Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1399231 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #16640 on: May 12, 2019, 05:37:09 pm »
Anyone know when next season's fixtures are released? Wish we could start again tomorrow

Sometime around the 14th of June.

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16641 on: May 12, 2019, 05:37:25 pm »
Brilliant season and can't fault the lads. No one saw City winning 14 in a row.

Looking back at a WHAT IF situation, the game at Old Trafford stands out, where maybe we should have pushed harder in the second half for a win. United only kept 2 clean sheets at Old Trafford all season...against Palace and Us :(

We were very unlucky with the timing of our trips to Bridge, Emirates and OT. We played all of them when they were at the peak of their season and top form...

it doesn't feel as bad seeing we have the CL final to look forward to, and it doesn't feel like a fluke season, so I'm sure we'll be challenging again next year.

In my mind, we were screwed by 3 key referee fuck ups during the season.  First, the Mane goal at Arsenal that was chalked off wrongly. Second, the Kompany foul on Salah that should have resulted in a sending off rather than a yellow card, and third, the penalty that should have been given for the foul on Keita in the game against Leicester.  If any of these decisions had been in our favour, we would have won the league

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16642 on: May 12, 2019, 05:38:23 pm »
If people continue to wet the bed next year, I'll continue to call them bed wetters. It's as simple as that.
And the rest of us will continue to ignore you.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16643 on: May 12, 2019, 05:38:50 pm »
Anyone know when next season's fixtures are released? Wish we could start again tomorrow

Know what you mean but I am grateful we aren't starting tomorrow. Our players looked knackered today. They need to clear their heads from this week a little bit, and then refocus and start really training hard to beat Spurs in the CL final. We have a good 3 weeks preparation for players to get ultra sharp and ready for that game.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16644 on: May 12, 2019, 05:39:16 pm »
Hard to get your head round not winning it with the performances & all the metrics.

We are easily top 10 of best Premier League teams ever.

Credit to City, pressure to knock out 14 wins on the bounce is insane.

Online PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #16645 on: May 12, 2019, 05:40:17 pm »
I wouldn't swap our team at all for theirs. The only player I'd take is Bernardo Silva.

Also just think next season we'll have a fit AOC plus Fabinho and Keita will have had a year under their belts to develop even more. We have a great team and should be proud of them.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16646 on: May 12, 2019, 05:40:56 pm »
Maybe next season the anti-bedwetter brigade can shut the fuck up when people posit the theory after we drop points that City could well win a staggering number of games in a row, seeing as they've done it twice in two seasons.

Players couldn't have tried any harder, gonna be a summer of trying to fix minute issues in the make-up of the team. The room for error is so small against Guardiola's City, we'll have to be almost perfect as opposed to almost almost perfect.

Give yourself a big pat on your fucking back.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #16647 on: May 12, 2019, 05:41:05 pm »
Why would we even consider selling them? Plus, no player is going to want to leave, if anything we'll have players desperate to join us.

I'd be more confident if we beat Spurs in Madrid we havent won a final or the league having been nearly men. If Real Madrid or Barcelona come in it might be hard to keep some players. I think Sadio is the one more likely out of the front 3. However I'm with you I think those day have gone and certainly domestically
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline ByrdmanLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16648 on: May 12, 2019, 05:41:14 pm »
In my mind, we were screwed by 3 key referee fuck ups during the season.  First, the Mane goal at Arsenal that was chalked off wrongly. Second, the Kompany foul on Salah that should have resulted in a sending off rather than a yellow card, and third, the penalty that should have been given for the foul on Keita in the game against Leicester.  If any of these decisions had been in our favour, we would have won the league

Seriously? as if we didn't get anything in our favour... even today Mane scored an offside goal. We can't complain about Referees at all this season. The only thing that bothers me is how City got where they are now, 400 mil for Pep and he's being praised as the world saviour, taking an insane team from the PL title and an occasional domestic cup, to the prem title and the domestic cups... great.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16649 on: May 12, 2019, 05:41:55 pm »
City also got very easy cup runs and CL opponents. They won't have the same luck next year.

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16650 on: May 12, 2019, 05:42:28 pm »

Sure they'll spend, but will those players really be much of an improvement? Who are they going to buy, Messi?

I hope they do buy Messi, the 2nd best player in the World playing on a wet Wednesday in November would be a sight.
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16651 on: May 12, 2019, 05:42:28 pm »
City will lose their hunger next season.

There is a reason Pep talks about 3 seasons at a club and moving on, Citys heinous owners gave him a payrise to stay for 2 more years and i think it will be a mistake on Pep's part.

