Author Topic: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC  (Read 234429 times)

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
Re: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« Reply #1080 on: May 20, 2019, 11:16:58 am »
dunno but they have

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/13/champions-league-final-dressing-rooms-liverpool-lap-luxury-spurs/

I like the idea of the Liverpool dressing room being below the fans in the ground. They might just hear and feel us depending on the construction, which would provide a great lift for the players.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1081 on: May 20, 2019, 11:17:20 am »
Say because we will use last year's pain and experience or that we are a better team (I know it doesn't necessarily matter in a final), I just have a hunch we're gonna win this final. A hard fought and close win though. Spurs can be a pain in the ass. Had it been Ajax, I would have been dead certain about a 6th European Cup.

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1082 on: May 20, 2019, 11:19:13 am »
i actually watched last years highlights at the weekend

if it doesnt make you want to win nothing will

Salah going off, argh, im sure we would have won
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #1083 on: May 20, 2019, 11:21:05 am »
I don't think fans on a forum dismissing them has much of an effect on the match itself.

Thankfully!
JFT97

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: May 20, 2019, 11:28:26 am »
We lost 4-1 to them  not 5-0. Again for the unteenth time I am not sure what predictions on here have anything to do with what the players and manager think. I dont know why people keep bringing this up in every match,  we dont.control the emotionsn and thoughts of the manager and the players. They are here with merit and know what they have to.do and there hasnt been a single time this year in a big match that we underestimated the oppositon

If you are worried about the final thats fair enough but stop making it out like we are dictating what will happen.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1085 on: May 20, 2019, 11:31:33 am »
I don't think fans on a forum dismissing them has much of an effect on the match itself.

I’d argue it does. Most on here are match goers, increased expectation that we’ll ‘smash’ the opposition translates to the audible moans and groans when we’re stuck at 0-0 after 40 minutes, this surely impacts the players?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: May 20, 2019, 11:34:23 am »
I’d argue it does. Most on here are match goers, increased expectation that we’ll ‘smash’ the opposition translates to the audible moans and groans when we’re stuck at 0-0 after 40 minutes, this surely impacts the players?

There are 40,000 registered members from all.over the world and you think all of them go to the match and post their predictions on here?You're off your rocker. Anfield has been exceptional all year long and this is a bloody final.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: May 20, 2019, 11:36:45 am »
There are 40,000 registered members from all.over the world and you think all of them go to the match and post their predictions on here?You're off your rocker. Anfield has been exceptional all year long and this is a bloody final.

You do know there are LFC forums other than RAWK right?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: May 20, 2019, 11:40:33 am »
We lost 4-1 to them  not 5-0.

Thanks, thought I had blanked a game out from my memory. Still, I try not to worry about a match we lost 18 months ago at a non-neutral place, particularly as we've had more recent games against them which we've won, all of which will have little to no bearing on what happens on June 1st anyway.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: May 20, 2019, 11:50:52 am »
You do know there are LFC forums other than RAWK right?

Err you said most on here, you weren't talking about the entire bloody internet so make up your mind.

You do know that we've just won 16 out of 18 games, at Anfield, several in which we scored late winning goals in the last 15 minutes of games, and none of them were negatively influenced by predictions and expectations from match going supporters on this forum or any other Liverpool forum right?

So let's pretend your theory is correct and that the majority of Anfield, they're all members of Liverpool forums online who all predict and expect comfortable wins, the lads on the pitch, you know that actually kick the ball around, haven't been negatively impacted by it.

Again we're playing in a European cup final hence the thread title, if you for a second believe that people will be sitting on their hands moaning and groaning instead of supporting the side in a European cup final,again, as I said you're off your rocker

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: May 20, 2019, 11:53:43 am »
Err you said most on here, you weren't talking about the entire bloody internet so make up your mind.

You do know that we've just won 16 out of 18 games, at Anfield, several in which we scored late winning goals in the last 15 minutes of games, and none of them were negatively influenced by predictions and expectations from match going supporters on this forum or any other Liverpool forum right?

So let's pretend your theory is correct and that the majority of Anfield, they're all members of Liverpool forums online who all predict and expect comfortable wins, the lads on the pitch, you know that actually kick the ball around, haven't been negatively impacted by it.

Again we're playing in a European cup final hence the thread title, if you for a second believe that people will be sitting on their hands moaning and groaning instead of supporting the side in a European cup final,again, as I said you're off your rocker

So you don't think the crowd has any influence on the players?

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: May 20, 2019, 12:00:56 pm »
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1092 on: May 20, 2019, 12:02:33 pm »
When did they beat us 5-0?
Shite sorry, thinking of the City game. The 4-1 game I meant.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1093 on: May 20, 2019, 12:07:17 pm »
We lost 4-1 to them  not 5-0. Again for the unteenth time I am not sure what predictions on here have anything to do with what the players and manager think. I dont know why people keep bringing this up in every match,  we dont.control the emotionsn and thoughts of the manager and the players. They are here with merit and know what they have to.do and there hasnt been a single time this year in a big match that we underestimated the oppositon

If you are worried about the final thats fair enough but stop making it out like we are dictating what will happen.
I never made it out like we are dictating what happens. I was simply pointing out that people writing off Spurs need to get real. This is going to be a tough match IMO.

