Author Topic: The Labour Party (*)  (Read 883873 times)

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
Re: The Labour Party (*)
« Reply #8600 on: May 22, 2017, 06:19:50 pm »
Seemed like the reporter was specifically asking him whether he could condemn the IRA as a group so I don't see how it's been reported as is wrong?

He did though as confirmed by The Guardian and anyone who has ears and listened to him.

So where is the condemnation of may for  meeting Netanyahu and the saudis?

Fake news. Those horrendous regimes are our friends (i.e. We sell them arms on civilian populaces).
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #8601 on: May 22, 2017, 06:21:57 pm »

What?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #8602 on: May 22, 2017, 06:25:23 pm »

Meeting heads of state whilst in office is an expected part of the job, even if they are objectionable.

Corbyn's past associations lack the defence of being his day job - not many of his foreign causes had much impact on life in Islington. They are being mightily spun by both sides, but equating them with ministerial trips is unsustainable.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8603 on: May 22, 2017, 06:31:57 pm »
To be honest ive been thinking about this as well , putting it bluntly, does calling someone a communist or IRA etc  just not hit home like it did 12 or 20 yrs ago, maybe not but he's got enough baggage to upset many people for different reasons. it might sound unfair but everyone's got their own personnel beliefs and they may not be connected to economic policys at all, there will be people refusing to vote Tory because of Fox hunting at this election.
Am not dismissing this as trivial am just making the point while we think savage cuts or Brexit are important others will put this as their most important consideration.

There was always going to be sticks to batter him with. But the Tories didn't even have to pick them up. When I first commented in here this morning, I seen a few posts knocking Corbyn for not reversing the welfare cuts.

Thatcher got her wish. We live in an economy, not a society anymore. The JAMS need to be pacified with lies. But after the last 7 years of nonstop life on benefits exposes, the useless eaters are bigger vote losers than threatening nuclear war on Russia.

It's bollocksed, mate. The old left/right divide is smoke and mirrors. I'm not some nutcase conspiracy theorist. The theories have been proved fact. A small pool of people and their corporations are getting a tighter and tighter grip on everything. Have a look at what the Bush family are doing with the water supplies and tables in America, both north and south.

That whole family should be in prison, along with the bankers that caused all this suffering.

George Bush appears on chat shows, looking under the couch for Weapons of Mass Destruction. Tony Blair is telling Labour voters not to vote for Corbyn. Our politicians are still debating on wether to take Sir Greed's knighthood back. Whack it out amongst the workers. A few minutes nobility for all to take their mind off the pensions he robbed.

It's fucked. And there was nothing much Corbyn could have done to fight it, anyway. But once he's gone, the only thing standing between American Free Trade and the NHS is Owen Smith and co.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8604 on: May 22, 2017, 06:34:54 pm »
Well in mate.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8605 on: May 22, 2017, 06:35:14 pm »
They're both trying to distance themselves by claiming they never met her.   

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8606 on: May 22, 2017, 07:18:10 pm »
Seemed like the reporter was specifically asking him whether he could condemn the IRA as a group so I don't see how it's been reported as is wrong?
“I condemn all the bombing by both the loyalists and the IRA.”

Condemnation of the IRA.  Literally a quote by the man.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of Ł22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8607 on: May 22, 2017, 07:22:53 pm »
He did though as confirmed by The Guardian and anyone who has ears and listened to him.

Fake news. Those horrendous regimes are our friends (i.e. We sell them arms on civilian populaces).
With equivalence. He obviously supported them. Everyone knows it.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #8608 on: May 22, 2017, 07:35:46 pm »
Corbyn's fans went on about Smith and his Pfizer connections. It's a bit hypocritical to now complain about the Tories talking about Corbyn's IRA connections. This is the choice they made last year. This is the Labour party they have.