I think the players will be mentally drained from his perfect attaining demands next season, the effort they have put in last season getting to a 100 points and this long winning run in the league and domestic cups this season has to have some effect on the players desire under a coach who tries to get everything he can out of them physically and mentally.

We are winning the league next year and by a healthy margin.

you just need a journalist to ask Pep again, are you going to buy Messi from Barca so that you can win the champions' league? guarantee you he will go ballistic....  haha

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #16652 on: May 12, 2019, 05:42:44 pm »
Know what you mean but I am grateful we aren't starting tomorrow. Our players looked knackered today. They need to clear their heads from this week a little bit, and then refocus and start really training hard to beat Spurs in the CL final. We have a good 3 weeks preparation for players to get ultra sharp and ready for that game.

They looked mentally knackered if anything else. It's been a hell of a long season with so many moments but I think as soon as City went 2-1 up they knew, just like us the fans, that it was all academic from thereon in.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16653 on: May 12, 2019, 05:43:24 pm »
Brilliant season and can't fault the lads. No one saw City winning 14 in a row

Lots of people did....... but were apparently wetting the bed for thinking it!!!

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16654 on: May 12, 2019, 05:43:34 pm »
Massively proud of that side. Managed a 2-0 against a very good side while tense and tired and potentially heartbroken. It’s pretty amazing.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #16655 on: May 12, 2019, 05:44:02 pm »
I think AOC will be the difference next year. He gives us another dimension pressing and attacking which we missed at times
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #16656 on: May 12, 2019, 05:45:19 pm »
Lots of people did....... but were apparently wetting the bed for thinking it!!!
After everything that’s happened this season, the incredible effort from our boys and a European Cup Final to look forward to, is this all you’ve got to contribute?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16657 on: May 12, 2019, 05:45:20 pm »

Fuck off with all the I told you shite.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline themightybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16658 on: May 12, 2019, 05:45:23 pm »
Anyway I've spent loads of time moaning about City but this Liverpool team is absolutely special. There is a feel-good mood about this squad that we've not had for years and years.

We have had a phenomenal season and the whinging about City is purely because our team has had literally the best runner-up season ever and have only had a financially-doped gang of pricka in their way.

Keita being up to speed and the return of Ox will be massive for us. Immensely proud of everyone at the club and right now I genuinely feel like we're the only ones who can stop the City robotic juggernaut and return a bit of passion and humanity to the sport

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #16659 on: May 12, 2019, 05:45:29 pm »
So many people felt like the season was over when we lost the lead all those weeks ago. we kept pushing and hoping but this city team is unbelievable. We’re unbelievable to have kept the pace!

Been a great ride and hopefully we can go one step further next season..I believe even more than ever

Well done to the lads for a great season

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16660 on: May 12, 2019, 05:45:43 pm »

Careful now.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #16661 on: May 12, 2019, 05:45:52 pm »
And the rest of us will continue to ignore you.
Why are you so desperate to be negative when everything about this club is so positive right now?
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Moloskari

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #16662 on: May 12, 2019, 05:46:37 pm »
A bit gutted by this, but only a bit. What a fucking season this has been! Pushing City to the wire like we did is nothing short of miraculous. No point in searching where we might’ve lost it. In my book we are the Champions. We didn’t have De Bruyne, Mahrez, Sane, Silva and all that depth which money doping buys yo. What we have is a team of fighters. Not giving up no matter what’s the situation. Fighting to the end. I really couldn’t be more proud of the team. City can have their cameo as a big club, they’ll be back to obcurity soon enough. Fuck City and fuck everyone else, we’ll be lifting the number six in three weeks time. Come on you Reds!

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #16663 on: May 12, 2019, 05:46:39 pm »
One billion pound sponsorship deal for a sticker on the sleeves

In other words cheat?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #16664 on: May 12, 2019, 05:48:11 pm »
Why are you so desperate to be negative when everything about this club is so positive right now?

If he wants to be a misery let him, we have a team to support now who will do us proud in that Champion's League final.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #16665 on: May 12, 2019, 05:48:59 pm »
I hope you're really happy and fulfilled that you were negative all season and were right that we wouldn't win the league. I'm glad I didn't though and I really enjoyed this year and this great team. Well done, you just missed out on one of the best seasons in decades.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline SweetSilverSevens

• Kopite
« Reply #16666 on: May 12, 2019, 05:49:16 pm »

As much as I love the football season, I also enjoy a few weeks off over the summer.

The season's not over anyway. There's a CL final to look forward to!

