Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1754077 times)

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #10560 on: April 30, 2021, 11:07:50 pm »
Sadio has always been my favourite player of the Klopp era also. Humble yet brilliant. I hope he can regain his mojo. Keep the faith.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10561 on: May 8, 2021, 10:13:34 pm »
Can't believe him and Salah don't pass to each other.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10562 on: May 8, 2021, 10:17:59 pm »
https://twitter.com/_ChrisBascombe/status/1388053752712663043

Only 2 attackers Salah & Mane have played more mins since 2019.

Sterling's form fell of a cliff this season as well. Salah is a bit of a freak to be honest.

And this right here is why those calling for us to buy a top quality 4th attacker in the summer of 2019 were bang on. We’ve asked way too much of him for ages now.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #10563 on: May 8, 2021, 11:07:15 pm »
Can't believe him and Salah don't pass to each other.
First inter-assist, if you will, 34th game of the season...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10564 on: May 8, 2021, 11:17:51 pm »
He’s definitely picked up last few games. Still no where near his level last few years which was elite... I’ve not given up on him. I think a rest and a proper preseason will do him wonders.

Goal tonight will too.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #10565 on: May 9, 2021, 12:37:29 am »
Think we as fans gotta give him the benefit like the manager does to play his way back to the world class ability we know he has. I'm also a believer though in what Paisley thought of aging players, however Mane is still young if you take a look around Europe at the top forwards.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #10566 on: May 9, 2021, 03:12:17 am »
It’s at the point now where a senior player has to front a press conference, drop a grenade and openly state that Sadio is basically assaulted for 90 mins each game and see what happens.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #10567 on: May 9, 2021, 04:22:51 am »
It’s at the point now where a senior player has to front a press conference, drop a grenade and openly state that Sadio is basically assaulted for 90 mins each game and see what happens.

He's certainly a good example of how it doesn't pay to stay on your feet the way the game is refereed currently, it just raises the bar for what it takes for you to get a free kick.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10568 on: May 9, 2021, 07:55:35 am »
He's certainly a good example of how it doesn't pay to stay on your feet the way the game is refereed currently, it just raises the bar for what it takes for you to get a free kick.

Doesn't seem to matter whether he stays on his feet or not, he rarely gets anything.

Quality in the first half and faded second. I'm convinced covid has effected his stamina levels. Think we'll see the real Sadio again next season. I'm not worried about him.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #10569 on: May 9, 2021, 09:08:10 am »
He does seem to have somehow offended the refs to such a level that they never give him any decision.
I think he should watch some "Bruno Fernandes" gold standard videos on screaming, shrieking, flopping to the ground, rolling around, get up to speed.
At the monent, Mane is only half heartedly trying to get freekicks and penalties and it is not working.
If a thing is worth doing it is worth doing well. If he's going to fall over (contact or no contact) then he HAS to buy the foul. Either he ups his current dismal theatrics game to at least "half a Bruno" level or its best we get rid.

I mean, it's shameful: I ve never heard Sadio scream in pain once  not even 3-4 consistent rollovers in the grass! Not a thespian worth his art, really poor at the moment.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10570 on: May 9, 2021, 09:40:57 am »
He does seem to have somehow offended the refs to such a level that they never give him any decision.
I think he should watch some "Bruno Fernandes" gold standard videos on screaming, shrieking, flopping to the ground, rolling around, get up to speed.
At the monent, Mane is only half heartedly trying to get freekicks and penalties and it is not working.
If a thing is worth doing it is worth doing well. If he's going to fall over (contact or no contact) then he HAS to buy the foul. Either he ups his current dismal theatrics game to at least "half a Bruno" level or its best we get rid.

I mean, it's shameful: I ve never heard Sadio scream in pain once  not even 3-4 consistent rollovers in the grass! Not a thespian worth his art, really poor at the moment.

I think Bruno Fernandes is instructed from his manager to exaggerate. After all, he comes from Ferguson's school of cheating and diving.

