Author Topic: Those chants  (Read 174260 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Those chants
« Reply #880 on: March 12, 2023, 10:18:44 am »
Another angle to those chants.

I’m in the bar of a pub having a beer after a meal. I’m with Mrs A and another couple. There’s a group of fellas at the bar, about 6 of them from maybe early 30s to 50s. Talk gets onto football and we get mentioned. The youngest one then starts going on about scousers and victims.

I’ve never heard that type of stuff first hand outside of a ground and to me it showed how insidious those chants are and how the content becomes normalised. I didn’t want to make a scene, but I did make a couple of loud comments hoping that it would spark a reaction. Because if it did I wanted him to sit down and explain to me why I was a victim. I was also going to invite him up to Liverpool to some of my favourite pubs, again to explain why we were victims. He was the sort of tosser that’s gobby with his mates but would be shit scared and full of apologies even 1:1 let alone the numbers being reversed.

There’s loads of pricks in this country that have picked up and run with a snide Manc chant without the faintest idea of what they’re talking about. The whole thing took the shine off a decent afternoon out and is another reason why there should be zero tolerance of those chants at the ground.

Jim mentioned that the club reads this thread. We’ll if they do, this is a direct result of letting that shite go unchecked for years.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #881 on: March 12, 2023, 01:20:08 pm »
Another angle to those chants.

I’m in the bar of a pub having a beer after a meal. I’m with Mrs A and another couple. There’s a group of fellas at the bar, about 6 of them from maybe early 30s to 50s. Talk gets onto football and we get mentioned. The youngest one then starts going on about scousers and victims.

I’ve never heard that type of stuff first hand outside of a ground and to me it showed how insidious those chants are and how the content becomes normalised. I didn’t want to make a scene, but I did make a couple of loud comments hoping that it would spark a reaction. Because if it did I wanted him to sit down and explain to me why I was a victim. I was also going to invite him up to Liverpool to some of my favourite pubs, again to explain why we were victims. He was the sort of tosser that’s gobby with his mates but would be shit scared and full of apologies even 1:1 let alone the numbers being reversed.

There’s loads of pricks in this country that have picked up and run with a snide Manc chant without the faintest idea of what they’re talking about. The whole thing took the shine off a decent afternoon out and is another reason why there should be zero tolerance of those chants at the ground.

Jim mentioned that the club reads this thread. We’ll if they do, this is a direct result of letting that shite go unchecked for years.
Thing is, they probably couldn't answer you anyway. It's simply the insult you hurl at people from Liverpool. Most don't even know why , they just parrot what others have said. This nonsense is like throwing shit at a wall. It tends to stick. Others pile on then, and loads of them don't even know or care why it came about in the first place.

This City and its people, and this club and its fans have committed the cardinal sin of standing up to establishment lies and cover-ups. We stood up to Tories that have devastated this country and those not fortunate enough to be rich. For our troubles much of the country has blindly swallowed the establishment line and then gone on to betray their own class. Betray the football following community and betrayed big parts of their own communities that fought against social injustices of their own.

Thatcher hated football. She despised football fans and she wanted to destroy the game as a working class sport. She hated the fact that the City of Liverpool and other working class communities stood up to her fascistic government. People from mining communities for example. Thing is though, although she was a sociopath, she wasn't stupid. They've always pushed a divide and conquer agenda. Set the people against the people and let them fight each other rather than establishment that's playing them like puppets.

So, here we are. Those who should be standing shoulder to shoulder with us call us victims instead. Useful idiots dancing to the tune of those who hate and despise them. It's all so tragic, but too many are too blind to see they've been played.

Football fan against football fan. Community against community. All kicking each other whilst we're all on the floor. The real victims here are those who have been played for mugs by a government and much of the media that licks right-wing arse whilst gleefully pushing its agenda.

Next time you hear some clown going on about victims, just remember that they are actually talking about themselves without even knowing it. Poor, blinkered victims who sadly lack the awareness to free themselves and think for themselves.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #882 on: March 12, 2023, 01:40:46 pm »
You’re giving Thatcher a little too much credit. Like most people in politics, and especially those elevated to high position on the national stage, she was a puppet of far larger forces. 

That’s why very little changes, regardless of who is in power.

With respect to the media, they are bought and paid for. They know full well what they are doing. About many, many things. But the money is too good. And careers are on the line.

The lackadaisical attitude of the club towards these chants, for decades, has been very poor.

With the consequences now coming into view.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 02:10:13 pm by FLRed67 »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #883 on: March 12, 2023, 02:37:47 pm »
You’re giving Thatcher a little too much credit. Like most people in politics, and especially those elevated to high position on the national stage, she was a puppet of far larger forces. 

That’s why very little changes, regardless of who is in power.

With respect to the media, they are bought and paid for. They know full well what they are doing. About many, many things. But the money is too good. And careers are on the line.

The lackadaisical attitude of the club towards these chants, for decades, has been very poor.

With the consequences now coming into view.

How many years of Thatcher did you and yours live through ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #884 on: March 19, 2023, 02:36:13 pm »
Fair play to Colchester and their fan group

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65007629

Colchester United have condemned fans who sang "vile chants" about ex-Leyton Orient manager Justin Edinburgh during Saturday's game at Brisbane Road.

Edinburgh died in June 2019 at the age of 49 after suffering a cardiac arrest.

He led Orient to the National League title, and a return to the English Football League, two months before.

"Not for the first time this season a very small minority of those in the away section have acted in a shameful manner," a Colchester statement read.

"This time making vile chants that no decent person would make and are in no way shared by Colchester United or the vast majority of Colchester United fans.

"We will co-operate with Leyton Orient should there be any further investigations."

Colchester scored twice late on in the League Two game to come back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at Brisbane Road.

The U's dropped to 21st in the division, five points above the relegation places, while Orient are six points clear at the top of the table.

Colchester United fan group Blue White Army also condemned the chants, saying they had made a donation to the Justin Edinburgh Foundation.

"We hope this makes a small amends for the deplorable chants by a section of our fanbase," the group added.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #885 on: March 20, 2023, 11:43:32 pm »

How many years of Thatcher did you and yours live through ?

I know knowledge is nothing without experience an all that . If you take out the Thatcher bit in the first paragraph then it's spot on !
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 11:46:26 pm by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #886 on: March 21, 2023, 01:27:28 am »
I know knowledge is nothing without experience an all that . If you take out the Thatcher bit in the first paragraph then it's spot on !

Son of Spion got it spot on the way he wrote it.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #887 on: April 1, 2023, 03:50:37 pm »

From today's game away at Manchester City...

'Liverpool want a second yellow for Rodri...... he's a lucky boy. That's a booking. City fans respond with 'always the victims'. Grim' - https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1642136275464384515

Man City: "Manchester City are disappointed to have heard inappropriate chants from home fans during today's game. We regret any offence these chants may have caused and will continue to work with supporters groups & officials from both clubs to eradicate hateful chanting." - https://twitter.com/ptgorst/status/1642174083742810112

^ so that means nothing will be done (other than to reduce our allocation again for next season?)

The chants could be hears loud and clear on BT Sport - who did not comment on it at the time, or after.

Edit: Man City have made a statement on their club website; seems their fans attacked our team bus?:-

www.mancity.com/news/club/club-statement-1-april-2023-63815962

'Manchester City FC has been made aware that Liverpool FC’s coach sustained damage on its return journey following today’s game.
We understand an object was thrown towards the coach in a residential area.

Incidents of this kind are totally unacceptable, and we strongly condemn the actions of the individual(s) responsible.

We will fully support Greater Manchester Police’s investigation into this incident in any way we can.

Additionally, the Club is disappointed to have heard inappropriate chants from home fans during the game today.

We regret any offence these chants may have caused and will continue to work with supporter groups and officials from both clubs to eradicate hateful chanting from this fixture.'