Opinions don't change the outcomes of games, you can say whatever you want on here and it won't change anything. But seeing opinions that are based more on reason rather than brashness would be preferable, particularly as it benefits the quality of the discussion.

I hope we win 5-0 and I look like a complete clown.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: May 20, 2019, 12:09:21 pm »
Shite sorry, thinking of the City game. The 4-1 game I meant.

That'll give you more confidence no? Man City beat us 5-0 and we beat them 5-1 on aggregate in this competition in the same season :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: May 20, 2019, 01:05:45 pm »
I never made it out like we are dictating what happens. I was simply pointing out that people writing off Spurs need to get real. This is going to be a tough match IMO.

Opinions don't change the outcomes of games, you can say whatever you want on here and it won't change anything. But seeing opinions that are based more on reason rather than brashness would be preferable, particularly as it benefits the quality of the discussion.

I hope we win 5-0 and I look like a complete clown.

There's a mixture of responses on here, there's 27 pages of discussion and not every single post is the same. Whatever prediction, deep down we all know it's going to be a tough match, we don't do easy finals, regardless of opposition. For every outlandish prediction there's always others who are conservative but seeing as you know this by now, a pre-match thread mate always consists of this. What actually happens on the pitch is a different story

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: May 20, 2019, 01:09:01 pm »

Predictions on forums don't have an influence on the players. Predictions by match going supporters on forums don't translate to = shite atmosphere. Predicting a comfortable win doesn't = not supporting the side during the match regardless of outcome.

Based on that logic, Anfield would have been extremely tedious with boos and groans and moans all year long, because not every match at home was comfortable in the first 45 minutes hence why I mentioned our success at home this season.

Can the entire ground influence the players yes of course they can, when the entire stadium is behind you ala Barca recently we all know what's possible, BUT unless the entirety of Anfield starts booing our own and sits dead silent for the entirety of the match because they predicted a comfortable win on RAWK or TIA, then no predictions on a forum have feck all influence on the players on the pitch, the results prove that.

Keep moving goalposts though

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1098 on: May 20, 2019, 01:19:12 pm »
3-1 win. I just can't see us winning by less than 2. We're better than we were the last time we beat them. Much better form. Their form has been woeful for much of the run in.

Of course, they could play their dream game and we have a nightmare. I'd put it at 80/20 in our favour.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: May 20, 2019, 02:11:35 pm »
That's solid but you should add in key factors such as pleasure, pain and reasons to remember the name.

hahaha
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: May 20, 2019, 02:21:28 pm »
Keita has been included in the 26 man squad for Marbella.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: May 20, 2019, 02:22:27 pm »
great news

but smacks of emre can last year

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: May 20, 2019, 02:24:15 pm »
They're deemed the home team thanks to the draw that was made, how have they ended up with the away dressing room?

Can't put European royalty in the broom closet:

https://talksport.com/football/542555/liverpool-home-champions-league-tottenham/

Something to do with security.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1104 on: May 20, 2019, 02:24:25 pm »

Was just about to post this. Interesting indeed.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: May 20, 2019, 02:27:28 pm »
great news

but smacks of emre can last year

If he can make the bench, he's a useful option.  :)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: May 20, 2019, 02:29:34 pm »
Liverpool have named a 26-man squad for their Marbella training camp.

The Reds will spend the next six days in Spain preparing for the upcoming Champions League final against Tottenham Hotspur in Madrid.

The squad set off from John Lennon Airport on Monday afternoon, with Jürgen Klopp selecting 26 players to work with on the Andalusian coast.

Training camp squad: Alexander-Arnold, Alisson, Brewster, Fabinho, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Jones, Keita, Kelleher, Lallana, Lovren, Mane, Matip, Mignolet, Milner, Moreno, Origi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robertson, Salah, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Woodburn.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1107 on: May 20, 2019, 02:34:08 pm »
If he can make the bench, he's a useful option.  :)
true. should have more options than last year, not just because we have 12 subs now either

last year i think the bench was a factor that hurt. salah and karius factors cost us big time but having little on the bench didnt help.

Lallana and Can weren't fit, and no other options. we were 3-1 and still didnt bother with solanke, wasnt any clamour for him to come on either

bit different this year

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: May 20, 2019, 02:35:17 pm »
true. should have more options than last year, not just because we have 12 subs now either

last year i think the bench was a factor that hurt. salah and karius factors cost us big time but having little on the bench didnt help.

Lallana and Can weren't fit, and no other options. we were 3-1 and still didnt bother with solanke, wasnt any clamour for him to come on either

bit different this year

and our starting 3 in midfield were already running on fumes since we've had the injuries leading up to it.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #1109 on: May 20, 2019, 02:42:12 pm »
Welcome to the internet where there is no room for rational posts like yours.

The game is either going to be us winning 6-0 or us losing 6-0 if you read some of the posts on here. Reminds me why I avoid pre-game threads, silly me for coming into this one. Read the pre-game threads from the final last year ("We will smash these 5-0 they are not as good as they used to be").

