Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 964792 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2019, 09:19:57 pm »
As I said previously, Klopp's successor will be carefully planned out.  Jurgen loves us too much to just up and leave us in the lurch.  This is the new Boot Room - Klopp's replacement will not be a shot in the dark.  If that replacement is Steven Gerrard (for example) it wont be a hit-and-hope choice.  FSG have come too far and learned too much to do that.

I love your optimism but if you are looking at FSG's track record then the closest thing you will find to Klopp is Terry Franconna who broke the curse and delivered two titles. He was replaced with Bobby 'V' a TV pundit who is probably best described as the USA's Garth Crooks.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2019, 09:55:42 pm »
Thanks for the video redsince86. I'm not tactical enough to know his true it is, but it may be a reason that city are struggling so much without laporte. Was he responsible for picking up a lot of the long balls?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: October 12, 2019, 10:13:24 pm »
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him take a crack at the England job after us.

I think I speak for every Irishman everywhere when I say he's the last person on the planet I would like to see take over England.  :)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2019, 10:42:58 pm »
I think I speak for every Irishman everywhere when I say he's the last person on the planet I would like to see take over England.  :)

I would back that up by saying why would any Liverpool fan worry about England.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #204 on: October 12, 2019, 10:47:27 pm »
The England job :lmao

One of the worst shouts in the history of bad shouts
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2019, 10:51:02 pm »
The England job :lmao

One of the worst shouts in the history of bad shouts

Certainly one way to ruin his reputation.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2019, 11:07:17 pm »
I love your optimism but if you are looking at FSG's track record then the closest thing you will find to Klopp is Terry Franconna who broke the curse and delivered two titles. He was replaced with Bobby 'V' a TV pundit who is probably best described as the USA's Garth Crooks.

Strange, Bobby Valentine’s wiki page suggest a fairly long and relatively successful managerial career before a difficult year at Red Sox. Doesn’t sound a lot like Garth Crooks.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #207 on: October 12, 2019, 11:23:22 pm »
Strange, Bobby Valentine’s wiki page suggest a fairly long and relatively successful managerial career before a difficult year at Red Sox. Doesn’t sound a lot like Garth Crooks.

I would love you to show a link for the successful Bobby 'V'.

Whilst you are there please list Bobby's achievements. I can guarantee his achievements will rhyme with scone.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2019, 12:01:44 am »

Whilst you are there please list Bobby's achievements. I can guarantee his achievements will rhyme with scone.

His wiki page suggests that he won stuff.  More to the point, it suggests a fairly lengthy and respectable managerial career, which rather begs the question of why you would make the comparison with Garth Crooks, in a managerial context, given that Crooks has not been a manager, a rather important difference. Goodnight.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2019, 12:03:47 am »
His wiki page suggests that he won stuff.  More to the point, it suggests a fairly lengthy and respectable managerial career, which rather begs the question of why you would make the comparison with Garth Crooks, in a managerial context, given that Crooks has not been a manager, a rather important difference. Goodnight.
someone like souness would have been a better comparison to be honest

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: October 13, 2019, 12:32:09 am »

Yeah, you need to stop comparing what FSG do/did with the Red Sox with what they might do with Liverpool. Mostly because your understanding of baseball doesn’t seem to be that great.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2019, 12:43:50 am »

Bobby Valentine was a very good national league manager (the toughest of the two major baseball leagues to manage). He managed the team I follow, the NY Mets. He was a proper manager, knew how to run all kinds of plays, and he was and is a huge character too!

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2019, 12:50:34 am »
Boston,
Fenway park,
Valentine...

Fallout 4 does not seem to let go easily...

Back to the commonwealth it is then.  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2019, 12:56:30 am »

Al, with the greatest respect, your pessimism regarding FSG is well known.  You're acting as if FSG stumbled onto Jurgen by accident when it was quite clearly an intended choice.  Of course there was no guarantee he would choose to join us, but if you think he wont have any say in who succeeds him you're being daft.

Once again you're just exhibiting your prejudice towards FSG.  And you're best keeping it under wraps until our owners definitively fall short in their intentions.

Is that because you're worried he might actually accomplish something?  Southgate got England to a semi-fucking-final - why is it so hard to think Klopp could do better - IF he chose to take the job?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2019, 01:39:46 am »
Never fails to amaze me

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2019, 04:50:31 am »

Bobby V's time with the red sox was a disaster. There were bottom of the american league when he was sacked.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 13, 2019, 04:55:57 am »
If Gerrard is the best manager that we can attract then so be it but as you have indicated Gerrard would have to have a fantastic turnaround in his fortunes for that to be the case. Managerial appointments should be based on a managers track recorlnot the fans affinity for one particular candidate. Otherwise you end up with Ole at the wheel.

Agreed.... Gerrard has to win and accomplish more in his managerial career to even be considered a candidate. We just need to see what is happening to Ole Ole Ole now. The most beloved player from their treble winning season is getting abuse from every angle now.

Hope FSG learnt their lessons from hiring rodgers
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: October 13, 2019, 07:27:15 am »
Jurgen, please never leave us.
Believer

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2019, 07:28:22 am »
I also see Gerrard as the perfect candidate after Klopp, but as many said he has to earn it in the right way.
Believer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2019, 07:39:36 am »
I also see Gerrard as the perfect candidate after Klopp, but as many said he has to earn it in the right way.

Perfect how...?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 13, 2019, 07:47:53 am »

Not sure really. We have such a high quality football unit going on from tactics to analytics and nutrition. Clearly we are very data driven so we would need someone has not only open to that but is also experienced in it.

Gerrard would be open to that but how experienced is he?

