the difference? The meaning and thought behind it is still the same.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2013, 11:16:14 pm »
Fucking love it. Spoke the truth and called out their shitty support for what they are. People talk about this bollocks of being diplomatic in front of the press. Why? The fans hate him and have never got behind him and he's given them the bollocking they deserve.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2013, 11:16:17 pm »
If Chelsea fans cannot understand that Rafa will 100% stand up for his club (LFC) whoever he upsets then they are daft.

If anyone thought this all wouldn't end any other way then they are dafter.

If Chelsea fans can't see they need to get 100% behind the manager and the players until May, then they are fucking stupid - 4th place is at risk for that two-bit, jumped up fucking no-mark club. They've forgotten what their existence is for like some ancient bacteria that's failed to evolve.

Great stuff wasn't it :)

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2013, 11:16:50 pm »
Have you heard the shite they've sang about him en masse? Hardly fucking comparable is it.

It was never like us with the Hodge ... Our anger grew as time went on him
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline keith3

• Main Stander
« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2013, 11:17:03 pm »
You would be one of the bellends I referred to previously then. One of the biggest piles of shite I have read on here.

No need for the abuse.

Rafa keeps on holding out for the biggest, wealthiest, most successful clubs and then fails. He took over a treble winning Inter side and dismantled them. He's taken over the reigning CL champs and they're in disarray.

I think he needs to lower his expectations a bit and work his way back up again. His reputation has taken a battering.
“I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”
”I use a quote with the players,“Per aspera ad astra”, which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’.”
“My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

-- Brendan Rodgers

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2013, 11:17:06 pm »
They haven't the bottle to go at Abramovich as he will sink them if he walked so they go at Rafa because their club is a cesspool

Always been a thoroughly nasty little club at it's heart

Millwall with cash.
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2013, 11:17:11 pm »
what image?!  :D

Chelsea FC, and their fans, have become the definition of shite. Hero worshipping a lying, selfish, ignorant fuck like Terry, tolerating the buuying and death threats to referees, directing their anger at the sacking of Di Matteo at his replacement because they are shit scared of upsetting their sugar daddy, the ony reason they have had success. This club finds new lows on a regular basis and makes United look like the Church of England in comparison. They have some true unpleasant scum, as there in every club, including ours, but the ease at which this dominant image is tolerated by the majority without backlash puts them at the top (or bottom) of the pile.

If Mourinho had come here, despite showing some 'lack of respect', apart from a minority, he would have been tolerated and supported I beleive, therein lies the difference in the clubs. It makes me regret somewhat the bile that was poured on Hodgson, who, and he had to go, did not deserve all the personal vitriol, excepting the fuuny stuff, that came his way.

Rafa is a good man, we know that, to see him treated like shit by grown adults for no good reason shows how far some parts of our society have sunk in the last 40 years or so.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2013, 11:17:57 pm »
Could not love the man more. Said when he went there that he deserved better than their fans its proven to be the case. The idiots genuinely cannot see that they're harming their team by chanting abuse at the manager every game.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2013, 11:17:59 pm »
If Rafa songs were sung or we paid tribute to Rafa, I think Rodgers would realise that it isn't anything against him, just appreciation for Rafa
I'm not so sure.

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2013, 11:18:00 pm »
Ha ha, love what you've done there Rafa !

'For me is no problem, they will be playing Europa League and I will be gone' - Thick plastic wankers

"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline keith3

• Main Stander
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2013, 11:18:50 pm »
It was never like us with the Hodge ... Our anger grew as time went on him

Hodge didn't insult our fans BEFORE he got the job, though.

Do you think we'd have been rosey if Brendan mocked our supporters, before applying for the job? We hold bigger grudges than the plastics!
“I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”
”I use a quote with the players,“Per aspera ad astra”, which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’.”
“My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

-- Brendan Rodgers

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2013, 11:18:55 pm »
Ha ha, love what you've done there Rafa !

'For me is no problem, they will be playing Europa League and I will be gone' - Thick plastic wankers

Agent Benitez: You can return to base.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2013, 11:19:02 pm »
No need for the abuse.

Rafa keeps on holding out for the biggest, wealthiest, most successful clubs and then fails. He took over a treble winning Inter side and dismantled them. He's taken over the reigning CL champs and they're in disarray.

I think he needs to lower his expectations a bit and work his way back up again. His reputation has taken a battering.
He did nothing to the squad, that was part of the problem he wasn't given any money. To say he dismantled a team that he did nothing to personnel wise is bizarre. How they've done since then shows he was right about the squad.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2013, 11:19:19 pm »
Millwall with cash.

Millwall praesenti pecunia

For the club badge, I suggest we circulate this one widely and, once they've worked it out, which could take time, they'll get even madder.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2013, 11:19:26 pm »
Horrible club with horrible fans and horrible players. Player power at Chelsea is shocking. Rafa, Scolari, AVB have all struggled in my opinion because of the players not adapting. Grant and di matteo just reverted to type. May as well give Terry the job and be done with it.