Author Topic: Ryan Kent  (Read 46425 times)

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ryan Kent
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2017, 08:01:05 pm »
Would like to see him stick around, if only to train regularly with Mane and Salah. If navigation is Kent's weakness, he could a lot worse than training with two of the best wingers in the game. Woodburn and TAA seem to have benefited enormously from regularly training with the first team.

I'm buying him a Garmin GPS watch - he'll be good in no time.

Online telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2017, 08:07:10 pm »
So it turns into a 6 month loan.

When a player is loaned out it is for 6 or season like I said.

If for 3-4 months a player isn't getting a look in then we can't recall him straight away.

No, it's not like you said. A loan can be cancelled at any point in the season if both teams agree.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2017, 08:11:04 pm »
No, it's not like you said. A loan can be cancelled at any point in the season if both teams agree.

No it can't.. it's 6 months or a season loan.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2017, 11:40:58 pm »
Am hoping we can still keep a door open for Kent rather than send him on loan. With the ambition, there has to be a door open for younger players. When I first saw Kent a few years back, I just thought he'd be another youth player that would eventually get snapped up by Cheltenham or whatever. But last season, I kept hearing his name mentioned alot for his loan club... 'man of the match' etc... ''He was everywhere' etc and  I only caught a few mins tonight today, but I'd like to see us keep a door open there for him.

We go for oxlaide whatsit, then that door starts to close a little. Perfectly happy to see the younger lads have a good go here.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 11:44:13 pm by Filler. »

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2017, 02:10:02 am »
No it can't.. it's 6 months or a season loan.

I am not sure if it is still in force this season, but last season, loans can be recalled, but the recalled player cannot feature for the first team during that 6 month period.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 1, 2017, 09:39:44 pm »
He's really trying very hard to earn a first team place and avoid a loan.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: August 1, 2017, 09:40:38 pm »
am tempted to say keep him if we don't get ox or another attacking player

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #127 on: August 1, 2017, 09:41:56 pm »

Shows the advantage of playing high profile pre season games, gives youngsters the taste and they'll want more.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #128 on: August 1, 2017, 09:42:48 pm »
Would love to see him brought on in the last quarter of a game against tired defences.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #129 on: August 1, 2017, 09:43:36 pm »
Two footed, skillful, pacy with a football brain.. All the attributes there.

Hopefully he stays here and plays a part this year. Very unlucky not to have a great assist.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #130 on: August 1, 2017, 09:44:43 pm »
By Jove...I think he's got it.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 1, 2017, 09:45:33 pm »
Good to see him do well. If he doesnt make it here then at least another Championship or even Premier League team can pick him up.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: August 1, 2017, 09:45:44 pm »
Think we only have 3 of the 4 club trained slots for CL so he could fill one of them and not affect anything else

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #133 on: August 1, 2017, 09:46:34 pm »
No reason to let him go if we don't bring in another winger. Seems like adequate cover and is slowly growing into a first team role.

Offline mechinate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #134 on: August 1, 2017, 09:49:13 pm »
Would be insanity to send him on loan especially given the lack of depth of our squad.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: August 1, 2017, 09:52:11 pm »
I'd be inclined to keep him, he's earned it. Turns 21 in a couple of months as well, not he's not exactly a kid anymore. He's becoming a man now, and it's time to see what he's made of.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #136 on: August 1, 2017, 09:54:55 pm »
I'd be inclined to keep him, he's earned it. Turns 21 in a couple of months as well, not he's not exactly a kid anymore. He's becoming a man now, and it's time to see what he's made of.

Can't see us signing another winger and if he can't learn his trade off Salah and Mane.....

Good luck to the lad and hope he gets some cup games.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 1, 2017, 09:59:12 pm »

That's what we need. Players who will grab the opportunity with both hands.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 1, 2017, 10:03:20 pm »
Loved how he proper sent Rafinha the shops for a pint of milk for the disallowed goal.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #139 on: August 1, 2017, 10:08:15 pm »
Like to keep him too especially with the amount of games we have this season.

That dummy, I don't know how he did it even watching from the replay.

He needs game time and as a front 3 or winger, we'd expect him to be something special so I hope Klopp will play him in some lower rungs league games although I would avoid playing him against thugs such as West Brom

I want Kent in my team over 2 Ross Barkleys

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #140 on: August 1, 2017, 10:15:41 pm »
I think we need another wide player, I'd love to see Kent get the chance to prove that we don't need to buy one and he can be relied upon to play a part for us next season.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 1, 2017, 10:24:11 pm »
I love this guy. My one concern is his movement, he needs to make more runs to stretch the opposition, rather than getting into positions to receive the ball to feet all the time. Compare his movement to that of Mane and Salah (a bit unfair I know) and you can see he's not offering a threat in behind. Come on Kent lad, you can do it!

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: August 1, 2017, 10:26:49 pm »
Could do very well as an impact sub from early in the season, see if he takes his opportunities and take it from there. He's certainly got something.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 1, 2017, 10:37:00 pm »
Class when he came on again.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #144 on: August 1, 2017, 10:40:14 pm »
I love this guy. My one concern is his movement, he needs to make more runs to stretch the opposition, rather than getting into positions to receive the ball to feet all the time. Compare his movement to that of Mane and Salah (a bit unfair I know) and you can see he's not offering a threat in behind. Come on Kent lad, you can do it!

