Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3422909 times)

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #35480 on: November 13, 2019, 06:25:25 pm »
Who gives a fuck what some lunatic thinks? Stop posting that shit here.

Is right.

We chat our shite here, let them chat their shite over there. We can be just as bitter and some utter nonsense has been spouted over the years about other teams, mainly United.  ;D Who cares what they think about us.

Its tribal football. Just enjoy us being boss.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #35481 on: November 13, 2019, 06:26:03 pm »
Don't like this subtle shift in the media PR battle against Liverpool.  Abu Dhabi have taken it off the pitch and seem to be pushing for a slightly more sinister agenda.  I can't quite put my finger on it, just feels unsettling.

I've always been well aware that rival fans will do anything to de-legitimise a Liverpool title win, at least in their own heads.  But now it feels like City as a club itself are feeding red meat into that particular grinder. It's very Trump-esque in that there's no real argument or rationale behind it - you just go after the integrity of your opponent with lies and bullshit, knowing full well there's an army of idiots out there only to willing to lap the bullshit up.  It's all nod nod wink wink, "just saying", "funny that isn't it" kind of implication and innuendo and I don't like it at all.

I don't want our club to get dragged into a PR war, but I really hope this narrative doesn't build steam so I hope there's something our own owners can do to counter it.

Which is why the authorities seem so reluctant to do anything about them. Abu Dhabi have form for taking on those who offer any kind of threat. The best lawyers the best bullshitters they will have it all. Maybe they are doing this to make us lose our focus, getting caught up in futile battles. We have to make sure we don't fall for it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #35482 on: November 13, 2019, 06:28:12 pm »
Bernardo Silva appears to have got off quite lightly with just a one match ban.  The BBC article only referenced the cartoon character offence though so possibly the (in my opinion) worse offence of the video is being looked at separately - the latter is grim 1970s "couldn't see you until you smiled" 'humour'.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #35483 on: November 13, 2019, 06:32:26 pm »
What gives today in the world of picked on, Victman City
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35484 on: November 13, 2019, 06:36:33 pm »
Don't like this subtle shift in the media PR battle against Liverpool.  Abu Dhabi have taken it off the pitch and seem to be pushing for a slightly more sinister agenda.  I can't quite put my finger on it, just feels unsettling.

I've always been well aware that rival fans will do anything to de-legitimise a Liverpool title win, at least in their own heads.  But now it feels like City as a club itself are feeding red meat into that particular grinder. It's very Trump-esque in that there's no real argument or rationale behind it - you just go after the integrity of your opponent with lies and bullshit, knowing full well there's an army of idiots out there only to willing to lap the bullshit up.  It's all nod nod wink wink, "just saying", "funny that isn't it" kind of implication and innuendo and I don't like it at all.

I don't want our club to get dragged into a PR war, but I really hope this narrative doesn't build steam so I hope there's something our own owners can do to counter it.

Like this sort of thing you mean?  https://twitter.com/SuperbiaProeIia/status/1194535248857632768

Paint LFC as the bad guys knowing the mutants love to read that sort of thing.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35485 on: November 13, 2019, 06:44:13 pm »
Actually starting to HATE this new generation of City fans. They're turning what should be a fantastic sporting rivalry between team world-class teams, into something quite toxic and utterly vile. All because they aren't having everything their own way. The clubs owners, the manager and players like Sterling aren't helping matters either.

It's like a video game for them though.  They want to feel challenged, but not so challenged that they end up losing.  It needs to feel challenging to give the win some sense of accomplishment, but as they keep putting in cheat codes whenever it gets too difficult nobody really gives a shit when they do win.

We're making them fight for it, and they really don't like that.  It's not like 11-12 when they were all fired up against Ferguson's United - now we're the hungry ones and they're the ones trying desperately to defend the perch.

Which is why the authorities seem so reluctant to do anything about them. Abu Dhabi have form for taking on those who offer any kind of threat. The best lawyers the best bullshitters they will have it all. Maybe they are doing this to make us lose our focus, getting caught up in futile battles. We have to make sure we don't fall for it.

This is what is bothering me.  It seems to have become personal for them and so they're doing everything they can to throw us off.  It's street fighting levels of dirty.

There seems to be an attempt to put our supporters on a par with the knuckle draggers of Millwall or Chelsea - like our fans are stuck in a timewarp and that nobody boos ex players anymore, and then there's the insinuations of potential racism towards Sterling - never mind the number of black and or African players we have in our team.  That makes the authorities look more closely at everything that we do, and can result in us being penalised for stuff that doesn't get a mention when it's other clubs.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35486 on: November 13, 2019, 06:44:22 pm »
You'd think that no other fans boo former players after they left on acrimonious terms wouldn't you.
Fuck em, lets hope he gets booed even more, the soft shite-arse.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #35487 on: November 13, 2019, 06:46:42 pm »
You'd think that no other fans boo former players after they left on acrimonious terms wouldn't you.
He’s only booed now because it affects his performance.

