Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 610288 times)

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #6320 on: May 16, 2019, 05:13:36 am »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6321 on: May 16, 2019, 11:48:27 am »
How much is the athletic subscription per month?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6323 on: May 16, 2019, 04:05:04 pm »
How much is the athletic subscription per month?

They have sales now and then, think I'm paying $2.99 a month which for the writers they is a bit of a steal.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #6324 on: May 16, 2019, 04:13:10 pm »
Not sure if I like the lottery much to be honest, pelicans shouldn't be getting the first pick with 6% chance they will probably just waste zion ala cp3 and AD

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

How were either players wasted by the Pelicans? Chris Paul got just as far with the Pelicans, as he did with the Clippers. Anthony Davis helped lead the Pelicans to the playoffs and both times they ended up losing because they faced the Warriors.

This is not necessarily directed at you, more towards casual fans and networks like ESPN after that embarrassing display at the draft lottery, but this stigma that large markets have more of a "right" to higher draft picks and better players is disgusting. Smaller markets are already at enough of a disadvantage since they can't attract big names in free agency, and yet people are upset with NOLA and entertaining the idea of Zion going back to Duke because it's not LA or NYC. There's no doubting the Pelicans have been mismanaged at times, but this applies to countless teams across the league, including LA and NYC who have been two of the most dysfunctional organizations over the past five years.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6325 on: May 16, 2019, 04:26:02 pm »
I agree with a lot of what you say im a pacers fan who are a pretty small market team and don't think I'll ever see us win the big one! As you said tho I think new orleans have either been mismanaged or they just can't attract the talent to make the most of having a star player.

I was glad the Knicks didn't get zion as I don't like them but it does kinda feel like the pelicans have had their chance with a star player and not done much with it and they weren't even one of the worst teams last year so seems silly they get the best player.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6326 on: May 16, 2019, 04:31:38 pm »
I agree with a lot of what you say im a pacers fan who are a pretty small market team and don't think I'll ever see us win the big one! As you said tho I think new orleans have either been mismanaged or they just can't attract the talent to make the most of having a star player.

I was glad the Knicks didn't get zion as I don't like them but it does kinda feel like the pelicans have had their chance with a star player and not done much with it and they weren't even one of the worst teams last year so seems silly they get the best player.

That's fair. In the end, the Pelicans wouldn't have even had that high of a chance of getting the number one pick if Anthony Davis hadn't thrown a fit midseason and decided he just had to play for the Lakers. I'm not sure teams like Phoenix, Memphis, or Minnesota are in a much better place to make use of his talent anyways. At least the Pelicans have a competent GM running things at this point, so hopefully they can make use of Zion (or whoever they draft).

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6327 on: May 16, 2019, 07:35:30 pm »
How were either players wasted by the Pelicans? Chris Paul got just as far with the Pelicans, as he did with the Clippers. Anthony Davis helped lead the Pelicans to the playoffs and both times they ended up losing because they faced the Warriors.

This is not necessarily directed at you, more towards casual fans and networks like ESPN after that embarrassing display at the draft lottery, but this stigma that large markets have more of a "right" to higher draft picks and better players is disgusting. Smaller markets are already at enough of a disadvantage since they can't attract big names in free agency, and yet people are upset with NOLA and entertaining the idea of Zion going back to Duke because it's not LA or NYC. There's no doubting the Pelicans have been mismanaged at times, but this applies to countless teams across the league, including LA and NYC who have been two of the most dysfunctional organizations over the past five years.
not sure if it’s still the case but they’re owned by the same people who own the saints and they did stuff like use the same fitness staff which led to injury issues, very good basketball reasons for wanting to swerve there, esp someone with zions build

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #6328 on: May 17, 2019, 11:07:43 am »
I won't lie, I was absolutely gutted. Was convinced we'd finally get something our way.
We finally go into tank mode, and end up losing out to a team that almost made the playoffs.

Typical Knicks as they say, so frustrating.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6329 on: May 17, 2019, 11:07:45 am »
They have sales now and then, think I'm paying $2.99 a month which for the writers they is a bit of a steal.

