Author Topic: Leicester City Vs Liverpool Pre-Match Saturday 23rd September 17:30  (Read 53446 times)

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool Pre-Match Saturday 23rd September 17:30
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2017, 08:13:33 pm »
Not that midfield again please. Its poor.

What's the alternative?

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2017, 08:18:13 pm »
Crucial crucial game!
Lose and that's top 4 gone  :o  :butt this early in the season already!!
Deffo need to win on Saturday

It's worse than that,  we will likely be relegated.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2017, 08:19:13 pm »
Am I the only one worried about this game? I can just see us having 29 shots to their 3 and them winning 3-0.

You spout some absolute bollocks.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2017, 08:27:39 pm »

Tired of hearing this. It rarely happens.

Liverpool 4 Arsenal 0 a few weeks ago.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2017, 08:28:41 pm »
What's the alternative?
Drop one for Coutinho

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2017, 08:29:18 pm »
We'll win 5-2
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2017, 08:29:52 pm »
Don't care how, just win.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2017, 08:31:49 pm »
Generally when good teams are in a bad run of form.....the thing they should try to do is to keep things tight at the back for the next few matches. When things start to become better....then they go back to their normal games. And thats what we should aim to do against Leicester.

Yes, i want us to win convincingly... but things are not working out for us now (hitting the crossbar, spurning loads of chances...etc).  I would take a boring 0-0 draw at this moment.

Maybe a little change of tactics might help
a)Play a back 4 and instruct the fullbacks not to go past the half-way line as much as possible.
b)Get Hendo (cos he is still the best DM in this club) to anchor the defence (similarly....don't be too ambitious in going forward).
c)I would play Emre Can as a RB (he does a decent job for germany in this position)
d)The rest of the 5 players should take care the midfield and attack
e)The key is to do to others what they do to us.....low blocks and try to sneak a goal or 2.

Team

Mig
              Can     Matip   Lovern    Moreno
                                Hendo
                Salah     Gini   Milner     Coutinho

Firmino

f) 4-1-4-1 formation.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2017, 08:32:47 pm »
Not that midfield again please. Its poor.

Play Can, Gini and Phil maybe
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2017, 08:34:05 pm »
Drop one for Coutinho
then who plays on the left?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2017, 08:38:19 pm »
What's the alternative?

Milner, Ejaria, Woodburn, Gerrard, Buvac, Mighty Red.

Anyone really but them 3 together. I have no belief in that midfield whatsoever.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2017, 08:41:11 pm »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2017, 08:48:20 pm »
Mid or front 3

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2017, 08:57:56 pm »
If the lads aren't fired up for this one after last night without even needing a team talk then we have a problem

Mignolet
Gomez  Matip  Lovren  Robertson

Gini

Coutinho Can

Salah                     ?
             Firmino 

LM the only spot im unsure of. Prefer to see Oxlade Chamberlain play CM but want Coutinho in the midfield 3

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2017, 09:28:40 pm »
That's the spirit.
We beat them 4-1 last year when he was up against against Matip and Lucas.

and Leicester only scored because Lucas felt pity and gave them a wee chance to get back in the game.

Back to the weekend's game...
When on form we can top anyone in the league, the problem is we're currently out of form and luckless. If our good side shows up at the King Power on the weekend then we win. The best way to play yourself into form is by winning and this is what the same set of players did earlier in 2017 to snap out of the bullsh*t that was January/February.

Conceding more than the expected goals stats, Oxlade-Chamberlain's run of no wins since the season opener and general poor form - Just Go Away, okay? Cheers
The change is cast

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2017, 10:13:39 pm »
I came in to post something like "just keep a clean sheet" - then I realised that that would make me sound like a right lunatic, because that aint happening  ;D   So in that case, lets hope we are clinical EARLY in this game, and try to get some confidence, after all, we owe these fuckpot's one

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2017, 10:19:57 pm »
We'll win 5-2

2-5 I'm really superstitious about things like that.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2017, 10:24:41 pm »
We'll win 5-2

Does that mean that after our defence has just gifted them another goal midway through the second half to put them 2-0 up with their second shot on target after we've had 53 shots and no goals, the traveling Kop can shout we're gonna win 5-2, then?
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2017, 10:47:40 pm »
I think we'll win this. Leicester's game plan will of course be exactly the same but I think with Salah and Firmino in the front line we have the quality to see them off.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2017, 11:02:27 pm »
Before the cup game I thought we'd win in the cup & get beat in the league game. After seeing the cup game, this is a home banker imo.

