Author Topic: Ryan Kent  (Read 46445 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ryan Kent
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2017, 05:43:47 pm »
Don't really think that's true at all, and the manager I'm pretty sure has said he'd rather have players here learning to play his way than loaning them out if they're not going to play that often.

I personally think something that needs to happen is the U23 league and cup competitions get stronger, and the only way that'll happen is if most of the better youngsters are actually retained. I get there are youngsters like De Bruyne and Lukaku who clearly need first team top flight football, but for the likes of Ojo/Kent/Trent etc I really don't see much value in loaning out to some Championship/League One/League Two side. These clubs really aren't that bothered about helping our kids develop, they're desperate for promotion/survival. So they tend to go with experienced pros rather than a kid who is still learning their trade and more likely to make mistakes whilst doing so.

Newcastle as well, they've still got that Aarons kid haven't they? I don't see any chance, even if its Rafa, that he'd favour our young winger over him when they'll benefit much more if they can get him to first team level.

What is the point in keeping them here and teaching them how we play if they're not actually going to play for the first team barring a colossal injury crisis? It's absolutely pointless; the likes of Wilson, Ojo, Kent and Gomez should be out on loan playing as much first team football as they can, not playing U23 football every week and hoping to scrape a place on the bench once every few months. Too many players in our academy are just stagnating.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2017, 05:47:08 pm »
What is the point in keeping them here and teaching them how we play if they're not actually going to play for the first team barring a colossal injury crisis? It's absolutely pointless; the likes of Wilson, Ojo, Kent and Gomez should be out on loan playing as much first team football as they can, not playing U23 football every week and hoping to scrape a place on the bench once every few months. Too many players in our academy are just stagnating.

Ryan Kent has just had a full season out on loan, and is now right back to where he was before. So how has that loan spell, where he did well, helped him improve his chances here? Danny Ward much the same.

How many players go out on loan and then come back and challenge for the first team?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2017, 05:50:23 pm »
Ryan Kent has just had a full season out on loan, and is now right back to where he was before. So how has that loan spell, where he did well, helped him improve his chances here? Danny Ward much the same.

How many players go out on loan and then come back and challenge for the first team?

It hasn't helped his chances of making it at Liverpool, but he has got himself something of a reputation and Championship clubs want him again. I certainly think he's got more out of his season than Wilson did, despite Wilson tearing the reserve league up. We'd have no problem selling Ward now either. A loan doesn't always have to be for the sole purpose of developing them for the first team, they can be useful for inflating the reputation of a player and getting a larger fee for them. Think Sergi Canos.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2017, 06:05:01 pm »
It hasn't helped his chances of making it at Liverpool, but he has got himself something of a reputation and Championship clubs want him again. I certainly think he's got more out of his season than Wilson did, despite Wilson tearing the reserve league up. We'd have no problem selling Ward now either. A loan doesn't always have to be for the sole purpose of developing them for the first team, they can be useful for inflating the reputation of a player and getting a larger fee for them. Think Sergi Canos.

Wilsons been linked with Celtic, no?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2017, 06:08:20 pm »
Wilsons been linked with Celtic, no?

Apparently and that would be a good move for him, but in my opinion Kent's season was more beneficial for his development than a season in the ressies was for Wilson.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2017, 06:12:44 pm »
Don't really think that's true at all, and the manager I'm pretty sure has said he'd rather have players here learning to play his way than loaning them out if they're not going to play that often.

I personally think something that needs to happen is the U23 league and cup competitions get stronger, and the only way that'll happen is if most of the better youngsters are actually retained. I get there are youngsters like De Bruyne and Lukaku who clearly need first team top flight football, but for the likes of Ojo/Kent/Trent etc I really don't see much value in loaning out to some Championship/League One/League Two side. These clubs really aren't that bothered about helping our kids develop, they're desperate for promotion/survival. So they tend to go with experienced pros rather than a kid who is still learning their trade and more likely to make mistakes whilst doing so.

Newcastle as well, they've still got that Aarons kid haven't they? I don't see any chance, even if its Rafa, that he'd favour our young winger over him when they'll benefit much more if they can get him to first team level.

But they'll only develop so much playing against other kids. Eventually they have to start playing against significantly better players on a more regular basis. Put Ojo in the u23s and he'll continue to be a physical beast who can kick and rush past just about any full back he comes up against, he won't learn to adapt his game in real situations if he continues to do that. He needs to be tested against players who can match him physically, defences that are better drilled and more experienced players.