Klopp probably tells to the players the opposite of what Gollum tells to his players.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10571 on: May 9, 2021, 09:56:22 am »

I laughed when I read this as it seems Mane has spent a lot of this season on his ass. Many were due to tackles and dodgy ones at that but others should have been shrugged off by the lad. His strength to hold off players this season has dropped, his ability to go by defenders has fallen off and just no where close to his best.   If we have any chance of Top 4 he needs to pull up his socks and yesterday might be the start but if we had a full strength squad this season Jurgen would have rested Mane a lot more and let him find his form off the bench as he did not deserve to start half the games he did this season.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10572 on: May 9, 2021, 10:01:34 am »
Best half I’ve seen him have for a while. Faded in the second.

As someone said above, I do wonder just how much Covid has hit him. He’s not lost any pace, but his ability to use it over long distances and regularly (recovery rate) seems to be massively down on other seasons.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #10573 on: May 9, 2021, 10:13:23 am »
First half was the best I’ve seen him play since before Christmas.  Is that now 14 goals and 7 assists in all comps this season.  If we sign another wide player in the summer and he posts stats like that at this stage next season we’d probably all be raving about how good a season he’s had.  Just shows how high the bar Mane has played at since coming here that he’s got 14 goals and 7 assists and he’s been nowhere near his best.  Still think with a summer of rest he’ll come back next season firing on all cylinders. 

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10574 on: May 9, 2021, 11:16:14 am »
I still think he's burned out and in need of a rest rather than in a stage of physical decline.

As others have said, the first half against Southampton was the best he's played in a while. Hopefully the goal will give him a bit of a lift and he'll chip in with a couple more over the next four games, but I do think he'll benefit from a normal pre-season and we'll see him back to his best next season.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10575 on: May 9, 2021, 12:00:45 pm »
Best half I’ve seen him have for a while. Faded in the second.

As someone said above, I do wonder just how much Covid has hit him. He’s not lost any pace, but his ability to use it over long distances and regularly (recovery rate) seems to be massively down on other seasons.

Either that or he's going through the Manepause and loses his energy after the same amount of time each game ;)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10576 on: May 9, 2021, 12:05:07 pm »
Do Senegal have any games at the end of the season? I am really hoping he gets a proper rest to recharge his batteries and then with a full pre-season he will come back stronger. I think it is true that he fades like the team generally do in the second half. It was good to see him going past people again though yesterday, there is not a lot wrong with him which is why a good break will do him the world of good.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10577 on: May 9, 2021, 12:08:07 pm »
A quick Google suggests they don't have anything until the September international break jill

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10578 on: May 9, 2021, 12:09:38 pm »
A quick Google suggests they don't have anything until the September international break jill

Thanks for that, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Beach time for Sadio it is then.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10579 on: May 9, 2021, 02:43:24 pm »
And this right here is why those calling for us to buy a top quality 4th attacker in the summer of 2019 were bang on. We’ve asked way too much of him for ages now.

The decision not to buy in that summer might have backfired somewhat, but the decision to continue to run the likes of salah and mane into the ground after the title was won, last season was even more inexplicable, the long summer's rest people are hoping will turn around Mane's fortunes, was available in 2020 but went to waste.  The drive to get to 100 points or whatever looks absolutely foolish in retrospect, the biggest blunder in Klopp's glorious run, but the man has billions in credit.

I can only hope a summer's rest will revive Mane, robbo, firmino and co, but if it does it will serve to amplify previous  mistakes.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10580 on: May 9, 2021, 04:58:58 pm »
Can we get him on whatever Canelo Alvarez is taking please?

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #10581 on: May 9, 2021, 09:27:36 pm »
The decision not to buy in that summer might have backfired somewhat, but the decision to continue to run the likes of salah and mane into the ground after the title was won, last season was even more inexplicable, the long summer's rest people are hoping will turn around Mane's fortunes, was available in 2020 but went to waste.  The drive to get to 100 points or whatever looks absolutely foolish in retrospect, the biggest blunder in Klopp's glorious run, but the man has billions in credit.

