Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 336201 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Chelsea FC - Sponsored by “The Liquidator"
« Reply #27040 on: July 25, 2022, 03:36:18 pm »
Chelsea on the verge of walking away from signing Jules Kounde, as Barcelona have moved back in for him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #27041 on: July 25, 2022, 03:48:22 pm »
Quite possibly. He missed him at Brighton and Leeds IIRC.

But Taylor's last season at Forest with Clough they finished 12th and just 2 years after the 2nd European Cup. They didn't fall away so much just because Taylor left.
Not suggesting they did, just pointing out the obvious, that all Clough's successes were with Taylor.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27042 on: July 25, 2022, 03:57:48 pm »

Think you could argue that past names like Clough, Ferguson etc., were like that to varying degrees.

Ferguson sugar coated replacing Ronaldo with Obertan.  He was nothing like that.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #27043 on: July 25, 2022, 04:05:03 pm »
Not suggesting they did, just pointing out the obvious, that all Clough's successes were with Taylor.
They did win 2 League Cups in the late 80s, got to another final and a final of the FA Cup in the early '90s long after Taylor left.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27044 on: July 25, 2022, 05:24:45 pm »
Boehly is new to this transfer lark, isn't he? Putting in bids without confirming whether players are interested.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #27045 on: July 25, 2022, 06:08:18 pm »
They did win 2 League Cups in the late 80s, got to another final and a final of the FA Cup in the early '90s long after Taylor left.

Yeah, Clough tbf did build a second good side in the end after 7 or 8 years treading water in the 80s, but even that was fairly short lived and ended with a relegation.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #27046 on: July 25, 2022, 06:33:29 pm »
Does that management style ever work though? Tuchel, Conte and Mourinho all love antagonizing players and owners and it invariably falls apart. Has any Manager had long term success doing that?

Diego Simeone of Atletico Madrid maybe?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #27047 on: July 25, 2022, 08:42:51 pm »
Diego Simeone of Atletico Madrid maybe?

It’s opposing fans and maybe some coaches and officials he antagonises.

He coaches awful football and coaches his players to timewaste and cheat, but plenty of them still are loyal to him and like playing for him.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #27048 on: July 27, 2022, 09:09:13 pm »
This is pretty funny

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #27049 on: July 27, 2022, 09:15:14 pm »
It’s opposing fans and maybe some coaches and officials he antagonises.

He coaches awful football and coaches his players to timewaste and cheat, but plenty of them still are loyal to him and like playing for him.

For me Simeone is modern version of Mourinho, takes all the tactics from Mourinho, to new levels of shithousery
#Sausages

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27050 on: July 28, 2022, 11:07:52 am »
For me Simeone is modern version of Mourinho, takes all the tactics from Mourinho, to new levels of shithousery

He seems more like the current version of Simeone, given that his teams have always played like this and he has been around a similar amount of time as Mourinho, just with vastly less changing of clubs.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #27051 on: July 31, 2022, 04:47:50 pm »
Incredible some of the players still on their books:

Baba Rahman
Michy Batshuayi
Ross Barkley
Kenedy
Emerson

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27052 on: July 31, 2022, 05:02:43 pm »

Baba Rahman
Michy Batshuayi
Ross Barkley
Kenedy
Emerson
Bakayoko is somehow still on their books, on loan to AC Milan until 2023 though.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27053 on: July 31, 2022, 05:06:29 pm »

Baba Rahman
Michy Batshuayi
Ross Barkley
Kenedy
Emerson
They wasted a lot of money under Abramovich. Can't afford to do that anymore.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #27054 on: August 1, 2022, 02:08:42 pm »
Apparently they are after Cucarella from Brighton
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #27055 on: August 1, 2022, 02:16:47 pm »

Baba Rahman
Michy Batshuayi
Ross Barkley
Kenedy
Emerson

Is Miazga still there? That was a Ben Davies-esque signing, except they just loaned him about five times and haven't sold him. I imagine they had him lined up for a £15 million transfer to Spartak Moscow.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #27056 on: August 1, 2022, 02:19:49 pm »
Bakayoko is somehow still on their books, on loan to AC Milan until 2023 though.

Completely forgot about him; I thought he'd already left. Joke is had he not renewed his contract with Chelsea, he'd have been out of contract this summer. I do remember Julien Laurens saying that Fabinho was going to be the far better signing of the two and that has definitely proven to be the case.

Is Miazga still there?

Yep. He was on loan at Alaves last season.Signed for them in 2016, he's spent time on loan at Vitesse, Reading, Anderlecht, Alaves and Nantes during that time.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2022, 02:21:24 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27057 on: August 1, 2022, 03:01:40 pm »
Completely forgot about him; I thought he'd already left. Joke is had he not renewed his contract with Chelsea, he'd have been out of contract this summer. I do remember Julien Laurens saying that Fabinho was going to be the far better signing of the two and that has definitely proven to be the case.

It's just nuts that players like him end up signing new contracts to stay there, despite the fact they're obviously going to be loaned out over and over again. Bakayoko wasn't too far away from being the Tchouameni of his time.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #27058 on: August 1, 2022, 03:23:04 pm »
Chelsea close to £50m deal for Manchester City target Marc Cucurella

City reluctant to meet asking price for Spanish left-back
Chelsea centre-back Levi Colwill could join Brighton

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/01/chelsea-marc-cucurella-manchester-city

Chelsea working on deals to sign Wesley Fofana and Denzel Dumfries

Leicester are believed to value centre-back Fofana at a figure in the region of £80million to £85m ($97m to $103m), but Chelsea hope that could be lowered by offering players to their Premier League counterparts.

https://theathletic.com/3464562/2022/07/31/chelsea-transfer-news-fofana-dumfries/

I don't get the fuss around that Brighton LB. His stats were abysmal last season. If it wasn't for his haircut, nothing about him would stand out
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27059 on: August 1, 2022, 03:30:21 pm »
Marc Cucurella who only wanted to join Guardiola and Man City, will quickly be wheeling out that he was actually a Chelsea fan growing up story soon  :P

I know Chilwell suffered a bad injury, they may have doubts about his long term future there? It’s all very Abu Dhabi to be splashing 50 mill on fullbacks.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27060 on: August 1, 2022, 03:36:53 pm »
Marc Cucurella who only wanted to join Guardiola and Man City, will quickly be wheeling out that he was actually a Chelsea fan growing up story soon  :P

I know Chilwell suffered a bad injury, they may have doubts about his long term future there? It’s all very Abu Dhabi to be splashing 50 mill on fullbacks.
£100m spent on leftbacks if this goes through :o

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27061 on: August 1, 2022, 03:50:04 pm »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/01/chelsea-marc-cucurella-manchester-city

Chelsea working on deals to sign Wesley Fofana and Denzel Dumfries

Leicester are believed to value centre-back Fofana at a figure in the region of £80million to £85m ($97m to $103m), but Chelsea hope that could be lowered by offering players to their Premier League counterparts.

https://theathletic.com/3464562/2022/07/31/chelsea-transfer-news-fofana-dumfries/

I don't get the fuss around that Brighton LB. His stats were abysmal last season. If it wasn't for his haircut, nothing about him would stand out
Fofana would be a good signing for Chelsea but I don't see Leicester selling as they were hopeless defensively last season without him.  Money in the bank is all well and good but desperately trying to sign a new central defender a few days before the season starts isn't a good position to be in.  I guess it maybe depends on whether Leicester have ambitions of top four or if they're happy to tread water for a season whilst the rest of the contenders throw money around.

Like you I don't see the hype around Cucurella but I hope even more that one of our rivals blows their summer transfer budget on Dumfries!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27062 on: August 1, 2022, 04:16:14 pm »

I think he'd suit Guardiola well, but I can't imagine Chelsea have put much thought into how'd they use him.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27063 on: August 1, 2022, 04:32:32 pm »
I think he'd suit Guardiola well, but I can't imagine Chelsea have put much thought into how'd they use him.

in a back 3?

Cos otherwise it would seem strange unless they have an issue with Chilwell after his injury - not that I’ve even looked into that being a reason, just speculating!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27064 on: August 1, 2022, 04:36:04 pm »
Apparently this Bohley character also met the reps of Benjamin Sesko of Salzburg. He's just on football twitter isn't he the charlatan?  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27065 on: August 1, 2022, 04:41:51 pm »
in a back 3?