If you can't get a loan here as clubs are worried about playing kids look elsewhere, France, Holland, Portugal, Spain, Germany. All leagues that have clubs that are happy to take a chance on a kid.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2017, 06:13:09 pm »
Apparently and that would be a good move for him, but in my opinion Kent's season was more beneficial for his development than a season in the ressies was for Wilson.

They're both back, with Ojo, in pretty much the same spot though. All after loan spells at various stages.

Biggest thing with youngsters getting into the first team, is luck. Being in the right place at the right time. Like with TAA and Woodburn. So I'd say for the chance of actually getting into our side, the best chance is sticking around and hoping to get a chance due to rotation/injury etc.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2017, 06:15:17 pm »

Danny Ward could now go to play for a premier league side, he was miles away from that before his initial loan to scotland. Kent has went from League one player to regular in a mid table championship side and now has reportedly had offers from a premier league side. How is that not progress? 

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2017, 06:16:16 pm »
They're both back, with Ojo, in pretty much the same spot though. All after loan spells at various stages.

Biggest thing with youngsters getting into the first team, is luck. Being in the right place at the right time. Like with TAA and Woodburn. So I'd say for the chance of actually getting into our side, the best chance is sticking around and hoping to get a chance due to rotation/injury etc.

For the players most likely to see quite a bit of game time I absolutely agree, sending somebody like Alexander-Arnold out on loan would be a waste but for the players who are unlikely to get in the first team I would say it's pointless keeping them. The likes of Ojo and Wilson saw very limited football last season even when the squad was threadbare so what's going to change for them this season? Even if Salah and Mane got injured Klopp would probably play Firmino and Origi out wide ahead of them. I say get them out on loan to raise their profile with a view to selling them. Does that sound harsh? Perhaps, but I don't think we're doing these lads any favours by keeping them in the reserves.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2017, 06:24:18 pm »
Danny Ward could now go to play for a premier league side, he was miles away from that before his initial loan to scotland. Kent has went from League one player to regular in a mid table championship side and now has reportedly had offers from a premier league side. How is that not progress?

Danny Ward could now go to play for Huddersfield, because he played there last season and is part of the squad.

And I'm not talking about progress in terms of experience. I'm talking about their chances here. They're in the same boat. Ward is still third choice. Kent is still at the same level as Wilson and Ojo, who spent the majority of the season here. We're still talking about them having pre-season to see who might stay and be occasional first teamers. I just don't see the progression, aside from them potentially fetching a bit more money if we sell them.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2017, 06:39:36 pm »
Danny Ward could now go to play for Huddersfield, because he played there last season and is part of the squad.

And I'm not talking about progress in terms of experience. I'm talking about their chances here. They're in the same boat. Ward is still third choice. Kent is still at the same level as Wilson and Ojo, who spent the majority of the season here. We're still talking about them having pre-season to see who might stay and be occasional first teamers. I just don't see the progression, aside from them potentially fetching a bit more money if we sell them.
And that's something Ward wouldn't have had had he stayed here. Keeping them round and not playing them will just end up hurting their career prospects more.

Kent is likely a better player for going out on loan and that's all we can hope for from them really. He might not be good enough to play here still, but then 99% off youth players won't be whether they stay or go out on loan, even the best academies struggle to bring players through consistently at the top. Plus Ojo was seen as being ahead of Kent when they were coming through, Ojo was getting fast tracked up like Sterling/Woodburn/Ibe etc., so if Kent's level with them now he's made progress.

Offline Modroxter

• Main Stander
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2017, 06:37:08 am »
And that's something Ward wouldn't have had had he stayed here. Keeping them round and not playing them will just end up hurting their career prospects more.

Kent is likely a better player for going out on loan and that's all we can hope for from them really. He might not be good enough to play here still, but then 99% off youth players won't be whether they stay or go out on loan, even the best academies struggle to bring players through consistently at the top. Plus Ojo was seen as being ahead of Kent when they were coming through, Ojo was getting fast tracked up like Sterling/Woodburn/Ibe etc., so if Kent's level with them now he's made progress.

I hope that the loans make a difference and that we start to see them performing for the first team in cups and odd game. Nothing better than producing and nurturing talent and klopp has the experience of that. He will take a good look at all our younger and fringe players in pre season before making any decision.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2017, 08:03:25 am »

Kent played almost all of Barnsley's games last season, so I think it's clear that if he (or Ojo/Gomez/etc) go out on loan it'll only be to a similar situation where they would be guaranteed some action.