That's a great deal
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6330 on: May 18, 2019, 12:41:11 am »
Tyreke Evans disqualified from the NBA for violating anti-drug program. Can apply for reinstatement in two years

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6331 on: May 18, 2019, 01:55:46 am »
Bucks absolutely destroying Toronto in this quarter

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6332 on: May 20, 2019, 03:08:46 am »
Now I can sleep.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6333 on: May 20, 2019, 04:12:37 pm »
It feels like this Toronto Milwaukee series will be won by the role players. Everyone knows what to expect from Kawhi and Giannis, but players like Bledsoe, Middleton, Siakam, and Lowry will be the difference makers.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6334 on: May 20, 2019, 05:41:45 pm »
Magic throwing pelinka under the bus on first take today

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6335 on: May 20, 2019, 08:28:12 pm »
Magic throwing pelinka under the bus on first take today

I have lost so much respect for Magic the past few months.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6336 on: May 20, 2019, 08:37:23 pm »
I have lost so much respect for Magic the past few months.

Don't see anything wrong with what he said. Palenka is a snake, always has been, that's why no agent wants to deal with him in the nba.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6337 on: May 20, 2019, 08:41:59 pm »
Don't see anything wrong with what he said. Palenka is a snake, always has been, that's why no agent wants to deal with him in the nba.
yup, clearly trying to set the stage so no good free agent goes there this summer and pelinka gets fucked off

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6338 on: May 20, 2019, 09:40:18 pm »
I am not excusing Pelinka by any means. I will never understand why the Lakers hired a former agent with a questionable reputation as the GM. Jeannie Buss deserves a fair amount of criticism in all of this, too.

My complaint with Magic is the way all of this was handled. He clearly took the job with the Lakers with the expectation that it wasn't going to be a time consuming job, then jumped ship when almost nothing worked out. The only thing they got right was signing LeBron, and I am convinced he would have gone there regardless of who was running the Lakers. He was a lazy executive who deserves as much blame as anyone in the organization. Show some sort of professionalism.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6339 on: May 20, 2019, 09:48:38 pm »
He clearly took the job with the Lakers with the expectation that it wasn't going to be a time consuming job, then jumped ship when almost nothing worked out.

He jumped ship because he was being undermined, he wanted his own coach, which they didn't want to do and then ended up firing him anyway!

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6340 on: May 20, 2019, 10:10:19 pm »
He jumped ship because he was being undermined, he wanted his own coach, which they didn't want to do and then ended up firing him anyway!

It seems like an excuse to me. It was widely acknowledged in the media that Walton was going to be fired at the end of the season, regardless of what happened with the Lakers.

In the end, he clearly wasn't committed to putting in the time necessary to do the job. Even if everything he said about Pelinka is true, show some professionalism on the way out. Tell Pelinka, Jeannie Buss, LeBron, just someone that you are stepping down, rather than getting in front of the cameras and dropping a bomb. Bill Simmons mentioned on his podcast a few months ago that he did the same thing at ESPN i.e. wasn't a hard worker, then randomly quit one day. He can point fingers at Pelinka as much as he would like, which could certainly be warranted, but he hasn't covered himself in glory with this whole situation. The irony of it is he pointed fingers at everyone during that interview today. Take some responsiblity for what happened and move.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6341 on: May 20, 2019, 10:23:50 pm »
It seems like an excuse to me. It was widely acknowledged in the media that Walton was going to be fired at the end of the season, regardless of what happened with the Lakers.

In the end, he clearly wasn't committed to putting in the time necessary to do the job. Even if everything he said about Pelinka is true, show some professionalism on the way out. Tell Pelinka, Jeannie Buss, LeBron, just someone that you are stepping down, rather than getting in front of the cameras and dropping a bomb. Bill Simmons mentioned on his podcast a few months ago that he did the same thing at ESPN i.e. wasn't a hard worker, then randomly quit one day. He can point fingers at Pelinka as much as he would like, which could certainly be warranted, but he hasn't covered himself in glory with this whole situation. The irony of it is he pointed fingers at everyone during that interview today. Take some responsiblity for what happened and move.

Yep. I remember him saying that. Additionally

Bill Simmons@BillSimmons
Last summer after LeBron agreed and Paul George fell through — Magic signed Lance, Rondo, KCP and Javale, let Lopez and Randle go, then he went to Europe for FIVE WEEKS. Now he’s mad that Pelinka questioned his work ethic. I love this story so much.

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
« Reply #6342 on: May 21, 2019, 03:44:10 am »
NBA Finals 1994: Game 1   Wednesday, June 8   Houston Rockets   85–78 (1–0)   New York Knicks

2019: Portland vs Warriors 69:65 at HALF TIME. Is this for real?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6343 on: May 21, 2019, 05:29:34 am »
We swept Blazers but it was a much closer series than people think. They were on brink of stealing game 2 and taking home advantage. I think missing Nurkic hurt them more in this series than vs the Nuggets.