I'd rather take a prescription drug to be honest than a piece of shrapnel.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8609 on: May 22, 2017, 07:37:29 pm »

it took him a while to say that, couldn't bring himself to answer the question properly by bringing in the loyalists, just answer the question straight and say you condemn the ira's bombing and he's batted it away but he can't do that, maybe he can't handle the thought of not getting a Christmas card from Bobby sands this year

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #8610 on: May 22, 2017, 07:42:04 pm »
it took him a while to say that, couldn't bring himself to answer the question properly by bringing in the loyalists, just answer the question straight and say you condemn the ira's bombing and he's batted it away but he can't do that, maybe he can't handle the thought of not getting a Christmas card from Bobby sands this year

To see how poor that response is you have to imagine Corbyn answering the question "Do you condemn UDA violence" with the answer "I condemn all violence, and there was violence from the IRA too."
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8611 on: May 22, 2017, 07:50:50 pm »

SR: So can you condemn unequivocally the IRA?

JEREMY CORBYN: Look, bombing is wrong, of course all bombing is wrong, of course I condemn it.

SR: You are condemning all bombing but can you condemn the IRA without equating it to …?

JEREMY CORBYN: No, I think what you have to say is all bombing has to be condemned and you have to bring about a peace process.  Listen …

SR: But do you condemn the IRA?

JEREMY CORBYN: Wait a minute, can you allow me to finish please?  In the 1980s Britain was looking for a military solution in Ireland: it clearly was never going to work, ask anyone in the British Army at that time.  Therefore you have to seek a peace process.  You condemn the violence of those that laid bombs that killed large numbers of innocent people and I do.

SR: But can you condemn the IRA, who were responsible for …

JEREMY CORBYN: I just condemned all those that do bombing, all those on both sides.

SR: If you let me finish as well after I let you finish that would be appreciated.

JEREMY CORBYN: All those on both sides that laid bombs.

SR: But can you condemn the IRA who were responsible for 60% of the deaths during the Troubles with the British security services who were responsible for 10%?

JEREMY CORBYN: And there were Loyalist bombs as well which you haven’t mentioned.

SR: Yes, 30%.

JEREMY CORBYN: There were Loyalist bombs as well.  I condemn all the bombing by both the Loyalists and the IRA.

This is what allows Sky News etc to claim - 'Corbyn refuses 5/6 times...'.

Just say it in the first sentence.

And if we're going to be precise and semantic - because Corbyn certainly was - at no time did he infact condemn the IRA, full stop. He condemned bombing by the IRA. If the media really wanted to go for Corbyn, they'd ask him if he condemned so-called military operations conducted by the IRA against UK military targets. They'd ask him if he thought the IRA had a right to resist British occupation. Now that would be an interesting exchange.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Baraka

• bama. But a lot lot lot lot stupider. Has an IQ of 6˝
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8612 on: May 22, 2017, 08:02:55 pm »
to be honest I wouldn't condemn family members of the people who got killed on bloody Sunday for going after paras. If my cousin or brother or father was killed in that way I would probably bare arms.
South Park>>>>>All.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8613 on: May 22, 2017, 08:04:32 pm »
There was always going to be sticks to batter him with. But the Tories didn't even have to pick them up. When I first commented in here this morning, I seen a few posts knocking Corbyn for not reversing the welfare cuts.

Thatcher got her wish. We live in an economy, not a society anymore. The JAMS need to be pacified with lies. But after the last 7 years of nonstop life on benefits exposes, the useless eaters are bigger vote losers than threatening nuclear war on Russia.

It's bollocksed, mate. The old left/right divide is smoke and mirrors. I'm not some nutcase conspiracy theorist. The theories have been proved fact. A small pool of people and their corporations are getting a tighter and tighter grip on everything. Have a look at what the Bush family are doing with the water supplies and tables in America, both north and south.

That whole family should be in prison, along with the bankers that caused all this suffering.

George Bush appears on chat shows, looking under the couch for Weapons of Mass Destruction. Tony Blair is telling Labour voters not to vote for Corbyn. Our politicians are still debating on wether to take Sir Greed's knighthood back. Whack it out amongst the workers. A few minutes nobility for all to take their mind off the pensions he robbed.