Regarding Gomez, I think he could do with a loan to a PL side, perhaps to one of the promoted sides like Huddersfield or Brighton, who both have good managers in Wagner (Klopp's best friend) and Chris Houghton. I reckon Gomez could surprise a few people if he got an opportunity to play regular PL football, which would be a good deal more productive for him than sitting on the bench behind Matip, Lovren, Klavan, and hopefully Van Dijk. I think those rumours about Brighton are true but that Klopp wants to first have a look at Gomez in preseason and see how the Van Dijk situation plays out before sanctioning that loan move.

EDIT: Here's a quote today from Chris Houghton re: Gomez on loan:
The chances of versatile young Liverpool defender Joe Gomez joining Albion on loan for the season are stronger.

Manager Chris Hughton told The Argus: “We’ve registered our interest but he’s not our player. It will be up to Liverpool.

“I’d like to think we are very much in the running.”

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/15378402.Albion_cooling_their_interest_in_Mooy/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:17:06 am by rickardinho1 »

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2017, 11:00:43 am »
Hope Gomez goes on loan. I wanna see him play more and if not for us then another PL team.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 5, 2017, 08:46:13 pm »
Liverpool strategy for loans ( well last season )  is they must play in 75per cent of games or there are heavy financial penalties . Wigan wanted brannagan last year but just would not take the risk of having to pay half a million pounds if he didn't work out over the season . The club are happy to pay wages but want to see the loanees getting plenty of playing time . Whether it changes this season or varies player to player suppose we will have to wait and see .

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #55 on: July 5, 2017, 08:57:47 pm »
He is incredibly talented. He has good footwork and excellent vision on the pitch and that makes him the most likely of all our popular talented youngsters to play centrally as a Playmaker in the future.

Wilson is pretty good as well, but I see him staying out wide. Ojo, as naturally gifted as he is, is a little behind Wilson in development as he needs a little improvement on his decision making.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #56 on: July 5, 2017, 10:21:38 pm »
He is incredibly talented. He has good footwork and excellent vision on the pitch and that makes him the most likely of all our popular talented youngsters to play centrally as a Playmaker in the future.

Wilson is pretty good as well, but I see him staying out wide. Ojo, as naturally gifted as he is, is a little behind Wilson in development as he needs a little improvement on his decision making.
I don't want to get into the business of ranking our prospects necessarily, but he has played the most senior football out of Wilson/Ojo/Woodburn over the past 2 seasons. And he has fared rather well. Watching him last season, he hit the bar a number of times and set teammates up for clear chances they missed, so those stats could easily be closer to 6 goals and 6 assists ish.
He's not the finished article yet but he appears to be physically ready, which could give him an edge. He hasn't suffered an injury setback like Ojo and he seems to be significantly bigger and stronger than Wilson. I'd love to see him actually get a chance off the bench this season. If it doesn't happen, I can see him being sold off with a buyback option similar to Ibe.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #57 on: July 6, 2017, 03:19:44 am »
I wouldn't mind him getting a loan to someone like Huddersfield. Similar style and ethos to us with Wagner there. Not a massive squad with a lot of hotshot wingers.

That said, I think we probably do have enough games this season to give one of Wilson/Kent/Ojo a decent number of minutes Ejaria is another option, if Klopp rates him there.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #58 on: July 6, 2017, 08:46:14 am »
Liverpool strategy for loans ( well last season )  is they must play in 75per cent of games or there are heavy financial penalties . Wigan wanted brannagan last year but just would not take the risk of having to pay half a million pounds if he didn't work out over the season . The club are happy to pay wages but want to see the loanees getting plenty of playing time . Whether it changes this season or varies player to player suppose we will have to wait and see .

Be interested to know who got the 75% of games and if the penalty fees were imposed and paid ?

Online Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2017, 09:48:20 pm »
Looks like the loan to the championship did Kent a world of good. You can see his decision making is so much better than it was last preseason. The only issue I've seen in the Tranmere game is that he's reluctant to pull the trigger with his right foot, even though he's been in great shooting positions while he was on it. But he looks like a proper footballer now, and a left footer to boot. I can see him as Salah's cover this season, definitely.