All but one games came down to wire, thankfully for us Blazers were gassed in 2nd halves, they lost 15+ point leads in 2nd halves 3 games in a row.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6344 on: May 21, 2019, 05:31:12 am »
Gotta admit i am enjoying this Lakers circus atm, Lakers better get AD or turn that 4th pick into gold or Pelinka is gone too.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6345 on: May 21, 2019, 05:34:46 am »
Now i don't mind Bucks series going to 7 games and we get a good rest especially for KD. Curry and Draymond were great but we will definitely need KD against Bucks or Raptors.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6346 on: May 21, 2019, 07:11:00 am »
We swept Blazers but it was a much closer series than people think. They were on brink of stealing game 2 and taking home advantage. I think missing Nurkic hurt them more in this series than vs the Nuggets.

All but one games came down to wire, thankfully for us Blazers were gassed in 2nd halves, they lost 15+ point leads in 2nd halves 3 games in a row.
not seen game 4 but they’ve looked a bit knackered, good season from them though, despite the end

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6347 on: May 21, 2019, 07:14:31 am »
Now i don't mind Bucks series going to 7 games and we get a good rest especially for KD. Curry and Draymond were great but we will definitely need KD against Bucks or Raptors.

I think the Warriors stroll past the Raptors pretty easily even without KD to be honest if they make it to the Final. Cant see Raptors getting past the Bucks though

I just dont see either of them beating the Warriors though. Curry is on a mission to 3 peat and I dont think anyone can stop him and especially if KD is back along with how Draymond is playing.

PS. Shoutout to Meyers Leonard shocking the world tonight with that first half performance, crazy.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6348 on: May 21, 2019, 03:56:54 pm »
The Warriors would be fine against the Raptor or Bucks without KD if they had another small forward to simply provide depth, like Harrison Barnes in 2015/16. It will be interesting to see how they fill that hole in their lineup next year. I still think they will challenge for the title next year if they bring in someone like Millsap or Thad Young to fill that void.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6349 on: May 21, 2019, 11:26:47 pm »

Blazers were always going to be facing an uphill battle. Our depth was crippled by injuries (Kanter, Hood, Nurkic). Not a whole lot of cap room to work with so a slight regression wouldn't be that surprising.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6350 on: May 21, 2019, 11:36:18 pm »
Warriors can beat Toronto without KD, doing so against the Bucks would be a much harder task

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6351 on: May 22, 2019, 12:24:31 am »
Warriors can beat Toronto without KD, doing so against the Bucks would be a much harder task
Yea not sure who defends Giannis wo KD

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6352 on: May 22, 2019, 03:14:26 am »
Yea not sure who defends Giannis wo KD

Andre Iguadola I think. I think Iggy defends him even if KD is around.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6353 on: May 22, 2019, 03:50:38 am »
Was not expecting this! Big games from Lowry and gasol showing why they made the trade the last two games

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6355 on: May 22, 2019, 04:44:24 am »
Andre Iguadola I think. I think Iggy defends him even if KD is around.
Probably could be Green also. They probably rotate

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #6356 on: May 22, 2019, 05:05:15 am »
Could not be any more proud of this Raps team. Against a rested Bucks team and after a bloodbath of a series 76ers. After dropping a heartbreaking game 1 and Kawhi hobbled like he is to bounce back and tie the series is the stuff of legends for this young Raps franchise. 

We're still in it very tough with Bucks homecourt advantage and Kawhi looking gassed, but at least we will test if their inexperienced team can handle the immense playoff pressure. 
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6357 on: May 22, 2019, 06:52:56 am »
Could not be any more proud of this Raps team. Against a rested Bucks team and after a bloodbath of a series 76ers. After dropping a heartbreaking game 1 and Kawhi hobbled like he is to bounce back and tie the series is the stuff of legends for this young Raps franchise. 

We're still in it very tough with Bucks homecourt advantage and Kawhi looking gassed, but at least we will test if their inexperienced team can handle the immense playoff pressure. 
the bucks guards aren’t doing great, even Brogdon sucked today

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #6358 on: May 22, 2019, 08:36:50 am »
the bucks guards aren’t doing great, even Brogdon sucked today

Yes they have, been you can say the same about us with Green and FVV struggling.  It's really our front court that is carrying us and outplaying there's. Let's see if Gasol, Ibaka and Siakam can replicate their tricks on the road.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6359 on: May 22, 2019, 05:54:56 pm »
Someone has to start making shots on Milwaukee, otherwise Giannis is going to have trouble getting open looks. You would assume it would be Bledsoe, although he has had the yips all series.