It's an alternate threat mind. Mane and Salah make fullbacks do suicides for 75 minutes then you bring on a fresh legged Kent who comments defenders by running directly at them with his skill and trickery. That's an incredibly hard thing to deal with now matter how good you are.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: August 1, 2017, 10:44:04 pm »

I think he has made a few in his brief-ish appearances, just not been picked up or found with the ball (one I think a defender just got his head to it before it dropped to him in an earlier game). It's certainly something he's going to learn, though.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 1, 2017, 10:51:08 pm »
I think he has made a few in his brief-ish appearances, just not been picked up or found with the ball (one I think a defender just got his head to it before it dropped to him in an earlier game). It's certainly something he's going to learn, though.

If he can he'll be incredible... :lickin

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 1, 2017, 11:10:30 pm »
Looks good.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #148 on: August 2, 2017, 01:36:10 am »
Looks like a great option as a super sub on either wing. Come on the last 20 to 30 minutes of a game and will provide to be a great outlet or option when we're trying to break down a stubborn defense.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #149 on: August 2, 2017, 04:20:29 am »
I would definitely keep him here this season and have been saying as such all summer. Also could see him drop into that Lallana role with age too.

I was looking around today for a comparison for Kent and ended up on Asensio. If we can get a similar season as that, we´d be laughing. Asensio had about 10 starts and another 10+ cameos (1300 minutes total in league and champions league). I wouldn't expect the same output but just someone who could take some minutes off the stars and pick up 10-15 games worth of pitch time.

In terms of output, Asensio got 6 goals and 3 assists (0,61 G+A/90) which is well on the path for an elite versatile forward player aged just 21. We can´t expect that of Kent yet clearly, so what of other young wingers in the EPL? Rashford, by way of comparison was 0,31 G+A/90 in the league (0,36 if you include Europa League). Some of those minutes were playing CF too which usually results in better output.

Zaha´s last 3 seasons have been 0,27 G+A/90 (age 21), 0,11 (age 22) and 0,47* (age 23).

His numbers are a good example of how variance can make players appear better or worse than they actually are. Therefore judging him on last season comes with the red flag that his expected numbers were much lower which means he may just have been a result of variance. His expected numbers based on the quality of chances he created and shots taken were actually 0,31 G+A/90 (age 21), 0,26 G+A/90 (age 22) and 0,30 (age 23) G+A/90.

So what should we expect of Ryan Kent? If he does hang around next season, expecting a goal or assist every 4 games or better would be a great start. Therefore if he gets about 1,000 mins of football you are asking for maybe 1 or 2 goals and the same number of assists. It doesn´t sound a lot but that would put him on the path to being a solid Premier League winger and around about what we would realistically get from someone like Zaha if he signed and only played the same amount of time. Likewise, Demarai Gray on 0,25 expected goals + assists per 90 and Albrighton on 0,22 show you what an average wingers production would look like in the Premier League.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2017, 04:22:02 am by BabuYagu »
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
  • Thou shall not wear socks with FlipFlops.
« Reply #150 on: August 2, 2017, 04:49:04 am »
So far this pre-season Kent has been playing himself into first team contention, he looks far better than I ever expected.. I hope he's given a chance with the first team, maybe some cup and sub appearances before reassessing in January.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #151 on: August 2, 2017, 05:32:32 am »
Should definitely stay. a like for like replacement for Salah on the bench/in the squad. Fearless, and a brilliant first touch. Different class.

Offline HowlingFanTodd

• Boys Pen
  • Urbs in Horto
« Reply #152 on: August 2, 2017, 06:43:36 am »
I've been pleasantly surprised by him. I anticipated Ojo would be the one to make an impression for the first team this season, but it could be Kent instead. I think he's a decent depth option because he'll be happy with whatever role he plays and can offer some of what Salah and Mane can with their pace. He'll need to add more end product long term but he created the disallowed goal today and looked very lively. 

« Last Edit: August 2, 2017, 06:46:00 am by HowlingFanTodd »

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 2, 2017, 06:48:03 am »
Looks impressive and has confidence to take on defenders.
YNWA

Offline oppai daisuki

• Main Stander
  • We have to change from doubters to believers. Now.
« Reply #154 on: August 2, 2017, 06:55:01 am »
Really impressed by how he controlled the pass from Grujic.

It's like he has glue on his boots.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: August 2, 2017, 07:05:46 am »

Was one of my biggest frustrations with Ibe.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 2, 2017, 07:08:14 am »
Impressed with that little performance last night. So gifted with both feet too. Will he get the opportunity when the real games come around or will he be loaned, I guess that's the only question.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 2, 2017, 07:09:28 am »
I underestimated this guy. Feels like he's done his time on loan where he earned his game time and payed his dues. He should stick around this season, Ojo should do what he did on loan (or better).

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #158 on: August 2, 2017, 07:24:35 am »
Always liked what I saw of him in the youth games. An England youth international as well. Hopefully he can progress.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: August 2, 2017, 07:47:22 am »
Was one of my biggest frustrations with Ibe.

Was going to mention that, but didn't want to make the comparison, as I think Kent has so much more game intelligence.

Would be interested to see what Reus was like at 20 y/o, it's a lazy comparison with Klopp as manager, but there's a few similarities.