Author Topic: The 2021 Formula 1 “Gives you whinge…”  (Read 314784 times)

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The 2021 Formula 1 thread
« Reply #480 on: March 28, 2021, 05:43:58 pm »
Can only win in the best car...

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #481 on: March 28, 2021, 05:45:19 pm »
I like seeing Verstappen fall short.

Mercedes have some catching up to do though.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #482 on: March 28, 2021, 05:45:58 pm »
Mercedes aren't going to have this season their own way and that's should be great no matter what.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #483 on: March 28, 2021, 05:46:53 pm »
Brilliant drive by Perez up to 5th. Mature drive from Lando to 4th. Excellent rookie drive from Tsunoda for points in his first race.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: March 28, 2021, 05:47:23 pm »
There was something earlier where Red Bull brought up how Max should now use more off-track space after Turn 4 because the Mercs were before them for a good few laps.  Haha, Crofty just mentioned it.  Which I think could be a fair point, and should mean a tightening of the regs for that. Incremental gains from that could have been (was?) the difference between the two at the end.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: March 28, 2021, 05:51:31 pm »
I like seeing Verstappen fall short.

Mercedes have some catching up to do though.

They are definitely slower overall due to new regulations. But I imagine once they sort the rear downforce out they will be pretty even. Damage control they probably thought coming into this weekend.

3 weeks until the next race too.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 05:55:00 pm by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: March 28, 2021, 05:56:55 pm »
No champagne (or rose water) spray?

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: March 28, 2021, 05:59:40 pm »
They are definitely slower overall due to new regulations. But I imagine once they sort the rear downforce out they will be pretty even. Damage control they probably thought coming into this weekend.

3 weeks until the next race too.

Hell, as long as Verstappen is kept at bay a while longer and Horner does his 'Randall from Recess' act to no avail then I am happy.

Cracking race though.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #488 on: March 28, 2021, 06:09:53 pm »
Cracking race!  Hell of a drive from both Lewis and Max.

Also, I don’t know if I’m just in an irritable mood, but I found “Crofty” even more annoying than usual today. Just incessant shouting, laughing at his own jokes, constant talking.  I may have to sync up radio commentary next time and put the tv on mute, but that would mean missing out on Brundle.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: March 28, 2021, 06:33:12 pm »
Hell, as long as Verstappen is kept at bay a while longer and Horner does his 'Randall from Recess' act to no avail then I am happy.

Cracking race though.

Yeah people sick of Mercedes winning forgetting how smug Horner and Vettel used to be. Will be same if not worse with Max.
Seeing on twitter people bashing Hamilton with any excuse they can find reminds me of rivals last season when we won the title.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 06:42:43 pm by clinical »

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: March 28, 2021, 07:26:13 pm »
Still baffling how Honda are leaving F1.

Surely there has to be a change of decision by the higher ups at Honda.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: March 28, 2021, 07:39:23 pm »
Still baffling how Honda are leaving F1.

Surely there has to be a change of decision by the higher ups at Honda.
Honda plough all this money in and when it's time to start reaping the rewards, they leave. Once is a mistake, twice is stupidity.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: March 28, 2021, 07:40:34 pm »
Baffling in what way, they are not really a company that is going to see the benefits of a boosted profile due to F1 or anything like that.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: March 28, 2021, 07:44:39 pm »
Then why enter in the first place? Either one is a baffling choice.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #494 on: March 28, 2021, 07:45:00 pm »
It's what a lot of manufacturers do in all motor sports.

Hang around for a bit, then fuck off. Then come back, then fuck off again.

I think it usually coincides with changes at board level. Results sometimes don't even matter

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #495 on: March 28, 2021, 07:52:27 pm »
Yeah people sick of Mercedes winning forgetting how smug Horner and Vettel used to be. Will be same if not worse with Max.
Seeing on twitter people bashing Hamilton with any excuse they can find reminds me of rivals last season when we won the title.

We won one title in 30 years, Hamilton has won 6/7 so not sure that’s a particular accurate comparison, but I’d happily see us win 6/7 titles so we can revisit that!