It's fucked. And there was nothing much Corbyn could have done to fight it, anyway. But once he's gone, the only thing standing between American Free Trade and the NHS is Owen Smith and co.
Corbyn never reversed the welfare cuts though, Owen Smith did all the hard work to make this happen, it was a bit too complex for Corbyn. sorry but I felt sick the way Smith was booed by Corbyn supporters after all he did to fight the Tory welfare cuts while Corbyn stood smiling taking all the praise and applause when he did f...all.

It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #8614 on: May 22, 2017, 08:07:24 pm »
SR: So can you condemn unequivocally the IRA?

JEREMY CORBYN: Look, bombing is wrong, of course all bombing is wrong, of course I condemn it.

SR: You are condemning all bombing but can you condemn the IRA without equating it to …?

JEREMY CORBYN: No, I think what you have to say is all bombing has to be condemned and you have to bring about a peace process.  Listen …

SR: But do you condemn the IRA?

JEREMY CORBYN: Wait a minute, can you allow me to finish please?  In the 1980s Britain was looking for a military solution in Ireland: it clearly was never going to work, ask anyone in the British Army at that time.  Therefore you have to seek a peace process.  You condemn the violence of those that laid bombs that killed large numbers of innocent people and I do.

SR: But can you condemn the IRA, who were responsible for …

JEREMY CORBYN: I just condemned all those that do bombing, all those on both sides.

SR: If you let me finish as well after I let you finish that would be appreciated.

JEREMY CORBYN: All those on both sides that laid bombs.

SR: But can you condemn the IRA who were responsible for 60% of the deaths during the Troubles with the British security services who were responsible for 10%?

JEREMY CORBYN: And there were Loyalist bombs as well which you haven’t mentioned.

SR: Yes, 30%.

JEREMY CORBYN: There were Loyalist bombs as well.  I condemn all the bombing by both the Loyalists and the IRA.

This is what allows Sky News etc to claim - 'Corbyn refuses 5/6 times...'.

Just say it in the first sentence.

And if we're going to be precise and semantic - because Corbyn certainly was - at no time did he infact condemn the IRA, full stop. He condemned bombing by the IRA. If the media really wanted to go for Corbyn, they'd ask him if he condemned so-called military operations conducted by the IRA against UK military targets. They'd ask him if he thought the IRA had a right to resist British occupation. Now that would be an interesting exchange.

Ahem. I don't think your right wing media would frame it quite like that.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8615 on: May 22, 2017, 08:22:25 pm »

Apparently this isn't enough and he has to take sides or he's a traitor.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8616 on: May 22, 2017, 08:27:06 pm »
to be honest I wouldn't condemn family members of the people who got killed on bloody Sunday for going after paras. If my cousin or brother or father was killed in that way I would probably bare arms.
I get that. But neither of us is running for PM.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #8617 on: May 22, 2017, 08:30:44 pm »

A quote out of a painfully long context.

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8618 on: May 22, 2017, 08:32:12 pm »
His stance was admirable in the past but his manner of response wasn't in the best interests of the party. A quick condemnation of the IRA followed by a statement on how it was a Labour government who oversaw the implementation of the Good Friday Agreement would have shut them up.

This is small slip in comparison with this weeks Tory wobbles but the press will try and use anything to even the playing field. Corbyn could learn a few things from May when it comes to dodging questions.

You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8619 on: May 22, 2017, 08:40:12 pm »
He did take sides. No one here has called him a traitor.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8620 on: May 22, 2017, 08:41:00 pm »
Bobby Sands the dead hunger striker...That Bobby Sands ?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8621 on: May 22, 2017, 08:41:56 pm »
He did take sides. No one here has called him a traitor.
Quite. He's just incapable of making it clear to the public...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8622 on: May 22, 2017, 08:42:03 pm »
Bobby Sands the dead hunger striker...That Bobby Sands ?
think you missed the point I was making there

He was asked about the IRA not the loyalists who he was trying to use to justify what the IRA did

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8623 on: May 22, 2017, 08:47:22 pm »
Corbyn never reversed the welfare cuts though, Owen Smith did all the hard work to make this happen, it was a bit too complex for Corbyn. sorry but I felt sick the way Smith was booed by Corbyn supporters after all he did to fight the Tory welfare cuts while Corbyn stood smiling taking all the praise and applause when he did f...all.