It’s just that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35488 on: November 13, 2019, 06:47:16 pm »

This is why Klopp is perfect for us.  He’ll rise above it, he’ll make jokes, he’ll say that it’s just football. Any engagement he’ll have with this sort of thing will be just to highlight the silliness of it.  He’s still very popular so that message will also get coverage.

I’d hate to think what it would get like if we had an unpopular guy in charge though.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35489 on: November 13, 2019, 06:47:20 pm »

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35490 on: November 13, 2019, 06:47:48 pm »
I like Guardiola only for one thing; for not joining ManUtd.
Been to Barcelona a few times and I have great friends in Barcelona and Girona, Catalans are always great people but yeah Pep is a bit proper douchebag. But i like him for fighting a bit for Catalania independence and mentioning it always.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #35491 on: November 13, 2019, 06:54:48 pm »
Moss Side pfft more like moss cried. The fannies
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #35492 on: November 13, 2019, 06:59:00 pm »
This thread now..

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35493 on: November 13, 2019, 07:15:04 pm »
This thread now..

Time has moved on for both of them, but I believe a flame still beats in Janet's heart, for Ro-land

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #35494 on: November 13, 2019, 07:29:50 pm »
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 07:42:32 pm by Capon Debaser »
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35495 on: November 13, 2019, 07:38:00 pm »
God help Sterling when he next plays at ours. I couldn't be bothered booing him before but I will in the future. I knew team Abu Dabi would get to the press and turn him into the victim in all this but I'm really surprised at how far its gone. They are basically okaying an assault on someone because he was booed at a game.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #35496 on: November 13, 2019, 07:41:29 pm »
One match ban for Bernardo Silva.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #35497 on: November 13, 2019, 07:42:22 pm »
Who gives a fuck what some lunatic thinks? Stop posting that shit here.

I care. I care deeply.

(Agonised sobbing)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35498 on: November 13, 2019, 07:46:24 pm »
Silva admits to having made a racist comment and gets a one match ban.

Suarez admits to a racist comment and gets a what 10 match ban??

:lmao :lmao :lmao They don't even attempt to hide it do they
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #35499 on: November 13, 2019, 07:49:44 pm »
I care. I care deeply.

(Agonised sobbing)

That’s because you are the lunatic.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #35500 on: November 13, 2019, 07:56:24 pm »

I know exactly what you mean.

There's a public perception war being fought with only one side firing shots because it seems impossible to refute such blatant untruths (in true Trump and Bozo style).

Seems the only way to combat it is to do what one does with trolls - deny them oxygen.

I  don't bother with Twitter or going on to rival fan sites for that reason.

The insidious nature of the Abu Dhabi PR machine with co-opted 'journalists' is quite chilling.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #35501 on: November 13, 2019, 08:06:29 pm »
It's like a video game for them though.  They want to feel challenged, but not so challenged that they end up losing.  It needs to feel challenging to give the win some sense of accomplishment, but as they keep putting in cheat codes whenever it gets too difficult nobody really gives a shit when they do win.

We're making them fight for it, and they really don't like that.  It's not like 11-12 when they were all fired up against Ferguson's United - now we're the hungry ones and they're the ones trying desperately to defend the perch.

This is what is bothering me.  It seems to have become personal for them and so they're doing everything they can to throw us off.  It's street fighting levels of dirty.

There seems to be an attempt to put our supporters on a par with the knuckle draggers of Millwall or Chelsea - like our fans are stuck in a timewarp and that nobody boos ex players anymore, and then there's the insinuations of potential racism towards Sterling - never mind the number of black and or African players we have in our team.  That makes the authorities look more closely at everything that we do, and can result in us being penalised for stuff that doesn't get a mention when it's other clubs.
Saddens me to say this but one of the thoughts I had was 'thank goodness it wasn't Henderson or we'd have had the race card pulled too ' - who knew they'd still manage to worm it in somehow.

Pathetic.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35502 on: November 13, 2019, 08:18:17 pm »
I'm not suggesting that there's any similarities but you don't need to go to neo-nazi, child-porn, snuff or ISIS websites to realise people are fucked.
How the hell did you get access to my internet history?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35503 on: November 13, 2019, 08:33:56 pm »
Comments from Daily Mail on Silva ban. The world has gone mad.