« Last Edit: April 1, 2023, 05:36:22 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #888 on: April 1, 2023, 03:54:39 pm »
Well as long as they sorry. That's what really counts.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #889 on: April 1, 2023, 04:13:03 pm »

'Liverpool want a second yellow for Rodri...... he's a lucky boy. That's a booking. City fans respond with 'always the victims'. Grim' - https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1642136275464384515

Man City: "Manchester City are disappointed to have heard inappropriate chants from home fans during today's game. We regret any offence these chants may have caused and will continue to work with supporters groups & officials from both clubs to eradicate hateful chanting." - https://twitter.com/ptgorst/status/1642174083742810112

^ so that means nothing will be done (other than to reduce our allocation again for next season?)

The chants could be hears loud and clear on BT Sport - who did not comment on it at the time, or after.

Same on Peacock.Peter Drury given all his flowery prose bollox about the great atmos when city equalized but absolute silence from him during the victims shite.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #890 on: April 1, 2023, 06:14:41 pm »

(snip)

Yeah, stuff their apology........ do something about it and take some action you fucker's !

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #891 on: April 1, 2023, 07:14:46 pm »

Same on Peacock.Peter Drury given all his flowery prose bollox about the great atmos when city equalized but absolute silence from him during the victims shite.

The commentators on BT Sport today would’ve been more likely to join in than condemn it

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #892 on: April 1, 2023, 07:28:22 pm »
You can complain about it here if you want to: https://www.bt.com/exp/help/contact-bt/form/sports-complaints

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #893 on: April 1, 2023, 10:06:38 pm »
Yeah, stuff their apology........ do something about it and take some action you fucker's !
You’re right of course but I think progress has been made recently. It’s almost exactly a year since the applause at Anfield for Ronaldo’s baby. United fans’ awful response got attention, as did City wrecking the silence before last year’s FA Cup semi. Since then there’s been more media coverage, the victims chant has been recognised for what it is, clubs have had to keep apologising for it and, in the last couple of games against the Manchester teams, it seems to have reduced in frequency.There are reasons for optimism.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: April 2, 2023, 03:20:57 pm »
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2023/apr/02/fa-condemns-manchester-city-fans-abhorrent-hillsborough-chants-liverpool

The FA condemning Man City fans , again, over their vile behaviour. 
It’s about time they actually took action.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #895 on: April 2, 2023, 08:51:00 pm »
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2023/apr/02/fa-condemns-manchester-city-fans-abhorrent-hillsborough-chants-liverpool

The FA condemning Man City fans , again, over their vile behaviour. 
It’s about time they actually took action.

Empty talk.

The ground is covered by CCTV with plenty of stewards in earshot of those chanting and able to take action against the instigators.  Nothing done says it all.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #896 on: April 3, 2023, 11:30:31 am »
Think it's time for another joint statement to call out both sets of fans.  ::)

Sarcasm aside and to be optimistic it does feel like the wheels are beginning to creek and show some signs of movement.

'Tragedy chanting' has now become a more mainstream term used by the media lately and reported a bit more, so hopefully now the club can grow a pair and use it to begin taking proper action against away fans on a larger scale.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: April 3, 2023, 11:32:28 am »
Empty talk.

The ground is covered by CCTV with plenty of stewards in earshot of those chanting and able to take action against the instigators.  Nothing done says it all.

They couldn't do anything about it because it was practically their entire stadium, which they struggle to fill as it is, so imagine they banned the current lot from going.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: April 3, 2023, 11:32:34 am »
What we should do is give them no allocation next season at Anfield.

It wasn't just a minority spouting that crap on Saturday, it was a majority.

Horrible, horrible club from top to bottom.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #899 on: April 3, 2023, 03:55:38 pm »
And just like that, it has been completely forgotten about again.
Nothing at all in the BBC sports page. Nothing about the chants. Nothing about the bus being attacked.
......They choose to run with a headline piece about Klopp being lucky to still be in a job.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #900 on: April 3, 2023, 04:20:44 pm »
Nothing at all in the BBC sports page. Nothing about the chants. Nothing about the bus being attacked.
......They choose to run with a headline piece about Klopp being lucky to still be in a job.