You're right mate, Smith did. But that's about all I can agree with. And I'm not too sure where the party would stand on austerity if Corbyn hadn't won both leadership contests. But I'm leaving it that now.

I shouldn't have came in, anyway. There's nothing I can say, that I haven't said before. Lovely to see all the young people becoming involved again, though. Poor bastards, they'll be inheriting it all. And as I've probably already said, if this is the result of Thatcherism, I hate to think what these kids will be facing in middle age and dotage.

Oh well, that's enough doom and gloom. Role on the 9th. Who knows, a few more weeks of strong stable wobbling, there might still be a straw left to grasp.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

gqP6w

« Reply #8624 on: May 22, 2017, 08:53:59 pm »

He was asked about the IRA not the loyalists who he was trying to use to justify what the IRA did

Think it was perfectly clear that he was condemning the actions of all groups that bombed.

It's only an issue on here because the usual suspects will use anything Corbyn does as a stick to beat him with.

Queue the aforementioned criticising me :-p

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8625 on: May 22, 2017, 08:57:31 pm »

Think it was perfectly clear that he was condemning the actions of all groups that bombed.

It's only an issue on here because the usual suspects will use anything Corbyn does as a stick to beat him with.

Queue the aforementioned criticising me :-p
he wasn't asked if he condemned all of them, just the one that he has links with and quite clearly supported in the 80s/90s.

Answer that question straight and the issue largely goes away, his failure to do so several times is why it's still an issue and why the Tories have a great attack line against him.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8626 on: May 22, 2017, 09:17:47 pm »
He's been fortunate this IRA issue has been buried under the Tory clusterfuck of the past 2 days, he needs to nip this in the bud before Andrew Neil rips him apart over it, otherwise it'll create more unnecessary shite PR. Surely they can figure out the right response by now ffs.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8627 on: May 22, 2017, 09:18:55 pm »
You're right mate, Smith did. But that's about all I can agree with. And I'm not too sure where the party would stand on austerity if Corbyn hadn't won both leadership contests. But I'm leaving it that now.

I shouldn't have came in, anyway. There's nothing I can say, that I haven't said before. Lovely to see all the young people becoming involved again, though. Poor bastards, they'll be inheriting it all. And as I've probably already said, if this is the result of Thatcherism, I hate to think what these kids will be facing in middle age and dotage.

Oh well, that's enough doom and gloom. Role on the 9th. Who knows, a few more weeks of strong stable wobbling, there might still be a straw left to grasp.
I agree entirely FS, I honestly wouldn't have a bad word to say about Corbyn if he had come in and stopped the party moving to far to the right then just bowed out when the time was right,, it got so bad Labour MPs believed the public wanted these cuts. nobody wants cuts, even McDonnell made a better argument than some Labour MPs in favour of cuts. no cuts when theres an alternative.
This country faces far more problems than just a Tory government though.
Over the next few years people who said they were willing to pay the price for Brexit will be up in arms when the Torys inflict awful changes on our lives as a result of Brexit, they will protest the Tory cuts one day and the next day tell people who argue how disastrous Brexit is becoming to get over it. :butt
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8628 on: May 22, 2017, 09:22:06 pm »
He's been fortunate this IRA issue has been buried under the Tory clusterfuck of the past 2 days, he needs to nip this in the bud before Andrew Neil rips him apart over it, otherwise it'll create more unnecessary shite PR. Surely they can figure out the right response by now ffs.

Neil will have him over hot coals if he doesn't come out before hand and just nip it in the bud.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8629 on: May 22, 2017, 09:57:36 pm »

You've got this backwards: what is it that you think we have against Corbyn?

Many people on this thread believed Corbyn was the wrong person for the leadership, precisely because of issues like this. Precisely because of the question of judgement in his views in this area and/or that it exposes him to precisely this sort of attack. Look at the leadership threads from two years ago.

