Author Topic: What Podcasts do you listen to?  (Read 151888 times)

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
Re: What Podcasts do you listen to?
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2012, 10:31:21 am »
The Which Technology Podcast is pretty good for the latest techie news.

I'm liking BBC Comedy of the Week as well.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
Podcast thread
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2012, 08:19:29 am »
Ive just started to get into a great podcast with Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes called Jay and Silent Bob get old

Its recorded in front of a live audience and is designed to be an intervention for Mewes sobriety
Really enjoying it

Any recommendations for good podcasts?
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
Re: Podcast thread
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2012, 11:16:30 am »
Obviously "The Anfield Wrap", that goes without saying and is a twice weekly "must".

Try the Football Ramble, which is an irreverant look at the weeks football and quite entertaining.
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2012, 02:18:48 pm »
Football weekly from the Guardian is very good.

Also listen to The Empire film podcast and Wittertainment which is Kermode and Mayos 5 live film review show
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Joseph-Immanuel Queen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2012, 02:29:39 pm »
I'm a religious listener to the 5 Live Film Review podcast with Kermode and Mayo. Started listening to Adam and Joe last year, and am now almost all the way through their back catalogue. Going to check out Adam and Edith, but it can't possibly be as good.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2012, 02:30:33 pm »
Ive just started to get into a great podcast with Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes called Jay and Silent Bob get old

Its recorded in front of a live audience and is designed to be an intervention for Mewes sobriety
Really enjoying it

Any recommendations for good podcasts?

Try the other Kevin Smith podcasts, Hollywood Babble-On and Smodcast

Other than those two, I usually listen to The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe and StarTalk Radio.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2012, 02:34:24 pm »
Wittertainment is the best one I listen to.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Joseph-Immanuel Queen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2012, 02:38:37 pm »
Wittertainment is the best one I listen to.

Listening to it now actually.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2012, 02:43:19 pm »
Listening to it now actually.
Listened to the first half earlier. Will finish it when I get home from work a little bit later on.

It's brilliant.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Podcast thread
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2012, 03:34:02 pm »
I went off Wittertainment a while ago, got annoyed how a 90 minute show still always has to cram in the new reviews into about 5 minutes.

And Mayo is a smug bell who doesn't even bother to sound interested half the time, he has become Harry Shearer's DJ from Wayne's World 2.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2012, 07:59:53 pm »
A very, very good gaming one is Xbox World 360's podcast. Unfortunately the mag is due to close, so there will be no more. If you're interested, they're on Itunes and CVG.com.
The Bundesliga Weekly is decent too.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2012, 08:33:46 pm »
He then starts trying to punch the ghost and starts telling it to fuck off

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2012, 09:08:57 pm »
Bernie Connor's Sound Of Music...essential listening for me for the past 3 years

http://bernieworld.podomatic.com/
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2013, 09:14:19 pm »
Hi guys, if you get some spare time, take a listen to TBT Talks, the podcast I've been on recently, I'd appriciate any feedback. Ta.

http://bit.ly/XXwlXE

Online Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2013, 10:49:52 am »
There's loads of podcasts I've been listening to recently

The Anfield Wrap - obviously

Hollywood Babble-On and Smodcast - The 2 Kevin Smith podcasts mentioned above

Harmontown - Dan Harmon (who created the TV show Community) in front of a live crowd, usually pissed and going off on massive tangents. Can be a mess, but usually very, very funny. And even when it's not that funny, it's never less than compelling to listen to

Firewall & Iceberg - Two TV critics from the US talking about the week's television shows. Very US-centric as you'd expect, but they talk a lot about the type of shows I like (Mad Men, Breaking Bad etc) and I usually pick up a good few recommendations from there.

Now and again I'll listen to Marc Maron's WTF where he interviews comedians about their life and career but it usually depends on who the guest is. Ditto for The Nerdist.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2013, 11:48:54 am »
Love Football Weekly from the Guardian. I go running twice a week so listen to both episodes.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2013, 12:56:35 pm »
Always listen to the Friday night comedy podcast from radio 4

Some good stuff on there.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline cissepower

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Podcast thread
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2013, 01:24:10 pm »
The Anfield Wrap and The Joe Rogan Experience are the only ones I listen to religiously.

Going to give some of the suggestions in here a go. I like the sound of the radio 4 comedy one.
~~Justice For The 96, You'll Never Walk Alone~~

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2013, 04:49:34 pm »
Love Football Weekly from the Guardian. I go running twice a week so listen to both episodes.

How do you put up with Glenndenning ?
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Podcast thread
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2013, 04:50:20 pm »
I like The Football Ramble

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2013, 05:01:39 pm »
I like The Football Ramble
I find that one a bit boring to be honest. Much prefer Football Weekly, although it is the drier of the two.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Podcast thread
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2013, 05:11:57 pm »
I find that one a bit boring to be honest. Much prefer Football Weekly, although it is the drier of the two.

The only thing I don't like about it is their unwavering commitment to England and support of Hodgson.

Its just nice to have a football podcast where they don't treat it as very serious business like the rest of them.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #62 on: April 1, 2013, 04:22:36 pm »
Tell em Steve Dave is my favourite Smodco podcast.
The Whiskey Brothers podcast is hilarious (see the Doug Stanhope episode).
Closer to home, the best recent pod was Richard Herrings Leicester Square interviews with comedians. Often inspired.

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 1, 2013, 04:31:31 pm »
talking shit with eddie iffy
the church of whats happening now
joe rogan

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 2, 2013, 02:15:37 pm »
The only thing I don't like about it is their unwavering commitment to England and support of Hodgson.

Its just nice to have a football podcast where they don't treat it as very serious business like the rest of them.

I used to listen to the Football Ramble, but after a time I just found them all fairly insufferable, for different reasons.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #65 on: April 2, 2013, 02:30:44 pm »
Joe rogan
Adam Carolla
Fitzdog Radio- Greg Fitzsimmons' podcast that is a healthy mix of comedy, current politics, philosophy, career talk, etc in a one on one or three person conversation. Check it out.
Pointless- Kevin Pereira's podcast on Joe Rogan's network. Not the best guests yet as its still new, but Kevin is extremely smart and a very natural host, lots of technology and civil liberties discussion.
Comedy Bang Bang- the host interviews his guest, then several comedians come in to improv characters and it generally gets really funny. Very guest dependent.
Smartest Man in the World- Greg Proops in front of a live audience every week. Crazy obscure references, crowd work, liberal politics, and the man can just talk for days and still be entertaining.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #66 on: April 2, 2013, 03:17:28 pm »
Not sure if they count as Podcasts, but David Mitchell's soapbox is excellent.

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 1, 2013, 09:11:55 pm »
anfield wrap religiously for me,

tried football weekly for the first time this morning, had to turn it off after about 15 minutes and deleted it from my feed, 1 person in particular, not sure who it was, but he talked to much shite for me to be wasting my time listening to

tried the football ramble as well which i quite enjoyed and will definately listen to from now on,

going to try the somedy one from radio 4 on tomorrows commute to work

Offline weezernumber5

• Anny Roader
    • twitter
« Reply #68 on: May 1, 2013, 11:01:09 pm »
Most of the stuff I'd listen to has already been mentioned but just recently got on Hardcore Histories by Dan Carlin. He was on the Rogan podcast a while back, he does some top notch stuff if your into your history.
"In the devalued currencies of punditry, Whelan is the Zimbabwean dollar, but he found a few places where his money was good last week."

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Fuller_n29

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 2, 2013, 09:16:37 pm »
tried football weekly for the first time this morning, had to turn it off after about 15 minutes and deleted it from my feed, 1 person in particular, not sure who it was, but he talked to much shite for me to be wasting my time listening to
Probably Barry Glendenning, but they rotate the guests that much it could have been a one-off guest.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 2, 2013, 10:22:34 pm »
RTE documentary podcasts are great. Tons of stuff.
http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_documentaryonone.xml

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #71 on: July 2, 2013, 06:13:45 pm »
resurrect this thread

its dull without football podcasts

anyone got any decent non football related podcast

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #72 on: July 2, 2013, 06:15:34 pm »
The Bugle
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline mjgill85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bees? Beads?
« Reply #73 on: July 2, 2013, 09:45:20 pm »
For those with at least a passing interest in history, the Rex Factor podcast is excellent. Basically 30-60 minutes on every monarch from Alfred The Great onwards. Good in depth knowledge and but presented in an entertaining way.
@_michaelgill

Offline ncred

• ble
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #74 on: July 2, 2013, 09:55:50 pm »
there is a good one on the Grantland Sports 'network' called "Men in Blazers."  highly recommend it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #75 on: July 2, 2013, 10:29:38 pm »
RHLSTP
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: July 2, 2013, 10:43:37 pm »
Friday Night Comedy from Radio 4 is always good - whether its The Now Show or the Friday Night Quiz, always worth a listen while running etc.

I've tried listening to Frank Skinner on Absolute Radio but I can't stand that pompous woman Emily Dean. She comes across like she hates men and anyone from the North.

I'm on the look out for more material though and I've tried some of the bizarre stuff that's been recommended before.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #77 on: July 2, 2013, 11:56:04 pm »
I used to listen to frank skinner as well. A good comedian and pretty honest about himself. But that pompous snob Emily dean did it for me as well. No more frank.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 2, 2013, 11:59:48 pm »
I'm glad its not just me then Andy, she fucking grates with her opinions about life. So much out of touch with reality, its all who she knows and where she goes. Shame because Skinner can chat funny stuff for hours which is handy if you're just doing the garden or running etc.

Offline mazlo123

• Legacy Fan
  • My kind of monster.
« Reply #79 on: July 3, 2013, 05:48:43 am »
As a huge fan of comedic/light entertainment podcasts I can recommend :

The Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast - Absolutely love it, one of the finest comedians of his generation. Take the time to listen through the whole back catalog and you wont be disappointed. *****

The Steve Austin Show - Former pro wrestler, excellent if you have any passing interest in wrestling or mma as he interviews former pros  frequently.  ****

The Joe Rogan Experience - Starting to get in to this now,picking out my favored comics from his back catalog. Over 300 podcasts to choose from.

The Adam Carolla show - Only staring to get in to this also but am a big fan of Adam Carolla. He tells it how it is or at least how he sees it.

They should go and feast on another dead corpse this one is alive and kicking and it will bite you fucking head off.