I can only hope a summer's rest will revive Mane, robbo, firmino and co, but if it does it will serve to amplify previous  mistakes.
Really, you think those 7 games after the players had an enforced 2 month break is the reason for him being a shadow of his former self?

The accumulation of years of Klopp intensity football, ridiculous International tournaments and matches along with Covid and the condensed season all play a part in his general decline. You can't pinpoint one specific reason, that's hyperbolic. 
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10582 on: May 9, 2021, 11:16:08 pm »
Really, you think those 7 games after the players had an enforced 2 month break is the reason for him being a shadow of his former self?

The accumulation of years of Klopp intensity football, ridiculous International tournaments and matches along with Covid and the condensed season all play a part in his general decline. You can't pinpoint one specific reason, that's hyperbolic. 

Good point about the variety of demands on people like Mane, all the more reason to give him a rest, when you have the chance to.  We can't berate ridiculous int tournaments and try and justify picking him in those 7 ( summertime heat) pl games with nothing on the line and no paying public

It would have allowed him to have a proper 3/4 weeks rest(july 2020), then a close to a proper pre season(aug - mid sept for our 1st match).  Things none of our rivals could have afforded, city were playing CL football into August and our other top 6 rivals were largely fighting to get into the top 4 until the last kick of the season. We should have leveraged our dominance last season into a potential physical adv this season.  There is an article on this page talking about how amongst top 6 attackers only sterling has played the mins of Mane/Firmino/Salah .   Sterling who has also had his worst yr under pep, whilst pep had little choice, we needlessly flogged our frontline, knowing we haven't the depth of other teams

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #10583 on: May 9, 2021, 11:19:01 pm »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #10584 on: May 11, 2021, 01:35:45 pm »

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10585 on: May 11, 2021, 02:06:53 pm »
I think it's somewhat encouraging that he recognises he has been off form and is trying to get back into his groove.  Might just need a rest and reset.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #10586 on: May 13, 2021, 10:26:05 pm »
Deserves one hell of a bollocking by Klopp after that reaction. You've been shit lad, no need to go off at Jurgen because he hasn't started you.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10587 on: May 13, 2021, 10:26:29 pm »
Not the way to react after a win.  ???

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10588 on: May 13, 2021, 10:26:37 pm »
Deserves one hell of a bollocking by Klopp after that reaction. You've been shit lad, no need to go off at Jurgen because he hasn't started you.

What happened?

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #10589 on: May 13, 2021, 10:26:53 pm »

What reaction?
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #10590 on: May 13, 2021, 10:28:47 pm »
What happened?

Klopp was going around shaking everyone's hand/fist pumping and when he approached Mane he refused, walked away, and kicked up a fuss

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10591 on: May 13, 2021, 10:29:17 pm »
Good, light a fire under him. No problem at all
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10592 on: May 13, 2021, 10:30:38 pm »
Klopp was going around shaking everyone's hand/fist pumping and when he approached Mane he refused, walked away, and kicked up a fuss

Ah ok, ta.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10593 on: May 13, 2021, 10:30:43 pm »

Poor attitude

When he came on he looked physically shot as well, if we started him I don’t think we win this game.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10594 on: May 13, 2021, 10:33:05 pm »
Best I could find.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/nbrw2d/mane_left_boss_hanging/

Pull yourself together Mane. Got some matches to win.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10595 on: May 13, 2021, 10:34:59 pm »
He was poor when he came on.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10596 on: May 13, 2021, 10:36:04 pm »
Shocking cameo as a sub. I love Mane but you really have to question his mentality. He scored a few days ago yet still looks completely and utterly bereft of confidence.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10597 on: May 13, 2021, 10:36:53 pm »
Left Klopp hanging ;D

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #10598 on: May 13, 2021, 10:38:07 pm »
Lol Mane is pissed eh
True North Strong

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10599 on: May 13, 2021, 10:38:46 pm »
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur