Author Topic: Thiago Morton is a player. I’ve got his poster on my wall  (Read 50854 times)

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
Re: Thiago Morton is a player. I’ve got his poster on my wall
« Reply #320 on: March 1, 2023, 12:03:36 pm »
To me, he's an exciting prospect, technically very good, decent football brain. when he fills out he'll be boss. Blackburn is perfect for him right now, and he's playing 50%+ of their games. They're choosing when to put him in and when not to. He's actually being managed very very well by Jon Dahl Tommasen.

I think some fans have a habit of comparing kids to seniors in inferior leagues. He's a kid. Let him develop. No one saw Bajcetic coming.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #321 on: March 1, 2023, 12:12:54 pm »
Would like to see him given a chance in pre-season, definitely has something about him.  Just worry about his physical capabilities in a team that's crying out for more speed and power in midfield.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #322 on: March 19, 2023, 09:10:39 pm »
Anyone watch him today in the cup? Heard there was a bit of scapegoating?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #323 on: March 19, 2023, 11:15:28 pm »
Anyone watch him today in the cup? Heard there was a bit of scapegoating?

Apparently their fans are not fond of him at all, was receiving abuse from their away end so I’ve been told. I’ve mostly seen very negative stuff written about him, which is unfortunate.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: March 20, 2023, 01:00:46 am »
A quick glance at the post match reaction on their forums doesn't favor Morton as well with him being labelled inconsistent/weak/not good enough. Surprising since he has made 40 appearances for them this season. Might be reactionary. 
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: March 20, 2023, 08:50:57 am »
A quick glance at the post match reaction on their forums doesn't favor Morton as well with him being labelled inconsistent/weak/not good enough. Surprising since he has made 40 appearances for them this season. Might be reactionary.
He will never be powerful enough for a top half PL side.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #326 on: March 20, 2023, 09:37:20 am »
He was down holding his face for the last goal, seems people think he was trying to get the game stopped rather than just fighting for the ball. No idea if he was actually injured as I didn't watch in full.

The reaction to him online is very odd. Liverpool fans hyping up his appearances, Blackburn fans saying he's been awful.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: March 20, 2023, 09:39:36 am »
I read an article speculating that the only reason he was in the side so much for Blackburn was because we had a punitive clause in the contract which came into effect if didn't play x% of available minutes/games.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #328 on: March 20, 2023, 09:40:55 am »
I think thats just a reflection of fans these days. Its easier to pile on someone who isn't actually your player. We're not innocent in it, look at the reaction to Arthur. Pretty similar when we signed Kabak. He's played in all but two games for a side who have barely been outside the top six in the Championship, I'd suggest he's doing something right.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #329 on: March 20, 2023, 09:42:23 am »
There's a guy on YouTube who does match compilations for Morton, showing everything, warts and all.  His passing, his positioning, etc, even when he gives it away.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YHZRLVYNOaw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YHZRLVYNOaw</a>

Will wait for his one from this weekend and see how Tyler really did.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: March 20, 2023, 10:02:15 am »
I think thats just a reflection of fans these days. Its easier to pile on someone who isn't actually your player. We're not innocent in it, look at the reaction to Arthur. Pretty similar when we signed Kabak. He's played in all but two games for a side who have barely been outside the top six in the Championship, I'd suggest he's doing something right.

I'd rather we kept Morton and loaned blackburn arthur tbf. Meet in the middle that way.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #331 on: March 20, 2023, 10:38:46 am »
I read an article speculating that the only reason he was in the side so much for Blackburn was because we had a punitive clause in the contract which came into effect if didn't play x% of available minutes/games.

It’s in all players contracts than we loan out

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #332 on: March 20, 2023, 11:57:13 am »
Ironic thing is he was involved in both Blackburn goals. Put the ball across for the penalty decision then won the ball well in the middle for the 2nd one. As someone above says I'd be sceptical about him making it in the top flight due to physicality but he's doing alright for the time being and should become a well rounded player.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline TankEngine10

• Anny Roader
« Reply #333 on: March 20, 2023, 12:14:08 pm »
I'd rather we kept Morton and loaned blackburn arthur tbf. Meet in the middle that way.
:lmao I like that idea

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: March 20, 2023, 05:17:22 pm »
He was down holding his face for the last goal, seems people think he was trying to get the game stopped rather than just fighting for the ball. No idea if he was actually injured as I didn't watch in full.

The reaction to him online is very odd. Liverpool fans hyping up his appearances, Blackburn fans saying he's been awful.