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16667 on: May 12, 2019, 05:49:30 pm »
After everything that’s happened this season, the incredible effort from our boys and a European Cup Final to look forward to, is this all you’ve got to contribute?
No you could read the rest of my posts.... about how proud I am of the Manager and Team, how it hurts but we go again.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16668 on: May 12, 2019, 05:49:41 pm »
No need to be arguing folks. If you’re arguing, set the device or keyboard down and go and do something nicer with your (and our) time.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16669 on: May 12, 2019, 05:50:27 pm »
I can not grasp people in here giving it up to City. They are nothing more then a marketing arm of a Oil pedaling human rights disaster show. God I hope they get the ban hammer for all the financial doping they have been doing for 10+ years at this point, but I doubt it happens.

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16670 on: May 12, 2019, 05:51:12 pm »
Look at it this way,its not like your going to get into a row with a city supporter,they're as rare as Gary glitter tribute acts.

Offline SweetSilverSevens

• Kopite
« Reply #16671 on: May 12, 2019, 05:51:28 pm »
Sure they'll spend, but will those players really be much of an improvement? Who are they going to buy, Messi?

They have quality in every position two or three times over already. We don't.

Exactly. Plenty more room for improvement for us than City and there was only one point in it this season.

I believe we will challenge strongly against next season, so long as we get it right in the transfer market.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #16672 on: May 12, 2019, 05:51:32 pm »
I think AOC will be the difference next year. He gives us another dimension pressing and attacking which we missed at times
+Keita
+Brewster
+Gomez

and who knows who else

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16673 on: May 12, 2019, 05:51:36 pm »

What a great effort from the lads.

Meaningless bit of trivia  - under the old 2 points for a win system we'd have won the league.  :-\

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16674 on: May 12, 2019, 05:51:46 pm »
Reasons for optimism next season:

1. City are heavily reliant on Aguero up front who's going to be 31 in June, Jesus isn't a patch on him IMO if Aguero were to decline/become more injury prone that could open the door.  There's a real dearth of quality CF's on the market ATM any replacement they'd get wouldn't be as good.

2. They'll be looking to replace Fernandinho next season he's already 34 and integral to the way the play any replacement may need time to settle.

3. Their motivation to win the league for a third time in a row surely won't be as high they'll be focusing all their energy on the Champions League next season.

4. Our team can still improve particularly with a goal scoring midfielder who can link midfield and attack maybe Oxlade Chamberlain can be that player but who knows after the injury.

Reasons for Pessimism:

1. It'll be extremely difficult to get close to 97 points again while City have shown they can consistently get to that level

2. We were quite fortunate with injuries particularly to the front 3 who were never out for a prolonged period, a quality back up is needed there not just in case of injuries but as an alternative option off the bench.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16675 on: May 12, 2019, 05:52:11 pm »
I AM SO PROUD OF THIS TEAM.

:scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf

Anyone that has anything else to say should probably just fuck off. What a team. YNWA
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #16676 on: May 12, 2019, 05:53:05 pm »
arrggg 1 point....just a tiny winny tiny point.  Well done to City to maintain their momentum. 

Cant wait for Madrid now and to the next season

01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16677 on: May 12, 2019, 05:53:13 pm »
Maybe next season the anti-bedwetter brigade can shut the fuck up when people posit the theory after we drop points that City could well win a staggering number of games in a row, seeing as they've done it twice in two seasons.
That's not a theory. that's a statement of the bleeding obvious.

Enjoy your urine-soaked mattress you tart

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #16678 on: May 12, 2019, 05:53:55 pm »
Disappointed, but my overwhelming feeling is one of pride. What an awesome season we've had, and we can still end it with the biggest trophy in club football.

We need to keep this level of consistency up for seasons to come. If we can keep hitting 90 points then it's a matter of time.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16679 on: May 12, 2019, 05:53:57 pm »
I hope you're really happy and fulfilled that you were negative all season and were right that we wouldn't win the league. I'm glad I didn't though and I really enjoyed this year and this great team. Well done, you just missed out on one of the best seasons in decades.
I enjoyed the season and what the Manager and team have achieved this season.....

What a fucking stupid thing to say.... happy and fulfilled!!! Just because some felt we had lost a great opportunity..... it doesn’t mean we don’t love and support this club just as much as others.

What a boring place this would be if everyone had the same view on everything!!!

We are all different, all love and hate different things in life, some pessimistic some optimistic

Here’s a challenge for you next season..... try and come up with something constructive and original if someone happens to disagree with your view on life.