Bots at work.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35504 on: November 13, 2019, 08:40:35 pm »
Saddens me to say this but one of the thoughts I had was 'thank goodness it wasn't Henderson or we'd have had the race card pulled too ' - who knew they'd still manage to worm it in somehow.

Pathetic.

It's reminiscent of Abu Dhabi's claims that there's a UEFA agenda against them too.  Did they also insinuated there might be a racial element involved against the owners or did I imagine that?  In any case it's always about seeding doubt in the minds of the neutrals, except in football there's very few who are truly neutral and only too happy to believe whatever they want to.

Popcorn's Art

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #35505 on: November 13, 2019, 08:54:20 pm »
Seen pictures of the scratch and it looks like it continues into the neck area and then maybe hidden by the scarf.

Anyway, reading they have filed an official complain against Michael Oliver.... hilarious

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #35506 on: November 13, 2019, 08:58:46 pm »

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #35507 on: November 13, 2019, 08:59:22 pm »

Anyway, reading they have filed an official complain against Michael Oliver.... hilarious

What for exactly?! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #35508 on: November 13, 2019, 09:05:31 pm »
Seen pictures of the scratch and it looks like it continues into the neck area and then maybe hidden by the scarf.

So wait, that means the FA will have to charge Guardiola after all....

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #35509 on: November 13, 2019, 09:11:28 pm »
Some people say that Manchester City fans are delusional, entitled, parallel-universe-dwellers, but I can't see it myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9G8HOnE2lc
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #35510 on: November 13, 2019, 09:21:35 pm »
Some people say that Manchester City fans are delusional, entitled, parallel-universe-dwellers, but I can't see it myself.

I lasted about a minute and a half before closing it down...what a prick
Believer

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #35511 on: November 13, 2019, 09:30:34 pm »
It's reminiscent of Abu Dhabi's claims that there's a UEFA agenda against them too.  Did they also insinuated there might be a racial element involved against the owners or did I imagine that?  In any case it's always about seeding doubt in the minds of the neutrals, except in football there's very few who are truly neutral and only too happy to believe whatever they want to.

I think their Chairman pulled that card at the end of last season didn’t he? Some really staged interview on Sky I think.

Online TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #35512 on: November 13, 2019, 09:30:38 pm »
Comments from Daily Mail on Silva ban. The world has gone mad.

Daily mail...

Offline toe punt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #35513 on: November 13, 2019, 09:36:26 pm »
Such a small club mentality but hardly unexpected. Fans, manager, even their players were at it last season singing the 'battered in the streets' thing. It was a nice coincidence Sean Cox was there to see them get pumped.

As for the poison dwarf - strange to pick on someone so much bigger than him. He was booed before and it didn't seem to bother him, it's just this time he's a sore loser and now trying to play the victim. He should just look at his bank balance to cheer himself up.

Talking of bank balances apparently they will have another £100m to spend in January. Might be bollocks but hardly implausible for financial doping cheats. Guardiola hasn't really improved that defence all that much considering he's the master of improving players and tactics. He might get lucky with the cheque book but as with Mourinho that tactic doesn't work forever.

It must make them sick that the greatest time in their club's history is being overshadowed by us. Fantastic isn't it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 09:39:30 pm by toe punt »

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35514 on: November 13, 2019, 09:37:03 pm »

That channel is unbearable drivel. They had David Icke on there a while ago ffs.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35515 on: November 13, 2019, 09:40:16 pm »
Like most, I’ve disliked them for a while, but things are starting to turn really ugly. They are pathetic on every level, a shit stain on the game. The media who are defending Sterling are a disgrace. There seems to be a full on PR offensive in swing here, not just in favour of them as usual, but trying to paint us in a bad light. There is enough shit spouted about Liverpool as it is, the club, fans and city don’t need it. As already said in the thread, something sinister appears to be going on now. The hypocrisy at work here is astonishing.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35516 on: November 13, 2019, 09:40:58 pm »
Just a bit of casual blanket racism there. A bit of craic, like. No harm done. Racism is for snowflakes etc etc.

These are the same people I've had tell me that imperial colonialism has had nothing to do with slavery, and in turn, racism. I agree with them that the world really has gone mad with c*nts like them in it.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35517 on: November 13, 2019, 09:41:18 pm »
And they've the temerity to call us victims. They're even more rattled than Barca. :lmao

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35518 on: November 13, 2019, 09:42:23 pm »
What for exactly?! ;D

Pep thinks he's Ferguson and can make sure he never refs another City game again.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35519 on: November 13, 2019, 09:44:08 pm »
That channel is unbearable drivel. They had David Icke on there a while ago ffs.
That one lad that claims to be a Liverpool supporter is also one clueless bellwhiff.