Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 554827 times)

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/s/WfN66FAtxo

I was hoping they would be back for the utd game but going by the post on reddit (it does seem plausible) if it's 2 weeks, Alisson, Trent and Jones won't be back until the Palace game on 14th, potentially Atlanta 1st leg on the 11th. If it's 3 weeks then it'll be Fulham on the 21st or potentially the 2nd leg of the EL game on the 18th.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:14:30 am by HardworkDedication »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That Reddit link sounds like absolute horseshit by the way. As if Klopp would be giving out injury updates to some random fan.

"Got to watch training from the balcony of the media suite for about 25 minutes, during which Klopp came over and chatted from below. I asked him about Alisson, he said he was 2-3 weeks away. Said similar for Trent and Curtis. Robbo was inside having a scan. He joked about the packed April schedule."

He definitely said that Ali is 2 to 3wks away, saw it on a Courtney Neary youtube video, she won a competition.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/m3lYl9ToA8M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/m3lYl9ToA8M</a>
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:21:18 am by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
I just expect no one to be back until the end of the season so I don't get disappointed to be honest. Pretty miserable though, not going to lie, wouldn't recommend.  ;D

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
That Reddit link sounds like absolute horseshit by the way. As if Klopp would be giving out injury updates to some random fan.

"Got to watch training from the balcony of the media suite for about 25 minutes, during which Klopp came over and chatted from below. I asked him about Alisson, he said he was 2-3 weeks away. Said similar for Trent and Curtis. Robbo was inside having a scan. He joked about the packed April schedule."

There are videos of it. And he’s definitely talking to someone about those players. The one posted above has it.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:29:52 am by Number 7 »
YWNA

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
There are videos of it. And he’s definitely talking to someone about those players. The one posted above has it.

I stand totally corrected.
We are Liverpool!

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan

Just noticed in one of his replies on reddit it states that he thinks he got the return dates wrong as his son told him that Klopp actually said Jones and Trent should be back in 1-2 weeks. It's Alisson that is expected to be back in 2-3 weeks.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Whether it's 1-2 week or 2-3 weeks, that's the timescale for returning to training. That's not the timescale for playing in matches, even from the bench.

The goalie may be a slightly different scenario, but generally outfield players who've been out for an extended time aren't going to step into the starting XI straight away. It'll be good to have options on the bench but realistically I think TAA, Jones, Jota are only going to be options to start games at mid to the back end of April.  I'd guess 2 weeks to get back to training then 2 week of training plus some managed game time off the bench before you'll see them start.

I think next 4-5 league games and EL quarter finals we'll be counting on the currently fit players (maybe plus or minus Robertson depending on extent of his injury). Fixture list is relatively kind with 3 home league games out of 4 so that's a positive.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
Some really fucking outrageously stupid takes on Robbo here in the last 2 pages.

I would say Robbo has been very close to Salah/VVD levels of durability over the last 5 years. Literally the only games I can remember him missing is when a shithouse goalkeeper dislocated his shoulder, and now this bad tackle injuring his ankle. How is that Robbo's fault? And on the other hand, as someone rightly pointed out, he has been grinding up serious minutes over the last 5 years, almost certainly putting more miles in than Salah or VVD considering his role, and so having these unlucky impact injuries at least has some blessing in disguise. He must be third in minutes played under Klopp total I am guessing?

You can argue that he shouldn't have been playing for Scotland in a friendly but a) he is their captain and b) if anything it was a good thing to play because Robbo still looked rusty for us after his lengthy spell out so having a few more minutes on someone else's watch was actually useful.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Players getting ankle injuries are not blessings in disguise, no matter how they come.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Let's all rank our injuries from most favourite to least favourite. It's a tough ask because they're all so wonderful.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
Let's all rank our injuries from most favourite to least favourite. It's a tough ask because they're all so wonderful.

The Jota one against Midtjylland was pretty good, or Ibou against Sparta Prague

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Robertson has avoided any serious injury.

Out for days only. Not weeks.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:25:26 pm by Number 7 »
YWNA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.

Out for days only.

Great news, thank God.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan

Out for days only. Not weeks.
Superb news!!

Source?

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Superb news!!

Source?

James Pearce.
Also said Trent is targeting first Atalanta game or Palace game.
YWNA

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
James Pearce.

That's turned into a long injury that, thought the international break would see him back training properly and ready to go straight away but you can never bank on that with us. The news is mostly good though, Robertson won't be out long and we have Gravenberch/Nunez available etc, hopefully Jota and Alisson can provide their services for the run in.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
James Pearce.
great, thanks!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Great news that. Every long term injury we avoid from now until the end of the season could be decisive.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
Feels bloody weird getting good news on injuries.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Feels bloody weird getting good news on injuries.

Feels like the first time in forever that we've had a scan thats been days rather than dreaded unknown :D

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
James Pearce.

Don't believe that Pearce doesn't do positive.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
joyce and doyle have both today said jota and trent are targeting utd away......... maybe pearce is out the loop....

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
joyce and doyle have both today said jota and trent are targeting utd away......... maybe pearce is out the loop....

What a boost it would be to have both on the bench for that game. Even if it's just to put the shits up the Mancs for the final 10 minutes.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did Konate join up with the French squad or stay home? I forget his injury status is?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Did Konate join up with the French squad or stay home? I forget his injury status is?
Wasn’t seen training today
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Wasn’t seen training today

Managed to play 90 minutes in a pointless game for France on Tuesday night though  ::)
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Managed to play 90 minutes in a pointless game for France on Tuesday night though  ::)

An injured player returning and getting some minutes for their International team isn't necessarily the worst thing
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan

Konate seriously went and played friendlies for France after missing several games leading up to the international break? It's one thing we could actually learn from Arteta and Arsenal - getting players to duck out of pointless shite, especially if they're not 100%.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Still two more days to train for Konate though. The minutes for France shouldn't end up being the worst thing if he can make the weekend's game, better than throwing him in from the cold. I'd start Quansah against Sheffield United anyway so Konate doesn't have to play three in a week.

On Qunasah, I wonder if he was under any thoughts of looking to move on in the summer, on loan or otherwise? Probably not considering he went on the pre-season tour, but regardless, if he did, deciding to stick around will end up being the smartest decision of his career. Thought he'd end up maybe playing a few games in the League Cup but he's gonna have played 30 odd come the end of the season, maybe more.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:00:47 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Konate seriously went and played friendlies for France after missing several games leading up to the international break? It's one thing we could actually learn from Arteta and Arsenal - getting players to duck out of pointless shite, especially if they're not 100%.
For Konate that may be beneficial though, he needs game sharpness. Still, a full game is overkill...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
For Konate that may be beneficial though, he needs game sharpness. Still, a full game is overkill...
you corrected that fast  :)

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
Konate only played one game for France ?

I think that is correct.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
you corrected that fast  :)
I'm still on my morning coffee and my brain hasn't caught up with my hands...  ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
De Zerbi says have this one on a plate. His kingpin Dunk is fecked so he is.

Offline Irishred1

• Main Stander
An injured player returning and getting some minutes for their International team isn't necessarily the worst thing
It is when he can't seem to play 4 games in a row ever (That is probably in my head). Hopefully he is fine.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Konate was in some pics though.

Maybe individual training ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.