He looked more impressive than Ojo to be honest. Ojo is a great physical specimen, but he looked a bit lost in that first half at times, though he did show great chemistry with TAA. If anything, maybe a loan for him will do him wonders.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2017, 09:52:53 pm »
Looks like the loan to the championship did Kent a world of good. You can see his decision making is so much better than it was last preseason. The only issue I've seen in the Tranmere game is that he's reluctant to pull the trigger with his right foot, even though he's been in great shooting positions while he was on it. But he looks like a proper footballer now, and a left footer to boot. I can see him as Salah's cover this season, definitely.

He looked more impressive than Ojo to be honest. Ojo is a great physical specimen, but he looked a bit lost in that first half at times, though he did show great chemistry with TAA. If anything, maybe a loan for him will do him wonders.

yeah, I just wished Ojo would try and take players on and be a bit more direct. From the first minute Kent was trying to take a player on and did it well a couple times too, loved seeing that. Put in a couple good balls too. I have not seen much of him before, so it was good to see glimpses of what he's capable of.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2017, 09:58:42 pm »
Definately one to keep an eye on, he's improved alot in the last year. What we do with him for the coming season will be interesting, he's too good for the u23's and you would say he's behind quite a few for the first team spot - another loan maybe?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2017, 10:26:35 pm »
The melwood Messi coming along nicely

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2017, 10:35:26 pm »
He was very impressive tonight.

Having had a good season out on loan, it wouldn't serve his development to keep him here unless we'd be willing to give him opportunities.  If he has a good pre-season then hopefully he'll be one that Klopp might be open to giving game time in the PL as cover for Mane and Salah rather than just keep him as an option in the domestic cups and have him spend a season predominantly in the under-23's. 

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2017, 11:03:51 pm »
He's mainly right footed.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2017, 11:21:07 pm »

Believe it or not he's actually right footed but he's obviously been working a lot on his left to feel comfortable taking corners and free-kicks with it now.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2017, 01:01:10 am »
I thought Kent looked superb. Worth keeping one of him and Woodburn to play wing behind Mane, Salah and Coutinho. I'd have both ahead of Ojo from what I saw which was obviously only a half of football against a pretty weak side in a friendly....taken with a grain of salt.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2017, 03:23:06 am »
Told y'all he is good.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2017, 07:47:28 am »
Kent is very good. Needs to be with the 1st team squad next season.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2017, 08:09:35 am »
Early in our window we were linked with Demaria Grey as we're a little short in wide areas but watching Kent, Woodburn and Ojo play I don't see much point in signing a guy like that. We've got promising guys coming though in the position.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2017, 08:26:49 am »
Beard has to go!

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2017, 08:33:42 am »
Would rather see him stay with us this season, Klopp needs to find some game time for this lad as I think he could be very good.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2017, 09:17:20 am »
We struggled last season braking the parking the bus teams. Having Kent coming off the bench if we need a winger that's direct, can beat players and has pace can help us massively.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2017, 09:55:56 am »
We struggled last season braking the parking the bus teams. Having Kent coming off the bench if we need a winger that's direct, can beat players and has pace can help us massively.
He'll be doing well to make match day squads if everyone is fit? Yesterday's performance didn't do him no harm mind.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2017, 10:01:05 am »
He'll be doing well to make match day squads if everyone is fit? Yesterday's performance didn't do him no harm mind.

Very well, it didn't do him no harm but Tranmere are a non league club(i could honestly score a couple against them myself), better and bigger tests ahead.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2017, 10:02:36 am »
Very well, it didn't do him no harm but Tranmere are a non league club(i could honestly score a couple against them myself), better and bigger tests ahead.
Yeah their centre back (the number 5?)... a unit weren't he ;D

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2017, 10:11:17 am »
Yeah their centre back (the number 5?)... a unit weren't he ;D

I think you spelt walking pie wrong

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2017, 11:32:52 am »
He's a pretty aggressive player isn't he? He seems to make early decisions and then fully commits. I like that. If he learns to make the right decisions too he'll be handful for opponents.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2017, 02:21:01 pm »
Kent played well but must say Chirivella caught my eye, You can never tell with youngsters but he linked play well, quietly going about his business, good distribution. good reading of the game and always was showing and in space
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2017, 05:56:15 pm »

The bench was full of kids last season. And we'll rarely have everyone fit.

The likes of Markovic, Ings and Ojo will move on, probably on loan.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season