Anyways, disappointed with the result but it’s a huge step forward in terms of competitiveness, not just at the front of the grid but the midfield too looks like it will produce some excellent battles. Was a shame Perez had such a disjointed race as it would have given us a better idea of how close he can get to Verstappen, and likewise with Mazapan crashing so early would have been good to get an idea of where Schumacher Jr actually is although the car looks like an absolute dog and if Ferrari really want to get an idea of his potential they might end up regretting putting him in the Haas and not the Alfa.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: March 28, 2021, 07:54:10 pm »
I thought Honda were leaving because of the move towards electric road cars?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #497 on: March 28, 2021, 08:12:34 pm »
Managed to watch the first 20 and the final 6 or 7 laps and they were absolutely great, so much more action going on than last year! Really, really hope we see a battle between Max and Lewis this season as the sport needs it!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #498 on: March 28, 2021, 10:09:46 pm »
I had t clocked that it was Imola next .....

Would surely favour the Red Bull even more?

Superb track though... 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: March 28, 2021, 10:26:47 pm »
I had t clocked that it was Imola next .....

Would surely favour the Red Bull even more?

Superb track though... 

Yeah, despite what it will always be known for, it’s probably my favourite circuit. Has everything a circuit needs in terms of layout, and the even the scenery and houses that dot the circuit, and I can’t remember the weather ever being anything other then perfect.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: March 29, 2021, 02:53:26 am »
Yeah, Imola is a lovely track and I love watching racing there, despite some bad memories. One I also loved and do really miss is the old Hockehheim layout, which was one of my favorite tracks ever.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #501 on: March 29, 2021, 09:09:15 am »
That was an incredible race towards the end. It was the perfect demonstration of Lewis at his very best. Inferior car and with tyres 10 laps older he managed to hold out, with a little luck, and with the team working well on strategy. Track position is everything. This could be one hell of a season with the talent of Lewis just about making up for the deficit of the car against the next "generational" talent in Verstappen. I am a big fan of Verstappen, not so much of Red Bull and Horner. I just think that ultimately the experience of Lewis, the team and his pure talent may well win out. Anyway, great stuff and bodes well for what we thought would potentially be a write off of a season pending new rules.

Oh, and other than the 10 second mistake that wasn`t his fault, yesterday did really show up the difference between Bottas and Lewis. Not in the same league and in a season that will be tight for the constructors they may rue having not replaced him.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #502 on: March 29, 2021, 10:04:36 am »
My only fear is that Mercedes sort out their issues and sail off into the distance.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #503 on: March 29, 2021, 11:02:09 am »
My only fear is that Mercedes sort out their issues and sail off into the distance.

I think they will go a long way to sorting out their issues but all teams will make small incremental changes, Red Bull included. Towards the end of last season Red Bull probably became the quickest all round car. I don`t see them sailing off into the distance. Different tracks, temperatures and errors will all play their part as well. I think it will be nip and tuck in most races. Ultimately whoever makes the fewest mistakes will probably win out in the end - and I think that will be Lewis/Merc.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: March 29, 2021, 12:08:23 pm »
That was an incredible race towards the end. It was the perfect demonstration of Lewis at his very best. Inferior car and with tyres 10 laps older he managed to hold out, with a little luck, and with the team working well on strategy. Track position is everything. This could be one hell of a season with the talent of Lewis just about making up for the deficit of the car against the next "generational" talent in Verstappen. I am a big fan of Verstappen, not so much of Red Bull and Horner. I just think that ultimately the experience of Lewis, the team and his pure talent may well win out. Anyway, great stuff and bodes well for what we thought would potentially be a write off of a season pending new rules.

Oh, and other than the 10 second mistake that wasn`t his fault, yesterday did really show up the difference between Bottas and Lewis. Not in the same league and in a season that will be tight for the constructors they may rue having not replaced him.