It looked a bit of a nothing challenge in real time and not a reason for the ref to stop the game but i guess he got a finger in the eye.He did o.k during the game but not really outstanding.I don't think he's gonna make it at Liverpool but he'll find a fit somewhere.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: March 20, 2023, 05:49:20 pm »

sounds like a typical day on RAWK. 

could be that he's an easy target for their fans who like a good moan coz he's not really "one of theirs" and as a PL club player he should be winning them games regularly.

edit:  looks like Lobo got these thoughts in earlier.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: March 21, 2023, 10:26:16 am »
 Jurgen Klopp plans to hand Tyler Morton a chance to impress during preseason, having heard “really positive” feedback from the midfielder’s loan spell with Blackburn Rovers. [@JamesPearceLFC]

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2023, 11:05:33 am »
Jurgen Klopp plans to hand Tyler Morton a chance to impress during preseason, having heard “really positive” feedback from the midfielder’s loan spell with Blackburn Rovers. [@JamesPearceLFC]

Great news, we need some good solid and dependable midfielders for the squad.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #338 on: March 21, 2023, 11:18:26 am »
It's not like he did bad for us when he filled in, just needed a bit more time, despite what some at BR are saying I think he might make it here and could be really useful, glad he's going to be given at least pre-season to show us

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: March 21, 2023, 11:21:31 am »
He was always going to be given pre-season here. Dont think its anything surprising.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #340 on: March 21, 2023, 11:30:02 am »
Not every PL player that makes it goes and excels at a lower league loan.

However, the chances of Morton making it are slim. That's mainly because of the odds of any young player making it to a CL level ability and performance is relatively small. That's not being down on Morton, it 's just being realistic about the hurdles that every young players needs to navigate to get to a high enough level to play for a CL team.

It makes sense to give him a chance in pre-season and see how he's developed. If he's a good squad option then that's a good thing - even if he's 8th or 9th in the midfield pecking order. He'd ultimately be a HG player, which we are lacking, and he'd be cheap with low wages and no transfer fee. If he shows he capable of doing that job as a 8th/9th midfielder then it's a no-brainer and allows fund to be concentrated elsewhere in the squad.

The hurdle to being 8th/9th choice is still quite high though. hence why taking a look at him in pre-season, to see how he has progressed, makes complete sense. You aren't commenting anything to him or stopping doing anything major in the transfer marker as a result of this.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: March 21, 2023, 11:31:36 am »
Having a fairly decent, young, homegrown/club trained, seemingly fairly robust CM is no bad thing when we're losing at least three from our current crop of midfielders in the summer and quite probably more.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: March 21, 2023, 11:59:05 am »
He should go out on loan again hopefully to a premier league side.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: March 21, 2023, 12:09:49 pm »
He will never be powerful enough for a top half PL side.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: March 21, 2023, 12:09:54 pm »
He should go out on loan again hopefully to a premier league side.

Why is being on loan to a PL club better than being 8th choice at Liverpool?

I don't have a strong opinion on this. If pushed I'd be thinking about whether Morton could fill a squad role for 23/24. That's why my focus would be. Can we fill a hole in the squad with a cheap option and focus funds (wages and transfer fees) on players who'll be more prominent in 1st team selection.

Maybe Morton's longer term development might be better placed with a loan. Maybe not. That would only make sense if you thought in 2024 onwards he could be more than a peripheral squad option.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: March 21, 2023, 12:20:47 pm »
He should be given some time with first team squad.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: March 21, 2023, 12:41:12 pm »
Why is being on loan to a PL club better than being 8th choice at Liverpool?

I don't have a strong opinion on this. If pushed I'd be thinking about whether Morton could fill a squad role for 23/24. That's why my focus would be. Can we fill a hole in the squad with a cheap option and focus funds (wages and transfer fees) on players who'll be more prominent in 1st team selection.

Maybe Morton's longer term development might be better placed with a loan. Maybe not. That would only make sense if you thought in 2024 onwards he could be more than a peripheral squad option.

He will get more games.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: March 21, 2023, 12:43:50 pm »

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: March 21, 2023, 01:11:53 pm »
He will get more games.

So you are viewing him being a long term option that we want to nurture over the next few years and make sure his development is key determinant of what he does next?

Just trying to get a sense of what you potentially view him as and why 'potentially' more games would help when at loan to a lower PL team versus training with Liverpool squad.

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #349 on: March 21, 2023, 01:39:28 pm »
Will no doubt be another Curtis Jones. In the squad for homegrown reasons. May make a few £m on him next summer.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: March 21, 2023, 02:29:07 pm »
Will no doubt be another Curtis Jones. In the squad for homegrown reasons. May make a few £m on him next summer.

What a strange statement, Jones has been horrifically unlucky with injuries, he's a quality prospect.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #351 on: March 21, 2023, 03:39:39 pm »
I don't follow Morton, and I know that the Rovers fans are not too impressed with him, but I see him as a useful player in the grand scheme of things. He's shown some decent qualities in the games he played for us and now he has Championship experience. We are way too short on midfield options, and even if we buy two players, we won't do a wholesale change. If we decide to sell Morton, we can't hope for a large sum to fund incoming players. All of this points to us likely retaining him for cup games and maybe the odd league game.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #352 on: March 21, 2023, 03:43:11 pm »
I don't follow Morton, and I know that the Rovers fans are not too impressed with him....

Only going off one mate, who's a bit more forgiving maybe, but he seemed to think he'd started the season well - had a bit of a dip and come back stronger recently. I know they were a bit miffed around Christmas, and after the FA cup at the weekend. But I'm not sure it's as bad as some of their online lads would make you think.  But caveat - sample size of one lad.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #353 on: March 21, 2023, 03:51:30 pm »
Only going off one mate, who's a bit more forgiving maybe, but he seemed to think he'd started the season well - had a bit of a dip and come back stronger recently. I know they were a bit miffed around Christmas, and after the FA cup at the weekend. But I'm not sure it's as bad as some of their online lads would make you think.  But caveat - sample size of one lad.
There was an article with Jon Dahl Tomasson's quotes on Morton, and it was clear that he rates him. Maybe Blacburn need a better player for their No6 role, being a club with promotion aspirations, but they are around those places with Morton. Jon Dahl Tomasson also said that Morton needed a break because of the intensity in the Championship, and was better after that, as your mate told you too. I don't have any social media accounts for a reason, so I don't read what's posted there...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: March 21, 2023, 05:06:05 pm »
So you are viewing him being a long term option that we want to nurture over the next few years and make sure his development is key determinant of what he does next?

Just trying to get a sense of what you potentially view him as and why 'potentially' more games would help when at loan to a lower PL team versus training with Liverpool squad.

Yes exactly he needs as many games as possible at a top level at his age, not to the point of being overloaded but I feel he’s development would go along further being a mainstay in a lower PL side than it would getting the odd game here.

He would be far down the pecking order here, he hasn’t exactly set the championship alight, I don’t think he is an Elliott type who can play for a top PL club from 18 onwards in that regards, but in a couple years I could see him being a good squad player here and maybe more, and if not that at least by him playing in a team in a top league we could get a 20M+ fee from him if all goes well.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: March 21, 2023, 05:07:06 pm »

Jones was actually a bigger talent as a youth player, it’s injuries that have derailed him and he could still have a good future here.

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #356 on: March 22, 2023, 08:06:43 am »
What a strange statement, Jones has been horrifically unlucky with injuries, he's a quality prospect.
Evidence?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: March 22, 2023, 10:17:33 am »
Evidence?
Elite ball progression from passing and carrying. MF normally start to put it together around 22-24, he has all the qualities to be a starting caliber 8, he just need to get fit and put it together
https://fbref.com/en/players/4fb9c88f/Curtis-Jones

Morton hasn't showed that as much, may be in part to Blackburn style of play, Championship good experience for him.
https://fbref.com/en/players/2bc28bb9/Tyler-Morton

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #358 on: March 22, 2023, 02:04:15 pm »
I got to say, I really hoped Curtis Jones had kicked on by now, he has a really good profile, but injuries have stopped his development. I personally wouldn't use stats to champion him, just like people champion Naby Keita with stats.

Morton though, has a high ceiling, the true test is bringing that form with Blackburn through to Liverpool first team, because its a big step up. I do like his range of passing, positioning and reading of the game. When he fills out, he could be something special....

....but then, I thought Tom Huddlestone was like that too haha.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: March 22, 2023, 02:29:28 pm »
I got to say, I really hoped Curtis Jones had kicked on by now, he has a really good profile, but injuries have stopped his development. I personally wouldn't use stats to champion him, just like people champion Naby Keita with stats.

Morton though, has a high ceiling, the true test is bringing that form with Blackburn through to Liverpool first team, because its a big step up. I do like his range of passing, positioning and reading of the game. When he fills out, he could be something special....

....but then, I thought Tom Huddlestone was like that too haha.

You weren't wrong to be fair. Not many players more filled out then Huddlestone.