Cos otherwise it would seem strange unless they have an issue with Chilwell after his injury - not that I’ve even looked into that being a reason, just speculating!

I know he played there a bit for Brighton, but having a 5"8 CB seems wrong.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27066 on: August 1, 2022, 04:44:37 pm »
in a back 3?

Maybe it's Boehly just messing with Man City.  The story of how he made Man City pay an extra £10m for the Brighton left-back something for him to retell back home when he explains how idiotic soccer finance is.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #27067 on: August 1, 2022, 05:00:07 pm »
Chelsea ain't struggling with the finance are they? This will put more pressure on Tuchel to deliver at least one trophy this season with all the cash they have spent.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27068 on: August 1, 2022, 05:08:13 pm »

Can play in a few different positions, good in possession, good going forward and was Brighton's POTY last season. The prices being thrown around are crazy but that's the world we live in these days.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27069 on: August 1, 2022, 06:02:14 pm »
Can play in a few different positions, good in possession, good going forward and was Brighton's POTY last season. The prices being thrown around are crazy but that's the world we live in these days.
I think he's a good player.

Offline Americano12345

• Main Stander
« Reply #27070 on: August 1, 2022, 09:43:57 pm »
wonder if Tuchel as first manager to go might pick up some steam

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #27071 on: August 2, 2022, 09:21:09 am »
Just goes to show what an absolute steal Robbo was at £8m. £50m+ seems the going rate for fullbacks nowadays.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27072 on: August 2, 2022, 10:09:57 am »

Well, Jordi Alba is getting pretty old now. Transfer makes sense.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27073 on: August 2, 2022, 10:23:49 am »
Just goes to show what an absolute steal Robbo was at £8m. £50m+ seems the going rate for fullbacks nowadays.
It was the going rate then as well which it makes Robbo even more of a steal.  The summer we signed Robbo for £8m was the same summer that Man City spent £100m on Walker and Mendy (plus £30m on Danilo).

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27074 on: August 2, 2022, 10:28:21 am »
a lot of the "work" these are doing in the transfer window wreaks of a club who's lost it's whole leadership structure.

New owner seems intent on doing swaps and loans and there doesn't seem to be much of a strategy. The Cucurella deal is pure opportunism.

The early signs are good that the new owners are going to take a while to get up and running, and with the departures they've had this season already it could have a huge impact on them in the short term. I know they haven't kicked a ball yet but wouldn't shock me if Tuchel is gone before the world cup.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27075 on: August 3, 2022, 04:17:31 pm »
David Ornstein
@David_Ornstein

🚨 Chelsea have offered Brighton £50m+ for Marc Cucurella. Not yet done as #BHAFC seek higher fee & replacement: Colwill top target. Cucurella personal terms agreed. #CFC also in talks with Barcelona for Frenkie de Jong + hope to strike deal @TheAthleticUK

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano

Chelsea are seriously working on Cesare Casadei deal. He’s the next top young target [born in 2003] after Carney and Slonina, Chelsea want to try again after opening bid rejected by Inter. 🔵🇮🇹 #CFC

Negotiations will continue but Inter will try to keep him this summer.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2022, 04:20:25 pm by ScouserAtHeart »

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #27076 on: August 3, 2022, 04:20:29 pm »
David Ornstein
@David_Ornstein

🚨 Chelsea have offered Brighton £50m+ for Marc Cucurella. Not yet done as #BHAFC seek higher fee & replacement: Colwill top target. Cucurella personal terms agreed. #CFC also in talks with Barcelona for Frenkie de Jong + hope to strike deal @TheAthleticUK
Imagine the fewm at Old T oilet if this happens.   :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27077 on: August 3, 2022, 04:37:33 pm »
Boehy negotiating for players seems like Alan Partridge putting in an offer for a house.

“How much do you want for your LB?”

“£50 million”

“Would you take £49,999,995?”

Negotiations are easy if you just agree to their price.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27078 on: August 3, 2022, 04:38:55 pm »
I'd love it, just love it if they buy De Jong and that leads to Barcelona buying Silva

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27079 on: August 3, 2022, 05:04:55 pm »
Chelsea already got 27 midfielders so hopefully he goes there, United got Mcfred