Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 3990650 times)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread - Over 1000 Pages of Wisdom For Young Uns!
« Reply #42680 on: March 3, 2020, 11:03:44 am »
Fingers crossed Keith - and some of me toes . . . . ;D ;D ;D
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42681 on: March 5, 2020, 08:03:25 am »
Anybody out there? Where are you Doc B? A story of yours might provoke much needed conversation. No pressure 😊
When in Rome...

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42682 on: March 5, 2020, 08:11:53 am »
Anybody on this forum ever taken ill on holiday? I’m away at the moment and go and develop a problem with a kidney stone. If you’ve had them, you’ll know what a bloody nuisance they are. I’m getting treatment at a local hospital, had to stay overnight, do tests etc and attend a follow up appointment next week. I’m lucky from the aspect that the treatment is good (private via health insurance) and I’ve got support but I could have done without this bloody carry on.  >:(
When in Rome...

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #42683 on: March 5, 2020, 04:19:20 pm »
Anybody out there? Where are you Doc B? A story of yours might provoke much needed conversation. No pressure 😊
I was in northern Norway last week, about two hundred miles into the arctic circle. We were in this magnificent snowscape and as we passed a small cluster of houses I noticed that one of them had a massive red Liverbird painted on the gable end with six red stars under it!
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42684 on: March 5, 2020, 07:16:53 pm »
Anybody on this forum ever taken ill on holiday? I’m away at the moment and go and develop a problem with a kidney stone. If you’ve had them, you’ll know what a bloody nuisance they are. I’m getting treatment at a local hospital, had to stay overnight, do tests etc and attend a follow up appointment next week. I’m lucky from the aspect that the treatment is good (private via health insurance) and I’ve got support but I could have done without this bloody carry on.  >:(

I've got diverticular disease and had a bad episode after eating spicy food in Dubai on our second night there, when we went for the wifes 40th. Almost 50c temps and I've got the world falling out of my arse.
4 of us went the Burj Al Arab for indulgent afternoon tea on the Sunday, everything I ate made an almost immediate appearance. Me and the fella who turns the taps on for you in the loos were best mates by the end, I'd been in there that often. The hotel wanted to call their on site paramedic, but the missus was having none of that !!!

My stepdad broke his foot an hour after getting to his hotel in Tenerife, had a trip to the capital to have surgery and spent two weeks in a cast.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42685 on: March 6, 2020, 02:58:20 pm »
I was in northern Norway last week, about two hundred miles into the arctic circle. We were in this magnificent snowscape and as we passed a small cluster of houses I noticed that one of them had a massive red Liverbird painted on the gable end with six red stars under it!

Ha ha, never let us down Doc.
When in Rome...

Online McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #42686 on: March 7, 2020, 07:56:05 am »
Been skimming through the last year or so and realised there's nothing from Maggie. Is she ok?
Haven't heard from leo either...
Guess should post in the Where are they? thread.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #42687 on: March 7, 2020, 08:42:15 am »

Oh, the fewm from the GOT lurkers, Doc. Surely a piccie?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #42688 on: March 7, 2020, 08:52:45 am »
Been skimming through the last year or so and realised there's nothing from Maggie. Is she ok?
Haven't heard from leo either...
Guess should post in the Where are they? thread.
She was fine a week or so ago,was her usual self on Facebook.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42689 on: March 7, 2020, 11:04:52 am »
She was fine a week or so ago,was her usual self on Facebook.

That’s good to hear, let’s hope she pops in as a nice surprise.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 02:56:05 am by kopite.keith »
When in Rome...

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42690 on: March 8, 2020, 02:15:56 pm »
Oh, the fewm from the GOT lurkers, Doc. Surely a piccie?
I don't do photos but wifey took about a thousand and quite naturally, being a Chelsea fan, missed it.

But I plan on going back - and there should be seven stars by then.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2020, 02:17:28 pm by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42691 on: March 9, 2020, 04:54:04 am »
being a Chelsea fan

And your still married?  :shocked
Now there’s a topic. How many of us are married to partners and families of a different football orientation and what laughs or problems has it created over the years?
When in Rome...

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #42692 on: March 10, 2020, 11:58:13 pm »
And your still married?  :shocked
Now there’s a topic. How many of us are married to partners and families of a different football orientation and what laughs or problems has it created over the years?
my wife simply doesnt like football it works for us for the last 46 years
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #42693 on: March 14, 2020, 08:23:32 am »

I've had kidney stones and they are excruciating.  Comparable to child birth according to those who've had both. 