This is exactly not 'any excuse to attack Corbyn' - it's one of the key objections to him as leader in the first place.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8630 on: May 22, 2017, 11:58:00 pm »
Just watching the young Turks go on about how corbyn is doing, going fairly well until they praised the canary

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8631 on: May 23, 2017, 07:10:03 am »
As campaigning has been suspended there's no point having this opened. More important things happening this morning.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8632 on: May 26, 2017, 06:37:55 am »
As campaigning is restarting we'll unlock this and the Election thread.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #8633 on: May 26, 2017, 09:50:43 am »
and the slagging off of the Tories thread?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8634 on: May 26, 2017, 09:56:46 am »
I do hope labour win this election, however the three leaders of the parties are all utterly hopeless.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PoorScouser

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8635 on: May 26, 2017, 10:04:07 am »
 http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-poll-yougov-latest-jeremy-corbyn-tory-points-slashed-theresa-may-party-surge-a7756421.html

Honestly was not expecting further gains after the ones last week though will be keeping the corks in for now, as I am really expecting a reversal with Mondays events. Regardless of this poll and the gains made, we are still behind, and a major event such as this one will usually benefit the incumbent.

That said, maybe people will be rather pissed off about the cuts to police that COULD have prevented the sad events of Monday and turn against the Tories? Hope more than expectation there granted.
'Referee's know the rules but they don't know the game' Bill Shankly

'Like all madmen I thought everyone was mad but myself' Tolstoy

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #8636 on: May 26, 2017, 10:07:25 am »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-poll-yougov-latest-jeremy-corbyn-tory-points-slashed-theresa-may-party-surge-a7756421.html

Honestly was not expecting further gains after the ones last week though will be keeping the corks in for now, as I am really expecting a reversal with Mondays events. Regardless of this poll and the gains made, we are still behind, and a major event such as this one will usually benefit the incumbent.

That said, maybe people will be rather pissed off about the cuts to police that COULD have prevented the sad events of Monday and turn against the Tories? Hope more than expectation there granted.

I was very surprised that the polling gap didn't open up again after the horrible events in Manchester as well, I thought that would play reasonably well for the Tories, although there were some hints from Yougov that the numbers for a poll they were doing pre-attack might have been even better for Labour.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #8637 on: May 26, 2017, 10:17:20 am »
Swings away from a Government in polls leading to an election aren't usually a trend, the wood-in-arse middle tend to "stick to the devil you know".

The polls over the next week will tell us whether they are with foundation or not.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8638 on: May 26, 2017, 10:17:44 am »
and the slagging off of the Tories thread?

Oh yes. Will do.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8639 on: May 26, 2017, 08:06:30 pm »
Nobody to blame but himself.

Worst self defence since Guy Fawkes, the silly bastard. Of course, what we've done in the middle east has led to what's happening today. The whole thing has been a disaster since the crusades. But if he was going to take that course, he should have been ready for the flak and able to defend everything that was bound to get thrown at him.

Our kids getting killed in illegal war, bodies coming homes, chaos left behind,  lines of refugees headed here, suicide bombers in the lines, the cost of a useless nuclear missile, "nuclear primacy" theory foriegn policy, the rising threat "of winnable" nuclear war, how the money could be used to kit the troops properly instead of sending them the Army and Navy to buy boots, the lack of police, the chaos in the hospitals, funding them, combating extremism in the communities and prisons, the list goes on....

ridiculous to even mention it, but he had every right to bring up how we've ballsed up everything we've touched in the middle east for decades and how it's making matters worse. He had every right to bring up alternative policies. He had every right to give alternative answers. He could barely answer his own name. He's just fucked himself into the history books of Lord Haw Haw. And all of us into looking for private health insurance.

The message isn't wrong. It's the messenger. I don't apologise for a word I've said in here. Don't get old. Don't get young. Don't get ill. Don't stay here. Get off to fuck out of it, if that's a realistic option. New Zealand looks nice.