I'm sure Stu Brennan will be along to criticise their fans any minute now, he's very hot on such issues...
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #901 on: April 3, 2023, 04:22:40 pm »

There was an article mentioning both incidents after the game.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #902 on: April 3, 2023, 05:02:30 pm »
With the law for what constitutes a public order offence being so vague (you can get done for swearing in the street) it is difficult to accept that hateful chants designed to offend are not some violation thereof

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #903 on: April 3, 2023, 08:23:47 pm »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65150176

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #904 on: April 4, 2023, 08:31:50 pm »
Chelsea are a bunch a vile bastards... And the fkin commentators sit there quiet as fuck

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: April 4, 2023, 08:31:53 pm »
Dirty fucking rats.

Online lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #906 on: April 4, 2023, 08:33:41 pm »
Im Fucking sick of it... every fckin game.. Should ban all there away support everytime they come to anfield. Fuck them

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: April 4, 2023, 08:33:58 pm »
An all round shitty fanbase who revel in being utter c*nts

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: April 4, 2023, 08:36:38 pm »
Up there with the fucking worse fanbases in the country.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: April 4, 2023, 08:37:57 pm »
Just mentioned it on the comms thread. Incredible the commentators just sit there and say nothing:

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: April 4, 2023, 08:38:35 pm »
Just mentioned it on the comms thread. Incredible the commentators just sit there and say nothing:

Is it? Why would they start now? What's changed?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #911 on: April 4, 2023, 08:40:02 pm »
Is it? Why would they start now? What's changed?

A number of journalists have mentioned it on Twitter so why shouldn’t they on the tv channels as well?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #912 on: April 4, 2023, 08:41:10 pm »
Just trying to visualise the outporing of rage if Anfield was rocking to Munich chants with Neville as commentator.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: April 4, 2023, 08:41:17 pm »
A number of journalists have mentioned it on Twitter so why shouldn’t they on the tv channels as well?

When do comms ever mention the chanting? Journalists maybe, but I almost never hear comms doing it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #914 on: April 4, 2023, 08:42:42 pm »
When do comms ever mention the chanting? Journalists maybe, but I almost never hear comms doing it.

That’s what I would like to ask them.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #915 on: April 4, 2023, 08:49:58 pm »
Up there with the fucking worse fanbases in the country.
That’s no surprise but what they’re doing is what every set of opposition fans do when we play them. Only fanbase I can’t recall any Hillsborough chanting from is Arsenal, Brentford, Southampton. Might be wrong.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #916 on: April 4, 2023, 08:51:55 pm »

Embarrassingly on the international feed last week the commentator did mention the chanting. When City fans starting signing "Championes"  :butt
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #917 on: April 4, 2023, 09:00:26 pm »
That’s no surprise but what they’re doing is what every set of opposition fans do when we play them. Only fanbase I can’t recall any Hillsborough chanting from is Arsenal, Brentford, Southampton. Might be wrong.

Palace and Brighton too?

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #918 on: April 4, 2023, 09:00:28 pm »
Embarrassingly on the international feed last week the commentator did mention the chanting. When City fans starting signing "Championes"  :butt

It means mushrooms in Spanish. Of course they are too thick to know that or that the real chant is 'Campiones'.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #919 on: April 4, 2023, 10:24:53 pm »

'Now Chelsea fans respond with 'always the victims'. It's so grim.' - around 31 mins - https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1643335405700251649

'Club statement on offensive chanting' - www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/club-statement-on-offensive-chanting

'Chelsea FC condemns the inappropriate chants heard from some home fans during this evening’s game. Hateful chanting has no place in football and we apologise to anyone who has been offended by them.'

^ but isn't going to do anything about it whatsoever.... TV commentators also silent on the chants... yet again.

Edit: Sky then have the audacity to post this up - https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1643366328726609922 - despite their complicity in suppressing or acknowledging these chants live on air - which have taken place on Sky broadcasts for many, many years. And they still remain silent on it when these vile chants occur...

Edit 2: 'The Premier League condemns the tragedy chanting heard at tonight’s match between Chelsea and Liverpool. We continue to treat this as an unacceptable issue and are seeking to address it as a priority.' - https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/1643361177316065283

^ and yet the Premier League have continued to do nothing about this 'unacceptable issue' for years - let alone actually take any action that would even attempt to 'address it as a priority'.

« Last Edit: April 5, 2023, 11:21:53 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576