I was fortunate in that though I was on holiday, I was only in Scotland so not in foreign climes but I was doing a mega-trek at the time doing all the Munros.  The severe drought didn't help as there were no sources of water on the mountains themselves so you were limited to what you could carry and obviously that added massively to the weight that needed to be carried, especially for overnight camps. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42694 on: March 15, 2020, 09:29:49 pm »

Bloody hell Keith!! Hope things are now on the pathway to recovery mate!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42695 on: March 17, 2020, 04:49:44 am »
The top of the morning to yers all on this St. Patrick's day. It's a St Pat's day tinged with deep concerns for this world of ours and unlike any other I can recall in my 74 years here. Stay well and safe in this unfurling chaos eh? God bless all xx

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42696 on: March 17, 2020, 06:42:38 am »
Bloody hell Keith!! Hope things are now on the pathway to recovery mate!

Thanks for your concern Jonno. I’m currently relaxing after having had 2 shockwave treatments to break up the stones. I’ve been feeling pretty rough at times and to say I’m pissed off is an understatement, in a few words “ It’s fucking shite.” Now the whole country is going into lockdown for nearly two weeks which obviously can’t be helped but doesn’t fucking improve matters either. Stay safe all you auld arses back home.
When in Rome...

Offline Rick13

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42697 on: March 18, 2020, 07:50:43 pm »
The top of the morning to yers all on this St. Patrick's day. It's a St Pat's day tinged with deep concerns for this world of ours and unlike any other I can recall in my 74 years here. Stay well and safe in this unfurling chaos eh? God bless all xx

St Pat's Day was a complete non-event yesterday in Ireland, John.  No parades,no public gatherings and no pubs open.  As you probably know, Patrick is reputed to have banished the snakes from Ireland - now if only he could do the same for the World and this virus.

We (over 60s) have been a very lucky generation when you think of the World War(s) that our parents and their generation had to go through. Also we've been fortunate to be born in a country like GB or Ireland compared to the likes of Syria and many other countries on the planet.

Good Luck with the kidney stones,Keith. I know they can be very painful as a friend of mine had them a few years ago.
"We believe there's never a cause that's lost" Bill Shankly

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42698 on: March 19, 2020, 08:38:17 am »
Suppose it was inevitable that the day wasn't close to being a normal St. Pat's day Rick. You are quite correct that our parents and grandparents had to endure - and survive! - some horrific times. I suppose this current curse now falls to be our tester. Cycles eh? Aren't they all just something of a genetic and biological lottery.

I wish the best of all good outcomes to everyone of conscience in this world in these confusing and dangerous times. I wish to any that appear somewhat to have shall we say "misplaced" theirs in these desperate times, they can just take their chances.

Not a traditional Christian response I am well aware but there are some truly wicked bastards on the  world political stage crying crocodile tears - and I'm not talking about those who wear turbans, long beards and wave Kalashnikovs. Most of those whose utterances are globally reported wear Armani suits, exist in a plastic and much cosseted environment and with tedious and predictable monotony, choose to spout callous and inhuman words from the corridors of Government.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42699 on: March 19, 2020, 09:00:30 am »

Patrick is reputed to have banished the snakes

Is there any chance he could come back and do the same with our politicians?

Good Luck with the kidney stones,Keith. I know they can be very painful as a friend of mine had them a few years ago.

Thanks for your kind words Rick, hope your friend has managed to rid himself of the damn things.
When in Rome...

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42700 on: March 27, 2020, 08:40:53 pm »
with everything going on i think we need an aul arses roll call, so i will start i am here present and correct
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42701 on: March 27, 2020, 09:36:39 pm »
with everything going on i think we need an aul arses roll call, so i will start i am here present and correct
I'm fine and Maggie has been posting on Facebook so I'll tick her as present and correct.

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #42702 on: March 27, 2020, 10:43:37 pm »
Present and correct. No cough, fever or aching limbs yet... I'll soon be the only person fit enough to be Prime Minister.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 10:49:27 pm by Manila Vanilla »

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42703 on: March 28, 2020, 09:47:48 am »
Atten-shun! 23992075 Corporal White JP  reporting sah!! Stay safe and maintain your isolation drill!!

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42704 on: March 28, 2020, 10:24:15 am »
Here Sir  :wave
When in Rome...