I think we'll need to score 3 to win. Which is a truly frightening statement but I think Leicester will score at least 2. They scored 2 midweek & didn't even try with half a team out. I've tried to convince myself than Lovren & Matip coming in will make a difference but I can't see it. I expect Moreno to come back in for Robertson for absolutely no reason other than apparently Moreno is now first choice. Yep. Alberto Moreno - 1st choice. Sound.

We'll make changes but at the back and in goal it makes no odds, they're all the same level. I bet Vardy & Mahrez can't wait for this. I'm fucking dreading it.

I think we'll play better than we did midweek, but I think we'll fall short. 2-1 Leicester. Another defeat. Firmino will get us a goal once we're 2-0 down.

I hope I'm wrong.

There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2017, 11:14:56 pm »
Before the cup game I thought we'd win in the cup & get beat in the league game. After seeing the cup game, this is a home banker imo.

I think we'll need to score 3 to win. Which is a truly frightening statement but I think Leicester will score at least 2. They scored 2 midweek & didn't even try with half a team out. I've tried to convince myself than Lovren & Matip coming in will make a difference but I can't see it. I expect Moreno to come back in for Robertson for absolutely no reason other than apparently Moreno is now first choice. Yep. Alberto Moreno - 1st choice. Sound.

We'll make changes but at the back and in goal it makes no odds, they're all the same level. I bet Vardy & Mahrez can't wait for this. I'm fucking dreading it.

I think we'll play better than we did midweek, but I think we'll fall short. 2-1 Leicester. Another defeat. Firmino will get us a goal once we're 2-0 down.

I hope I'm wrong.

Fuck the right off with that shit.

Something gone wrong with our fan base when so early in the season so called fans are thinking we will lose to relegation fodder.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2017, 11:28:17 pm »

I hope I'm wrong.

Lol is this real?!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2017, 11:29:44 pm »
Its real alright, sadly

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2017, 11:34:03 pm »
Its real alright, sadly

We used to be famed for our educated fan base
Based on their current reaction to a mildly disappointing 10 days I honestly think we might have one of the worst.
It's actually shocked me - no idea what's behind it but it's pretty depressing to witness

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2017, 11:52:00 pm »
Based on their current reaction to a mildly disappointing 10 days I honestly think we might have one of the worst.
It's actually shocked me - no idea what's behind it but it's pretty depressing to witness

I'm more depressed about that mate than I am about the recent results. It's reminding me of Rafa's reign and how people turned on him. People, haven't learned a thing. It took us almost a decade to attract a top class manager since he was sacked .

The atmosphere at Anfield this past weekend was turbo gash.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2017, 12:10:35 am »
Mignolet, Trent, Matip, Gomez, Robertson, Can, Milner, Coutinho, Salah, Firmino, Sturridge

Gomez wasn't great midweek but keeps his spot by process of elimination, Lovren and Klavan are both useless whereas at least Gomez has the potential to improve over time. Moreno has been decent lately but Robertson looks a better all round player. Sick and tired of the usual middle 3 so switch it up a bit.

In reality though it's probably Lovren ahead of Gomez, Moreno ahead of Robertson, and Hendo and Gini ahead of Milner and Sturridge. Anyone got a gun to head emoji?

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2017, 12:14:11 am »
Fuck the right off with that shit.

Something gone wrong with our fan base when so early in the season so called fans are thinking we will lose to relegation fodder.

We fucking lost to them yesterday you helmet.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2017, 12:21:44 am »

;D

Offline Koplad83

• Main Stander
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2017, 12:25:42 am »

I don't agree with him but it's not a reaction to the last 10 days, it's a reaction to what is turning out to be long term problems.

1-3 to us I think.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2017, 12:45:37 am »
I'm more depressed about that mate than I am about the recent results. It's reminding me of Rafa's reign and how people turned on him. People, haven't learned a thing. It took us almost a decade to attract a top class manager since he was sacked .

The atmosphere at Anfield this past weekend was turbo gash.

Agreed - It's really odd to me.
There's stuff to criticise of course - but then there always is - this isn't player or performance criticism this is whole sale negativity massively out of proportion for what's happening on the pitch or in general with the club.