Bottas wasn't a million miles of the pace yesterday was he?  37 seconds at the end but 10 seconds with the stuck wheel and 20 odd seconds for the final pitstop, plus he got second choice when it came to strategy.  He was probably only really 4-5 seconds off the pace over 56 laps which is basically what you want from your number 2 driver surely?  Far enough behind not to cause drama with Hamilton, but close enough to be an option for a different strategy.

I think the number 2 drivers could make the difference over the course of the season so will be interesting to see how him and Perez get on.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: March 29, 2021, 12:29:36 pm »
I think they will go a long way to sorting out their issues but all teams will make small incremental changes, Red Bull included. Towards the end of last season Red Bull probably became the quickest all round car. I don`t see them sailing off into the distance. Different tracks, temperatures and errors will all play their part as well. I think it will be nip and tuck in most races. Ultimately whoever makes the fewest mistakes will probably win out in the end - and I think that will be Lewis/Merc.

Pit stops will also be key and redbull seem to always be quicker than Mercedes. Will be very close. But Mercedes definitely have a bigger room for improvement. The redbull looks so much more planted to the track and with that they will probably look after their tyres better until the mercs overcome the new regulations.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #506 on: March 29, 2021, 01:35:40 pm »
Fernando Alonso's return race to Formula One was ended prematurely by a sandwich wrap getting stuck in the brake ducts of his Alpine car.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: March 29, 2021, 02:15:40 pm »
Fernando Alonso's return race to Formula One was ended prematurely by a sandwich wrap getting stuck in the brake ducts of his Alpine car.

Willing to put money on a stray covid face mask causing a car to retire this season

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #508 on: March 29, 2021, 03:21:32 pm »
RAWK Fantasy F1 league...

Go here: https://fantasy.formula1.com/

Select 5 drivers and a team for $100m - the website runs down how points are scored.

Our league is code b60ea067ea

Chuffed when I logged in last night and saw I was ranked #1 of 9, but a bit confused that I couldn't see the full list.

Checked back in this morning - it's all updated and I'm actually 9th  :sad

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: March 29, 2021, 05:06:32 pm »
Chuffed when I logged in last night and saw I was ranked #1 of 9, but a bit confused that I couldn't see the full list.

I'm happy with second!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #510 on: March 29, 2021, 05:21:03 pm »

Unlucky mate  :(
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #511 on: March 29, 2021, 05:48:49 pm »

Well I’m plumb last! Serves me right for running out of money and having to pick Mazepin out of the bargain bin. Cost me -14 points, the bastard!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: April 9, 2021, 07:35:48 pm »
After the last race the FIA randomly selected Bottas car to be siezed and completely disassembled and scrutinised to ensure there is no ambiguity with the rules this season

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #513 on: April 9, 2021, 07:41:49 pm »
ferrari seem to like to give old cars to their drivers, and leclerc has been given his winning 2019 car.

which is nice for him. whether it's still got a (probably) non-compliant engine in it is anyone's guess.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: April 9, 2021, 08:18:56 pm »
So long between the first two races...

That first one felt like a testing round 2
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #515 on: April 13, 2021, 01:22:57 pm »

talk about overkill.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: April 13, 2021, 01:23:58 pm »

talk about overkill.
Nope, it’s about finances.  They don’t want to lose their audience
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #517 on: April 13, 2021, 01:27:08 pm »
Nope, it’s about finances.  They don’t want to lose their audience

betraying the fact that a lot of their audience is in the uk then. because I doubt the viewing figures for what will be some old foreign royal's funeral will be very high overseas.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: April 13, 2021, 01:29:25 pm »
betraying the fact that a lot of their audience is in the uk then. because I doubt the viewing figures for what will be some old foreign royal's funeral will be very high overseas.
I don’t know... you might be right, but these things can be weird.  Why take the chance commercially?
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #519 on: April 13, 2021, 01:31:11 pm »
I don’t know... you might be right, but these things can be weird.  Why take the chance commercially?

I'm sure there have been quite a few royals from around the world who have died over the years, I can't remember F1 changing anything for any of them.