Yes we have more points then Spurs do this season. Tell you what, when the players cross onto the pitch, it will not matter one bit. This game is about 90 minutes or 120 minutes plus a lottery; anything can happen in that space of time against a team that more often then not matches up against us. What we have done over 38 games will have no bearing on the result.

Let's be confident, yes absolutely. But to dismiss them outright is foolish.

The good thing is Klopp and the players especially after last year will not think that.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1110 on: May 20, 2019, 02:42:56 pm »
I can't believe we have to wait so long for the match this year. It seems like such a long wait. We'll be playing our final at the same time Utd play their Europa League qualifiers at this rate. :)

I love that flags are starting to appear on houses/cars etc already. Should just get more and more the closer we get.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: May 20, 2019, 02:44:01 pm »
and our starting 3 in midfield were already running on fumes since we've had the injuries leading up to it.
yeah i dont like when that trio start but nothing else we could do.

Lallana and Can barely fit and ox injured

if it was Real in the final this year you would fancy it big time

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1112 on: May 20, 2019, 02:45:35 pm »

bit different this year

Quite. The fact we have Divi, Chambo and Shaqiri to come on and chase the game if we need to is such a positive change.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: May 20, 2019, 02:59:09 pm »
The extra time sub is something we have never dealt with before.

Will be interesting if in the situation with two minutes left of extra time if either side opts for a penalty taker sub as we have twelve on the bench to pick from.

Could be a moment for Sturridge or something to keep him motivated.  Think he missed one for great britain in olympics as well as the everton drubbing  but scored a big one against United in europa league run.     
No time for caution.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: May 20, 2019, 02:59:41 pm »

that depends on how many RAWKites are actually planning to be in the stadium witnessing the final.  Maybe you should share these dire warnings with all the other LFC forums you mentioned?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: May 20, 2019, 03:00:12 pm »
The extra time sub is something we have never dealt with before.

Will be interesting if in the situation with two minutes left of extra time if either side opts for a penalty taker sub as we have twelve on the bench to pick from.

Could be a moment for Sturridge or something to keep him motivated.  Think he missed one for great britain in olympics as well as the everton drubbing  but scored a big one against United in europa league run.   

We wont need it. ;) ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: May 20, 2019, 03:09:52 pm »
Predictions on forums don't have an influence on the players. Predictions by match going supporters on forums don't translate to = shite atmosphere. Predicting a comfortable win doesn't = not supporting the side during the match regardless of outcome.

Based on that logic, Anfield would have been extremely tedious with boos and groans and moans all year long, because not every match at home was comfortable in the first 45 minutes hence why I mentioned our success at home this season.

Can the entire ground influence the players yes of course they can, when the entire stadium is behind you ala Barca recently we all know what's possible, BUT unless the entirety of Anfield starts booing our own and sits dead silent for the entirety of the match because they predicted a comfortable win on RAWK or TIA, then no predictions on a forum have feck all influence on the players on the pitch, the results prove that.

Keep moving goalposts though

You seemed to have missed my original point, which is probably down to me not being more clear in fairness (im to lazy to type war and peace).

You said that fans ‘dismissing’ teams on a forum does not effect the match result. I said theres a possibility that it could, due to increased fan expectation (from match goers who have sat on a football forum all week ‘dismissing’ the opposition) translating to the players in the form of discontent when said team does not get ‘dismissed’ (groans etc).

Regardless of the fact its a final and Anfield has been exceptional this year is irrelevant to my original point which is excessive fan expectation from match goers could result in disappointment when things arent going as expected which ultimately transfers to the players.

Just to confirm, im not stating fact, i have no hard evidence, i dont have stats, decibel readings or any of that shite, i was just debating against your original  point that fan expectation does not affect the players

Enjoy the final bud.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #1117 on: May 20, 2019, 03:19:38 pm »

bit different this year
Now that we can name 12 subs, my big query is if should we go with 2 or 3 Keepers? I'm assuming that 2 will be chosen, but considering its a specialized position why take any risks? 10 outfield subs should be more than adequate to cover all areas.
Highly unlikely that 3 will ever be required, but red cards/injury etc. Haven't we used 3 different keepers in one game before? An injury, before our sub keeper was sent off, to be replaced by an outfield player? In think during Dalglish's 2nd era?

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1118 on: May 20, 2019, 03:21:24 pm »
Probably asked already, but is the match going to be streamed for free on YouTube like it was last year?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: May 20, 2019, 03:25:43 pm »
Now that we can name 12 subs, my big query is if should we go with 2 or 3 Keepers? I'm assuming that 2 will be chosen, but considering its a specialized position why take any risks? 10 outfield subs should be more than adequate to cover all areas.
Highly unlikely that 3 will ever be required, but red cards/injury etc. Haven't we used 3 different keepers in one game before? An injury, before our sub keeper was sent off, to be replaced by an outfield player? In think during Dalglish's 2nd era?

There's no reason to have 3 keepers.

More on Keita per the Echo

James Pearce: "Jurgen Klopp wants to keep Keita involved and he will continue his rehabilitation programme away from the main squad with the club's fitness coaches this week.