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42705 on: March 28, 2020, 10:24:30 am »
Present!
NAKED BOOBERY

Online jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #42706 on: March 28, 2020, 01:37:15 pm »
Erm.
Kill the humourless

Online jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42707 on: March 28, 2020, 04:12:53 pm »
I'm fine and Maggie has been posting on Facebook so I'll tick her as present and correct.
Tell her she's not present and hardly correct  ;)
Kill the humourless

Online jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42708 on: April 1, 2020, 10:07:00 am »
Just finished me 2nd (or is it the 3rd) week of my self immolation.

Being semi-retired, my day normally consisted of 3-4 hours of footy reading and bantering, followed by or interspersed with, news and informational tv with a good movie, Maher episode, or, as a last resort, work for most of the day.

Now, I'm bored stupid.  Refuse to watch the news, no footy and disgusted with myself that all the youporn girls know me by my first name.

Eating too well, no exercise, 'oo's that fat barstard?

I'm an early riser. 3, 4, 5 a.m. tops.

Yesterday and today I hit the running track in the park at 4am.

5   1/4 mile laps, 2 running, 3 power walking.  Back home. Shower. 5am. Feel like a million.  Like I've earned summat.

So I'm jogging in the moonlight and lamplight and I notice this tall woman in the distance, all dressed in green watching me as I circumnavigate.

Old pervert, thinks me.  Then I see she's holding summat high in the air.

Lady Liberty.

Tara.
Kill the humourless

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42709 on: April 4, 2020, 02:51:19 am »
Just finished me 2nd (or is it the 3rd) week of my self immolation.

Being semi-retired, my day normally consisted of 3-4 hours of footy reading and bantering, followed by or interspersed with, news and informational tv with a good movie, Maher episode, or, as a last resort, work for most of the day.

Now, I'm bored stupid.  Refuse to watch the news, no footy and disgusted with myself that all the youporn girls know me by my first name.

Eating too well, no exercise, 'oo's that fat barstard?

I'm an early riser. 3, 4, 5 a.m. tops.

Yesterday and today I hit the running track in the park at 4am.

5   1/4 mile laps, 2 running, 3 power walking.  Back home. Shower. 5am. Feel like a million.  Like I've earned summat.

So I'm jogging in the moonlight and lamplight and I notice this tall woman in the distance, all dressed in green watching me as I circumnavigate.

Old pervert, thinks me.  Then I see she's holding summat high in the air.

Lady Liberty.

Tara.

Tee-hee!! Bet yer trainers were soaking wet for a good while before you spotted the "green lady" eh?  ;D ;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #42710 on: April 4, 2020, 11:46:09 am »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42711 on: April 4, 2020, 04:33:35 pm »
Been there,done that and certainly had the t shirt...

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42712 on: April 5, 2020, 06:06:42 am »
If life isn't weird enough now i don't need to go anywhere i wake up earlier than when i did need to go somewhere, also since i started this stay at home regime the weather has been generally brilliant, sods law 

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42713 on: April 5, 2020, 02:17:08 pm »
If life isn't weird enough now i don't need to go anywhere i wake up earlier than when i did need to go somewhere, also since i started this stay at home regime the weather has been generally brilliant, sods law 

What is the ruling about you allotment?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42714 on: April 6, 2020, 07:10:52 am »
What is the ruling about you allotment?
still going briefly by car about twice a week keep it ticking over personally i am spraying the main padlock first before i use it in and out my allotment is quite large so i am more like 60 metres away rather than 2 everyone seems to be staying apart within the site

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42715 on: April 11, 2020, 08:14:24 pm »
last post was mine 5 days ago:

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #42716 on: April 13, 2020, 04:16:17 am »
Present  if not often these days. Alls ok with my end . Have messaged Maggie on facebook, Seems still in high spirits.   Also Vic Gill who has very slowly recovered  from his brain operation.  Stay safe  every one and  my best wishes to you all.
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42717 on: April 14, 2020, 07:53:25 pm »
Present  if not often these days. Alls ok with my end . Have messaged Maggie on facebook, Seems still in high spirits.   Also Vic Gill who has very slowly recovered  from his brain operation.  Stay safe  every one and  my best wishes to you all.

Maggie commented on something i put on FB a few days ago, i was delighted to see that.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #42718 on: April 15, 2020, 03:33:28 pm »
Hi fellow auld arse's.
Hope you're all coping with this scary pandemic.
Keep well and keep safe.

Hope it's OK to put this in here.
A video I did for the 96 x

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/czTFkYvMeoY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/czTFkYvMeoY</a>

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)