It smacks of a huge sense of entitlement. We didn't spend 200 million quid and we haven't won every game and its toys out of pram and through the manager under the bus time.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2017, 12:57:43 am »
There's stuff to criticise of course - but then there always is - this isn't player or performance criticism this is whole sale negativity massively out of proportion for what's happening on the pitch or in general with the club.

It smacks of a huge sense of entitlement. We didn't spend 200 million quid and we haven't won every game and its toys out of pram and through the manager under the bus time.

It's exactly that, sense of entitlement. We haven't won the league in 25 plus years, yet we expect someone to walk in and win the league like it's a piece of piss. yet you have sides like City pissing 200 million pounds on defenders alone, as if there is no competition in the league.

Prior to Klopp's arrival, we hadn't been in a cup final in 4 years. We finished 4th last year when most didn't think we would but you still hear people saying ''yea but we scrapped''. Like who gives a fuck, the end result is what matters.

Judge him at the end of the season, if he goes backwards this year, but we're in bloody September.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2017, 01:17:51 am »
<snip>

Thanks for that OP. Well stated.

As for this game, I believe we are going to absolutely spank them. Klopp will have them fired up and ready to prove a point. I expect an immense performance.

Only one request, and that is Can on the bench and not starting in the middle. I've got little faith he's going to fix the problems in his game and he will put pressure on the defense and we don't need that this weekend.

Offline RedGreen

• Main Stander
  • Cautiously Klopptimistic - Resistance is Futile
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2017, 02:01:30 am »

Has everyone forgotten that Solanke played mostly on the left at the U20 World Cup (in the winning side!) in the summer? Why not try him there and let Coutinho shore up the midfield on the left?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

Offline Boer_War

• Main Stander
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2017, 02:20:44 am »

I hope I'm wrong.

Even if we were playing Barca and there was a very good chance we'd loose the match, I'd still not be dreading it.

And Leicester aren't Barca (breaking news).

What kind of 'fan' are you?
Get 8% cash back from the official store

http://www.quidco.com/user/4882829

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2017, 02:23:46 am »
Fully expect us to do these Saturday now. Klopp will demand a reaction and I think he'll get it. Salah and Coutinho to steal the show, Firmino with a goal.

Someones in for a killing soon, let's hope it's this Saturday.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2017, 02:30:26 am »

It's a tough one. I definitely condemn any opinion that thinks Klopp is anywhere near the door, or should be near the door. But, it's hard because the problems Liverpool have right now are the same problems we've had for a very long time, well before the current manager. I think not achieving is always frustrating for a fan base like ours, because the expectations are so high, but when it feels like Groundhog Day, and things weren't addressed in the summer, when you can see it coming as a fan from a mile away, that's what is tough to take. The problems we're having now are ones we've known about for years. I think that's why there's been such a frustration. I'm always of the mindset that you can't judge anything until the end of a season. Losses now seem pivotal, but they may not turn out to be. And vice versa, wins that seem massive at the time, can be not as important by the end. City last Christmas the most recent example of that. We're in a tough patch and I can see why fans are angry, but we've got to ride it and trust the manager. Such early days. Lets see what Leicester brings and take it from there.

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2017, 03:20:17 am »
Fuck me it's depressing in here.  I'm not too arsed about the League Cup defeat, think we should have won it but were more focussed on this weekend's match wioth the changes at half-time proving that.

Come on you Reds!  We'll take our chances this weekend.  I think Hendo is due a spell, hoping to see midfield including Coutinho and then I guess the only choice is AOC or Sturridge in the front 3.  I'd opt for Oxo at this stage, because I think we need Firmino through the middle and two runners either side to press.

HIgh intensity display, get a goal or two early then crush them when they are forced to come out and play!  4-1 to us, Salah with a couple, Bobby and AOC.

Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2017, 05:36:26 am »
Would like to see Klopp go with 4-4-2 diamond with Coutinho at the tip of midfield and Salah, Firmino up front.
Mignolet, TAA, Matip, Gomez, Robertson, Henderson, Can, Gini/AOC, Coutinho, Salah, Firmino
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2017, 05:48:57 am »
Need a result as it will a good tonic for trip to Russia.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2017, 06:00:25 am »

Yeah, with a weaker team than normal.