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: October 13, 2019, 08:02:10 am »
I'm convinced Jurrgen will leave in 2022. That's how long his current contract is for and when it is the Qatar world cup ends when the job might be available and which fits his ambitions to manage the German national team before he turns 60. 2022 is the key date.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 13, 2019, 10:13:12 am »

I don’t get this at all. Yeah, he’ll always be a club legend as a player, but I’ve seen nothing in his management so far that would suggest he’s good enough for us. And personality wise, he’s no Klopp. They’re such different characters.

There’s no room for sentiment when choosing a manager.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 13, 2019, 10:34:36 am »
I don’t get this at all. Yeah, he’ll always be a club legend as a player, but I’ve seen nothing in his management so far that would suggest he’s good enough for us. And personality wise, he’s no Klopp. They’re such different characters.

There’s no room for sentiment when choosing a manager.

Spot on. Go for the best and stay away from the type of maudlin wishful thinking the Bitters espouse.

Mind you I'd have Gerrard any day of their dream team of Pip (sounds like Pep) Neville and Tim Cahill.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #224 on: October 13, 2019, 10:45:19 am »

Gone? Ron? Tone? Cone? There are two ways to pronounce scone and I don't think either of them sound the way you think it does. 😉
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #225 on: October 13, 2019, 10:49:32 am »
And personality wise, he’s no Klopp.

There's no one, nowhere in the world close to Klopp and it would be a big mistake when that dark day arrives, trying and most certainly failing to get a like for like replacement.

I've got a sneaky feeling that he'll get involved in politics when he's about 60. What price Chancellor Klopp?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: October 13, 2019, 12:22:49 pm »
There's no one, nowhere in the world close to Klopp and it would be a big mistake when that dark day arrives, trying and most certainly failing to get a like for like replacement.

I've got a sneaky feeling that he'll get involved in politics when he's about 60. What price Chancellor Klopp?

Der Skausenkanzler.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2019, 12:44:01 pm »
Not sure really. We have such a high quality football unit going on from tactics to analytics and nutrition. Clearly we are very data driven so we would need someone has not only open to that but is also experienced in it.

Gerrard would be open to that but how experienced is he?
A seamless transition, then it should Pep Lijnders.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: October 13, 2019, 12:58:37 pm »
Lijnders is a good coach but that doesn't mean he'll be a good manager. He struggled in Holland with that aspect.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: October 13, 2019, 01:05:52 pm »
Chaps, his contract expires in nearly three years time. It’s a long, long, long way off to really be discussing it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #230 on: October 13, 2019, 01:36:36 pm »
Anyone who can get the Anfield Wrap should listen to The Klopp four years one, it is quality.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #231 on: October 13, 2019, 01:42:13 pm »
Think some of you need the international break to be over. We’re 8 points clear at the top of the table, European champions and our next game is that lot down the road, and some of you are thinking about the Jürgen  leaving us and what future that might hold.

Let’s just enjoy that we’re in a good moment and focus on the here and now shall we? Worry about what comes next later.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: October 13, 2019, 02:15:42 pm »
Premature conversation, but succession planning must always be on the agenda in any successful organisation. When Klopp does eventually leave, we need to hire the best candidate with the best CV possible considering our structure and identity as a club.

Gerrard’s name shouldn’t even be considered, unless he thoroughly proves himself as an elite coach elsewhere first. And I don’t mean by winning the SPL. The thought of hiring him based solely on his association with the club makes me shudder & is exactly what we laugh at Utd for right now.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #233 on: October 13, 2019, 02:26:49 pm »

Bobby V's time with the red sox was a disaster. There were bottom of the american league when he was sacked.

It was a bizarre appointment Valentine was 61 years of age hadn't managed in Major League baseball for a decade and was working as a pundit. He was also a divisive figure who had a track record for causing chaos in the locker room.

As you say it was a disastrous appointment.

So for me it is a pretty massive assumption that FSG will get the next appointment at Liverpool right.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #234 on: October 13, 2019, 02:31:14 pm »
It was a bizarre appointment Valentine was 61 years of age hadn't managed in Major League baseball for a decade and was working as a pundit. He was also a divisive figure who had a track record for causing chaos in the locker room.

So for me it is a pretty massive assumption that FSG will get the next appointment at Liverpool right.

Of course, we could just wait and see what happens first before assuming anything at all. Or better still, making the most of Klopp being here now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #235 on: October 13, 2019, 02:34:27 pm »

This surprises absolutely no one.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: October 13, 2019, 02:53:28 pm »

From the brink of administration and absolute mediocrity on the field to top of the league & champions of Europe. I don’t see what else FSG have to do to earn validation or trust. Some truly will find anything to complain about.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #237 on: October 13, 2019, 03:12:27 pm »
From the brink of administration and absolute mediocrity on the field to top of the league & champions of Europe. I don’t see what else FSG have to do to earn validation or trust. Some truly will find anything to complain about.

The main reason for our success for me is not FSG but Klopp. We have for me one of the best managers ever to grace the game and we should enjoy it whilst we can. What we shouldn't do is assume that will continue when Klopp leaves. If you want a comparison look at United.

As for mediocrity I suggest you take a look at how we were performing before Klopp's arrival. We were tenth in the League having finished 6th the season before on 62 points.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: October 13, 2019, 03:19:41 pm »

They've learnt some bitter lessons and must reaise the importance of getting the right successor.

Yes, some time off but with klopp to advise and Moore and Co to negotiate hope springs eternal.

Anyway hope Klopp stays well past his current contract.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: October 13, 2019, 03:21:14 pm »
This surprises absolutely no one.

So you’re saying that FSG have never made a mistake, and Klopp is easily replaceable?